As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @HiT BiT has made another Glorious Victory

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Hyperion wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Every time I look at Steam, my resolve to not purchase Shogun 2 gets weaker.
    Give in. You were just going to waste that $7.50 anyway. Might as well waste it wrecking shop in fedual Japan.
    Shogun Crab agrees with Hyperion.
    9XuSt.png

Yes! I got a crab based on something I said! I can die happy.

That's for the heads up, Banzai. Debating on buying the rise of the Samurai DLC right now. I love the game, but I'm not in any danger of running out of stuff to play, so I don't know if I need to add even more content....

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So the CS:GO beta has achievements? Do those stick around after it ends?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Roshin wrote: »
    Cantido wrote: »
    Wait, Bard's Tale is a game? I was thinking of a Blind Guardian song.

Sure, make me feel like an old git, go on.
    tales_of_the_unknown_volume_i_the_bards_tale.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUav1R5UaG8
    In my thoughts and in my dreams
    They're always in my mind
    These songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    Come close your eyes
    You can see them, too!

That is the nerdiest song ever.
    And I love everything about it.

[NEEEERRRRD]The original is better, especially since that's just the first part! [/NEEEERRRRD]

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    So the CS:GO beta has achievements? Do those stick around after it ends?

I was wondering the same thing.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    So, Warband/mods. Currently playing
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Give in. You were just going to waste that $7.50 anyway. Might as well waste it wrecking shop in fedual Japan.

Enabler.

I thought that was the point of this thread.

Sidenote: how does DLC on Shogun 2 work? Do you play just like a stand-alone campaign, or is it integrated, or what?

Their all integrated - the Clans are just a different clan with some special things that you can chose from, like special units. The blood one adds blood, and the Rise of the Samurai is a separate Campaign.

Just saw a video of that dlc....

IT WAS AMAZING!

I'm always saying "Why are there no decapitations in Shogun 2? It's Japan!" and now they have it.

Every single game with violence that skimps out on blood should have dlc. Shit, I would buy the shit out of a more blood and gore dlc for Mount and Blade, DOW2 (Has some gore but not a lot of blood, and gory bits are rare.), Battlefield 2 (back in the day, when soldiers bled smoke) etc.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    9XuSt.png

Okay, Shogun Classy Crab eliminated all resistance I had. I'll pick it up later today.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    9XuSt.png

Okay, Shogun Classy Crab eliminated all resistance I had. I'll pick it up later today.

I'm about to cave too. What are you trying to do to us HiT?

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    It's not what he's trying to to do to us.

It's what he's trying to do for The Newell.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I would actually...really like a Revelations coupon. Or Brotherhood, having just finished II (finally). I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to do Rev first, but I'm willing to sacrifice myself for the sake of Science.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    I would actually...really like a Revelations coupon. Or Brotherhood, having just finished II (finally). I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to do Rev first, but I'm willing to sacrifice myself for the sake of Science.

You really should play Brotherhood first.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Hrm. Rome is nice this time of year.

Well, spring sale should be inbound.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I'm weak. grabbed sonic generations using that amazon $10 for 5 thing from yesterday

• Options
    HundinHundin Registered User regular
    So with all the talk about Total War series, which game would you recommend to play first? I own all the total war games but I have never played any of them. I already found out that the original shogun doesn't run very well and I scrapped that for the starting point. I do eventually want to play the original shogun but I am just not in the mood to do all the jumping through hoops to get to run.

I ask because I normally just start, well at the start of the series but after my experience with the Hitman series where every one I talked to suggested starting at codename 47. That literally ruined the series for me, after that I had zero enjoyment from the later games.

I already had a suggestion of skipping the first medieval and starting at the Rome and following the release time line. Is that a decent suggestion?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    so I got home from work to find I had 3 items in my steam inventory...

they're all Nuclear Dawn guest passes...

So uh, does anyone (or three of anyone) want to demo the game for 3 days?

also the questions on the CS:Go survey are odd... Is this something that only people who play a ton of CC would know? that said, does anyone know the right answers?

