As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Streaming music to 360

mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
OK so evidently I am either a moron or just terrible at searching for things.

Trying to set up music streaming to my 360, ideally without having to use any of Microsoft's media crap. I have tried with the Media Center extender thing, but whenever I start it on 360 it must run at a non HD resolution because it doesn't play nice with a VGA connection so I can't get the key. Tried just sharing my music folder with my home network, 360 can see my PC but not any files.

Is there some other way to do this?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
mere_immortal on

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I used to use TVersity and it worked pretty well. I haven't used it in a couple of years, though.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Tversity works, yeah.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Conroy BumpasConroy Bumpas Registered User regular
    that media extender gave me no end of woe. i know you wanted to avoid win stuff. but i found the easyest way. any windo media player 10 and after.

stick all you music in my music of what ever you want to call it. have this file shared. (mabe not essential, but helped with ps3 streaming) all all your music to windows media player libry. on libry down arrow menu click media shareing. your xbox etc should show up there. tick all the shareing boxes etc. and you should be away.

also sometimes farewalls cause problems with media shareing.

Please note I cannot be held responsible for any mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, karma, dharma, metaphysical, religious, philosophical, Logical , Ethical, Aesthetical, or financial damage caused by this post
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Got it working through WMP.

Thanks!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Got it working through WMP.

Thanks!

Was gonna post a tutorial for this method. Fuck the media center. Fuck Tversity. WMP allows direct sharing to your 360 without any convoluted UI or long load times. It becomes a tad more difficult to set up with Windows 7 in my opinion, but it's great for music, movies, pictures, etc.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment