Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in Games and Technology
i hear its pretty good. i wouldn't know, it hasnt arrived yet and you are all too busy playing to make a new thread about it for me peer at like a starving child in a candy shop window.

edit: -Tal op is in the house!
cerberuslogo.png
unledpev.png
Mass Effect Wiki - N7 Collector’s Edition - Suicide Mission Guide - Import Saves - Face Codes

300pxme3logo.png
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth. Available March 6, 2012 on PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3.

List of Origin/XBL/PSN names here! (Join here!)

Join the Steam group!

Xbox Metatag = PennyA ME3

ashleyp.jpg garrus.jpg vegab.jpg
kaidan.jpg liara.jpg tali.jpg

ME3 Videos
Normandy Tour 2 - Normandy Tour - Hijacking an Atlas - Palaven Gameplay - Live Action Trailer - Mars Gameplay - Galaxy Map - CG Trailer - FemShep Trailer - Ruthless and Intelligent Enemies - Adrenaline-Pumping Gameplay - Integrated Storytelling - Customizable Arsenal - Voice Cast - Multiplayer Trailer - James Vega - Tuchanka Gameplay - Squad Leader Gameplay - E3 Trailer - Earth Demo - Sur'Kesh Demo - Reaper Base Demo - Kinect Demo

More Mass Effect

Games!
200pxmasseffectoriginal.jpg masseffectgalaxylogo.jpg 200pxfinalboxartme2.jpg

Comics!
180pxmasseffectredempti.jpg 180pxmasseffectevolutio.png 180pxmasseffectinvasion.jpg 73322203.png
200pxme2aria.png 43458948.png vegat.png

Books!
230pxmerevelation.jpg 190pxmeascension.jpg 190pxmeretributioncover.jpg 190pxmasseffectdeceptio.png

A motion picture! + An anime!

Community Sundries

TychoCelchuuu has been kind enough to provide peeks at Commander Shepard's facebook page:
one two three | FOUR! FIVE!!

GoodKingJayIII provided the following way to skip much of the introduction:
Spoiler:

korodullin has kindly offered some R&R with a wonderful game of bingo!
Spoiler:

curly haired boy has been kind enough to provide us a brief history of Mass Effect:
Spoiler:

Dox the PI converted the Grinch who stole christmas into
Spoiler:

Bobble Mad wrote an ode to the death of Batarians to the tune of Gilbert and Sullivan
Spoiler:

curly haired boy strikes back with awesome wallpapers taken from the game:
Orca has kindly complied all of the shamelessly awful pictures posted in this thread.

Orca explains how to transfer ME1 to Origin:
Spoiler:

830pxinterrupticons.png

Post edited by Deaderinred on

Comments

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Hey @Deaderinred

You're right, it's pretty good.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • ShimshaiShimshai Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Love the OP. Edit: Oh, now I love it.

Still bummed that I don't know when I'll be able to get this game.

Post edited by Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I don't even want to post here without the previous OP in place. Booooooo.

Also, I really need to play the single-player. I spent most of yesterday playing multi-player and my wife is getting mad at me. "I want to talk about the single-player but I don't want to spoil any of it for you. Hurry up and play the damn single-player!"

I've been yelling at her for a month to hurry up and finish Saints Row the Third so I can talk to her about that. But oh no, now I'm the bad guy.

Women, am I right fellas?

Post edited by Shadowfire on
    steam_sig.png
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    About the 5000 points and the ending, since there's confusion: You can get the "best" ending without getting that many points. But you get a small extra cutscene (VERY SMALL) if you get that many points.

Here is a spoilery link about what the endings do and how to get them: SPOILERS AHOY

3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah. Registered User regular
    The Falcon and the Javelin are sooooooooooooooooooo good.

So good.

Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Registered User regular
    Sneakman wrote:
    What's a shame is that you can actually get repeats of the rares.
    This is the worst part of the booster pack model. I don't mind having random unlocks, but don't let me unlock the same thing twice!

Looks like someone never played Magic: The Gathering or collected baseball cards before!

Skull2185 wrote: »
    Basically, (PlayStation) Home is Second Life Ultra Light? Most of the cool stuff, none of the creepy blimp on blimp fucking.
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I know we're all excited about 'new' and 'shiny' stuff, but sometimes we must remember our traditions and their value. Important things must be posted on page 1.

