As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Stitch n' Bitch: Saturday 1:30

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in PAX Archive
Nerdy knitters, crotcheters, and other fibrous crafters!
Shall we get together to craft and chat? Last year we met up in the handheld lounge on Saturday afternoon. While, I didn't personally do much knitting (I can't keep count while talking :P), I enjoyed conversing and seeing everyone else's projects.

We're going to meet in tabletop on Saturday at 1:30.
I'll try to show up early to grab a table, so look for the girl with cookies, knitting a Ravneclaw scarf.

Crafters of all skill levels and types will be welcome. Even if you haven't started yet, maybe some nice PAXer will help teach you and get you started.

HI3789R.png
punzie on

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    I am interested in this. I am actually working on a few nerdy embroidery projects at the moment (for impending friend birthdays). The only thing is, I have no earthly idea when I'd be available to do it. I'm probably playing a D&D session on saturday afternoon (one of the few things my RL friends and I have planned already). Maybe Saturday morning would work better for me? I dunno, I'll keep quiet except to say that I'm interested, for now, and see what other people reply with. But hurrah for crafting!

(ps. my craftster.org ID is bethiej78)

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • verandiaverandia Mrs. ZeroHourHero Registered User new member
    I would definataly be game to meet up with fellow crafters. count me in!

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I want to try to do this this year. Last year I missed it. Can't even remember why now. :(

Ln5yLL7.png
  • donnanoblehasbeensaveddonnanoblehasbeensaved Falls Church, VARegistered User regular
    I had a great time last year! My Tom Bakerish scarf is still not done, though. I thought the handheld area was great, even if I did desperately want to take a nap on the pile of squishy things. I don't know if we want to wait until there's something schedule-ish up about sessions before we pick a time (although I wound up just blowing other stuff off last year to hang with you guys).

• gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    My mom and younger sister will be attending Saturday, and Mom is a knitting fiend. She's been looking forward to this since I mentioned it last year.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • the_stamythe_stamy Registered User regular
    I did this back in 2010 and had a blast, so I'm looking forward to it this year. I'd prefer early afternoon on Saturday but will make time whenever it is.

• FatherVenomFatherVenom Registered User regular
    I definitely want to make this. Caveat for handheld planning: Dave said in the past couple days that handheld wouldn't have a handle on their scheduling for 2-3 weeks yet and I assume we don't want to be tripping up any events in there (probably wouldn't be conducive to bitching during those anyway).

• CaveCibumCaveCibum Registered User regular
    I met so many lovely people at last year's crafters meetup, so count me in!

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Now that the schedule has been posted, does anyone have an idea of when they will likely be free to get together for this?

HI3789R.png
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    Now that the schedule has been posted, does anyone have an idea of when they will likely be free to get together for this?

Verandia said shes down for whenever, except for whenever the girls meetup is going on (She's at work, I texted and asked her)

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    My GF is an avid knitter and has a 3-day badge to PAX East. Since I work most of the convention, she's interested in joining up here. So, I'mma keep this thread updated for her.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • ChristineChristine Registered User new member
    Yes! We shall knit at PAX! My husband is on a panel at 10:30am Saturday (Harmonix). Can we meet at noon or later? I will look for a place to meet.

• donnanoblehasbeensaveddonnanoblehasbeensaved Falls Church, VARegistered User regular
    Maybe at 1:30-2:00ish on Saturday? That might give you guys time to grab lunch. I can bring my still woefully unfinished Tom Baker scarf, or whatever else I've got in the hopper! Also, always a big fan of sitting around chatting in the Sumo piles.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    i definitely want to try to do this, since i won't be able to make the girls meetup but many of the ladies attend this. i've been all about friendship bracelets recently, so maybe i'll work on some of those to share!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
    1:30 on Saturday could work. I was also eyeing 4pm on Saturday. Those look like good times if we do it in Handheld.
    The other option is to try to grab a couple tables in Tabletop. If we do it there, 3pm looks like a better time.

Last year, both were spacious areas, but this year the layout and spacing could be quite different. If space isn't an issue, I'd prefer tabletop (handy tables for holding stuff, don't have to get up off the floor, less likely to fall asleep while knitting, round tables ease group discussion).

