Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Jante [Chat]

24567102

Posts

  • Nova_CNova_C Sniff Sniff Snorf Beyond The WallRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Would it be weird if I walked over to the dry cleaners in my pajamas?

    Are all your clothes at the drycleaners?

    My blog: www.jonathanirons.net
    My Twitter: @IronsJonathan
    Be advised, I'm not the best at keeping either updated. >.>
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    I woke up this morning feeling bitchy and guilty, like I had done something wrong and felt embarrassed and terrible about it. I couldn't remember what, though, and it was annoying. Had I gotten into it with someone last night? I didn't think so. Had I had a bad dream? I felt sure that was it, but I couldn't remember what. I almost never remember my dreams.

    But finally in the shower it came back to me. I'd dreamt that I was in a classroom being taught by the President, and he'd caught me passing a note in class and had bitched me out in front of everyone.

  • jakobaggerjakobagger KøbenhavnRegistered User regular
    I've read from various sources that Iran, despite it's crazy rhetoric and retarded domestic policies tends to pursue a fairly realist foreign policy.

  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ seriously

  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    If Israel just kicks off WW3

    I'm gonna be pretty pissed

    MAYBE IRAN SHOULDN'T BE MAKING NUKES WHILE DENYING THE HOLOCAUST, TIMOTHY

    Iran's government making nukes and denying the holocaust doesn't affect me.

    My country taking a detour from un-fucking its economy to go stick its hardon back into the wasp's nest that is the Middle East does.

    IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

    How do you figure? Do you think Iran is a credible threat to Israel?

    Put another way, do you think Ahmadinejad has suddenly decided that he wants to be 'dispersed carbon' as opposed to 'President of Iran'? Because if and when Iran's government obtains a nuclear weapon, I see no reason why that would bring anything but stability to the region. As it stands, both sides feel free to dick around with rocket attacks and covert assassinations. Maybe a little MAD would be good for them.

    i think that's a terrible idea.

    but i guess we can save that for the inevitable thread if this actually happened.

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I bet it would be so terrible to get chewed out by Mr. O

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Six pack on a dick Registered User regular
    Time is a cruel, cruel bitch.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    h1DI1.jpg
    All my fuckin life I lived a normal fuckin life
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I woke up this morning feeling bitchy and guilty, like I had done something wrong and felt embarrassed and terrible about it. I couldn't remember what, though, and it was annoying. Had I gotten into it with someone last night? I didn't think so. Had I had a bad dream? I felt sure that was it, but I couldn't remember what. I almost never remember my dreams.

    But finally in the shower it came back to me. I'd dreamt that I was in a classroom being taught by the President, and he'd caught me passing a note in class and had bitched me out in front of everyone.
    the other day i dreamed i was playing me3 multi with kaidan

    he was playing as a kaidan

    Per3th.jpg
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Elendil wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I woke up this morning feeling bitchy and guilty, like I had done something wrong and felt embarrassed and terrible about it. I couldn't remember what, though, and it was annoying. Had I gotten into it with someone last night? I didn't think so. Had I had a bad dream? I felt sure that was it, but I couldn't remember what. I almost never remember my dreams.

    But finally in the shower it came back to me. I'd dreamt that I was in a classroom being taught by the President, and he'd caught me passing a note in class and had bitched me out in front of everyone.
    the other day i dreamed i was playing me3 multi with kaidan

    he was playing as a kaidan

    hahahaha

  • EchoEcho staring is caring Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    Stirred my tea for two minutes before remembering I hadn't put anything in it to stir yet.

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I didn't know where else to put this until more details emerge.

    A friend just told me his dad and several other family members are being deployed to the Persian Gulf on emergency reactivation due to covert attacks against Iran's nuclear facilities on the part of Israel.

    There is literally no news outlets reporting this, so I have no idea about the veracity of the claim, but I have no reason to distrust this friend.

    I read about a piece how Israel is in a "pre-war" time; war with Iran basically considered a sure thing to come soon just now.

    I wouldn't be surprised at a covert attack; the overt attack plan involved flying basically the entire israeli air force over there and losing about a third of it would be well within acceptable casualties

    ftOqU21.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    that's an amazing dream, el

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • Nova_CNova_C Sniff Sniff Snorf Beyond The WallRegistered User regular
    I haven't remembered a dream upon waking up in a long time.

    I used to dream whenever I'd eat too much before bed. I don't do that anymore, so I don't dream so vividly.

    My blog: www.jonathanirons.net
    My Twitter: @IronsJonathan
    Be advised, I'm not the best at keeping either updated. >.>
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    This is super terrible news

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    we were playing splitscreen which was p. unrealistic

    Per3th.jpg
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    What I worry about is some asshole not affiliated with Iran or Israel (independent terrorist, agent of some other nation state, or whatever) taking it upon himself to blow up something crucial that incites escalating violence.

    eokNV.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    If Israel just kicks off WW3

    I'm gonna be pretty pissed

    MAYBE IRAN SHOULDN'T BE MAKING NUKES WHILE DENYING THE HOLOCAUST, TIMOTHY

    Iran's government making nukes and denying the holocaust doesn't affect me.

