As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Got Sakura Samurai. Holy crap this game is unforgiving.

And a bit tedious, too, I found. Back and forth to the village after battles... I guess if you're really good, you won't need to as much.
    RockinX wrote: »
    Is anyone actually going to buy Pokédex 3D Pro? You can get all the information you want on Bulbapedia... Minus the AR stuff, but I'm not willing to pay 10 dollars for being able to do that.
    I introduced a friend to Super Mario Land 2 last night. Dude loved it.

Now I'm a bit jealous because I have no unplayed classic Mario games to discover.

Seeing these two in sequence got me wishing for a Super Mariodex...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I introduced a friend to Super Mario Land 2 last night. Dude loved it.

Now I'm a bit jealous because I have no unplayed classic Mario games to discover.
    There's Super Marios Bros. Special, Mario Bros. Special, Mario Bros. Punchy Ball for the PC8800. I'd link to a site containing info about them, but they gave themselves the liberty to host rom images of the games since they can't be found outside of Japan and I think they're also rare.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I got very confused for a moment when I discovered that there are THREE games that WayForward did that start with the word "Mighty" and that Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Switch Force are two different games. Now if only they weren't way pricey.

I really like that the shop has a Wish List function. It's essentially a bookmark that keeps you from having to wade through the terrible search interface.

• Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    Finished the NSMB2 puzzle!

A1RLmNeCYAAku3H.jpg

Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Ferquin wrote: »
    Finished the NSMB2 puzzle!

A1RLmNeCYAAku3H.jpg

ARRGGHH!! I haven't even gotten the last pink pieces I need for Kirby yet, let alone very many (and no pink) pieces to NSMB2.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Pink pieces are pure evil

I don't know how you're intended to find ppl who have them when there are extremely few chances to get them.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I don't know how you're intended to find ppl who have them when there are extremely few chances to get them.

One option is to work in an office with a bunch of nerds. Three of my co-workers have EVERY PIECE. For EVERYTHING.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I always fill up my puzzles at conventions.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    That must be my problem, I have no nerds near me and I don't go to conventions...

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

One option is to work in an office with a bunch of nerds. Three of my co-workers have EVERY PIECE. For EVERYTHING.

There is one person in the office who has a 3DS but I don't know who so streetpasses are spotty (this thing needs a way larger range on it). Other than that, they are super rare. Only reason I have most of the original puzzles is I went to Blizzcon last year. But the new stuff wasn't out by then :(

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Goin' to PAX.

Fillin' up them puzzles.

• Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    Just downloaded Order Up this morning. It's really very fun. I'm surprised at how fun it is. It's a great way to kill time while I lose my frustration over the Xemnas fight in Kingdom Hearts. I just impressed the food critic for the first time, but I don't want to buy the next restaurant until the Gravy Chugger is the best it can be.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Order Up is one of the most under-the-radar games out there. The Wii version was fan-fucking-tastic and the 3DS version falls right in line. In fact, it may be better due to the reduced price and portable nature. I'd highly recommend everyone to at least download the demo and give it a try.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    The art style, name, everything about it screamed horrible shovelware. But I tried the demo and I was actually very impressed. Good animation, clean. Once I realized that oh, I'm supposed to be working on multiple orders at once like in a real restaurant things started getting interesting and even taxing. I don't think I'll buy it but it is more fun than you might think.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    The art style, name, everything about it screamed horrible shovelware. But I tried the demo and I was actually very impressed. Good animation, clean. Once I realized that oh, I'm supposed to be working on multiple orders at once like in a real restaurant things started getting interesting and even taxing. I don't think I'll buy it but it is more fun than you might think.

You gotta remember though, the demo is basically nothing but the in-game tutorial. It doesn't show stuff like the use of spices, the buying of new recipes and restaurants, minigames like making sure your hired help stays awake, cleaning dishes and getting rid of rats so the health inspector doesn't shut you down, impressing the food critic, etc. There's so much more to this game than the demo.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    RE: Puzzles, I have been in Japan this summer and it is so clear that they were designed with a more condensed nation in mind. Streetpasses everywhere in the cities. I was waiting for a friend in Akihabara one day and just kept running through my Mii Plaza, over the thirty minutes I think I only had one or two groups of people that weren't a full 10. Though finishing the puzzles so rapidly is a little less fun, not stressing about ever finding the pink pieces is really nice.

Also: they have a special puzzle from McDonalds that is just a 3D picture of a Big Mac. Japanese 3DS's only, unfortunately, so I can't get it. Curse you, region locking!

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUUx-CR_QYE

Gotta say that this new eShop game from Game Freak looks pretty cool. Hopefully it'll come out west soon.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    It's kind of like Rhythm Thief except with Pokemon music.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    or a more complicated bit trip runner.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    How full of content is Order Up? I love this kind of game and would gladly pay the price if it's packed with stuff.