Like Quads.

Post edited by Bobble on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter Registered User regular
    I just want to comment on the "why anyone would be upset about the required multiplayer"

Now I'm not super upset but it's super inconvenient. I don't have a gold account. So I have to make use of the two day pass they gave (and if they didn't give that it would be SUPER bullshit). Now this is inconvenient because I have to wait until later in the game (because readiness can decay? wtf? why?) and make sure that I use it during a 2 day span where I can definitely play enough to get readiness to where it needs to be.

So, really, the multiplayer shouldn't have any bearing on the single player game. It's pretty retarded.

archer2.png
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    had to hunt down an unlocked thread for that op.

still don't have the game. :|

Post edited by Deaderinred on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Registered User regular
    Sneakman wrote:
    What's a shame is that you can actually get repeats of the rares.
    This is the worst part of the booster pack model. I don't mind having random unlocks, but don't let me unlock the same thing twice!

Looks like someone never played Magic: The Gathering or collected baseball cards before!

More like "looks like someone stopped playing Magic for a reason." :P

And I'm with him. I'd rather have the option to pay 100k credits for an unlock pack for a particular race/class and some related gear. I just want my Salarian Infiltrator. Until then I have to ChargePunchNova all day long. This is Bioware's fault!

steam_sig.png
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    I would chargepunchnova anyways

I'm addicted to MP

eahenryii wrote: »

i've resorted to reading your posts in William Shatner's voice.

I am now using the Christopher Walken voice.
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Harrisonburg, VARegistered User regular
    IGN says there's a special ending unlocked in NG+. Anyone else have problems believing this?

• jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    So has anyone talked about how Newegg shipped Madden 2012 instead of ME3? 'cause they did, and it's not awesome.
    We’re contacting you today regarding your recent purchase of the Mass Effect 3 Xbox 360 game. It appears there may have been an error when fulfilling and shipping your order. We’ve received reports that some customers may have received Madden NFL 2012 Xbox 360 instead of the intended product.

To correct this error, a Customer Service Representative will be contacting you at the phone number provided by you within your account to arrange an advanced replacement, if necessary. The Representative will also arrange an RMA with a prepaid return shipping label. Please note that when arranging advanced returns, we do require a credit card number to be on file in the event the originally-shipped product is not returned. Please expect this call within the next 2 to 3 business days; of course, you may contact Newegg customer support earlier as well if you wish.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. As a courtesy, your advanced replacement game will be shipped via overnight delivery at no additional cost to you in the hope that you receive your game as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,
    Newegg Customer Support

But as a consolation, I watched a few more episodes of Game of Thrones last night, so I have that going for me. The commentaries are pretty great.

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah. Registered User regular
    IGN says there's a special ending unlocked in NG+. Anyone else have problems believing this?

I do.

But I will have to check!

Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular

Pretty sure there isn't.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So lets talk Space Hitler.
    MIDGAME AHMAHGAWD SPOILERS JEEZE
    Spoiler:

Post edited by Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    Didn't they also say there was a volus biotic playable in multiplayer through some kind of unlock?

edited March 2012
    Basil wrote: »
    So lets talk Space Hitler.
    MIDGAME AHMAHGAWD SPOILERS JEEZE
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Post edited by CaptainNemo on
    Raoul Duke wrote:

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I just want to comment on the "why anyone would be upset about the required multiplayer"

Now I'm not super upset but it's super inconvenient. I don't have a gold account. So I have to make use of the two day pass they gave (and if they didn't give that it would be SUPER bullshit). Now this is inconvenient because I have to wait until later in the game (because readiness can decay? wtf? why?) and make sure that I use it during a 2 day span where I can definitely play enough to get readiness to where it needs to be.

So, really, the multiplayer shouldn't have any bearing on the single player game. It's pretty retarded.

Isn't there some free iOS app that is supposed to contribute to this score? I have no idea how that works (maybe not repeatable), but maybe that could be used in lieu of multiplayer?

