As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PS Vita] 2.0: PS1 support is a go (unless you live in North America and don't own a PS3)

• Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    I really want that microfiber cloth. Our (in Japan) pre-order bonus was a 5-song soundtrack.

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    More SCEE PSP price drops (permanent, not temporary sales). Here's some of them but apparently there are a number of others that will be dropped as well that they're not going to mention for some reason (similar to Dissidia 012 last time). They'll go up on the store with the usual PS Store update.
    SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3
    Was: €39.99/£24.99/AUD $59.95
    Now: €7.99/£6.99/AUD $11.95

Jungle Party
    Was: €29.99/£24.99/AUD $49.95

White Knight Chronicles Origins
    Was: €29.99/£24.99/AUD $49.95

Patapon 3
    Was: €26.99/£16.99/AUD $44.95

Echoshift
    Was: €19.99/£15.99/AUD $29.95

Gangs of London

God of War: Chains of Olympus

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Gran Turismo

Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier

Killzone: Liberation

LittleBigPlanet

Resistance: Retribution

Syphon Filter Dark Mirror

Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow

Key Of Heaven

Looking pretty great and there are apparently others , though it's a bit weird since Killzone: Liberation isn't supported yet.

Resistance: Retribution is looking pretty good to me, as is Patapon 3. And I'm tempted to replace my physical copies of GoW: Chains of Olympus and both Syphon Filter's with digital copies now. Well done SCEE, you can occasionally do things right.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Wasn't Dissidia supposed to get a price drop for winning that poll? Cause it's still thirty bucks.

• Options
    Wasn't Dissidia supposed to get a price drop for winning that poll? Cause it's still thirty bucks.

It was only for a sale, which ended a couple of weeks ago.

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    More SCEE PSP price drops (permanent, not temporary sales). Here's some of them but apparently there are a number of others that will be dropped as well that they're not going to mention for some reason (similar to Dissidia 012 last time). They'll go up on the store with the usual PS Store update.
    snip

Looking pretty great and there are apparently others , though it's a bit weird since Killzone: Liberation isn't supported yet.

Resistance: Retribution is looking pretty good to me, as is Patapon 3. And I'm tempted to replace my physical copies of GoW: Chains of Olympus and both Syphon Filter's with digital copies now. Well done SCEE, you can occasionally do things right.

People keep saying that Killzone isn't supported. I've had it on my Vita since day one and it plays just fine. Is this a regional restriction?

• Options
    snip

People keep saying that Killzone isn't supported. I've had it on my Vita since day one and it plays just fine. Is this a regional restriction?

Exactly that. I've got Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops on my Vita but can't put Killzone: Liberation on there. But for the US, it's the other way around. SCEA and SCEE are probably just going through the PSP library in a different order.

• Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure flash isn't supported because it's dying. I blame Apple.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Yeah, damned sexy trendsetters.

So what's the best way to clean the Vita screen? Wanna de-grease it before starting some non-touch PSP games. ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    StewapetStewapet Registered User regular
    Ack, where is my Disgaea 3?

PSN ID: Stewapet
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    plufim wrote: »

You mean thank. Flash is terrible and needs to die.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    plufim wrote: »

You mean thank. Flash is terrible and needs to die.

Apple may have lead the charge, but Flash has clearly not succeeded in the mobile space. When Android used it as a selling point and it did so poorly that flash stopped working on it, it just proves Apple was right about Mobile Flash.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    Oh and it's worth pointing out that SCEE have put Everybody's Tennis and Motorstorm: Arctic Edge back on the PSN. I guess they've fixed the security holes.

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    So Disgaea 3 is coming out for the vita today, right? When is 4 supposed to hit.

I heard that one was better.

The only one I ever played was a bit of the DS version

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    Disgaea 3 is pretty great. And it has all the DLC from the PS3 version. I'd expect you're going to wait a year or more for a Disgaea 4 Vita release.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Oh. Thanks. I heard it was sooner for some reason.

I'd been looking at picking up a used copy of 3 for my ps3 for years but never got around to it. This is as good a reason as any to grab it.