• Options
    EvilRedEyeEvilRedEye Registered User regular
    I am secretly excited for the crosswords game, even though it's not been announced for Europe yet.

Gone.
  • Options
    From all the reviews I've read on Order Up!!, the game has quite a bit of content and is certainly worth the $10 asking price. There are 5 restaurants to work in (a sixth if you include the fast food training level) and each requires different skills to handle the unique menu. The game is all about time management but isn't overbearingly difficult. For a real challenge, you can go back to your old restaurants that have a 5-star rating, and deal with the insane number of customers stopping by because of your past success.

Although I haven't bought it yet (poor college student), a friend of mine swears by the Wii version and will be buying this game the moment he picks up his 3DSXL this weekend.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    It's kind of like Rhythm Thief except with Pokemon music.
    Heck yeah!

It's like having a sundae, but instead of ice cream, chocolate sauce, nuts, and a cherry on top the sundae is made of solid gold, sprinkled with diamonds, and topped with a fat wad of cash!

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So guess what? La Mulana is releasing courtesy of a different company on Sept 20th.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/F7TrLts9e6-cHuIxvrHjZiYK6kk-TxCs

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Can't believe I forgot to post this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyClytLMCxk

Fractured Soul comes to eShop September 13
    Developer Endgame Studios has informed Joystiq that its eShop action game Fractured Soul will be released in North America on September 13, at an $11.99 price point. Fractured Soul is a sci-fi action game that has players jumping back and forth between two slightly different parallel worlds, one on each screen of the 3DS. This mechanic is used as the basis for insane challenges. For more information, check out our preview from earlier this year.

The $12 price is "less than half of the retail price" decided upon when Fractured Soul was still a packaged release, Endgame managing director Grant Davies told me. The price, which is higher than many eShop releases, is such "for us not to end up completely broke."

Davies is happy about Nintendo's new program of rolling out digital versions of retail games simultaneously. "The more quality products you can find in the eShop the better," he said. "Gamers need to be confident that when they go to the eShop, they're getting a quality offering. That's one of the problems that something like the App Store has." With things like New Super Mario Bros. 2 on the service, people will be "more willing to engage with eShop and check out what's on there."

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So guess what? La Mulana is releasing courtesy of a different company on Sept 20th.

What was Nicalis' problem with getting this out? Do they only have one computer everyone has to share?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

agoaj wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

What was Nicalis' problem with getting this out? Do they only have one computer everyone has to share?

Yea, with the huge Cave Story delay, the Nightsky debacle, and now La Mulana releasing practically the moment Nicalis let them go, I think it is obvious where the problem lies.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    My friend has a Japnese 3DS and I am popping in to confirm that the HarmoKnight demo alone is REALLY fun (they even threw the Pokemon song in). Satisfying gameplay, which strikes a very nice balance between easy-to-complete and hard-to-master. I am rabidly awaiting its Western release. From what I have seen localization shouldn't take TOO long (a lot of stuff is in English already, including the narrator in the intro who seems to be British)...but you never know. The 3D effect is really nice, too.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Yeah, they really need to change the Street Pass system for other countries. As it is now it's just a bunch of stuff we'll never be able to do.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Yeah, they really need to change the Street Pass system for other countries. As it is now it's just a bunch of stuff we'll never be able to do.

I agree that Street Pass is relatively useless if you live in a remote area of the US (or any country for that matter). No point in reworking the system though. The only thing you're really missing out on is puzzle pieces and Find Mii heroes which aren't necessary by any means. Well, I guess there is the little add-on stuff that some games support such as Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil: Revelations, and Kid Icarus. Again, they don't add much to the game, but it does suck knowing you don't have much access to them.

I'm fortunate to go to an art school with a game design major so I've been street passing like crazy since release. I'll be moving to Seattle in a month so the street passes should keep on coming....especially with PAX nearby. :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Who was waiting for it? Apparently the Theatrhythm Final Fantasy demo is actually coming to the NA eShop.

Like now or at least today.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    eShop releases for 8/30. Still no sales.

Games

SpeedX 3D
    Platform: 3DS
    Price: $3.99

SpeedX 3D for Nintendo 3DS is a stunning tunnel racer that tests a player's skill and transports him or her into a trance filled with great electronic music and hypnotic graphics SpeedX 3D offers four game modes introducing the player to more and more challenging places at a speed that increases with every second. The question is: how far can the player go without losing concentration? Four game modes - Stages, Endless, Survival, and Zones - will test even the most experienced players. Speed beyond the limits - first-person view and 3D effects immerse the player in the game world and deliver brand new emotions. Start small - a perfect learning curve will hook new players and hold the attention of even the most proficient.

