As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Action RPGs!?

Ok, I'm interested.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Ys games are typically action RPGs. More like Zelda than like Final Fantasy. Oath of Felghana is one of the best of the series.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Yeah, the Ys games are typically action RPGs. More like Zelda than like Final Fantasy. Oath of Felghana is one of the best of the series.

FF is considered an action rpg? It has random battles.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »

No, it isn't. He said that in being an action RPG and like Zelda, Ys is not like FF.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    The "action" part of Ys is pretty hilarious, though. You just run straight into enemies until they die.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »
    The "action" part of Ys is pretty hilarious, though. You just run straight into enemies until they die.
    Like football!

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Like football!
    But only if you are paid a bounty for hitting them. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »

No, it isn't. He said that in being an action RPG and like Zelda, Ys is not like FF.

Yes, he did. That's probably my sign that it's time for bed.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Someone needs to make a full conversion mod for Jade Empire and turn it into an Avatar the Last Airbender game.

I quite like this idea.

After beating ME3 I really really want to play through Jade Empire but I just can't bring myself to dropping the $15 on it.

I also eagerly await a Crusader Kings 2 sale.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Miracle upon miracle, I finished Bulletstorm and actually cleared a game off the ol' backlog.

Many dicks were killed. Much fun had.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    Someone needs to make a full conversion mod for Jade Empire and turn it into an Avatar the Last Airbender game.

I quite like this idea.

After beating ME3 I really really want to play through Jade Empire but I just can't bring myself to dropping the $15 on it.

I also eagerly await a Crusader Kings 2 sale.
    I wish I still had some extra copies of AP from that sale to give you :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I have played so much Burnout Paradise. 100%'d the single player and done a good amount of the multiplayer challenges. Too bad they never released all the DLC for PC. I could see myself going back to it and playing with new people.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I want motorcycles. wah, wah, etc.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Like the only motorcycles I've been successfully able to control in games is the minigames in SR3 where everything explodes around you. Because otherwise, I invariably have the motorbike explode with me on it instead

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Like the only motorcycles I've been successfully able to control in games is the minigames in SR3 where everything explodes around you. Because otherwise, I invariably have the motorbike explode with me on it instead

Your talents sound pitch perfect for a Burnout game, though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I want motorcycles. wah, wah, etc.

Burnout Paradise has motorcycles, but what you can do with them is kinda limited. You can't mix bikes and cars and you can't do bike races.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Get done from a marathon BG2 session and see @Antecanteloupe has sent me Burnout Paradise several hours ago! Gracias! Sorry for the late notice, just saw it.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Loving the thread title.

And I've missed so many pages.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I just got out of the hospital after a 3 day stay there, decide to take a nap because i'm still feeling a bit run down. Wake up to find that the great and generous Sir @Raiden333 sent me a copy of burnout paradise while I was napping. <3 Super Classy gentleman A+++ would race with again.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    If anyone wants Faerie Solitaire, apparently the dev went onto Reddit today and gave away like 8000 keys. http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/qvsml/givingaway1000copiesofourgamefaerie/?utmsource=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Oath in Felghana actually has an attack button! I think it's all the games before Ys 6 that had that unique attack system.

edit: except for Ys 3, which was a sidescroller RPG and coincidentally was remade as Oath in Felghana.

SteevL on
  • Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    If anyone wants Faerie Solitaire, apparently the dev went onto Reddit today and gave away like 8000 keys. http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/qvsml/givingaway1000copiesofourgamefaerie/?utmsource=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Some still work. Good luck and try the keys around those that were just activated by others.

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Look, if you're even thinking "hey, should I buy Burnout?" then you should buy Burnout.