    My country taking a detour from un-fucking its economy to go stick its hardon back into the wasp's nest that is the Middle East does.

    IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

    WW3 affects you more

    not that I really see that happening

    but Israel starting a war there would be bad

    although I wonder how an Israel-Iran war would go, if the US stayed out of it

    I don't know of any other wars beetween countries that are close yet separated

    ftOqU21.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    This is super terrible news

    ...yeah >.>

  • EchoEcho staring is caring Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    TL DR wrote:
    What I worry about is some asshole not affiliated with Iran or Israel (independent terrorist, agent of some other nation state, or whatever) taking it upon himself to blow up something crucial that incites escalating violence.

    Goddamn un-unionized terrorists.

    Echo on
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    If Israel just kicks off WW3

    I'm gonna be pretty pissed

    MAYBE IRAN SHOULDN'T BE MAKING NUKES WHILE DENYING THE HOLOCAUST, TIMOTHY

    Iran's government making nukes and denying the holocaust doesn't affect me.

    My country taking a detour from un-fucking its economy to go stick its hardon back into the wasp's nest that is the Middle East does.

    IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

    WW3 affects you more

    not that I really see that happening

    but Israel starting a war there would be bad

    although I wonder how an Israel-Iran war would go, if the US stayed out of it

    I don't know of any other wars beetween countries that are close yet separated

    This would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

    eokNV.jpg
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    still though, a little MAD would be way better than them having a war. Let those two stupid governments bicker.

    ftOqU21.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    jakobagger wrote:
    I've read from various sources that Iran, despite it's crazy rhetoric and retarded domestic policies tends to pursue a fairly realist foreign policy.

    They've got enough trouble keeping their own country together, you can discard a lot of "america=devil" as attempts to create a common enemy for everyone to rally against. Although airing a Republican debate is probably a lot more effective than having Potato yell at stuff for an hour.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    My dreams were pretty awesome

    Shame I can't remember them

  • Nova_CNova_C Sniff Sniff Snorf Beyond The WallRegistered User regular
    With the mad hardon so many people have over here for Zionism, there is no way the US would not go whole hog if Israel invaded Iran. Hell, Israeli soldiers could start raping and pillaging and these zealots would still unquestioningly support the state of Israel as some kind of victim.

    My blog: www.jonathanirons.net
    My Twitter: @IronsJonathan
    Be advised, I'm not the best at keeping either updated. >.>
  • descdesc raised on the battlefield born as a suffererRegistered User regular
    The idea of someone going to war with Iran is really disheartening. Going to ineffectual anti-war protests against Afghanistan and Iraq and then watching the broader culture gear up to passively support dumb wars while my own government steamed on ahead into war leaves me feeling very pessimistic now as the conjecture goes on that this is somehow inevitable.

    If Israel goes after Iran, I wonder what America would really even do.

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    If Israel just kicks off WW3

    I'm gonna be pretty pissed

    MAYBE IRAN SHOULDN'T BE MAKING NUKES WHILE DENYING THE HOLOCAUST, TIMOTHY

    Iran's government making nukes and denying the holocaust doesn't affect me.

    My country taking a detour from un-fucking its economy to go stick its hardon back into the wasp's nest that is the Middle East does.

    IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

    WW3 affects you more

    not that I really see that happening

    but Israel starting a war there would be bad

    although I wonder how an Israel-Iran war would go, if the US stayed out of it

    I don't know of any other wars beetween countries that are close yet separated

    This would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

    if Israel starts the war, the US government might be pissed enough to stay out of it.

    ftOqU21.png
  • descdesc raised on the battlefield born as a suffererRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I woke up this morning feeling bitchy and guilty, like I had done something wrong and felt embarrassed and terrible about it. I couldn't remember what, though, and it was annoying. Had I gotten into it with someone last night? I didn't think so. Had I had a bad dream? I felt sure that was it, but I couldn't remember what. I almost never remember my dreams.

    But finally in the shower it came back to me. I'd dreamt that I was in a classroom being taught by the President, and he'd caught me passing a note in class and had bitched me out in front of everyone.

    Thanks a lot Obama

  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    desc wrote:
    The idea of someone going to war with Iran is really disheartening. Going to ineffectual anti-war protests against Afghanistan and Iraq and then watching the broader culture gear up to passively support dumb wars while my own government steamed on ahead into war leaves me feeling very pessimistic now as the conjecture goes on that this is somehow inevitable.

    If Israel goes after Iran, I wonder what America would really even do.
    It's election season, America will bomb the fuck out of Iran while candidates attempt to claim this is their doing.

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    If Israel just kicks off WW3

    I'm gonna be pretty pissed

    MAYBE IRAN SHOULDN'T BE MAKING NUKES WHILE DENYING THE HOLOCAUST, TIMOTHY

    Iran's government making nukes and denying the holocaust doesn't affect me.

    My country taking a detour from un-fucking its economy to go stick its hardon back into the wasp's nest that is the Middle East does.

    IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

    WW3 affects you more

    not that I really see that happening

    but Israel starting a war there would be bad

    although I wonder how an Israel-Iran war would go, if the US stayed out of it

    I don't know of any other wars beetween countries that are close yet separated

    This would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

    if Israel starts the war, the US government might be pissed enough to stay out of it.

    Well we're already in it, seeing as our foreign aid is propping up Israel politically and militarily, and our government's rhetoric has pretty much set the stage for any coming conflict.

    eokNV.jpg
  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    man, i'm glad i'm not super hung over. that was a ton of wine. i usually make to drink some water but i didn't bother to last night.

    gusinrepose.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    If Israel just kicks off WW3

    I'm gonna be pretty pissed

    MAYBE IRAN SHOULDN'T BE MAKING NUKES WHILE DENYING THE HOLOCAUST, TIMOTHY

    Iran's government making nukes and denying the holocaust doesn't affect me.

    My country taking a detour from un-fucking its economy to go stick its hardon back into the wasp's nest that is the Middle East does.

    IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

    WW3 affects you more

    not that I really see that happening

    but Israel starting a war there would be bad

    although I wonder how an Israel-Iran war would go, if the US stayed out of it

    I don't know of any other wars beetween countries that are close yet separated

    This would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

    if Israel starts the war, the US government might be pissed enough to stay out of it.

    That's a maybe, but also include that it's election year (great time to look tough, terrible time to lose moderate conservatives by not protecting Israel) and that it's pretty likely that any war will start with a false-flag operation...

  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Stirred my tea for two minutes before remembering I hadn't put anything in it to stir yet.

    I spent 4-5 minutes staring blankly at loose unflavoured black leaf tea at the supermarket. I think I must have looked like I was on something, especially if the observer knew that there were only 4 different types, all budget range, all within about 2% of each other's price/size range

    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    TL DR wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    If Israel just kicks off WW3

    I'm gonna be pretty pissed

    MAYBE IRAN SHOULDN'T BE MAKING NUKES WHILE DENYING THE HOLOCAUST, TIMOTHY

    Iran's government making nukes and denying the holocaust doesn't affect me.

    My country taking a detour from un-fucking its economy to go stick its hardon back into the wasp's nest that is the Middle East does.

    IT AFFECTS ME, JERK

    WW3 affects you more

    not that I really see that happening

    but Israel starting a war there would be bad

    although I wonder how an Israel-Iran war would go, if the US stayed out of it

    I don't know of any other wars beetween countries that are close yet separated

    This would be hilarious if it wasn't so depressing.

    if Israel starts the war, the US government might be pissed enough to stay out of it.

    Well we're already in it, seeing as our foreign aid is propping up Israel politically and militarily, and our government's rhetoric has pretty much set the stage for any coming conflict.[/quote]

    You haven't been unconditionally supporting Israel.

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • jakobaggerjakobagger KøbenhavnRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    jakobagger wrote:
    I've read from various sources that Iran, despite it's crazy rhetoric and retarded domestic policies tends to pursue a fairly realist foreign policy.

    They've got enough trouble keeping their own country together, you can discard a lot of "america=devil" as attempts to create a common enemy for everyone to rally against. Although airing a Republican debate is probably a lot more effective than having Potato yell at stuff for an hour.

    Yeah exactly. Also, I like that you're calling him Potato, and that I got the reference.

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    but it's a maybe

    just saying that it's not a 100% that the US will join

    depends on what happens

    ftOqU21.png
  • descdesc raised on the battlefield born as a suffererRegistered User regular
    I had a dream a few days ago that i was walking around a city which was completely empty. I went from "this is not how things are" and instead of realizing it was a dream, somehow I became convinced that I had died.

    I started losing my shit, 1. Because I had nothing in place to deal with the idea that there is an afterlife 2. If assorted religions are correct about eternal afterlives then I was going to spend the rest oftime alone.

    I remember this increasingly desperate desire to get back to warmth and humans (no sense of temperature in dreams for me) until I finally woke up all teary and confused.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I swear to god, Poseidon hates me.

    steam_sig.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    Damn dEUS makes weird-ass clips


    jakobagger wrote:
    Also, I like that you're calling him Potato, and that I got the reference.
    It's such a great nickname. :)

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • ShivahnShivahn Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    but it's a maybe

    just saying that it's not a 100% that the US will join

    depends on what happens

    I really hope we wouldn't. We have like, zero amounts of good will left over from being douches with respect to Iraq, I don't like the idea of proving to the world again that we will invade people for trying to defend themselves.

This discussion has been closed.