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    The good ones are Rome, Medieval II, and Shogun II. If you like the era, Napoleon isn't bad. Skip the rest.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I wonder if we'll get game appropriate Classy Crabs during major sales.

Also, many thanks to @Carbon_Fire for the gift of SPAZ. You are truly a classy gentleman!

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    9XuSt.png

@HiT BiT, are you there? I love you.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    he even got the shadow of the blade in front of the helmet... that's care

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Iolo wrote: »
    9XuSt.png

@HiT BiT, are you there? I love you.

@Iolo YOU!

I was just drive by gifted shogun. You are awesome. Thank you! I'll be up all night now. Luckily I don't work tomorrow. How'd you know? :D So classy.

And then you logged off before I could thank you.

anoffday on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    The best part about Shogun Crab is that it still has the monocle. Like, it's honor-bound to retain at least a little of its original classiness.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Shogun 2 is $23 here. Would you guys still recommend it for that price?

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Shogun 2 is $23 here. Would you guys still recommend it for that price?

I'd recommend trading with someone in the US for it. Buy them an AU$7.50 game in exchange, save cash monies. If I remember rightly, some DLC isn't available here at all so if you want it, you'll need to trade with someone anyway.

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    I apparently did something to earn SIX 50% assassins creed revelations coupons.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I apparently did something to earn SIX 50% assassins creed revelations coupons.

Aw, I only have one.

Or I should say, for some reason I have one.

These are apparently only good through April 1.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    Huh. Might pass then.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    QWCch.jpg
    I got lazy when it came time to add the text. still learning gimp after a decade of using an old version of photoshop

• Options
    I should add anybody who wants this AssRev coupon is welcome to it, I'm certainly not going to use it by April 1st if ever...seeing as I am less than halfway to finishing AssCreed 2.

• Options
    9XuSt.png

and @Iolo beat me to the punch by gifting me Shogun 2. Thanks Iolo you classy Ultima-esque guy!

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    What's with all this Crab business anyway?

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I didn't get any coupons I wonder what the criteria where? I'll try and hit some of you gents up for M&M coupons (both VI and Clash of Heroes) over the weekend.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

It's, uh, kind of a long story.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Judging by the fact AssRev is now in the top sellers on Steam and hasn't been marked down recently otherwise that I'm aware of, I guess a lot of people must be getting the coupons.

Having coupons randomly bestowed without warning by the Newell is nice, but I wish they were for a game I actually wanted.

• Options
    Weird, still no coupons.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Would you guys say Bard's Tale is spoony in any way?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular

Someone made a classy mudcrab mod for Skyrim that gave the mudcrabs little monocles and tophats. And since we're all about classy in this thread, the crab sort of became a mascot. And then people started messing with the crab, including HiT BiT, who is a master of crab editing. I'm not sure which thread has the most in-jokes and traditions on these forums, but among the ones I've read/posted in, I think the Mass Effect thread is the only one that equals or beats the Steam thread in terms of sheer number of things that have sort of grown over time into the sort of thing we see here, with crabs all over and so on.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

Someone made a classy mudcrab mod for Skyrim that gave the mudcrabs little monocles and tophats. And since we're all about classy in this thread, the crab sort of became a mascot. And then people started messing with the crab, including HiT BiT, who is a master of crab editing. I'm not sure which thread has the most in-jokes and traditions on these forums, but among the ones I've read/posted in, I think the Mass Effect thread is the only one that equals or beats the Steam thread in terms of sheer number of things that have sort of grown over time into the sort of thing we see here, with crabs all over and so on.

Long story but short links: Genesis, leading to this and very quickly to this.

And now it's classy crabs all the way down.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Maaan. I remember there was a time where our motto WASN'T "We serve the newell"

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    I already have Revelations so if anyone wants my coupons, just drop me a line on steam. I have 2 apparently.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    Maaan. I remember there was a time where our motto WASN'T "We serve the newell"

Heretic!

This discussion has been closed.