As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia] Resonance Memorial Thread

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Mass Effect?

More like Ass Defect, am I right?

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    Please donate money to the Cleft Butt-hole program. Millions of people shit side-ways everyday, and only you can get their shit straight.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    You kids an your Mass Effects

feh
    feh i say

Mass Effehct

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Please donate money to the Cleft Butt-hole program. Millions of people shit side-ways everyday, and only you can get their shit straight.

Well now I can't stop laughing.

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Lilac - 1 - Air
    Jerboa Bloodkin Pathfinder [Flatland Combat Training]
    Inventory: Leather Armor, Spear, Knife, Sling
    (The Archer) (Boost: 3) (Rank 1)

Lilac scowls. Visions. She hates visions. Nonsensical, overlong visions that taste wrong, even moreso.

Indiscriminately grumbling as she walks, in much the same way a similarly short and hairy, but more axe-wielding and alcoholically inclined, race might sing 'hi-ho", she roams down the tunnel alighted by the suspiciously helpful vein of blue incandescence.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Finally finished Mass Effect.

It was

Uh

Hmm...

It was...an ending, I guess?

Will post in Wanderer tonight to improve my spirits. I would also appreciate some Resonance updates maybe?

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

It was

Uh

Hmm...

Will post in Wanderer tonight to improve my spirits. I would also appreciate some Resonance updates maybe?

mass effect 3 ending spoilers don't click
    Let's be honest here

calling it an ending is giving it more credit than it's due

• Options
    edited March 2012

It was

Uh

Hmm...

Let's be honest here

Ending spoilers:
    Well, I mean, it's more of an ending than what I got in FFXIII-2.

But yeah, it's about as phoned in as Deus Ex:HR's "endings," which is a shame considering how phenomenal the rest of the game is.

And I'm gonna stop myself from talking about it anymore in this thread. If you want to discuss it with me some more, Speed (or anyone, really), send me a PM. I'll be happy to talk about it there.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

It was

Uh

Hmm...

Let's be honest here

Ending spoilers:
    Well, I mean, it's more of an ending than what I got in FFXIII-2.

But yeah, it's about as phoned in as Deus Ex:HR's "endings," which is a shame considering how phenomenal the rest of the game is.

And I'm gonna stop myself from talking about it anymore in this thread. If you want to discuss it with me some more, Speed (or anyone, really), send me a PM. I'll be happy to talk about it there.

yeah no point filling this thread up with it, we'll dish about it on mori's podcast

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I've been ignoring just about everything, while playing this game. I'll try to put together an indigo post sometime today.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Also, as of Saturday, I'm now 32.

Anyone younger than 25 may now commence with "old person" joke bombardment.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'd love to get in on any discourse you have, Stilts and Speed

I have opinions that need to be developed in conversation

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    jesus christ why don't you just go out on your long walk already into the Cursed Earth

• Options
    [Rimair] - 3
    [ Light ][(Human) (Valkyrie)]
    [The Knight][Boost: 3][Rank 1]
    [Inventory: Battle Frame, magitek railgun w/ bayonet, 3 magitek shells (1 fireburst, 1 ball lightning), clear glaive (light-infused), heavy machine gun grenades, 1200 Atman]

Rimair sprints over to Azar and--still using the machine gun--shoots any monsters still trying to pin her down.

"Sister! Are you hurt?" she shouts.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    Also, as of Saturday, I'm now 32.

Anyone younger than 25 may now commence with "old person" joke bombardment.

something something send you out to sea on a chunk of ice something something

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Can you link your old podcasts? I kinda want to hear them

• Options
    Can you link your old podcasts? I kinda want to hear them

Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episodes 3 & 4
    Episode 5

I'd just like to point out that Episode 4 is hosted by me.

So obviously it is the best one.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    blargh

• Options
    You guys been talking about ME3's ending behind my back?!? That just won't do.

Wanna see your opinions about things.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Dux wrote: »

It is my opinion that these are things you should do in your games leading up to the third one
    the following is actually a checklist of sorts towards one of the best moments in the games:
    Collect the Asari matriarch writings, purchase the elkoss combine licence on noveria, help the weapon modder on feros, get that one girl out of Choras' Den and keep Conrad Verner from getting his fool ass killed

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Dux wrote: »

It is my opinion that these are things you should do in your games leading up to the third one
    the following is actually a checklist of sorts towards one of the best moments in the games:
    Collect the Asari matriarch writings, purchase the elkoss combine licence on noveria, help the weapon modder on feros, get that one girl out of Choras' Den and keep Conrad Verner from getting his fool ass killed

Done all of that shit.

