As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40,000] Tales of the Neckbeard and Adventures in Crazyland, 1000 FLGS stories.

• FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    Has anyone heard any of the rumors that the next IA book will be featuring Thousand Sons? Because that would be cool. Also, let's talk about cool 40k stuff so I can distract myself from other things.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    So I had the opportunity to paint both a metal and a finecast Abaddon, within a few weeks of each other.

The differences are.. uh. Interesting.

How interesting are they?

Metalbaddon is heavy and solid. Finebaddon is infinitely lighter and more flimsy.

makosig.jpg
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    If the next IA book includes Thousand Sons, it will be the first one I've have bought since IA1. I want the 2 Badab War books, but I can't drop $100 bucks on it now.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Less Thousand Sons, more Tzeentch chaos. I think. Not sure if it's the next one or the one after.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    IK'll say this about Finecast, I snapped off the less than perfect scything talons onmy lictor, then they sent me a whole new model instead. So today I tried to glue on the arms to see if it would be an issue. A drop of zap-a-gap, and they joined right back on. I don't think they'll even need pinning.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    I originally heard it was supposed to be book 11, but since that was obviously not correct, it would be nice if it was 12. The only IA book I have is the final volume of Siege of Vraks, since that was the only one with slick chaos units.

I'd like to see anything for Tzeentch or Slaanesh. I mean, I love me some good ol' skulls for the skull throne, but just as a change of pace.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Change for the change god?

And just like that, I can see Tzeentch sitting on a street in New York rattling a tin cup for handouts.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Warhammer is a fun game. I may get to play it tomorrow. If so, there will be Vanguard Vets heroically intervening from one side of the board to the other. So cool.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    New squad+transport packs have hit FLGSs. Apparently they won't be sold in GW stores.

333723_sm-.jpg
    333724_sm-.jpg

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    gallery_5372_6906_36221.jpg

the colour doesn't jive but damn, that cape is cool. nice that someone finally thought to turn the fur down.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    I like the idea of the squad and transport packs. I'm sure I won't like the price.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    They save you 10-15 bucks depending on the box.

The Ork one, for instance, is 50 bucks, saving you 12 dollars, as is the IG one. I believe the marine/chaos ones are either 55 or 60.

SJ on
    that is a rad deal.

too bad the Marine one is a stupid drop pod.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yeah what idiot thought a tac squad in a drop pod would be good for that box, I dunno. At least the others are good though.

Although I can't wait for the day for drop pods to not suck in a regular marine list.

SJ on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I'd be tempted to get some drop pods, but I already have some jars.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    something so iconic shouldn't be so shitty on the tabletop.

I totally want a drop pod army to be viable and not a gimmick list.
    Chaos Drop pods would be even better.

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    So I've been at a Tournament off in the country for like 3 days. New Tyranid shit gives me the biggest Boner.

I took a retarded arse list (Jain Zar and 10 Banshees on foot what) and managed a total of one (1) win along with 2 draws and 2 loses. However, with my (presumably) amazing Paint and Comp scores I still managed to get 11/34 (it was a small tournament but populated by a significant portion of the serious tournament goers in the state) and got Best Painted!

Woooo.

Should have pics tomorrow. Now back to fantasising about running 5 Tervigons and 90 Termagants (to start with) in 1500 points.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Chaos drop pods would be the tits.

I've always liked the Vanilla Marine codex even with all the crazy shit going on in BA, SW etc.
    When the Chaos book drops, if the vanillas get a new book relatively soon, I'm tempted to build an Astral Claws army that could work with both books. They have a cool scheme and the pre-chaos Huron is a badass miniature

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Why do you guys shit on everything? Drop pods are really useful.

A whole army of them doesn't work, but taking one or two opens up a whole range of tactical options. I've had nothing but success running one in my Salamanders list (10 man tac, melta/melta/pfist/combi-melta, attached Terminator Librarian w/SS)

Sharp101 on
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    I love pods. They can completely fuck your enemy's plan up if you do it right. I've had a ven dred in a pod win me games because my enemy just. can't. kill it.

-

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    What awful GK list do I bring to PAX east? I can do most things but I have no dreadnoughts for I will not touch psyflemen.