Toki Tori

Get cracking on an egg-cellent adventure. He may be a small, yellow chicken, but Toki Tori is no coward. He's the hero of this egg-cellent puzzle platformer. He must rescue all of his kidnapped brothers and sisters, who are still in their fragile eggs. In this Game Boy™ Color classic from 2001, you must keep Toki Tori safe by avoiding monsters and traps while working out how to collect all the eggs in each level before time runs out. Luckily, there are lots of items to aid Toki Tori's mission.

Africa Unleashed 3D

Head into the deepest reaches of Africa, armed with your wits, your skills, and an array of high-powered weapons and accessories! Experience action arcade hunting excitement like never before as you explore 35 challenging missions across a variety of terrain. Match the right weapon to the situation to maximize your score, as you hunt over 15 different big game animals and birds. Pull off amazing long shots, zoom in for spectacular head shots, and take down dangerous predators before they attack! Earn achievements, purchase new weapons, and aim for the best score as you fight your way through the safari!

Escape the Virus: Shoot'em Up
    Platform: DSi / 3DS
    Price: 200 Points / $1.99

The battle for micro-world domination is not over yet! Escape the Virus, an action puzzle series, is back with totally new game-play modes. In the Shooter mode the prey is now the predator. You will chase down and shoot hordes of vicious viruses. It's time to take the medicine! In the Territory mode you will protect certain zones and prevent enemies from getting too close to them. Accumulate enough energy and the zone will disappear giving you more time to smash enemies. Never stop running and dodging to avoid hostile attacks. Use all bonus items, power-ups and ammo and don't let the enemies surpass you. Get into the ultimate DNA warfare and kick viruses out of the micro-world once and for all!

Demos

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Tap and slide to the rhythm of over 70 tracks from the FINAL FANTASY series while joining forces with iconic characters and facing off against memorable monsters and villains. Unlock unique items and deeper challenges in three exciting game modes, as you help restore the Music Crystal to its former radiance! Enhance your game play experience even more by downloading additional songs from your favorite FINAL FANTASY titles.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I agree that Street Pass is relatively useless if you live in a remote area of the US (or any country for that matter). No point in reworking the system though. The only thing you're really missing out on is puzzle pieces and Find Mii heroes which aren't necessary by any means. Well, I guess there is the little add-on stuff that some games support such as Mario 3D Land, Resident Evil: Revelations, and Kid Icarus. Again, they don't add much to the game, but it does suck knowing you don't have much access to them.

I'm fortunate to go to an art school with a game design major so I've been street passing like crazy since release. I'll be moving to Seattle in a month so the street passes should keep on coming....especially with PAX nearby. :D

1. You wanna hang out, bro?

2. I've been in Seattle for years now, I work downtown, at a tech company, and I've received maybe a dozen random streetpasses, if that, in the time I've owned my 3DS. Really looking forward to filling the puzzles out over the next few days at PAX.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

The entire 3DS system and games "aren't necessary by any means". All they have to do is let us do more with those stupid coins and everything would be fine.

And I live in my state's capital, not a remote area at all and I know I'll never get a street pass.

• Options
    The only solution to the puzzle system would be to make it online, which means anyone with a good network of friends would complete the puzzle in ten seconds of it being released.

A fair solution would be to make Pink pieces purchasable for 70 coins.

• Options
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Wow, took them long enough to put Theatrhythm up.

Also I would be in favor of alternate (but difficult) ways of earning pink puzzle pieces. It's just ridiculous to assume you'll absolutely run into a group of people who collectively have every pink piece.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    The whole point of the coins and StreetPass is to incentivize taking the 3DS with you on your daily work schedule/route. I hope it never changes, because anything else can be rolled into SpotPass or games themselves.

Though at times it feels like the Engineers at Nintendo who design all of these features miss the forest for the trees. What good is a currency if there's nothing to spend it on long-term? I.E. Just create a MiiShop already to buy cool Nintendo-themed accessories with your saved up coins.

Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    V Faction wrote: »
    The whole point of the coins and StreetPass is to incentivize taking the 3DS with you on your daily work schedule/route. I hope it never changes, because anything else can be rolled into SpotPass or games themselves.

Though at times it feels like the Engineers at Nintendo who design all of these features miss the forest for the trees. What good is a currency if there's nothing to spend it on long-term? I.E. Just create a MiiShop already to buy cool Nintendo-themed accessories with your saved up coins.

Well, there are some games that do allow you to spend on in-game items (like DOA and Street Fighter 4).

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Plus getting all the hats involves multiple level 7's of all different colors or the expense of hiring thousands of people. Plus they've been updating it every half year or so.

This discussion has been closed.