Post edited by Warlock82 on
    Nintendo Network ID: Warlock
    3DS Friend Code: 4983-4927-6699
    Steam ID: warlock82

WarlockSoL.jpg
    Klyka wrote: »

Pretty sure there isn't.
    Especially since people have watched all the video files of the endings packed with the game, and you can get any of them by playing a first runthrough.

Pretty sure there isn't.
    Especially since people have watched all the video files of the endings packed with the game, and you can get any of them by playing a first runthrough.

Of course the secret ending could be completely rendered in-engine......naaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    It's Master Chief and Shepard making sweet, sweaty cybernetic supersoldier love.

Raoul Duke wrote:

I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

More like "looks like someone stopped playing Magic for a reason." :P

And I'm with him. I'd rather have the option to pay 100k credits for an unlock pack for a particular race/class and some related gear. I just want my Salarian Infiltrator. Until then I have to ChargePunchNova all day long. This is Bioware's fault!

Wish we could trade race/class combos...I'm dying to get my asari adept back, and all I got are a worthless krogan soldier, quarian infiltrator, AND a salarian infiltrator. Le sigh...guess I'm stuck spamming singularity/warp/shockwave >.<

| Origin: Ein7919 | FFXIV: Aetulia Spinoza (on Sargatanas) |
    edited March 2012
    So here's my endings thoughts:
    Spoiler:

Post edited by SniperGuy on
    Steam Profile
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    On PC, how much of my save data is local? If I log in on my buddy's laptop, would I be able to access my multiplayer characters and add to my readiness?

Bobble wrote: »
    On PC, how much of my save data is local? If I log in on my buddy's laptop, would I be able to access my multiplayer characters and add to my readiness?

So far it appears every save is in the cloud for me...

Basically, (PlayStation) Home is Second Life Ultra Light? Most of the cool stuff, none of the creepy blimp on blimp fucking.
  • FairchildFairchild Neutralizing hostiles. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    You'd be giving your position away to the Reapers if you did that.

Post edited by Fairchild on
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    Minor non-story Geth mission spoilers:
    Spoiler:

Has anyone that ordered on Origin received their BF3 code yet?

Steam Profile
  • RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So I beat the game.

It was pretty awesome.
    Spoiler:

Post edited by RT800 on
  • FairchildFairchild Neutralizing hostiles. Registered User regular
    Minor non-story Geth mission spoilers:
    Spoiler:

You didn't accidentally modify it by attaching a scope, perhaps ?

• BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    Honestly, the ending leaves so many questions open:
    Spoiler:

bethryn.png
    SniperGuy wrote: »

BF3 code?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Registered User regular

I have not, and it's very unfortunate--I was hoping to give it to one of my friends so that she could relish in the glory of shooting mans with various automatic weaponry. Additionally, even though the pre-order bonus only lasted two days, it was also stated to be a retroactive promotion (namely, people who pre-ordered before the promotion was announced would also get it)...and I pre-ordered back in the tail-end of January.

| Origin: Ein7919 | FFXIV: Aetulia Spinoza (on Sargatanas) |
  • RizziRizzi Registered User regular
    Just played a bit of the multiplayer. Would very much appreciate an option to find matches with people in my region though.
    Stutterin' all up in this bitch.

BF3 code?
    If you preordered using Origin before a certain date (When they pulled the promotional deal without any warning) you're supposed to get BF3 for free. It's also supposed to be nontransferrable, but if it's a code it probably will be anyway. The problem is that as far as I can tell no one has received one yet, and it's supposed to be sent out when the game released. The email I got said the 8th at the latest, but it's the 8th now, and I haven't gotten a thing. Gonna try Origin support and see if they have any word.

After that ending, I need to shoot mans to recover. Because damn.

Steam Profile
    and no goddamn payback for those airquotes, either!

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but I've noticed a lot of NPC's in places like the citadel or other places giving air quotes to each other. Seriously, keep an eye out.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Also I was unaware of this "multiplayer effects galactic readiness and influences the ending" thing.

I pretty much hate to see multiplayer effect the single-player game in any way whatsoever, considering it's been a single-player game to this point.

Post edited by RT800 on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »

Isn't there some free iOS app that is supposed to contribute to this score? I have no idea how that works (maybe not repeatable), but maybe that could be used in lieu of multiplayer?

That would require some sort of iOS device :P

archer2.png
This discussion has been closed.