I hear it is pretty big, so I think I'm going to pick up a physical copy, since I only have an 8 gig card

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    I guess for reference, it was two years between Disgaea for the PSP and Disgaea 2 for the PSP.

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Yeah, damned sexy trendsetters.

So what's the best way to clean the Vita screen? Wanna de-grease it before starting some non-touch PSP games. ;D

Microfiber cloth, definitely. Fingerprints come right off for some beautiful screen viewing.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Apologies if this has been mentioned, but 3 new programs to be released tomorrow: Paint Park,

Treasure Park, and Wake-up Club. Will be out later I guess.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/17/paint-park-treasure-park-and-wake-up-club-coming-to-ps-vita-for-free/

A paint program, a make-your-own puzzle program, and a group....alarm clock? Well, at least they're free.

E: reading comprehension fail. Paint park out this week, the others will follow eventually.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    RoriProfessorRoriProfessor Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Store is updated and I'm downloading Disgaea 3 as we speak. This game is 2 gigabytes, which is less than the japanese release... the game does have both english and japanese voice acting right?

Edit: It does have both.

RoriProfessor on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    I really want a new Vita game to buy. Gravity Rush is so close.

• Options
    Apologies if this has been mentioned, but 3 new programs to be released tomorrow: Paint Park, Treasure Park, and Wake-up Club.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/17/paint-park-treasure-park-and-wake-up-club-coming-to-ps-vita-for-free/

A paint program, a make-your-own puzzle program, and a group....alarm clock? Well, at least they're free.

I was actually interested in checking these out but all I see is the paint program. I wonder if the puzzle and alarm clock apps are for different regions?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Whoops, I didn't read the posting close enough. Says the first of these programs will be available this week, so i guess that would be Paint Park.

• Options
    Paint Park is really making me realize how good the touch screen is on the Vita. It is WAY better than my $700 Galaxy Nexus which is supposed to be a flagship hardware device for Google. Some of that is software related too, but still. Love my Vita. Disgaea is almost done downloading too!

• Options
    nathanaelnathanael Registered User regular
    Apologies if this has been mentioned, but 3 new programs to be released tomorrow: Paint Park, Treasure Park, and Wake-up Club.

I was actually interested in checking these out but all I see is the paint program. I wonder if the puzzle and alarm clock apps are for different regions?

Umm... the Wake Up Club thing looks awesome. Making my morning routine a game? Yes please.

This my Gamertag— NathanaelPM
    This is my PSN ID— Radthanael
  • Options
    Picked up a hard copy of Disgaea on account of my tiny memory card.

..I wish the story was.. something else. This is pretty silly. I am sure I will get used to it though.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »

..I wish the story was.. something else. This is pretty silly. I am sure I will get used to it though.

Yeah, that's... Disgaea. The strategy gameplay is really good, but you just kind of have to ignore the story. It's never any good even in a "so bad it's good" way and is always just lowest common denominator pop culture jokes and wiener references.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ah. Disgaea 3, great game. I actually loved NISA's american voice acting. They do a pretty damn good job.

Also note. Disgaea games play hot and fast with the 4th wall. The games...know they are games and have fun with it. The series is basically a giant lark at the SRPG genre. The mood whiplash you are feeling was all part of the plan. They go from grim and serious to "don't touch that dial" in the span of one battle to the next.

To be fair though. Disgaea takes a backseat compared to the meta weirdness of ZHP. Done by the same team.

Edit: WHOA! The Paint Park App went up too!

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Disgaea 3 was really enjoyable in Japanese. I suppose the problem is in translation (either from Japanese to English or from the game to my brain).

I hope Paint Park goes up in Japan today. Is it anything like Draw Something?

astronautcowboy3 on
    The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So disgea3 is my first vita game. Do they normally not coming with manuals?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    So disgea3 is my first vita game. Do they normally not coming with manuals?

That's correct. Manuals are digital.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    Disgaea 3 was really enjoyable in Japanese. I suppose the problem is in translation (either from Japanese to English or from the game to my brain).

I hope Paint Park goes up in Japan today. Is it anything like Draw Something?

That reminds me, I need to finish playing Disgaea 3 on PS3. Just, so much reading omg.

