As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Arang wrote: »
    she didn't pop them out because CGI is expensive

there are ways to explain the character's reasoning but that's the only one that really matters

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb/02/business/la-fi-0203-time-warner-earns-20110202

the budget is bigger, but still not unlimited, as evidenced by the blackout battle, or even the cardboardy walls of qarth

my guess is they're saving the cash for That Battle at the end of the season

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    She did the beating.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GalyGaly Registered User regular
    Yeah Ros had a different hairstyle for that scene so I didn't immediately recognize her either.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, let's show them the tiny dragons while we are weak and defenseless...nothing bad could come from that.

• Options
    Yeah I definitely saw it as her not wanting to show them that the dragons are tiny and starving. Then there would be nothing stopping the Qartheen from beating the khalasar to a pulp and grabbing them. Right now she's essentially bluffing with her dragons, holding them as a threat over anyone who would try to fuck with her. She can show it to them once they're in and have regained their strength, then they'll be better able to defend themselves if the need arises.

sig.gif
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Has she even figured out how to feed them yet? I remember that being a thing in the books

• Options
    Nope. There was a scene in The North Remembers where she was trying unsuccessfully to feed them horse meat. Wouldn't take.

sig.gif
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Little does she know, dragons only eat unicorns.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    How do you feed unicorns?

With leprechauns, obviously.

And all know that leprechauns will only eat fairies, which feed exclusively on grumpkins and snarks.

Grumpkins and snarks just graze on grass though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »

This is why there are no more dragons.

They were like the Irish with Potatoes.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    and if you don't love me now, you will never love me again

i can still hear you saying the westeros food chain

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    The Westeros food chain is just one giant arrow pointing from everything to Wyman Manderly.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The four main food groups in Westeros are capons, bread trencher stew, lemoncakes and beard grease.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i dont recall capons being eaten at all in books 3 4 and halfway thru 5

maybe it's because my mind kind of shuts off at those bits

series is frontloaded with capons

Squall on
  • Options
    Oh it's all capons all the time.

Fun fact: capons are eunuch roosters.

sig.gif
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    for the longest time when i read capon i thought caper

so i had a way different notion of what people were eating all the time

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    You wouldn't be wrong as long as they're caper-fed capons.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    In a certain way, it's the exact opposite.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    what honestly baffled me last night was why the fuck she didn't just pop her dragons out of the baskets?

I mean... what the fuck bitch? Show them off. Gain power. Stop being a spoiled little twat.

I did think that scene was a bit awkward, but Dany's reasoning seemed pretty obvious. She didn't want to show how small and weak her dragons were. Because then Qarth could easily just murder her and take them. So she needed to bluff her way in and talk about how badass she is

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Silmaril wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »

This is why there are no more dragons.

They were like the Irish with Potatoes.

The Irish are all dead, Khaleesi. It is known.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Latest episode:
    I knew that the shadow baby was going to be weird for my roommates who don't read the books. I loved that they had it be the final scene in the episode, so now my roommates are freaking about it. After seeing it, they all turned to me and were like "what the fuck are we watching". Excellent.

I thought the show pulled it off spectacularly though. Davos really sold it.

• Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    what honestly baffled me last night was why the fuck she didn't just pop her dragons out of the baskets?

I mean... what the fuck bitch? Show them off. Gain power. Stop being a spoiled little twat.

I did think that scene was a bit awkward, but Dany's reasoning seemed pretty obvious. She didn't want to show how small and weak her dragons were. Because then Qarth could easily just murder her and take them. So she needed to bluff her way in and talk about how badass she is

granted

but her choice was possible death by them, or certain death in the desert.

easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    it could have gone very badly for her

targaryens are generally not very reasonable people though, so it kinda fits

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Mormont probably freaked her out with all the "Whatever direction we go in, people will kill you and take your dragons" talk from an episode or two ago

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Mormont probably freaked her out with all the "Whatever direction we go in, people will kill you and take your dragons" talk from an episode or two ago

Mormont is the worst knight.

Dude needs to chill the fuck out sometime.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »

He's looking out for her and is pretty much right. Dragons hadn't been seen in the world in hundreds of years, and now that they've appeared people will want them for themselves.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »

He's looking out for her and is pretty much right. Dragons hadn't been seen in the world in hundreds of years, and now that they've appeared people will want them for themselves.

No, he just needs to chill the fuck out, all you gotta do is spout some mystical bullshit about the life of the dragons being magically linked to Dany because of the secret incantations she used to bring them into the world, so if anyone kills Dany the dragons die, nobody gets to have dragons, AND I WILL TURN THIS DESERT AROUND IF YOU KIDS DON'T QUIET DOWN.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I mean he's not completely wrong. Dragons are game changers. If you get them you can pretty much use just the threat of them to have nations bow to your will.

• Options
    As someone who has not read the books but has read all possible spoilers, I am disappointed that, at no point, will Joffrey be eaten by a dragon.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Guys, when does Episode 3 reair? I might have a chance to watch it during the week(hopefully).

Anyone? I'm not familiar with how HBO operates, but I assume it's being reaired left and right this week?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    If you have HBO you should be able to watch it on demand

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I don't, my roommate does.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    So what, 4 pages since the episode aired and nobody mentioned Roose Bolton?

What the fuck, people?

I'd sooner spit on him

• Options
    "Whatever, khaleesi. It's quite cool."

sig.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Lancel is much more of a loud-mouth and much less of an oblivious simpleton in the show. I mean, he's still dumb as hell, but my impression of him in the books was much more of a 'listen to everyone smarter than him scheme and banter' and having no idea what the hell is going on

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular

Ask your roommate to press the "on demand" button on his remote, then look for the section with HBO (on mine, all the premium channels are together in one category). They aren't reairing episodes from the previous week(s), as best I could tell from their website.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Squall wrote: »
    Ros is a character made for the show, and it's apparent

maybe they have something planned for her...

Immune To Fate (Warning, TV Tropes)

Ros is, I believe, the only recurring character to not be in the books. So while everyone else is bound by fate, she has the power to do anything.

If Grrrr Martin doesn't finish the series before the books catch up, HBO has promised him that Ros will become the star of the final seasons, uniting the seven kingdoms behind that cute smile and rude boobies. There will be an entire season where she plays her own version of the game, and much sexposition will be had by all.

• Options
    NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Squall wrote: »
    Ros is a character made for the show, and it's apparent

maybe they have something planned for her...

Immune To Fate (Warning, TV Tropes)

Ros is, I believe, the only recurring character to not be in the books. So while everyone else is bound by fate, she has the power to do anything.

If Grrrr Martin doesn't finish the series before the books catch up, HBO has promised him that Ros will become the star of the final seasons, uniting the seven kingdoms behind that cute smile and rude boobies. There will be an entire season where she plays her own version of the game, and much sexposition will be had by all.

That would be the best threat ever.

• Options
    Darian wrote: »

Ask your roommate to press the "on demand" button on his remote, then look for the section with HBO (on mine, all the premium channels are together in one category). They aren't reairing episodes from the previous week(s), as best I could tell from their website.

More like he's not here since we're moving and he left it behind and I have to try to figure out the system he left here until it's disconnected soon, but hey. I'll try and figure it out. :P

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Lancel is much more of a loud-mouth and much less of an oblivious simpleton in the show. I mean, he's still dumb as hell, but my impression of him in the books was much more of a 'listen to everyone smarter than him scheme and banter' and having no idea what the hell is going on

I believe that scene where he tries to dick wave at Tyrion was in the books though. It's pretty much the only time he tries to actually do anything until the whole BOOK 3/4 STUFF
    religious order starts