As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Schedule is live!

BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in PAX Archive
<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
BigRed on

• adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    *happy dance!!!*

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The schedule shows Metroid Metal playing both Friday and Saturday's concerts. Is this an error?
    Edit: fixed

creid8 on
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    creid8 wrote: »
    Is this an error?

Error! Fix will be pushed through in a few minutes.

< devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • KyussKyuss Registered User regular
  • MorgansternMorganstern Registered User regular
    Are the tournament schedules going up soon or will they be released closer to the show?

• blAAAm!!!blAAAm!!! Cleveland, OhioRegistered User regular
    time to start planning!!!!!

• David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    Are the tournament schedules going up soon or will they be released closer to the show?
    We're probably 2-3 weeks out from seeing tournament schedules. Sorry!

• mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    No Mega64 panel? :(

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Woot! "How to Run a Child's Play Charity Event" and "Irrational Games: Making a Monster" have been entered into my schedule. :lol:

Ln5yLL7.png
    mgriff3456 wrote: »
    No Mega64 panel? :(

It will appear by the end of the day! A little error on our end.

www.reedpop.com
  • mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    Awesome! The Mega64 panel is always one of my favorite things about PAX.

Someone mentioned to me that there has been a spreadsheet posted in past years. Will that happen again?

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Someone mentioned to me that there has been a spreadsheet posted in past years. Will that happen again?

I do know community members in the past have taken the website schedule and turned it into a spreadsheet and or google calendar. So many some awesome people will do that again! :D

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    I now know when it really hits me that Pax east is real. ITS NOW! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

7US7VWW.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I'm bummed for not seeing a Musical Guests Panel, those were always really entertaining.

Also, @heels: are the bands listed on the concerts in the order they will be playing?

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    Just a heads up to those who want a good seat at the Rooster Teeth panel, they very likely will not be clearing out the main theater beforehand. Be ready!

edited March 2012
    SmallLady wrote: »

I do know community members in the past have taken the website schedule and turned it into a spreadsheet and or google calendar. So many some awesome people will do that again! :D

I am a total planning addict. I was going to do just that before someone told me that usually it is posted along with the schedule. I guess I will start on that spreadsheet after all. :D

adias.angel on
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    We normally release the schedule in a grid, but frankly it's never as nice as the community created ones.

We'll probably do another spreadsheet closer to the event, though.

Coldbrew wrote: »
    Also, @heels: are the bands listed on the concerts in the order they will be playing?

Indeed, but that could change.

www.reedpop.com
  • StrangeStaticStrangeStatic Mass.Registered User regular
    Im looking forward to the "Epic Games: Past, Present and Future". Last year when I went I didnt go to any of the things on the schedule. I just walked around and tried out games.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/strangestatic
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    Need to find a way to clone myself

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    "The Future of Online Games", this is the panel I can't miss.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    Already spotted a bunch of panels that I won't be missing.

Question: Does anyone know if panels put on by devs/exhibitors (like Rage and Guild wars 2 last pax east) get added to the schedule later to keep them secret?

• ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    No Omegathon rounds up yet - saaaaad panda. :( (I didn't expect the games to be announced yet, but I was hoping for placeholders with times...I'll have to wait to start firming up my schedule, is all.)

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
    There are two panels that overlap in the same theater:

Take Over Kotaku (For One Hour)
    Manticore Theatre
    Friday 2:30pm - 3:30pm

BioWare and Dragon Age
    Manticore Theatre
    Friday 3:00pm - 4:00pm

I am guessing one of them is in the wrong theater. Who should I report this to?

Also, is this the final schedule or are there panels yet to be added? There are some notable absences (there's usually a City of Heroes panel, women in gaming, gay gamers, etc. - surprised and glad to see a trans gamer panel and harassment in gaming panel though) and I'm not sure if no one proposed that stuff, if PAX declined some of the usual suspects, or if they just haven't been posted yet.

• dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    heels most likely, he seems to have been monitoring this thread though so I'd give him some time to respond.

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Is Video Game Orchestra playing Friday night or Saturday? I think the schedule lists things differently than was announced elsewhere.

