As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Syrdon wrote: »
    The vehicle on the Armored Kill cover doesn't look like a Abrams.

Looks like some sort of wheeled vehicle with a turret cannon. Not a Stryker MGS.

Almost looks like this...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AMX-10-RC.JPG
    but not quite.
    Kinda looks like a Merkava to me. Ok, actually, the quality is bad enough that it kinda looks like nearly everything.

It's not any of the MBTs in the game or a Merkava, but I'm basing this from the headlights on it.

TOGSolid wrote: »
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I find the PKA Russian 3.4x scope is about the all around scope for me. I will put it on anything that I can.

Yeah, that scope is fantastic. Easily one of the best in the game.
    Syrdon wrote: »
    I didn't realize how awful the targeting on the Javelins was until today. Watched a couple go for a top attack about 30 degrees off from where the tank in question was/ A couple go for a top attack, wait until they get just barely above the tank and hang a hard right to pick off some offending bit of scrub on a nearby hill. One notable one (fired at a tank across the road) went to the tank, around to its side and then pulled a horizontal yo-yo for 5 seconds before hitting the side of the tank. Said tank was head on to me.

The best bit is that it doesn't seem to matter if the tank is soflam'd or not, that sort of shit still happens.

On a related note: anyone know how the javelins decide if they're going to go for the top attack or not? They at least usually will if the target is soflam'd (but not always), but what about if its not?

Thankfully Jav behavior and the lock on problems are being cleaned up in the next patch so they'll be far less frustrating to use.
    Warcry wrote: »
    http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/inside-dice-post-launch-balancing/

Demize99 explains how he crafts the game changing patches he does.

It's incredibly disheartening that the topic pulling the most votes is the god damn USAS w/ Frag 12 explanation. It's just more evidence that your average pubby is a blithering fucking idiot.

The DERPSAS is so fucking bad on the PC now, though. Consoles can't complain since their patching process sucks shit and they don't get updates.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Also, the livestream for the 4chan/reddit game is here, at 2:30 Pacific time. I'm planning on watching at least some of the games. I'm sure /v/ has a stream of their own, which I'll try to find.

Hurr.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Not really seeing how they can tell the guy is in a jungle. The awful image quality combined with the art style makes it hard to see anything.

Really hoping End Game has the ice caps growing, leading to BF2143 in 2013.
    Oh god yes. Maps that set up the BF2142 story for an eventual lead in to BF2143.
    YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

NO NO NO NO! IT IS MUCH TO EARLY! The backstory to BF2142 clearly states that the ice age started in the early 22nd century.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Jet is the F18 according to people on GAF who know about jets

M4z2x.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So did 4chan kick butt

• Options
    proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    Game's not for another 5 hours

455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    phooey

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    In the mean time, I need a running crew for rush if anyone wants to play with me. I'm on a B2K only map right now though. Trying to get that awful assignment shotgun.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    I'm in a terrible predicament. Just got in the CS:GO beta, and the download finishes right before the Reddit match.

Watch match or play CS:GO?

What do thread?

455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Both things you could do later technically, the match will be on youtube, CS:GO will be playable later. Which are you more excited about?

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Where do I go to watch the grudge match?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'll probably see more shenanigans during the match than me playing CS:GO.

@Straight: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/qp60a/reddit_vs_4chan_match_join_us_on_the_lizard/

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • Options
    This just in

Koga and Lambda are buttfaces

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    is the stream.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Not really seeing how they can tell the guy is in a jungle. The awful image quality combined with the art style makes it hard to see anything.

Really hoping End Game has the ice caps growing, leading to BF2143 in 2013.
    Oh god yes. Maps that set up the BF2142 story for an eventual lead in to BF2143.
    YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

NO NO NO NO! IT IS MUCH TO EARLY! The backstory to BF2142 clearly states that the ice age started in the early 22nd century.

I don't even caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare. Let the pack start showing dwindling resources and shit like that. I just want some sort of confirmation for a 2143 god damnit!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Stream's started, Reddit's playing some games to get ready. 30 minutes left.

