As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GOP Primaries] WI, MD, DC 4/3. Sponsored by cheese, crab cakes, and murder, respectively.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    enc0re wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »
    Wait. Who should I be afraid of!!

Moderates. If elected nothing will stop them from implementing their extremist agenda.

Sane moderates or "the truth is always in the middle" moderates?

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Centrist and moderate are two different things IMO.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Moderates. If elected nothing will stop them from implementing their extremist agenda.

The truth of "the truth is always in the middle" is in the middle.

Taken as the median, that means the truth is "w", which obviously corresponds with the middle initial of our previous president, George W. Bush.

W knows the truth.

9/11 was an inside job.

• Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    Cute ad, it tries to hit both Obama and Romney in the same swipe, and leaves the false impression that it's all stuff Obama actually did. I was a little curious how they were spinning huge tax raises out of that "hypothetically, what IF all this happened? I mean, we're not saying it DID, but what IF. Wouldn't it suck?"

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Moderates are people who don't vote.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular

The latter are called South Park Republicans, not moderates.

No really.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ohman.

I was so ready to completely ignore that ad. and then, right at the end.

Fairly well done I say!

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    See, even in Obama's own videos he gets a pretty big anti-Obama sentiment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNQ1q-IWrk&feature=g-logo&context=G2e9883fFOAAAAAAAAAA

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Oh hey look, Dbrock just saw an anti-Obama sentiment where there is none.

I.

am.

shocked.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    Clearly you didn't read the youtube comments

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    by the way, how come everyone who uses public transportation is a libertarian

On a train ride down the coast this guy in the next seat was telling three people all about how Ron Paul was the only one you could trust, and on the plane the person behind me wouldn't stop harping on about the rothschild conspiracy and how reagan was a liberal

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Sticks wrote: »

Why would you ever?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options

Sadist.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    The total like/dislike votes mean that video is still fresh. Give it a day or three.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    That Obama video.

I have a complaint.

I do not like the choice of voice actor for the readover.

I don't know why, but the man sounds like a whiny, snivelly nosed liberal.

And that's not a pleasant thing.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    He sounds like a voiceover guy. You're being weird ahava.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    The total like/dislike votes mean that video is still fresh. Give it a day or three.

I haven't been paying to much attention to the likes. Are you suggesting that the Likes or Dislikes are going to skyrocket.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Steve Blum should do voice overs for these commercials. Or Kevin Conroy.

OR BOTH.

Spike and Batman telling America how it is.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

The truth of "the truth is always in the middle" is in the middle.

Taken as the median, that means the truth is "w", which obviously corresponds with the middle initial of our previous president, George W. Bush.

W knows the truth.

9/11 was an inside job.

:shock:

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Why would you ever?

The bottom half of the internet is terrible.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Cantido wrote: »

I haven't been paying to much attention to the likes. Are you suggesting that the Likes or Dislikes are going to skyrocket.

Both, but likes will skyrocket more.
    Steve Blum should do voice overs for these commercials. Or Kevin Conroy.

Y'know, these guys should be in more mainstream voice stuff like Ken Nordine.

Cantido on
  • Options
    He sounds like a voiceover guy. You're being weird ahava.

this is not an unusual occurrence.

But really. I was hoping for a stronger (read: deeper) voice, like the guy who does movie trailers or something.

The voiceover guy's voice is just not "Strong". It's kind of.. "middling"

But again, I'm weird.

• Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    You know what you like in your men. Nothing weird about that.

• Options
    it's not so much even that.

It's that I was kind of expecting that for an ad in favor of the president a commanding voice would be used.

Presence, gravitas that would echo through the internets and teevees and things.

One that would command attention and expect consent. Or something.

I've been reading too much fantasy fiction, I guess.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    O'Donnell is doing a bit on Mormons and the African Race.

I wish we had more of this in the election cycle.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

It's that I was kind of expecting that for an ad in favor of the president a commanding voice would be used.

Presence, gravitas that would echo through the internets and teevees and things.

Is there a reason you think liberals don't have commanding voices?

• Options

I should reword my thoughts on that.

I think Liberals do have commanding voices, or can. Nancy Pelosi is a commanding woman. Allan Grayson, for all of his faults, had a commanding voice. Bernie Sanders has a commanding voice.

The guy doing that voiceover has a not-so-commanding voice, bordering on whiny. And my brain for a moment did that scary switch over to where it likes to think of the reaction to the ephemera that might happen in a not-so-liberal head/house and heard a 'whiny liberal' defending the president and his record.

So it's not that I don't think that Liberal can be commanding, it's that the actor's voice sounded like what in my mind came across as a not-so-liberals stereotypical reaction to a 'whiny liberal'.

I'm really really bad at explaining how my brain works.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The voice reminds me of the trailer guy in South Park for the movies where he goes "derpy derpy der!"

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

I should reword my thoughts on that.

I think Liberals do have commanding voices, or can. Nancy Pelosi is a commanding woman. Allan Grayson, for all of his faults, had a commanding voice. Bernie Sanders has a commanding voice.

The guy doing that voiceover has a not-so-commanding voice, bordering on whiny. And my brain for a moment did that scary switch over to where it likes to think of the reaction to the ephemera that might happen in a not-so-liberal head/house and heard a 'whiny liberal' defending the president and his record.

So it's not that I don't think that Liberal can be commanding, it's that the actor's voice sounded like what in my mind came across as a not-so-liberals stereotypical reaction to a 'whiny liberal'.

I'm really really bad at explaining how my brain works.

Okay.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    She's right. "Whiny liberal" is a stereotype that a lot of folks actually subscribe to, so it's terrible casting to choose a voice that could play to that stereotype.

This isn't rocket science.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Wait, the bad guys in Shadow Complex were liberals, right? Get the boss from that game to do voiceovers. I wouldn't vote against a liberal Cobra Commander.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Have we mentioned that USA Today has the gender gap at 18 points generally and that women under 50 are now 2008 Latinos (2:1 for the President)? Because that's kind of a huge deal.

Gah, I have to remove points from how awesome this is due to the missed Biden quote opportunity.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Y3nUvRQ7s

After a strict reading of the rules, I believe this falls under the category of "Oh, Snap!"
    oh-snap-chart-.jpg

"Sure, I'll run as Romney's partner. AFTER I FUCKING DESTROYYYYYY HIM!"

• Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    I want Obama to somehow buy the rights to the Republicans' ads after they finish their primary, and then just run them over and over during the election cycle.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Shit that snake is really working hard on eating its tail

override367 on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    In all honesty, my first reaction from looking at the screen posted, I though it was an ad about female orgasms.

I was sadly disappointed.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Nope, sorry, the Romney lookalike playing paintball with mud is still the top ad this campaign.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    She does look like she's getting a certain pleasure in setting up the punch line though.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    She's right. "Whiny liberal" is a stereotype that a lot of folks actually subscribe to, so it's terrible casting to choose a voice that could play to that stereotype.

This isn't rocket science.

The voice doesn't sound whiny to me at all. Then again. I'm not conditioned by the 24h "news" cycle

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Wow, a woman in a pub ad.
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Wait, the bad guys in Shadow Complex were liberals, right? Get the boss from that game to do voiceovers. I wouldn't vote against a liberal Cobra Commander.

I wanted Nolan North to find out from his "girlfriend" that his dad was responsible for forcing him into attacking that base, and then join Liberal Cobra to kill him. His dad is a dick, forcing his son into a military career.

Cantido on