Boss.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Mal Carne
    [Chef][Capoeirista][Charming]
    [Calamitous][Chivalrous][Carnal]

The Corpse of Mal Carne lies there.

[RSNC](Gin Mei)
    [Graceful Cat (Time) ][Stylish][Hacker]
    [i: Harmonic Mind gi, Explosive shurikens, Clear Goggles, FlexTablet]

Gin pops up and does a smooth spin move on his right foot and stops in a double finger pistols pose. "Alright alright alright alright, it's time. Let's give this aliens a proper welcome, ya'know. Where they boarding us at? Specifically. "

[Marquis aka Da Biz] - 5 - Darkness
    Mechana: [Boombox] Focus Model
    Inventory: 600 atman
    The Dancer (Boost: 3)(Rank 1)

Marquis feels a little silly he wasted all his sweet disses on the swarm outside instead of saving them for the entity that could actually comprehend them, so he just charges forward chopper blade in each hand. Also he's blaring, uh, this music I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKtG3UxscZg

Makai & Iktomi
    [Perceptive 1/2][Ninja 3/3] & [Swift 1/2][Trickster 3/3]
    Houndour: [Fierce 2/2][?????? 1/1]
    Volt: 1; Exp: 2

By the time the rest of the group gets to breakfast, Makai is already done with his first helping and digging into his next course. Tiny bits a honeyed ham and eggs are strewn about. It appears the ninja is a voracious if somewhat messy eater. At the teen's feet, Fenrir the Houndour is chomping on something he killed earlier. From the look of it, it used to be something small, fluffy and defenseless.

"So," he doesn't stop eating to talk "Where do you..-ChewChewChew think we should go?" he takes a quick sip of juice before diving back into break fast "I'm personally-ChewChewChew-curious about the next town."

[Brother Samedi] [Fregdup] H: [Yen] [] []
    27/27 1/10 8/15 4/15 0/0 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/20 1/1 0/0 Auto: On
    [Smoothsayer][???][???][Shadow Magic]
    i:[Slick Suit (w/Flower)

Samedi continues doing that think he did in that last update. What with the shadow magic, and the mind wiping.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
  • Options
    Azar Javed
    [ Fire ][Nocturne][Valkyrie]
    [The Berserker][Boost: 3][Rank 1][Merit Points: 3]
    Inventory: Battle Frame, Magitek Autocannon /w Bayonet, Light Machine-gun, Clear Claymore (Fire) 1000 Atman

"Don't worry, Rimair. It'll take more than a few frisky bugs to take me down," she says, switching back to the Autocannon and firing it until it can fire no more.

"Your concern's been noted, though."

• Options
    Shabooty wrote: »
    damnnnnn neo

TASTE THE RAINBOW bitches
    In the world of Hexx, making out with someone from each district is called "tasting the rainbow"

• Options
    damnnnnn neo

In the world of Hexx, making out with someone from each district is called "tasting the rainbow"

Samedi's goal in life.

You ain't a real man until you've tasted the rainbow.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    And preporation for shade is done. After one false start this game is ready to go. Recruitment Below!
    No one really remembers much about the Eclipse, only that when it happened, our world changed. They took the sun from us. They took its warmth, and it’s light. Everyday we strive for survival against creatures awakened. Creatures of darkness, that grows and feed off the dark. It’s been twenty years since they arrived, and not many of us are left. Those that are left cling to the remaining light for survival.

This is
    JustHaveFun.png
    Shade is a post-apocalyptic game set in a world consumed by darkness. The only light comes from the flashlight at your side. The remaining survivors are hunted by Darklings, creatures of shadow that wish to extinguish the remaining light.
    You are a survivor of the Eclipse, and have lived your entire life without seeing the sun. You scavenge what’s left of the world looking for the tools you need to survive the darkling attacks.

Character creation

[Name] 15/15
    [Major] [Minor] [Minor]
    [ ]

[Points]-You begin with 15 grey points, which can be used to help you in combat, or to make a reveal. These work in the same way as other [100%] stats work.

[Traits]- Traits are the defining characteristic of your character; it lists what your job is in the colony. Such as [Scavenger] [Medic] or [Hunter]. These will determine how hard rolls will be for you, and define your character.

