As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I love the updated AK. That thing with a heavy barrel on it is total sex. Horizontal recoil isn't that big of a deal for me so I just leave the foregrip off to squeeze as much accuracy out of it as I can. Soooo gooood.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Teaser for the silenced .44 Magnum (with laser!) apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuS_7dFVmrE&feature=g-u-u

u4OkoEI.png
  • Spanish InquisitionSpanish Inquisition Suprise Posting SpainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'm going to bet that there will be an insane combo for pistols that is better than most weapons.

Spanish Inquisition on
    AKA: gottabegaming, gotta, gottabeajerk, and Mr. Wave's Point/Click Adventure.

NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! Oh bugger.
  • trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular

Soooo....Origin.

I was trying to find Back to Karkand expansion on Origin, of course living in Germany Origin insist that I can only see the German store (stupid licensing crap). On which I cannot see Back to Karkand....I can see any number of small quick-unlock packs, but no karkand. I eventually find it through the search option but there is no purchase option - it just says "you must own BF3 before you can buy this"...which is odd as I do own it and origin knows I do as it shows up as a game in my Origin list..

So I give it up for a lost cause and fire up the server browser and just for a laugh see if I can attach to a BtK server (couldn't remember if I pre-ordered or not), well it doesn't let me join, but it does give me the option to purchase BtK. "Result" thinks I, and I click on the purchase option. It takes me to my account settings, I confirm the CC details and the purchase goes ahead, I even receive the email confirmation to my account.

However, Origin client still does not register that I have purchased BtK and there is no download going on...as far as I can see it does not know about BtK. When I finish a round on the original BF3 maps though, I now see the "assignments" progress screen - that I have never seen before, so somewhere I guess some server thinks I have unlocked BtK.

Anyone had a similar experience? I have a feeling I am in for a looooong chat with Origin support before long.

McGough_EA.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If you're patched up to date, B2K is installed, even if you hadn't bought the pack yet. The only difference is some variable that determines if B2K is purchased or not.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If you're patched up to date, B2K is installed, even if you hadn't bought the pack yet. The only difference is some variable that determines if B2K is purchased or not.

Aha. ok cool, I thought perhaps the maps might need to be downloaded (weapons I assumed would already be there)

I'll give it a run then.

Cheers

EDIT
    Yup, just got on a BtK map without problems (other than my display driver crashing 2 mins into the game)
    /EDIT

trevellian on
    McGough_EA.png
    edited May 2012
    We've had some people without B2K purchased fully load a B2K map and play for a while until they got kicked (or not at all).

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    B2K maps gave me a ton of graphical issues with my Fermi card, the GTX460. Newest release drivers fixed it for me, and taking down my texture quality a notch.

• CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    I know that I am very late to the game in all this... but am I the only one completely horrified and disgusted with the game using Firefox to search for games? Half the time it won't bring the game up until I close the browser. I hate Origin so much.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Download and install Chrome, open Battlelog on it, then File -> Tools -> Create application shortcut...

Now you can have a direct shortcut to Battlelog, without having to use Firefox.

Now if you're upset because the server browser is done this way, believe me, you will learn to love it.

• KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    I know that I am very late to the game in all this... but am I the only one completely horrified and disgusted with the game using Firefox to search for games? Half the time it won't bring the game up until I close the browser. I hate Origin so much.

I know this probably isn't the fix you'd prefer but I would recommend trying it in chrome it seems to work the best for me.

GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Download and install Chrome, open Battlelog on it, then File -> Tools -> Create application shortcut...

Now you can have a direct shortcut to Battlelog, without having to use Firefox.

Now if you're upset because the server browser is done this way, believe me, you will learn to love it.

Yeah, it seems so counter-productive with battlelog being in your web browser, but it makes soooo much more sense once you get used to it.

wWuzwvJ.png
    I guess I am used to it... it just seems so clunky. Anyway... I could use some people to play with on a regular basis... my origin name: Cogliostro1980

• TwistedJesterTwistedJester Registered User regular
    Speaking of Battlelog, you guys should look into Battlelog+. It's an extension that does a few neat things like seeing player stats through the scoreboard by just mousing over their name. More importantly, it shows you the average rank of each side so you can see if the teams are ridiculously stacked before joining.

• GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    So I feel stupid asking this, but what are the differences between the shotgun ammo types? The in-game descriptions aren't the best and I'm not really sure how and when each type should be used.

• WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ganluan wrote: »
    So I feel stupid asking this, but what are the differences between the shotgun ammo types? The in-game descriptions aren't the best and I'm not really sure how and when each type should be used.

Buckshot is used for super high damage up close. More range on it than most games, but not really effective past about ten metres.
    Flechette rounds can travel through wood, thin metal and dudes. Into more dudes. It has a tighter spread and packs a pretty decent whallop at range, but still has a lower base damage than buckshot. Good for medium range shitfights. Less effective than buckshot at close range, but can plough through multiple mans. After the most recent patch, aiming down the sights decreases the spread of the pellets. Can't remember if that applies to buckshot too.
    Frag rounds are generally equipped on full/semiautomatic shotguns and employed primarily by noobs. They have no damage drop off at range, since they are explosives, but they do have a travel arc and don't pack a great punch. They suppress like fucking crazy and no-one ever in the history of ever will walk through a doorway being pounded by grenades fired from a shotgun. It is a terrifying thing to behold, in the hands of a competent player.
    Slugs are for people who don't want to play Recon but want to use a sniper rifle. Not as effective as a sniper rifle, but they can seriously ruin someone's shit. Doesn't have the obvious leeway of spread, as with buckshot and flechette, but they are dead accurate. I prefer Flechette for ranged encounters myself, almost never use slugs.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. The rest is fought with automatic grenades.

Buckshot and Flechettes become like 10% tighter when ADS'd. Frags are garbage now, slugs are good if you can land them consistently.

u4OkoEI.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Alright. It's time for Tuesday night battlefield. I want you ALL to join me in mumble (if you don't know, check the OP) and we are going to play.

I mean EVERYONE!!1one

• SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Alright. It's time for Tuesday night battlefield. I want you ALL to join me in mumble (if you don't know, check the OP) and we are going to play.

I mean EVERYONE!!1one
    Tuesday?

It's 4:20 somewhere.

u4OkoEI.png
    edited May 2012
    That_Guy is so fucking high that he's traveled through time.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    TOGSolid wrote: »

His bong hit 88mph

also @0Replace4Displace you need some learnin http://sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=307Great

iRevert on
    I sent a few friend requests from people here in the PAs. I am interested and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »

I read this before reading his actual post, which made it waaay funnier. Also I'll join back with you guys when Day Z finally stops sucking my soul out, maybe when CQ is released.

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Ok, NOW it's Tuesday. I am however done for the night. Great games guys.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Ok, NOW it's Tuesday. I am however done for the night. Great games guys.

Sorry I missed your invite bro. Again, I hate alt-tabbing to check messages on Battlelog. I wish Origin had an overlay that communicated with it. In the hectic soundscape of Metro on War Tapes, it can be hard to miss the "bleep" of a message.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    God, why I gotta fill all thes bars? Just give me all the weapon mods while I unlock all th weapons.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    The 870 with Flechette kinda feels like you're trolling the other team.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

Nah, use the dart for max trolling effectiveness.

• WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular

that is the dart.

unless you're referring to M26 Dart.

Warcry wrote: »

that is the dart.

unless you're referring to M26 Dart.

"The" Dart, aka the M26.

It's even more trollolol that it isn't a glitched weapon like the Dart, so people have less room to bitch (but they do).

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I wonder how Panama Canal would feel in BF3.

Man, I hope they bring the maps from BC2 back.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    Me and catcock are playing, y'all should join.

u4OkoEI.png
    Me and catcock are playing, y'all should join.

Gotta go to the gun store first. Will be on later.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Been off battlefield 3 for two days. 360 dudebros should shoot mans later on.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

I will shoot mans.
    Be home in an hour or so (most likely 'so').
    But you aren't allowed to shoot down my friggin helo this time, I get to crash like a big boy!
    (PS - last week that was me shooting IGLAs at you EVERY TIME I COULD SEE YOU)

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »

I will hop on later, like after the hockey game-ish.

XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Ok...I got at least and hour before the kid goes to bed. Will be on after that.

@Wolfoid...your iglas don't scare me

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    You know you liked it...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636