As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I wish to purchase a physical copy of a game.

citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizenI'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
edited February 2012 in Games and Technology
So yesterday was the release date for PokePark 2, for the Wii. My 7 year old son wants this and since it was recently his birthday I agreed to get it for him.

I decided to take my chances with Gamestop; we don't have one locally (closest is a ~45 minute drive) so I placed the order online.

I started to wonder why I hadn't gotten an email confirming the order was being processed, and found out this afternoon the game is not available online.

So with that in mind...I'm a PC gamer and usually buy my kid his Wii and DS games at WalMart, since that's all we have. The WalMart has no plans to stock the game as far as the associates know, and when I looked today after cancelling my order with Gamestop, I found that WM has removed the game from their website entirely.

So...now what?

This is where you fine folks come in. What online retailer is going to be my best bet here? I don't usually order games online so this is new and dangerous territory for me.

citizen059 on