[Inventory] Your inventory is your tools of survival. In the beginning it will be limited to the clothes on your back and your weapon of choice. Depending on the weapon it may cost points. Each person also starts with 3 glowsticks.
    The game needs 5 people to start, if more sign up I will have to choose who stays.

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    damnnnnn neo

if you're inside someone else while "tasting the rainbow" it's called "finding the lucky pot of gold"

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I almost got pulled into an internet argument. Almost.

Kill me now and burn the corpse, so the disease doesn't spread.

• Options
    Yo @Dubh, you down to chat a bit?

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    damnnnnn neo

if you're inside someone else while "tasting the rainbow" it's called "finding the lucky pot of gold"

:^:

• Options
    @Dux

Yeah. I don't know what my internet is doing. We'll chat when it decides to work again. Didn't want to bail on you. :(

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    @Dux

Yeah. I don't know what my internet is doing. We'll chat when it decides to work again. Didn't want to bail on you. :(
    No big, girl.

• Options
    Anyway, might as well go to bed. Speak to you later, Dubh.

• Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    The glowing vein leads through winding tunnels and vast caverns, during which the cave group encounters no resistance. In the silence, however, they can hear the faintest sound of clicking just past the stone, indication of more Drones on the move.

When they reach the end of the trail, they find themselves in a chamber far too large to be natural. Sections of rock are reinforced by scrap metal pillars and moorings, while discarded tools and rusted parts indicate that this place used to be a giant garage or workshop.

What takes up the majority of the space is something that leaves Areja wide-eyed and confused. “That’s impossible,” she mutters as she rolls her Gyroscope into the chamber.

A giant wheeled vehicle sits in quiet reverence at the far end of the room. The exact details of its shape are difficult to make out, however, past the glowing green-blue dome of light that surrounds it.

“The Caravan,” she continues. “They’re transports designed to carry groups of settlers into the worst of conditions and provide them everything necessary for survival. Finding the remains of one is rare enough, but this one’s shield is still up. It’s still running.”

She moves a little further forward, and the room comes to life. Networks of veins in the rock and metal flicker, and something attached to the Caravan’s shield rises up in the building light. To describe it as anything other than lightning taking on the form of a living creature would be folly, because that’s exactly what it was. A huge body similar to a drone’s shifts and moves, covered in thick armored plates held together by tethers of energy, reflecting the light off their polished faces. Mandibles big enough to snap a person in half slam together in a blast of sparks, while six arms wielding gleaming metal blades dig into and through the stone floor as the giant insect pulls itself up. While not as big as the Geodrake, it’s still fairly large, at least 30’ of space from the floor to its head.

Kneel, Others, for you stand before the Swarm.

The pressure that washes out from those words, the roar of thunder mixed with the power of lightning, is nearly too much to bear. The huge creature’s back end pulses, a traveling pattern of light moving through it and to the shield, where part of it seems to be attached.

Our curiosity brought you before us, and now we are satisfied. You carry the mark of those like us, and will prove useful subjects. Surrender yourselves to the glory.

With their eyes fixated on the ground, the group at the settlement barely has time to notice as something breaks the cloud cover above and dives in at them. Metal-veined wings buzz, attached to a wasp-like body sporting eight legs. Wrapped between those limbs are lengths of electric blue cord, a solidified version of the same gel which courses through the bodies of every insect they’ve fought so far.

The flier dives, making a horrendous buzzing noise as it crashes into Rimair. Her suit hums, pumping energy through synthetic muscle to increase her resistance, but it proves meaningless as she realizes that it’s not attacking. No, it’s going fishing. The cords are as sticky as any spider web, wrapping her blade, gun and arms as her captor launches skyward and across the settlement, dragging her the whole way before reaching the apex of its dive and preparing to propel itself out and over the walls.

Azar already has her shot lined up, ready to blow the flier apart.

Affinity Check= Electricity (+10% Chance)

A thick chitin-covered hand grabs the back of the Valkyrie’s neck. There’s no chance to resist before every muscle in her body starts seizing as lethal levels of current are sent into her.

Do not interfere; your turn will come soon.

Her attacker is an 8’ humanoid covered from head to toe in a suit of armor made from the same polished metal that composes of the rest of the Swarm. There is a bright glaring light coming from the two eyeholes of its suit, and the voice that is not a voice comes out slightly muted, as if spoken from a great distance away. Considering its size, it must have arrived by riding the flier inside for it to have snuck up on her.

The rest of her impression about it is blown away as it lifts a fist crackling with energy and punches her clean in the face. Her suit shudders as it absorbs the blow, as least partially, but she’s still hurled a dozen feet away and through the wall of a shack, bringing the whole rusted structure down on top of her.

