Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: '[STEAM] Thread: All Dapper Crabs, All The Time' by Gaslight

GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
All this stuff is based on an actual war that happened about 70 years ago

I call bullshit. What was the name of this supposed conflict?

1Slimus.jpg

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Unfortunately "this page" actually refers partially to the previous page and there's no link to it anyways, so here's the context/full chain of posts:
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Brothers in Arms is funderful. It's like I'm a rifleman/ranger/paratrooper from Company of Heroes, where I command my own guys. There's even 6 or 7 people in my full squad, almost the same number.
    I liked how they mentioned Cherbourg in the second level because my CoH army in single player captured that place. It's not a reference, because BIA was made before CoH but it's still nice to hear.
    Kadoken wrote: »
    Brothers in Arms is funderful. It's like I'm a rifleman/ranger/paratrooper from Company of Heroes, where I command my own guys. There's even 6 or 7 people in my full squad, almost the same number.
    I liked how they mentioned Cherbourg in the second level because my CoH army in single player captured that place. It's not a reference, because BIA was made before CoH but it's still nice to hear.
    Uh even if CoH was made before it, that wouldn't be a reference. All this stuff is based on an actual war that happened about 70 years ago, so when they say things like "Cherbourg" they're referencing actual battles, not other video games.
    Gaslight wrote: »
    All this stuff is based on an actual war that happened about 70 years ago

I call bullshit. What was the name of this supposed conflict?
    Nah, pretty sure it was a video game. A sequel, even.
    Nah, pretty sure it was a video game. A sequel, even.

You guys are talking about Super War 2, right?
    PBF209-Now_Showing.jpg
    Frei wrote: »
    World War 2 Episode 3: Poland Strikes Back.

TychoCelchuuu on