As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. ALL OF IT. DON'T ARGUE ABOUT DLC

• Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So apparently the Squadmate DLC comes with alt costumes for all your squadmates.

Not sure if secret squadmate gets one since I don't see them but here is a link to them. We've already seen Vega's, Kaiden's, and Liara's.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9540838

Ashley and Visor have some goofy looking glasses.

Dammit Bioware! What is your obsession with stupid-ass goggles and visors.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Deal with it.gif

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Its all preparation for the Bioware accessory line, soon to debut in stores in Miami, and then across the globe.

You heard it here first, folks.
    The glasses are biodegradable and non-toxic. They do not block uv radiation or reduce glare. They also cost twice as much as regular sunglasses and dissolve when exposed to sweat.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    I'm hoping they are covered by the helmet toggle option.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    <post Sheperd's "Deal with it" pic>

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    I'm actually looking forward to seeing how life goes on even in the face of total annihilation. Just because something is happening on the other side of the galaxy doesn't mean every single civilization or every single person in the universe will drop everything and prepare for war. Someone will still want to make a profit, someone will still want to fight over petty squabbles, and someone will insist that they need to look after their own interest for when this "all blows over".

Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, Liara walks into mine.

• Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    Okay I'm super late on the uptake with this one. College student funding blah blah

Does anyone know where I can still pre-order the collectors edition for the PC online?

I'd like the Gamestop bonus, but they seem to be all out

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    very annoyed about this not being stocked by Game, ive only ever pre-ordered 2 games in my life. 1 was Dragon age 2 to get the special edition of that, turned out that none were sent to my town at all between all the shops/supermarkets that stocked it - and the other is this one, that now I can't get the collector edition because of shitty Game and every other site being sold out.
    Now I get to hope Tesco or Asda stock it.

• Options
    DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    GaryO wrote: »
    very annoyed about this not being stocked by Game, ive only ever pre-ordered 2 games in my life. 1 was Dragon age 2 to get the special edition of that, turned out that none were sent to my town at all between all the shops/supermarkets that stocked it - and the other is this one, that now I can't get the collector edition because of shitty Game and every other site being sold out.

try amazon.co.uk and search for mass effect 3 n7 collectors edition

make sure you add n7 in there or it wont show up for some reason, all 3 platforms were still in stock as of 2 hours ago.

edit: eh sorry just checked, amazon 360 and pc versions have gone, damn that was quick. glad to have got in there fast.

surprised by the pc version selling out though, that usually never happens as of recently.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ad astra wrote: »

Considering one of the pictures from the From Ashes DLC shows Vega (and Kaidan) in those armor sets, but without the weirdo glasses, I think this is probably the case. Said picture (not spoilery):
    Mass_Effect_3_From_Ashes_13303140376442.jpg

I just like to think that Vega's quirk is that he loves weird eye things, like in the CE alt outfit pack:
    1832791-vega_body_super.png
    Okay I'm super late on the uptake with this one. College student funding blah blah

Does anyone know where I can still pre-order the collectors edition for the PC online?

Chances aren't good. PC versions followed 360 in going out of stock most places a few weeks ago. For future reference, Amazon doesn't charge until they process the order around ship time, so you could have 'reserved' one a long time ago without any cash and cancelled at any time.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    So apparently Gamestop is doing this thing where you can pay $10 down to "pre-order" all the digital content that comes with the Collector's Edition, and you can get the code from their Power Up Rewards site at midnight of the day the game is released. So yeah, People who have Collector's Edition DLC envy should make a note of this.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    wiltingwilting I had fun once and it was awful Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I thought Beef SlabThrust's quirk was that he is a Big McLargeHuge?

wilting on
  • Options
    So apparently Gamestop is doing this thing where you can pay $10 down to "pre-order" all the digital content that comes with the Collector's Edition, and you can get the code from their Power Up Rewards site at midnight of the day the game is released. So yeah, People who have Collector's Edition DLC envy should make a note of this.

I'm assuming you need to be a Power Up Rewards member?

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Dirk Hardpec's loyalty mission will involve preventing a factory bombing of the makers of the famous Krogan supplement Quad Booster Performance Whey

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    Apparently he has a deep and intricate backstory of some kind that no one ever talks about even in spoilers.

I have grown intrigued by this.

Also, RE: Special outfits for squadmates in Collector's edition chat.
    Garrus and Tali's new outfits are disappointing because they look just like a Black and Desert Camo reskin. Ashley and Vega's are terrible with the crazy glasses. Kaiden's is pretty cool though, so its probably worth it just for that.

Also super secret Squadmember has the best one, though I'm not sure its better than the usual look.

• Options

Link?

• Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular

Link?

If this is a real thing I'm going to go through so many pairs of pants.

• Options
    Does that include the Gamestop gun/armor?

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Dammit... I had way too much fun dressing just one Space Barbie.

Hell, hell, I even had the two appearance packs and used them for certain missions, situations. (ie, Grunt wore his normal clothes, unless I took him to a fight, then he got his AR glasses, same with Miranda. Except Jack, she got a shirt ASAP.)

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Oddfish wrote: »

Link?

If this is a real thing I'm going to go through so many pairs of pants.