But what do you all think??

HI3789R.png
  • FatherVenomFatherVenom Registered User regular
    I didn't mention it earlier when we were discussing, but I wouldn't want to count on the handheld lounge at all. The scheduling for their tourneys is both nebulous and leads me to believe that they will never end.

You know I was in tabletop almost all PAX last year and I can pretty much guarantee there will be adequate space if it's even close to similar to last year. Even in the Magic Tourney area there would have been enough space to fit this get together. The only issue is ambient noise. The acoustics in the hall they had tabletop last year were garbage. Add onto that only slightly diluted fanfare from both MtG tourneys and the expo hall & I was having issues hearing people from whom I was sitting across the table, but then my hearing is pretty shady.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I didn't mention it earlier when we were discussing, but I wouldn't want to count on the handheld lounge at all. The scheduling for their tourneys is both nebulous and leads me to believe that they will never end.

You know I was in tabletop almost all PAX last year and I can pretty much guarantee there will be adequate space if it's even close to similar to last year. Even in the Magic Tourney area there would have been enough space to fit this get together. The only issue is ambient noise. The acoustics in the hall they had tabletop last year were garbage. Add onto that only slightly diluted fanfare from both MtG tourneys and the expo hall & I was having issues hearing people from whom I was sitting across the table, but then my hearing is pretty shady.

If there's not a whole ton of people there should be space in the HH lounge, but the TT area or even the food area (if there's another giant food area like last year) would have room if it doesn't work out.

• AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    so What's the word with the Stitch n Bitch? I don't stitch with fiber, my significant other says I occasionally bitch, but I do some stitching with wire and would love to meet up with others and see all your creativity. Would love to meet up sometime and chat. Just need to know when and where. :-)

I have a preference for 1:30, since there are a couple of panelly things around 3-4 that I was interested in. How about we plan on handheld and then move to TT if it's jammed?

• the_stamythe_stamy Registered User regular
    The 1:30 time would be better for me as well.

• kitties_on_acidkitties_on_acid Registered User regular
    Oh! You know... I immediately discounted this because I couldn't knit/crochet if my life depended on it... but I just realized I'm in the middle of working on a zombie embroidery. So I think I'd like to try ditching the men-folk and joining in. :)

• shadowfaeshadowfae Registered User regular
    My planned schedule isn't finalized yet, but I'll bring my current cross stitch project along and possibly show up. :)

• CaveCibumCaveCibum Registered User regular
    Oh! You know... I immediately discounted this because I couldn't knit/crochet if my life depended on it... but I just realized I'm in the middle of working on a zombie embroidery. So I think I'd like to try ditching the men-folk and joining in. :)

Yes for other embroiderers!!

edited March 2012
    OK, Saturday at 1:30 it is! I think tabletop will be better than handheld though. Handheld is hidden down at the end of a hallway again and it's much smaller than tabletop. Tabletop is right in the center, easy to find, and more spacious. I'll have cookies with me from the Cookie Brigade, so we'll have snackage. I'll try to show up early to grab a table, so if you don't know me, look for the girl with cookies and knitting a Ravenclaw-colored scarf.

If I need to make any last minute changes, I'll try to get in here and edit, but you can also check my twitter (more reliable) : twitter.com/sewingpunzie

Oh and all genders and sexes are invited. Don't think this is a gril's-only event! There's a good chance my boyfriend (FatherVenom) will be there.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    That works for me! Hoping I can join you all. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
    Tabletop's good! Also COOKIES. I am following you on Twitter and I am excited.

• ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    Verandia says she'll be there. (Sorry I spend more time on the comp than her, so I tend to post for her.)

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    adding this to my guidebook to do list!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • woolykittenwoolykitten Registered User regular
    I'll be joining you guys!

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Hey guys, my lady will be joining you as well!

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    Just a reminder (and bumping the thread) this is this afternoon. See you there :)

HI3789R.png
  • AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    Wanna come...where do I go???

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    In tabletop looking for this. Someone tweet @Vapok to let me know where. I have a few knitters with me.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok