As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    The MG36 used to be good.

Then they nerfed the ever-loving fuck out of it and took away the extended magazines because they don't QA their goddamned patches.

u4OkoEI.png
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Don't worry scat in November you'll be playing COD again anyhow

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Those first few BLOPSDOS shots look like shit, man.

u4OkoEI.png
  • TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    Hoping CoD going "to the future" makes EA/DICE realize the 2142 universe is just sitting there waiting for a sequel.

Miss nailing infantry with the AT Rail Gun.

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    So, are there any must-buy DLC packs out?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Back to Karkand.

Close Quarters is dropping next month, although whether that's a "must-buy" or not remains to be seen and will probably be highly dependent on your taste in maps.

Back to Karkand.

Close Quarters is dropping next month, although whether that's a "must-buy" or not remains to be seen and will probably be highly dependent on your taste in maps.

So none of the weapons packs are necessary? Or are they all just "unlock early" and none have anything exclusive?

Back to Karkand.

So none of the weapons packs are necessary? Or are they all just "unlock early" and none have anything exclusive?
    Everything can be unlocked through playing multiplayer. The only exception is the COOP guns, which you can only get through playing COOP, and the B2K weapons, which require you to buy the B2K expansion.

edited May 2012
    B2K adds 10 guns that must be unlocked by playing the game through specialized assignments.

The Physical Warfare pack was a pre-order bonus, but now is standard on every copy IIRC. Gives early access to the DAO-12 (a level 38 unlock) and the SKS, a potent Recon unlock that takes about 60% of the class to get to.

Co-Op guns are unlocked through playing... well, Co-Op. There's 7 weapons from it, and all are very good. Takes about an hour to get them all with a competent partner (if you're buying for PC, I'm always game for helping people out.) Otherwise you can shell out 7 dollars to buy the pack.

They do sell the gun packs to unlock all the guns (not sure if it applies to the B2K guns) for some sum of cash, but it's not really worth it IMHO since the starter guns are actually among the best, and there's not necessarily tiers of weapons like in other games. Everything's got a range it's good at, and every gun has a purpose.

They do not sell guns that cannot be unlocked by playing the game. They're merely time-savers, if you want to call them that. I'm not sure what the point of a time-saver in a recreational and fun game is, but I guess some people just want to feel like they're not at a disadvantage. Which is silly, because again, the guns are all very competent and relatively equal (the M16A3 is pretty much always going to be the best overall, since DICE uses it as the metric for all the other weapons).

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
    Cool.

Also, is the single-player worth playing?

• onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    i've played maybe 2 hours of SP, around 80 hours of MP. Just... didn't care to do it? idk, i played BF2 a lot when it came out. so I knew what kind of game I was buying. Honestly the only reason I have 2 hours in SP is because the servers weren't working at midnight. I don't plan to finish it.

onesixty2 on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Crap, the co-op unlocks are that easy?

Can I get a 360 bro to run some co-op? Say tomorrow evening a bit?
    I always like unlocking more things (though I already have C4, so I'm pretty much set forever).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Good tip for co-op, do the helicopter mission. If you are a competent pilot, or get a good pilot, you can burn through Hard mode and get a lot of points for little effort.

If you aren't a good pilot, it's a great little training room. It's the only way I'll teach my friends how to fly, gets waaaaay too annoying crashing every vehicle spawn in games.

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Crap, the co-op unlocks are that easy?

Can I get a 360 bro to run some co-op? Say tomorrow evening a bit?
    I always like unlocking more things (though I already have C4, so I'm pretty much set forever).

If the dudebros aren't playing MP tonite I can probably run through some of that coop shit with you.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    onesixty2 wrote: »
    Good tip for co-op, do the helicopter mission. If you are a competent pilot, or get a good pilot, you can burn through Hard mode and get a lot of points for little effort.

If you aren't a good pilot, it's a great little training room. It's the only way I'll teach my friends how to fly, gets waaaaay too annoying crashing every vehicle spawn in games.

YES.
    DUG/TEENAGE I NEED YOU TO FLY ME SO I CAN SHOOT MANS!

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

YES.
    DUG/TEENAGE I NEED YOU TO FLY ME SO I CAN SHOOT MANS!

If we play the Helo mission, you have a 50/50 shot at starting in the pilots seat. It really is a great way to learn the helo controls. Well, it was until we had our own server and you could join it alone and jump in a helo and fly.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/

Fun fact, Hard mode adds nothing to the point values. You earn exactly the same amount of points on Hard as you do on Easy. If you're playing to unlock, there's absolutely no reason to do anything but Easy.

u4OkoEI.png
    speaking of coop, any ps3 people want to do it tonight? i haven't done the last 3 missions, and I want my g3 and that one pistol i get killed with all the time.

edited May 2012

Fun fact, Hard mode adds nothing to the point values. You earn exactly the same amount of points on Hard as you do on Easy. If you're playing to unlock, there's absolutely no reason to do anything but Easy.
    Huh. interesting. I could have sworn hard mode gave a higher score.