I confirmed it myself when I went to the store. They asked me if I wanted to put the $10 towards it.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular

Wow... really, alot of the places that had it last week (and I'm talking places without a pre-order bonus) are out now. The only place I KNOW of that has it right now is target.com, and I'd order quickly. Kmart.com and buy.com ran out not too long ago and I figured they'd hold out a while because of the lack of pre-order bonus.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • Options
    The dark-as-all-hell Normandy is just IGN's fault, apparently. The other two videos by other groups showing some of the Normandy do not suffer from inky blackness settled over everything.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    WappaduWappadu Registered User regular
    If ME3 makes the same quantum jump in quality as 2 did, a Game of the Year award won't do it justice.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »

try amazon.co.uk and search for mass effect 3 n7 collectors edition

make sure you add n7 in there or it wont show up for some reason, all 3 platforms were still in stock as of 2 hours ago.

edit: eh sorry just checked, amazon 360 and pc versions have gone, damn that was quick. glad to have got in there fast.

surprised by the pc version selling out though, that usually never happens as of recently.

Yeah The last company to have it was blockbuster and they sold out in roughly the time it took for me to see someone post "blockbuster still have it" with a link and then clicking on that link. I'm a sad man today :(

• Options
    The dark-as-all-hell Normandy is just IGN's fault, apparently. The other two videos by other groups showing some of the Normandy do not suffer from inky blackness settled over everything.

You'd think IGN would bother to have AV guys that didn't suck.

Then again, lol IGN.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Considering one of the pictures from the From Ashes DLC shows Vega (and Kaidan) in those armor sets, but without the weirdo glasses, I think this is probably the case. Said picture (not spoilery):

I just like to think that Vega's quirk is that he loves weird eye things, like in the CE alt outfit pack:

Speaking of the CE. These alt outfits that are part of the "From Ashes" mission, are they a new version of the CE outfits? Or does the CE come with these outfits, and the others that were announced a while ago?

Ad astra on
  • Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    lol IGN.

• Options
    Speaking of the CE. These alt outfits that are part of the "From Ashes" mission, are they a new version of the CE outfits? Or does the CE come with these outfits, and the others that were announced a while ago?

They're separate, so the CE comes with two sets of alt outfits thanks to the squadmate DLC having one in addition to the CE set.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012

the CE outfits are different from the From Ashes outfits.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    The bottom line is, get the CE or the N7 edition however you can because there's actually a lot of game content in there as opposed to just useless real-world junk.

• Options
    Well there's something I never noticed. I lied to Jack and never gave her the files but her loyalty mission conversation mentions looking through the files I gave her.

Wat?

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    How do you even get her loyalty mission without giving her the files?

• Options
    oh man watching the other hd normandy tour where the guy goes and checks his mail. oh man those titles

(me3 spoilers, possible quests)
    theres an email about game night (poker table get!) and one that said "meet me in purgatory" that is weird.. wonder if the station crashed planet side?

• Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    So does anyone know if Origin unlocks new games at midnight? I have a CE on order from GameStop, but a pre-loaded download that's also available at midnight sounds a lot better than standing in a parking lot in the cold with a bunch of other nerds.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I just played the most awesome pubbie game. We were doing a round of silver on the noveria map, and about wave 5 our vanguard starts floating so it's just three of us left to do the whole round. this awesome dude playing an infiltrator single-handedly got us through wave 7 and after that the three of us pulled through to full extraction, as the glitched vanguard had glitched in the extraction zone. seriously epic.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    If I remember right, when you talk to her after recruiting her (or when she first mentions the loyalty mission), she says she took the files herself regardless of what you wanted.

Here's a comparison shot between IGN's version and another video's:

N97dg.jpgUWIAg.jpg
    htm wrote: »
    So does anyone know if Origin unlocks new games at midnight? I have a CE on order from GameStop, but a pre-loaded download that's also available at midnight sounds a lot better than standing in a parking lot in the cold with a bunch of other nerds.

You want to give up physical edition goodies and the better DLC for Origin's?

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    tralevtralev Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    The bottom line is, get the CE or the N7 edition however you can because there's actually a lot of game content in there as opposed to just useless real-world junk.

If you can purchase the From Ashes DLC separately, what really are you missing? Some in game costumes and guns?

Steam: tralev PS3: GeekMcD
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    theres an email from (me3 spoilers)
    wreav that is really vague and interesting... about making a deal with monsters and abomonations.. goddamn i cant wait.

why am i doing this to myself hahaha.

Deaderinred on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    envoy1 wrote: »
    I just played the most awesome pubbie game. We were doing a round of silver on the noveria map, and about wave 5 our vanguard starts floating so it's just three of us left to do the whole round. this awesome dude playing an infiltrator single-handedly got us through wave 7 and after that the three of us pulled through to full extraction, as the glitched vanguard had glitched in the extraction zone. seriously epic.

Even better. I threw a Centurian into the air and my charging Krogan homie sent him careening off into the abyss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hD6-75vvK4

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    htmhtm Registered User regular
    htm wrote: »

You want to give up physical edition goodies and the better DLC for Origin's?

Well, no. I'd get both. <.<

This discussion has been closed.