You can thank me later after you've smashed up 15 opponents cars and the screen has a flaming RAMPAGE on it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    This is cool: Someone remade Icewind Dale as a mod for Neverwinter Nights 2. http://www.neverwinter.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=31

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    This is cool: Someone remade Icewind Dale as a mod for Neverwinter Nights 2. http://www.neverwinter.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=31

Based on my experience with NWN1, I'd guess I'd prefer to just play IWD in the IWD engine. That's some dedication, though.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    The dev is super super active on the steam forum and is really nice to talk to. I don't own the game and I don't know why I ended up on the steam forum for his game. I am guessing he makes another game as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Whoah, whoah. Whoah. Burnout Paradise for five smuckles on my steam?

I remember enjoying the xbox demo of some or other burnout ages back but never did get around to purchasing it.

Yoink. Come to papa.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    BarneyLBarneyL Registered User regular
    Pluff wrote: »
    I just found out that there is a game called "All Zombies Must Die!".
    Is this a joke, or did they really copy OMD name with no shame at their faces?
    They got beat twice: in 2006 and 2009.

It even goes back as far as 1991!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

Oath in Felghana actually has an attack button! I think it's all the games before Ys 6 that had that unique attack system.

edit: except for Ys 3, which was a sidescroller RPG and coincidentally was remade as Oath in Felghana.

Yeah, the more recent remakes and entries in the series have actual attack mechanics. I remember Ys III being on the SNES looooong ago, so Oath (the remake of III) allows me to actually play something I never got around to trying out back as a kid.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    My controller arrived yesterday.

It was a happy day.

I can now enjoy every game in my Steam library in the most awesome way possible.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    This is weird.

I'm installing Mass Effect 1 now. From an installer. That I ran off a CD. Which asked for my CD key. When it's done, I'll apply the patch that I downloaded from a website. Considering how used I am to just pressing the "Install" button, this feels almost like historical reenactment.

Maybe I should just buy it on Steam.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Idx86 wrote: »
    My controller arrived yesterday.

It was a happy day.

I can now enjoy every game in my Steam library in the most awesome way possible.

Mine did too! Right now it's Pyschonauts for me.

anoffday on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    This is weird.

I'm installing Mass Effect 1 now. From an installer. That I ran off a CD. Which asked for my CD key. When it's done, I'll apply the patch that I downloaded from a website. Considering how used I am to just pressing the "Install" button, this feels almost like historical reenactment.

I know right? I reinstalled ME2 just recently because I remembered I never actually finished it (because of the fucking stupid mineral scanning crap -- we lost the Mako for this bullshit?). The damn thing comes on two DVDs and I had forgotten how loud optical drives are.

It was like I time-traveled back to the 90s, man.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    http://hardcoregaming101.net/ys/ys.htm

Great resource for anyone interested in reading up a little bit on what exactly Ys is

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I still plan on getting Oath in Felghana on my PSP, but I will most likely gift the two Ys games for G&T Adventure Group in order to show support for JRPG's on Steam.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    http://hardcoregaming101.net/ys/ys.htm

Great resource for anyone interested in reading up a little bit on what exactly Ys is

OK, now I am looking forward to Ys Origin. Same engine as Oath in Felghana is fine with me.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    David_T wrote: »
    This is weird.

I know right? I reinstalled ME2 just recently because I remembered I never actually finished it (because of the fucking stupid mineral scanning crap -- we lost the Mako for this bullshit?). The damn thing comes on two DVDs and I had forgotten how loud optical drives are.

It was like I time-traveled back to the 90s, man.

You can register your ME2 CD key on Origin if you wanted to. ME1 is too old and doesn't work though.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I did. It was still faster to install from disc than download crazy gigs because I don't have mad Swedish internet and shit. Just enough to finish the last companion mission, hack the save to get mad resources, finish the stupid thing, and uninstall.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    signature.png

Royce is winner

signature.png

Handgimp won

Giving some of that classiness back

EDIT: Also big thank you to Killjoy/Raiden for gifting me Killing Floor.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Handgimp won a giveaway?

Maybe there's something to this karma idea after all...

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.