Right as the flier prepares to rise from its dive, its wings shatter and it goes into a mad spin, smashing into the settlement wall with a crunch. Up above, Cinnyris adjusts the frequency of his instrument and continues playing what may be his finest performance to date.

Still wrapped in sticky threading and surrounded by the crumpled body of her would-be captor, Rimair struggles to free herself. As she does, her hand touches a sparking patch of blue gel…

The parlor was warm, heated by the fireplace at the far wall. Manuel shifted uncomfortably in his plush seat, staring at the man across from him.

Sitting in a similar, the near-duplicate of the young man smiled and sipped from his mug. “So, we finally meet,” he said. “For the sake of simplicity, you can call me Oscar. I’m willing to accept your middle name as my own, for the time being.”

Manuel’s eyes trailed down to the table between them. The smell from the pot of fresh-brewed coffee turned his stomach, as he never approved of the stuff very much. “So you’re supposed to be me?”

“Am I?” Oscar asked, taking another sip. “I thought the whole point of this exercise was to determine just what kind of man you are.”

The words told to him earlier flickered through Manuel’s head: no harm could come to him, this was entirely safe. Still, what does one say to themselves? “H…how about we…talk about…”

Oscar smiled softly as his visitor’s stammered sentence ended with a half-hearted whimper. “Since you’re not sure where to start the conversation, how about I start? Remember in ninth grade when you got the shit beaten out of you by those guys a couple neighborhoods over? They left you in a gutter with a broken arm and two busted ribs on your left side.”

Long-buried memories dug to the surface, a bright flash of humiliation and agony in equal doses. Manuel grimaced and clenched the fingers of his right hand tight, the knuckles whitening.

“That’s the same look you had on your face when you woke up in the hospital,” Oscar teased. “Poor Gram had a heart attack when she got that call, too, huh? Lucky she lived through it. Do you still blame yourself for that?”

Coffee splashed across the rich red carper as the table was flipped aside. In a few seconds Manuel had his doppelganger by the front of his cotton robe, snarling right in the face of the unafraid Oscar.

Seemingly unconcerned, Oscar kept talking even as he was wrenched to his feet. The room was getting uncomfortably warm now, the fireplace spitting sparks and embers against the carpet.

Manuel barely noticed the heat, shaking the demon wearing his face. “Shut your mouth!”

Oscar’s only reply was to bring his arms up and, with remarkable ease, knock away the hands gripping his robe. “It seems our time is about to come to end, as much as I wanted to talk more,” he said, looking perturbed. “Oh well, I’m quite sure we’ll meet again. Until then, Manuel, don’t let that fire die down again.”

The world shimmered and buzzed, coming apart at the seams as the study dissolved…

Rimair pulls herself free as the last of the vision passes through her head. There’s little time to question what it might be, though, as she sees several more fliers passing overhead. They don’t dive, instead hovering overhead for a few seconds before retreating back towards the hill.

The only explanation needed comes as several more of the chitin-armored humanoids plummet through the sky and come crashing down amidst the settlement. One arrives nearly in front of the Valkyrie, knees bending as it lands in a crouch. Without giving her more than enough time to recover from the blast of dirt caused by its landing, the first of many new arrivals springs from its crouch into a dive towards her.

Still observing the battlefield, Evan notices that the Brutes and Drones seem to be lightening up their attack, until eventually the entire sea has calmed. For now they wait, dead metallic eyes focused towards the walls of the settlement.

• Options
    Antimatter you have done what I thought was impossible. You have made me interested in transformers.

Also Oh snap this guy feels like a Zelda or Metroid boss

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Antimatter you have done what I thought was impossible. You have made me interested in transformers.

Also Oh snap this guy feels like a Zelda or Metroid boss
    hahahahahaha YES
    (did you see the preview for the newest issue i put on my facebook wall?)

Antimatter on
  • Options
    I will now. Damnit

• Options
    423284_199700696803141_894777042_n.jpg
    good, good.

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    Lilac - 1 - Air
    Jerboa Bloodkin Pathfinder [Flatland Combat Training]
    Inventory: Leather Armor, Spear, Knife, Sling
    (The Archer) (Boost: 3) (Rank 1)

"Surrender, huh?" Lilac says, shouldering her spear. "What's in it for me? And don't insult the both of us by saying some shit like 'not dying'. I'm in no mood after this particular runaround."

This discussion has been closed.