Sidenote: Getting my Vita soon, woo!

工事中
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »

Yeah, that's... Disgaea. The strategy gameplay is really good, but you just kind of have to ignore the story. It's never any good even in a "so bad it's good" way and is always just lowest common denominator pop culture jokes and wiener references.

This is incorrect. The original Disgaea actually had a pretty engaging story. The sequel had an okay story with characters that were never that likeable (Except Axel, I guess, by some people.)

Disgaea 3 just has a terrible story by any standards. I hear 4 does it much better

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012

This is incorrect. The original Disgaea actually had a pretty engaging story. The sequel had an okay story with characters that were never that likeable (Except Axel, I guess, by some people.)

Disgaea 3 just has a terrible story by any standards. I hear 4 does it much better

Actually, it's not incorrect, seeing as how it's an opinion. It is, however, a very widespread opinion among people who aren't otakus and think things are so kawaii~~(people who aren't biased). Disgaea was less grating than 2 and 3, but nowhere near engaging seeing it was basically a bunch of gags thrown together with a thin story over it.

Of course I'm not going to go so far as to say you are wrong or anything, but Disgaea having a good storyline is not something that's widely regarded.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    I dunno, Laharls progression wasn't exactly bad storytelling.

And I've liked the stories in all the Disgaea games, but I wasn't expecting them to be mass effect of FFT

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options

Actually, it's not incorrect, seeing as how it's an opinion. It is, however, a very widespread opinion among people who aren't otakus and think things are so kawaii~~(people who aren't biased). Disgaea was less grating than 2 and 3, but nowhere near engaging seeing it was basically a bunch of gags thrown together with a thin story over it.

Of course I'm not going to go so far as to say you are wrong or anything, but Disgaea having a good storyline is not something that's widely regarded.

Oh great, insultingly labelling people that disagree with you, this argument is going places.

Oh and if you say Makai Kingdom's story was bad, I will fucking cut you. My favourite NIS game right there.

• Options
    I was more just miffed that someone thinks they can call an opinion incorrect. Funny how no one ever calls that out.

I wasn't insulting anyone, "otakus" or whatever they call themselves are a very real group of people and there's a lot of them. You can also enjoy a game but admit that maybe the story wasn't good as compared to like, basically anything.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Makai Kingdom was a Disgaea game? I played the hell out of that, didn't realize it was part of a bigger series.

And yeah, the storytelling in that was excellent.

Hey, anyone know if BlazBlue Calamity Trigger Portable is any good? I'm tempted to grab the Vita's own Continuum Shift, seemed like it'd better to play this one first. But I know plenty of PSP ports were stripped way down. So how is it? ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Why would you want to get a non Vita Blazblue game? It is a fighting game. Not like you need to play the previous games to get the story.

Also was the DS disgaea the first one? I think I liked that story. What I played of it anyway

• Options
    A bit of googling says the Vita one has the first game in it anyway, so pfft. I was asking cause I want a fighting game fix, but got no cash for a full price game til payday, and there's still £20 in my PS Funbux account, since Skullgirls isn't out here yet.

Also, if Blazblue can do that; Vita release when there's already 3 more basic versions of it, then the "it's already on PSN" excuse for excluding Peace Walker from the MGS HD Collection really crumbles.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I was more just miffed that someone thinks they can call an opinion incorrect. Funny how no one ever calls that out.

I wasn't insulting anyone, "otakus" or whatever they call themselves are a very real group of people and there's a lot of them. You can also enjoy a game but admit that maybe the story wasn't good as compared to like, basically anything.

Read back over what you said and it should be pretty obvious why he called it incorrect. You made no effort to make it clear that it was just your opinion and even now you've still continued to insultingly refer to the people that do like it as weeaboos.

Oh and FYI, otakus are basically just geeks in Japan, so technically you're an otaku.
    Makai Kingdom was a Disgaea game? I played the hell out of that, didn't realize it was part of a bigger series.

And yeah, the storytelling in that was excellent.
    It basically was. Same gameplay, different story and different characters (though there are always cameos from older characters, Zetta and Pram appear in Disgaea 2 and 3 for example). The story was pretty awesome though, yeah.