As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

books

19495969798100»

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    My buddy just told me about the book the last policeman, where the premise is a guy investigating a murder, in a world where an earth destroying asteroid is 6 months away. And I am damn, that is a goddamn premise

did he like it

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    He's in the middle of it, but he says that it delivers on the premise

• freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    Started This Book is Full of Spiders. I'm liking it so far, it delivers on the promise of more John Dies at the End, and it's hitting that fine horror-comedy line where you're laughing but parts of it are still legitimately creepy. I'm not sure I'm crazy about how it switches between first person for Dave's parts and third person omniscient when the focus is on the other characters, but it is nice to be able to see things from a perspective that isn't strictly Dave's.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Started This Book is Full of Spiders. I'm liking it so far, it delivers on the promise of more John Dies at the End, and it's hitting that fine horror-comedy line where you're laughing but parts of it are still legitimately creepy. I'm not sure I'm crazy about how it switches between first person for Dave's parts and third person omniscient when the focus is on the other characters, but it is nice to be able to see things from a perspective that isn't strictly Dave's.

I just started it myself and I mostly feel the same way
    Mostly I just like how he is pretty clearly having fun writing it and thus it's a fun read, even the horrific stuff

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I have never posted in this thread but I just started reading The Palace Job and Taky thanked the Writer's Block forum which I thought was super classy!

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    cabsy wrote: »
    I have the regular plain jane cheapest possible kindle and I really like it, especially that it's small and light enough to just constantly keep it in my purse so if I have to wait for something unexpectedly I still have my book available to me. The only negative I can think of is that it has to be charged so infrequently that I accidentally packed my kindle charger into storage when we moved and now I'll have to sort through all my shit to find it. I've had it five months and I've had to do a single hard reset because it froze up.

if you have a cellphone with a USB charger you can use that cord instead

same plug

My cell actually has some kind of weird oversized wide charger instead of a proper kindle-size charger but I just stole my dad's and then it turned out that mine had been packed in with the PS Vita that I don't know why we own, so it all worked out in the end after all.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

That's good to hear, I was planning on picking it up soon.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    @Dead Legend I just got the new Monster Hunter book at my library. I didn't know if you knew it was out yet.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Yes I have read it and it's just as nuts as the others

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'm hoping I like it, the only one I've read is Monster Hunter Alpha and I guess this new one has a different narrator, who's the same guy as the first two?

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    yes in all honesty i enjoyed alpha the most

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I just started it myself and I mostly feel the same way
    Mostly I just like how he is pretty clearly having fun writing it and thus it's a fun read, even the horrific stuff

i really wish he'd write the third book already

i read the original versions of JDATE and This Book (back when it was john and dave at the temple of whatever) online ages ago

i want the new one dammit

i want new stories about soy sauce

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    It's been a long time since I read John and Dave and the Temple of Whatever but I can see elements of it popping up in this one
    Just enough that I have a vaguely unsettling sense of deja vu as I'm reading

This discussion has been closed.