As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] Just give the World Series to the Spurs as well

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Hey Hjor, the Angels are coming up to Minnesota tomorrow. Weaver/Haren/Loltana will be pitching, so things won't be getting easier.

Well, Wednesday they'll be easier, but those first two games will be hard.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    The long national nightmare is over. After an off-day yesterday (his first of the year why was he not given one earlier god dammit Scioscia), Albert Pujols hits a home run.

Hutchison serving up a meatball over the plate after he struck out pujols with a pitch a foot off the plate the previous at bat was just baffling.

I really don't think this home run will be the fix all for poo. He has looked horrible this series.

Like called up from double a to face Roy halladay horrible.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Hey Hjor, the Angels are coming up to Minnesota tomorrow. Weaver/Haren/Loltana will be pitching, so things won't be getting easier.

Well, Wednesday they'll be easier, but those first two games will be hard.

I'll guess maybe 4 runs will be scored by the Twins in that series

total

Hjorvarthr on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Woo Mariners?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    So Harper just stole home.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ok so...1 run from Jayson Werth and I win 12-0 this week.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    first overall win of the season

feels good mang

• Options
    I think the same for me as well

I'll take it

• Options
    edited May 2012
    dont think i've ever seen a forearm do what Jason Worth's forearm just did

ow.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2012
    Jasconius wrote: »

ow.

Is he out now?

Yup. I see Xavier Nady is in now. So much for the 12-0 win. Oh well...I guess I'll accept winning 11-0 this week.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

ow.

Is he out now?

Yup. I see Xavier Nady is in now. So much for the 12-0 win. Oh well...I guess I'll accept winning 11-0 this week.

How terrible for you.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »

ow.

Is he out now?

How terrible for you.

I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed. I was up 12-0 earlier and I really wanted the sweep.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

ow.

Is he out now?

How terrible for you.

I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed. I was up 12-0 earlier and I really wanted the sweep.

Not bad enough winning the fantasy baseball title last year and the fantasy football title. No, you have to do both those, get first place here, and sweep 12-0.

• Options

ow.

Is he out now?

How terrible for you.

Not bad enough winning the fantasy baseball title last year and the fantasy football title. No, you have to do both those, get first place here, and sweep 12-0.

I like winning. It's a lot more fun then losing.

• Options
    My team will come back to Earth soon enough. I'm enjoying the ride right now though.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    You should be counting your lucky stars you played th Borys this week!

• Options
    Oh hey my team did really good this week as well! Go us.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Angry wrote: »
    You should be counting your lucky stars you played th Borys this week!

It's all about timing, baby! Had a mediocre week against a bad team. Saving my big week for when I play you.

• Options
    That's fine, I'm saving a really bad week for then so I have lots of excuses.

• Options
    Matt Moore gave up 8 runs to the Athletics just to give them a false sense of security

NOTHING TO SEE HERE

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Cole Hamels told reporters he threw at Bryce Harper to "keep the old ways going."

Also, my offense fucking blew last week thanks to injuries.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Also, Jayson Werth has a broken wrist so Bryce Harper will likely be staying up when Zimmerman gets back.

Goose! on
  • Options
    I can't start Fister today because it takes a full day to drop someone to make room for him off the DL. awesome.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Yeah you gotta do the DL a day early, that was something I learned a few years back.

However, my DL pitcher is likely done with TJ surgery, so I just dropped him.

Goose! on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Angry wrote: »
    The long national nightmare is over. After an off-day yesterday (his first of the year why was he not given one earlier god dammit Scioscia), Albert Pujols hits a home run.

Hutchison serving up a meatball over the plate after he struck out pujols with a pitch a foot off the plate the previous at bat was just baffling.

I really don't think this home run will be the fix all for poo. He has looked horrible this series.

Like called up from double a to face Roy halladay horrible.

Yeah I don't think this is the real Pujols just yet but I supported St. Louis not indulging him with a quarter billion from the beginning and it looks now like their suspicions were well founded. He likely isn't this bad already but he's also never played this bad before. This might turn into one of the worst contract gambles in sports history.

If not the worst.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    I'm going to have to decide what to do with Jayson Werth. Last time he broke a wrist it was like 2 years before he was back to normal.

Think I might just drop him but he's been good for me.

It would be nice if Chris Young would come back any time now.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    I think the same for me as well

I'll take it

Congratulations

I hate you

• Options
    It's all because of Barry Zito

BECAUSE I BELIEVED

• Options
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    It's all because of Barry Zito

BECAUSE I BELIEVED

I was hoping for a tie at least. Watched the game last night until Pence hit the home run, said a big “fuck you” and went back to playing Metal Gear.

Maybe this week my top two draft picks will remember how to play baseball.

Should get Berkman and Zimmerman back from the dl this week too so I can finally put Aybar on unemployment.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    and went back to playing Metal Gear.

look we all take losses hard, but subjecting yourself to that kind of torture I think is going a little overboard

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Maximum wrote: »
    and went back to playing Metal Gear.

look we all take losses hard, but subjecting yourself to that kind of torture I think is going a little overboard

I've decided to play all five since I got the collection for Christmas. I'm only an hour or so into first PSone original and it's sooooo old looking.

I'll just give up when Max Payne 3 comes out anyway.

Maximum on
  • Options
    RAIJIN! YOUR DOMINATION COMES TO AN END THIS WEEK!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options

It will come to an end eventually but it won't be this week. Alejandro De Aza will be my MVP.

• Options
    I will be happy if Angry doesn't hit 20 home runs against me this week.

• Options

It will come to an end eventually but it won't be this week. Alejandro De Aza will be my MVP.

FUCK I FORGOT ABOUT THAT GUY. DISREGARD ALL STATEMENTS I HAVE MADE THUS FAR.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options

FUCK I FORGOT ABOUT THAT GUY. DISREGARD ALL STATEMENTS I HAVE MADE THUS FAR.

I've already got 3 runs, including 1 from De Aza.

You'll be winning tomorrow though since you've got Halladay pitching and I have nobody.

• Options
    Also my entire batting lineup is in late games. None of this 12:05 start time bullshit for us!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    I've just got the 2 early guys because they are in a double header against each other.

• Options
    I've just got the 2 early guys because they are in a double header against each other.

This sounds an awful lot like a euphemism for gay sex to me.

This discussion has been closed.