As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heya! It's me Imoen!

• Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    I started a bg1 game the other day cause I'd only ever played 2, and shit, being level 1 is hard! Got out of candelkeep and immediately began dying.

• Options
    tech_huntertech_hunter More SeattleRegistered User regular
    Yeah even when you pick up your party it doesn't get too much better, as you slowly progress it gets better. You are ecstatic when you find your first +1 weapon, you start to feel like a badass then.

Sig to mucho Grande!
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    The solution to the early game, and all of the rest of the game

is bows

• Options
    I restarted a new one with a werewolf druid cause I"m using tutu and I can use bg2 packages.. werewolf durids seem super broken so hopefully it goes better.

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    What's up with Neera's hands in that image

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    she's casting MAGIC MISSILE

• Options
    magic missile is the best spell.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    What's up with Neera's hands in that image

Well, she's a wild mage. So she was casting magic handjob but it misfired and turned her hands into spectral penises.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Rolo wrote: »
    The solution to the early game, and all of the rest of the game

is bows

Yup. Gibberlings can't suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    It'd be pretty cool if they added some more monk-supporting items to the game, along with this new monk party member fella

Monk was always such a cool idea, but then I was like "wait, so I basically can't equip anything? Yeaaaaah, screw that"

But man guys, if the multiplayer actually works now we should totally do a group LP

It'll last FOREVER

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    PentaghostPentaghost Classification: NOT SO BAD The Southern OracleRegistered User regular
    Looking forward to hearing I serve the Flaming Fist and many other classics all over again. It's been too long.

• Options
    Yeah, it'll be nice to head back to the forgotten realms setting again. Sure it's rarely a well-written world, but god damn if it isn't filled to the brim with flavor. Just thinking about the red mages and the underdark is putting a smile on my face

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    kinda wish neera was a sorcerer since there are no npc sorcerers yet god damn they own

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Fuck

yes

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Pentaghost wrote: »
    Looking forward to hearing I serve the Flaming Fist and many other classics all over again. It's been too long.

My personal favorite is SPARE NO-ONE

mostly because the guy who voiced the hobgoblins was also the captain of the guard in Aladdin

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    gah I want this now, not in a month

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    i'm psyched for this you guys

• Options
    what I want to know is, are there going to be any new characters for BG2?

Because there's a serious mage gap in that game

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Yeah your only real option was a huge prick, if I remember correctly.

• Options
    digging the wild mage and the monk.

Going to have to kill that Blackguard

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    And suddenly, a dozen mods with a Neera romance.

Unless there's already an official one.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    well it says theres a romantic conversation on the page

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Shorty wrote: »

mostly because the guy who voiced the hobgoblins was also the captain of the guard in Aladdin

My favorite was "Get-me out of this hell-hole."

It sounded so theatrical! I would activate multiple dudes at once to hear them harmonize.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah your only real option was a huge prick, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, Edwin

He is by far the best mage but he's evil and therefore requires really obnoxious reputation-hoops to jump through if you want to keep him in a Good party

The only other realistic options are imoen and jan but they've both got a slew of problems in late-game scenarios

But that said you pretty much have to take jan anyway if your mc isn't a thief since he's the only character who can continue to gain thief levels (and is available for the whole game), and imoen is adequate when combined with jan

Speaking of which, that's another character gap I really hope they address in BG2: the thief situation

Shorty on
  • Options
    my favorite voice in BG1 is the singing prophets at the beginning.

So says the wise Alundo

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »

So says the wise Alundo

Excellent choice

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

So says the wise Alundo

Excellent choice

sayeth, actually, i believe. but yes, the whole monk's speech there is cool.

and "You must gather your party before venturing forth." deserves to be mentioned in some form.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I played a game online the other day (the Mount and Blade Warband expansion Napoleonic Wars I believe) and a dude was named "So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo"

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Part of it is how nochalatly they say this super dark shit, actually they chant it.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    The lord of murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny, chaos shall be sown from their passage, so sayeth the wise alaundo

Also apparently this game will have cross-platform co-op. Like, you can play on your iPad with people on the PC. That is rad.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    "All that glitters is not gold, but all that is gold most certainly glitters" has been stuck in my head now for the last 10+ years. Looking forward to seeing that gnome again.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

My favorite was "Get-me out of this hell-hole."

It sounded so theatrical! I would activate multiple dudes at once to hear them harmonize.

"Get-me out of this-"

"Get-me out of this-"

"Get-me out of this-"

"Get-me out of this hell-hole!"

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Swords With Friends: Baldur’s Gate’s Cross-Plat Co-op
    It’s not that difficult to “enhance” something. Recently, I “enhanced” my cereal experience by pouring milk into it. In the world of PC gaming, however, “enhanced” is a holy and sacred word. The Witcher 1 and 2′s Enhanced Editions, for instance, were the equivalent of sending my cereal bowl sailing into a nearby forest, flying in an Iron Chef, and telling him to make whatever his heart desired – so long as it included over 100 courses. Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, meanwhile, appears to be taking a similar approach. And now, Beamdog’s announced a cherry for the proverbial cereal and ice cream and filet mignon sundae: cross-platform multiplayer.

Principal Baldur’s Gate franchise necromancer Trent Oster said as much in a tweet:

“[Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition] will have co-op multiplayer and will work across platforms. iPad can play with Android, Mac and PC. One happy gaming family.”

Baldur’s Gate 2, of course, had up-to-six-player co-op, so multiplayer is hardly unexplored territory for the franchise. Playing with people on other platforms, however, sounds like quite the enticing wrinkle. I mean, I know plenty of people who’d shudder in fear of the role-playing legend’s isometric viewpoint and associated old-school complexities, but if they could easily access it on an iPad while a friend showed them the ropes, well, they’d be a bit more open to the idea, at least.

And, lest you think I’m some sort of altruistic soul who just wants all of humanity to be happy, understand that this is entirely driven by the chance that Beamdog could re-calibrate its patented Dog Beams to fire copies of Baldur’s Gate 3 instead of dogs. And oh what a day that would be.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/31/swords-with-friends-baldurs-gates-cross-plat-co-op/

Brolo on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I am so excited for this you don't even understand.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    cross-platform co-op

i fucking love living in the future

Beasteh on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    How does multiplayer in BG work though? What with the pausing to give out orders and such

• Options
    Karl wrote: »
    How does multiplayer in BG work though? What with the pausing to give out orders and such

You can set a bunch of triggers that will make the game auto-pause, and the main player character is able to pause at any time.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    It's a bit of a chore though, and you best use voice communication along with it.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Also when you've only got 1 person you have to be looking out for it's pretty easy to just control them and not need to pause very often

What I wish they'd do is set it so you can control one of the NPC party members (but maybe let you roll up their stats instead), because you miss out on soo much if you have a full party of your own characters

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh my god

I am so excited

I never even played the first Baldur's Gate, now shall be the time

And then maybe the sequel will have, you know, an actual selection of NPCs that I might actually want to take?

I can't wait to gather my party

I can't wait to... venture forth