As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Put all ME3 discussion in spoiler tags. ALL OF IT.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I brainwashed them, but I'd kill them if I ever played it again

kill all geth

Who would want to live on a Playstation 3 save file anyway.

jack shepard begs for death

You know this reminds me. I'm very curious how many custom shepards there are out there named Jack, James or say Ashley (I'm guessing they just reloaded) and if it bothers them at all that they have a squadmate with the same name.. I'm guessing it's not a big deal since you are called Shepard all the time. But still crossed my mind the other night, since I figured there were probably a few James Shepards...

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    regarding the geth, as cool as they are, I'd rather have them on the front lines than biological races

if that's racism, so be it

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    it's not like it's particularly difficult to make more geth

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    also if the geth have got a wireless signal they don't die at all

just lose some hardware

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Not if you blow up their hardware cores which seem to mounted in large ships and starbases.

Though since all are 'Geth' it just lowers their joint processing until they can replace lost units I assume.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2012

kill all geth

it's the same programming error that makes them worship the reapers

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »

kill all geth

You know this reminds me. I'm very curious how many custom shepards there are out there named Jack, James or say Ashley (I'm guessing they just reloaded) and if it bothers them at all that they have a squadmate with the same name.. I'm guessing it's not a big deal since you are called Shepard all the time. But still crossed my mind the other night, since I figured there were probably a few James Shepards...

let's just say jack shepard never did a certain loyalty mission and was very disappointed someone happened to make it off the collector base

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I
    Killed the heretic Geth, which after reading all the codex entries didn't really come across as a very significant portion of geth platforms or ships, and then pushed for peace between the Quarians and Geth. Then Tali came to my room.

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    jack's loyalty mission is pretty cool, BB, you missed out

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the number of jack shepards is probably similar to the number of lost fans

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    planning on doing it before I start me3

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I think my Shepard was an Adrian

A distant relative of the protagonist in Half-Life: Opposing Force, where the spelling has shifted slightly

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    jack's loyalty mission is pretty cool, BB, you missed out

It's great because afterwards you can be all "Man get over yourself" and she actually does.

Interestingly Jack doesn't seem to have a line of dialogue for what you did with the base at the end of ME2? Or maybe I just missed it because I forgot to talk to her after her mission, haha.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I
    Killed the heretic Geth, which after reading all the codex entries didn't really come across as a very significant portion of geth platforms or ships, and then pushed for peace between the Quarians and Geth. Then Tali came to my room.

I will go either way on
    reprogramming or blowing up the Heretics. Either seems like a reasonable decision... which I guess is the way Legion sees it too

but I always
    tell the Quarians what Tali's father was up to and that they'd be idiots to attack the Geth.

dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    ICEFIR3ICEFIR3 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I seem to have lost my ME 1 and 2 saves.

I am sad now.

Ya I don't have mine anymore either... guess I'll have to play em through again XD

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    My Shepard was a Rob

Some of you may know why

• Options
    Duke PhillipsDuke Phillips Registered User regular
    Is it because that's the only way he'll be alive right now?
    Zing!

PSN/Origin: Grizz359
    Steam: Grizz
    3DS: 4038-6012-7259
    T4CT wrote: »
    everyone deserves space vaginas for christmas
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I blew up the heretics because I am not convinced indoctrination can just be overwritten.

By every standard measure it should work, but Reapers are just too Lovecraftian for it to feel like a safe decision.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Zing!

I... don't get this reference?

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Zing!

He was probably thinking of Bob.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »

kill all geth

My main one is Kelly Shepard, so, yeah.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Guys, put the discussion about the ending to Legion's loyalty in spoilers. I know most everyone has played it...but still. Label em and spoiler em!

Legion Loyalty:
    It's a virus. It's basically like brainwashing. Legion says that it will 'correct' a faulty logic equation that led them to follow the reapers. It is straight up unethical by his standards, which is why he is split between killing them and using the virus. He's split half and half, seeing that on the one hand, they'd be dead, on the other hand, they might as well be dead.

He says sure, we are correcting their thinking with a virus, but we are changing fundamentally who they are.

But hey, those dick ass fuckers were gonna use it against Legion and his bros, so fuck those heretics. BRAIN WASH THEM PUT EM ON THE FRONT LINES
    I don't really see it like that. Legion calls it a virus in that it's data that is forcibly uploaded to the Heretics' systems.

If there was a cult that focused on the Sun revolving around the Earth, and you forced them to watch a lecture/video which empirically proved that was false, would you be brain washing them? The heretics are based on the idea that the Reapers want to help them. It isn't a difference of opinion, as this is in fact a complete lie on the part of the Reapers. If you introduce data that shows this to be false, is that brainwashing? I don't think it is.

The virus part makes it seem like a negative act, and if you used the same argument with organic characters, I would say it would be wrong. But that's because there are other ways to achieve the same end with organics, while there isn't with AI.

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Zing!

He was probably thinking of Bob.

I...I was. Dang.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    My Shepard was Commander

I don't have time for petty things like names, there's a galaxy to save

my new ME2 Shepard is Girl

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Guys, put the discussion about the ending to Legion's loyalty in spoilers. I know most everyone has played it...but still. Label em and spoiler em!

Legion Loyalty:
    It's a virus. It's basically like brainwashing. Legion says that it will 'correct' a faulty logic equation that led them to follow the reapers. It is straight up unethical by his standards, which is why he is split between killing them and using the virus. He's split half and half, seeing that on the one hand, they'd be dead, on the other hand, they might as well be dead.

He says sure, we are correcting their thinking with a virus, but we are changing fundamentally who they are.

But hey, those dick ass fuckers were gonna use it against Legion and his bros, so fuck those heretics. BRAIN WASH THEM PUT EM ON THE FRONT LINES
    I don't really see it like that. Legion calls it a virus in that it's data that is forcibly uploaded to the Heretics' systems.

If there was a cult that focused on the Sun revolving around the Earth, and you forced them to watch a lecture/video which empirically proved that was false, would you be brain washing them? The heretics are based on the idea that the Reapers want to help them. It isn't a difference of opinion, as this is in fact a complete lie on the part of the Reapers. If you introduce data that shows this to be false, is that brainwashing? I don't think it is.

The virus part makes it seem like a negative act, and if you used the same argument with organic characters, I would say it would be wrong. But that's because there are other ways to achieve the same end with organics, while there isn't with AI.
    I think you're remembering wrong, the virus changes the values of some core processes so higher functions will function a little differently. It is more akin to altering someones memories or even their biochemistry to make them more sympathetic to an argument.

• Options
    I've always rolled with the default male Shep. I've always meant to do a fem Shep play through but haven't got around to doing it. I think I'll start a full fem Shep ME1-3 run once I complete my main play through.

I've sort of forced my fiancé to start an ME run and she's doing fem Shep but she's playing it wrong. She refuses to investigate anything or talk to anyone that isn't absolutely necessary or check out any new stuff because she knows it annoys me.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »

A distant relative of the protagonist in Half-Life: Opposing Force, where the spelling has shifted slightly
    I did the same for my (first) Vangod run.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Walked into a Gamestop looking for an 800 MS point card to buy (which they apparently don't sell) so I could buy the Day 1 DLC. Instead, they are apparently selling it stand alone.

Bought it to go along with my standard copy of ME3. Now I can stop worrying about all this stuff and just wait for the release day to finally get here.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Did Mori upload the second part of his LP yet?

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Seriously wrote: »
    I blew up the heretics because I am not convinced indoctrination can just be overwritten.

By every standard measure it should work, but Reapers are just too Lovecraftian for it to feel like a safe decision.
    The heretic geth aren't indoctrinated. They made a deal with the reapers, who offered them "a future" as Legion describes it. The geth majority were not interested in such a deal, preferring to remain independent and not rely on borrowed technology. Legion references Sovereign's comment of "By using it [mass relay technology] your society develops along the paths we desire." as justification for the geth wanting to follow their own plans.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    It seems like good policy to assume anything they touch is tainted, even if it isn't explicitly said

they're remarkably good at turning things

I'm kinda waiting for Shepard to start hearing whispers

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I was wondering that, myself. Shepard's been around a fair bit of reaper tech.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    It seems like good policy to assume anything they touch is tainted, even if it isn't explicitly said

they're remarkably good at turning things

I'm kinda waiting for Shepard to start hearing whispers

It kind of seems like willpower plays into things, seeing as Saren has the potential to defy Sovereign (if even for a moment) and he has to been fucked up to high hell.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    how great would it be

if there was a salarian voiced by Jeff Goldblum

Brought back so I could put in my two cents.
    Sorce wrote: »
    Edcrab wrote: »

I did the same for my (first) Vangod run.

My infiltrator was an Adrian too, although my lore is that he was actually the character from Opposing Force and the G-Man sent him way forward in time.

My ideal ME3 ending
    involves a freeze-frame of Shepard and Anderson high-fiving while the 'Day Bow Bow' song plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyBVSAU7SPw

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    i finally played thru the shadow broker dlc today

holy moley

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    guys I just finished Asura's Wrath

I feel like I should be angry at myself for spending sixty dollars on a six hour game that is 90% QTEs that don't actually do anything but improve your end-of-mission score

but I'm not

not at all

because I have lost count of how many chumpos I got to watch get punched in the face in slow motion

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I bought that this morning and once ME2 is reinstalled I guess I'm off on a voyage of Shadowbrokery

Despite having the whole thing spoiled, but nuts to that

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    guys I just finished Asura's Wrath

I feel like I should be angry at myself for spending sixty dollars on a six hour game that is 90% QTEs that don't actually do anything but improve your end-of-mission score

but I'm not

not at all

because I have lost count of how many chumpos I got to watch get punched in the face in slow motion

Sounds like Vanguard: The Anime: The Game

I'll have to try it.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    there's a demo that has two chapters in it that are basically fantastic

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was excited for Asura's Wrath but that review makes me think I'll grab it from Redbox instead of buy it, probably

This discussion has been closed.