There are two panels that overlap in the same theater:

Take Over Kotaku (For One Hour)
    Manticore Theatre
    Friday 2:30pm - 3:30pm

BioWare and Dragon Age
    Manticore Theatre
    Friday 3:00pm - 4:00pm

I am guessing one of them is in the wrong theater. Who should I report this to?

One was listed as being in the wrong theatre! An update should go through within about 30 minutes.

www.reedpop.com
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    Also, is this the final schedule or are there panels yet to be added? There are some notable absences (there's usually a City of Heroes panel, women in gaming, gay gamers, etc. - surprised and glad to see a trans gamer panel and harassment in gaming panel though) and I'm not sure if no one proposed that stuff, if PAX declined some of the usual suspects, or if they just haven't been posted yet.

Final schedule! No one submitted any of those sessions for PAX East this year, we might be able to sneak one in if someone comes to us with a really solid proposal.

www.reedpop.com
  • KikkaKikka New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Are there any other trans people that are made uncomfortable with the title of the title of the transgender issues in gaming panel?
    Cause I really am, just wanting to see if it's actually a real concern or just me being touchy.

I mean I'm really glad that that is included and all, but the name just seams REALLY insensitive to me. I'm trans, not a trap, not here to trick people or be shock value, just being myself.

Kikka on
    "It's a trap" does tend to be a rather...mean-spirited joke, to say the least (to the point where at least one other forum I'm on has banned the meme completely), but as the panelists appear to be trans gamers themselves, there might be a certain 'reclaiming' factor at work there. By addressing the meme head-on, we rob it of its power.

As a trans woman, I'm a little uncomfortable with it, but I'm not going to tell the panelists they shouldn't have chosen that title. (Assuming they did. If they're not okay with it, that's a different story.)

edited March 2012
    heels wrote: »
    Final schedule! No one submitted any of those sessions for PAX East this year, we might be able to sneak one in if someone comes to us with a really solid proposal.

Since regular panel submissions are now closed, is there an address where such proposals should be sent?

Themiscyra on
  • KikkaKikka New YorkRegistered User regular
    Themiscyra wrote: »
    "It's a trap" does tend to be a rather...mean-spirited joke, to say the least (to the point where at least one other forum I'm on has banned the meme completely), but as the panelists appear to be trans gamers themselves, there might be a certain 'reclaiming' factor at work there. By addressing the meme head-on, we rob it of its power.

As a trans woman, I'm a little uncomfortable with it, but I'm not going to tell the panelists they shouldn't have chosen that title. (Assuming they did. If they're not okay with it, that's a different story.)

Yeah, but still it's sort of hard to convey the whole reclaiming thing with just a panel title. I'll give it a chance but still it did get me feeling a bit upset when I read it, and I know it upset a few other people as well...

Kikka wrote: »
    Yeah, but still it's sort of hard to convey the whole reclaiming thing with just a panel title. I'll give it a chance but still it did get me feeling a bit upset when I read it, and I know it upset a few other people as well...
    That's a very good point. It does tend to jump out at you - and perhaps that's precisely why it was used, and precisely why it shouldn't have been.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The panelists do choose the titles, as far as I know. Maybe contact them for their reasons and to express your concern? Not that this isn't a good place for that concern either, but that would have a more direct impact methinks.

• TrionTrion Registered User regular
    The Retrogame Roadshow is back! Can I get in line now?

• PsykusPsykus Registered User regular
    SmallLady wrote: »

I'll start on a public Google Calendar for this, PM me if you want to help and I can add you as a contributor so we can work together on completing it. This would be super handy on smartphones where the calendars have Google integration.

Found another theater with two panels scheduled at the same time. Sorry to be the pain reporting these.

Trailers: The Final Frontier
    Arachnid Theatre
    Saturday 2:30pm - 3:30pm

N00dz or GTFO! Harassment in Online Gaming
    Arachnid Theatre

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Found another theater with two panels scheduled at the same time. Sorry to be the pain reporting these.

Trailers: The Final Frontier
    Arachnid Theatre

N00dz or GTFO! Harassment in Online Gaming
    Arachnid Theatre

Not a pain, it's good to report the grievous errors.