There's at least two ways to make awful GK lists that also get over 20 comp score. Like... only Crowe and purifiers for maximum comp score.

karlthepagan on
    My awful GK list will only be +22 or so. You could also go spacewolves with 4 named plus lonewolfs and longfangs for -30. Ultimate troll list.

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm still debating if I want to bring a 40k army on the plane to play with at PAX East or not...

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Drop pods are Awesome! but then I don't own any bikes for my Black Templars
    I might get one or two but then I do have a lot of marines. I might get the wartruck and orcs

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

Or covered in them.

Also dicks.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    My awful GK list will only be +22 or so. You could also go spacewolves with 4 named plus lonewolfs and longfangs for -30. Ultimate troll list.

Are you going? If so, are you playing GKs?

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Scurvy and I played a sort of mini-apoc game. 5kpoints per side. I had my guard with a shit ton of artillery and tanks as well as my baneblade. He had grey knights in 3 stormravens and paladins and dreadknights.

All in all it was fun. He managed to finally make my baneblade go nuclear on turn 4 which in turn took out everything within 15" of it including a couple heavy weapons teams, a couple guard squads, a chimera, my bombard and part of Creed's command squad.

Though the star of the game was my platoon command squad in a chimera with 3 flamers and a heavy flamer. They roasted the shit out of so much stuff it was awesome.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular

Plastic Dreadclaws, or something else?

edited February 2012
    Sharp101 wrote: »

A whole army of them doesn't work, but taking one or two opens up a whole range of tactical options. I've had nothing but success running one in my Salamanders list (10 man tac, melta/melta/pfist/combi-melta, attached Terminator Librarian w/SS)
    I'm shitting on that bundle because a rhino+tact bundle would be way better. The drop pod is an outlier choice.

Matrias on
    Are you going? If so, are you playing GKs?

Going. Will most likely play GK. Only alternative is a bike list, which could be quite fun at max comp.

Tastyfish wrote: »

Plastic Dreadclaws, or something else?

It would be awesome if they made plastic dreadclaws that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Each.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    I just dumped 250 doll hairs on a pile of fur and ceramite.

Matrias on
    Sounds like a bargain. Exotic fur carpets, and a personal set of power armor for $250? I'd be down.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Is that some kind of euphemism?

I played my shrike list today. My HG failed 3 of 8 armor saves turn 1, but killed a terminator squad anyways. Once my whole army died, the Vanguards heroically intervened and killed one terminator, for a loss of all but one. Success!

Also, my plasma cannon had three rounds of shooting against bunched up terminators in the open. He heard he was in a bad list so he only killed one.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Odd. I could've sworn I was pining about Eldar Corsairs just now. I guess the forum ate my post or I never hit reply.

makosig.jpg
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'm planning about $200au on chitin and claws.

• TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Matrias wrote: »

I'm shitting on that bundle because a rhino+tact bundle would be way better. The drop pod is an outlier choice.
    It's kind of the marines iconic vehicle in a way though, but then I'm a sucker for anything that makes them play more like they do in Epic. Where your 3000 point 40K army just falls from the sky and lays waste to entire warbands and regiments.

Not sure how I feel about the Dreadclaw, looks cool but makes far more sense as a Chaos Cestus with all it's drills and things. Fact it can take off again is a little peculiar too - just can't see that thing flying about. I'd much rather see Cultists setting up summoning circles from which suitably daemonic reinforcements can come rather than drop pods. Think chaos needs a feel of innumerability and pervasiveness that the current (and previous) elite warband lists just don't have. Wars being going on for ages by the time you actually see the Chaos Space Marines, and at that point you're fucked.

Tastyfish on
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    Matrias wrote: »

It's kind of the marines iconic vehicle in a way though, but then I'm a sucker for anything that makes them play more like they do in Epic. Where your 3000 point 40K army just falls from the sky and lays waste to entire warbands and regiments.

I like playing against my brothers Blood Angels because this is what he does. Everything deep strikes.

Sure, he's assaulting an assault oriented Tyrant army and gets torn up, but it's great seeing Marines fight like they're described. Quick, surgical strike to the heart of the enemy army. If he was doing it with drop pods full of flamer equipped Tactical squads and Sternguard with combi-flamers out the wazoo, I'd be terrified of the army.

This discussion has been closed.