Me and proyebat are trolling the chat and are gonna be in Mumble. You fucks should get on and join us.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    4chan stream here

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    The stream chat for 4chan is awful

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    >4chan in charge of co-ordination
    >2012

• Options
    Reddit is fucking facerolling right now. 500 tickets to 300.

• Options
    4chan has zero idea about team co-ordination. They finally seem to be getting it together, at 100 tickets to 400.

• Options
    KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    i'm loving the butt hurt from this /v/ kids stream.

GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    This is fucking precious.

I CANT PLAY AT THIS FRAMERATE

STREAMING IS MAKING MY RENDERING SCREW UP

BAD@VIDYA

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    No surprise. 4chan could roll them in T:A because T:A is just glorified TDM with flags as an afterthought. Teamwork doesn't really matter as much in T:A since the game is so simple. "Rush flag, protect carrier, shoot their carrier, win." Base defense is a god damn joke in T:A so as long as you can go fast and aim, you win.

That crap doesn't work in BF. A team of mediocre players with good teamwork will shit all over a bunch of good lonewolves.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    They can't even co-ordinate squad specs. hahahahaha

• Options
    Oh wow, Reddit is doing some dirty shit. They just kicked a few /v/ players for using all talk. Maybe this has been going on for a while? Also just found out that /v/'s best player was banned for three days due to someone posting something on his battlelog.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Apparently, using All chat was against a rule both sides agreed to.

Edit: and only 1 person was actually kicked according to the admin.

Edit 2: Does it really matter if "their best player" was banned or whatever? This is Battlefield, one dude isn't going to carry 31 scrubs to victory in a game of Conquest. 4chan is just butthurt.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    Well, 4chan were already playing like dumbshits, then Reddit started cheating. This is a clusterfuck in all respects.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Sounds like a good game!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well, 4chan were already playing like dumbshits, then Reddit started cheating. This is a clusterfuck in all respects.

I'm not sure what else people expected. This is Reddit, and 4chan after all. The two largest cesspools of jackassery on the internet.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

How exactly are they cheating?

• Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think the cheating accusation is based on kicking 4channers from the game for swearing or talking in All chat. Or maybe for supposedly mass-reporting the 4chan team leader resulting in an EA temp-ban. Or for supposedly changing the rules mid-game? I'm not really sure, those are the accusations I've seen.

Regardless, reddit's team leader Konfusion is a supreme ass and should never have been allowed to run this by other redditors. I've played with him and he's a jerk in-game even when he isn't coordinating a grudge match.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    So do I really have to score kills with the underslung grenade launcher to unlock smoke rounds for the mortar? That seems lame.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »
    So do I really have to score kills with the underslung grenade launcher to unlock smoke rounds for the mortar? That seems lame.

No.

• Options
    WBM99WBM99 Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Not sure how many of you guys have seen this but I found it really cool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7wovtbcYk

Also, positive KDR FTW.

PSN: wbm99
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »

Where did you hear this?

Smoke is unlocked as soon as you get the mortar. Hit 2 and it'll launch. It also has a separate cooldown from the standard HE shells, so use it as much as you can.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    WBM99 wrote: »
    Not sure how many of you guys have seen this but I found it really cool.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr7wovtbcYk

Also, positive KDR FTW.

The sequence in the alley is gorgeous, the shot of the guy backlit by the explosion at 3:03 is amazing.

QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Not as awesome as dinosaurs but more silly.
    The tweet was from E3.
    heh.jpg

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    So I watched the recorded stream of that "match". I think maybe 4chan thought that the first two rounds were live or something.

Anyways on the kicking - 4chan was getting rocked before even 1 person was kicked for allchat and then 4chan ragequit. There could have been some shady shit but I would rather just see a re-match with no rules instead of this shit storm that is happening on reddit right now.

Regardless, reddit's team leader Konfusion is a supreme ass and should never have been allowed to run this by other redditors. I've played with him and he's a jerk in-game even when he isn't coordinating a grudge match.

This, a thousand times this.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm getting on for some Battlingfields. Need some people who aren't pubs.

nevermind

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png