Or are scores and unlock points two categories.

onesixty2 on
    Score in a mission is directly correlated to the unlocks. I believe it's 160k total to obtain the final unlock, the G3.

u4OkoEI.png
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Just tried to play for the first time in a few weeks, holding my own on the back stairs in Metro, enemy was about to push and kill me, I was all ready for my dramatic last stand, game crashed, no error message or anything.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I now remember why I uninstalled this game. You'd think after it's been out this long they'd at least remove the ability to clip into walls to avoid damage. Looks great on my new graphics card, unfortunately that doesn't fix any of the retarded gameplay issues.

Bless your heart.
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    That is an issue I have literally never seen come up.

Hell, I regularly shoot peoples feet through walls when they decide to go prone and slide backwards.

I always get called a hacker for shooting feet.

Yeah I don't think I've ever had someone clip into a wall to avoid damage, since most walls get bloweded the fuck up anyways.

Shooting prone camper feet through walls is hilarious.

u4OkoEI.png
  • heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    i perfer C4....

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Score in a mission is directly correlated to the unlocks. I believe it's 160k total to obtain the final unlock, the G3.

And it used to be like crazy point values to unlock each gun. Thankfully they hella relaxed it.

TTODewback wrote: »
    I now remember why I uninstalled this game. You'd think after it's been out this long they'd at least remove the ability to clip into walls to avoid damage. Looks great on my new graphics card, unfortunately that doesn't fix any of the retarded gameplay issues.
    think you might need to aim at their faces more, i also spend lots of time shooting body parts that have escaped the boundaries of walls.

Can someone confirm for me that when you select maps in the server browser, it just filters based on if the server is currently running one of those maps and not based on if that server runs all of those maps in its rotation? I'm pretty certain it's the former but I haven't done thorough testing.

Can someone confirm for me that when you select maps in the server browser, it just filters based on if the server is currently running one of those maps and not based on if that server runs all of those maps in its rotation? I'm pretty certain it's the former but I haven't done thorough testing.

It's just if it happens to be on that map when you sort.

• MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    Back to Karkand.

For what it's worth, for anyone with a LIVE Gold membership, Karkland is on sale for only 600 space-bucks this week. That's like ... $7.50 or something.

LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
    Back to Karkand.

For what it's worth, for anyone with a LIVE Gold membership, Karkland is on sale for only 600 space-bucks this week. That's like ... $7.50 or something.

Friggin Xbox...I bought it two weeks ago when I first got the game for 800. I guess it's not that big a deal. Microsoft customer service is craptacular on those purchases though. If something goes on sale the day after you buy it, even an hour after you buy it, you will not get reimbursed. Screw those guys...

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    It's just something that really bothers me (Even if it has no effect on open maps like Caspian and Firestorm). Just like bullets coming out of the eyes instead of the gun bothers me in pretty much any FPS ever. Also...
    holy fucking BLOOM batman. I don't remember it being so...bloomy..

Bless your heart.
  • MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    Back to Karkand.

Friggin Xbox...I bought it two weeks ago when I first got the game for 800. I guess it's not that big a deal. Microsoft customer service is craptacular on those purchases though. If something goes on sale the day after you buy it, even an hour after you buy it, you will not get reimbursed. Screw those guys...

True enough. Though if you got it for 800, you're still ahead of the game -- I think it was 1200 at first.

On the subject of the RPK: after reading That_Guy's post about it yesterday, I went home and gave it a try: holy jebus, that thing is awesome. I've been a diehard 240/249 man, but I think I'm in love. I had assumed it was comparable to the IAR since it has a magazine, rather than a belt, but nope. A 200 round extended mag, a fast reload animation, and nice, open iron sights on top of everything else? It's really bananas in the best way.

LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
    Back to Karkand.

True enough. Though if you got it for 800, you're still ahead of the game -- I think it was 1200 at first.

On the subject of the RPK: after reading That_Guy's post about it yesterday, I went home and gave it a try: holy jebus, that thing is awesome. I've been a diehard 240/249 man, but I think I'm in love. I had assumed it was comparable to the IAR since it has a magazine, rather than a belt, but nope. A 200 round extended mag, a fast reload animation, and nice, open iron sights on top of everything else? It's really bananas in the best way.

CRAP, you're right. It was 1200...SCREW YOU MICRO$OFT!
    It was 800 for the 'online pass', then I had enough points leftover so that I only had to buy 800 more to afford Karkand. :(

• Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    Late to the party.
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    Assignment #7 - Kill 10 people with paddles.

Assignment #8 - Get a single kill with the Stinger.

There should be tear gas in this game. When you're in it's effective area you would basically get the suppressed screen. THAT would make meatro kinda fun.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Then the Russian engi is covered.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    The Angry Dome is still up?

battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/3de1e1d8-3096-4c1f-a0c6-982e9d8b4d7f/Penny-Arcade-The-Angry-Dome/

Paid through May 11.

u4OkoEI.png
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Oh. I thought it was just done with and that's why no one ever used it anymore :(

• KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    No one is on. :/ you guys are bad and you should feel bad.pn fuckin g

GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png