As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »
    The canon ending should just be Shepard having gay sex with everyone.

This game wasn't made by a german company for a german audience, that wouldn't go over all too well :P

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    So i was near the end of the game on my manshep adept playthru. Then befor efinishing i've decided to restart as femshep vanguard

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Is there an installation option somewhere for the PS3 version? I hate how often this thing has to read the disc. I could cut way down on frame rate issues if I could install it.

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Jephery wrote: »
    Those kind of epilogues always seemed corny and kind of lazy to me.

Not having it is even lazier!

No it isn't. It's a design choice, nothing more. The story is over, I don't care who died when doing what afterwards.

You've contradicted your original statement now. The text epilogue isn't lazy, its a design choice.

Things can be lazy and be a design choice.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    So i was near the end of the game on my manshep adept playthru. Then befor efinishing i've decided to restart as femshep vanguard

Never finish the game and you shall remain untainted for all eternity.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Friends don't let friends finish Mass Effect 3.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular

No it isn't. It's a design choice, nothing more. The story is over, I don't care who died when doing what afterwards.

You've contradicted your original statement now. The text dialogue isn't lazy, its a design choice.

Look at the last two words in my statement.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

I do. I want to see Wrex demanding a colony world (after Eve talking him down from a whole cluster) for the krogan, and the turian councillor backing him. I want to see a few Geth Primes with Admirals Koris, Xen, Gerrel, and Tali (with Garrus if you romanced neither) planning the construction of Rannoch's capital city. I want to see Palaven, Thessia, and Earth being rebuilt. I want there to be a ceremony for Shepard. After investing a hundred hours in all three games for each playthrough, I think that sort of epilogue is warranted.

• Options

I do. I want to see Wrex demanding a colony world (after Eve talking him down from a whole cluster) for the krogan, and the turian councillor backing him. I want to see a few Geth Primes with Admirals Koris, Xen, Gerrel, and Tali (with Garrus if you romanced neither) planning the construction of Rannoch's capital city. I want to see Palaven, Thessia, and Earth being rebuilt. I want there to be a ceremony for Shepard. After investing a hundred hours in all three games for each playthrough, I think that sort of epilogue is warranted.

Understandable. But I don't really like it when endings go into stuff like that, you start to get into that RotK syndrome where the ending just keeps going and going and going.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

I honestly don't understand the logic of "welp the story is over! Who cares about closure!".

But then again, the current trend in just shit-tons of movies is to just suddenly end it as well, so maybe I'm the one who's out of touch.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited March 2012

You've contradicted your original statement now. The text dialogue isn't lazy, its a design choice.

Eh, you could have accepted my statement as simply personal preference, if you're going to insist that for yourself now.

Read the first 3 lines of my second line - "I would prefer."

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    bahahaha

why is that there

ed: unless maybe it's shopped, which is easily possible

It's not. It's there.
    Man, you really have to look for that.

You really don't. Honestly the first time I put her in that outfit, even standing up, it was really noticeable.

I almost had to switch her outfit because it was really distracting once you noticed.

almost

:winky:

EDIT: Thanks for the answers earlier re: ME insanity. I've played it on insanity before so I know how annoying (not hard at all) it is, which is why I wanted to avoid it. I wonder, if full achievements which iirc gives bonus xp, you can get to 60 doing everything. I seem to recall on my Infiltrator back in the day I only made it to about 55 or 56 in a single full playthrough.

EDIT: 2, this page is really lax with spoilers folks. Half the posts above mine should really be put in spoilers.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular

Understandable. But I don't really like it when endings go into stuff like that, you start to get into that RotK syndrome where the ending just keeps going and going and going.

Haver a short, snappy in-game ending that is neat and without questions.

Then roll all that shit into the credits.

Here's how you fucking do it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWbpGL9UPhM

Only, you know, without the saccharine optimism and perpetual joy. Thinking about the similarities between the two games, it's almost more annoying knowing that you can, if you try, write your way out of such a cul-de-sac successfully.

• Options
    Takyris said that the writers of the ending weren't part of the regular writing squad. I wonder what that was all about.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Anime ending is fucking anime. *pissed*

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options

Eh, you could have accepted my statement as simply personal preference, if you're now going to insist that for yourself now.

BUT MY PREFERENCES SUPERCEDE YOUR PREFERENCES

That's how it works on the Internet.

• Options
    JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular

Especially since the game makes a big deal out of the long term consequences of these decisions!

Things like
    Do you really cure the genophage, or give Wrex a fake cure? What happens when Krogan start reproducing in record numbers? Can you really trust the Geth with updated Reaper code? Can the Quarians co-exist with them if you do trust them? And so on.

Well, turns out the answer to these questions are - Nothing! Magic ending solves everything! You don't need to know how.

The ending just leaves a bad taste in my mouth after the whole series was so, so good.

• Options
    edited March 2012

Eh, you could have accepted my statement as simply personal preference, if you're now going to insist that for yourself now.

BUT MY PREFERENCES SUPERCEDE YOUR PREFERENCES

That's how it works on the Internet.

:)

Jephery on
    }
  • Options
    lpburk2lpburk2 Registered User regular
    Worst ending I have ever had the misfortune of seeing in a videogame. It has left me addled.

• Options
    Blinks77Blinks77 Registered User regular
    lpburk2 wrote: »
    Worst ending I have ever had the misfortune of seeing in a videogame. It has left me addled.

It's not, not really.

"Game over, thankyou for playing" is worse. Kind of.

It's possibly the worst ending they could have ever came up with for Mass Effect though.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Man...the Vindicator...is awesome.

• Options
    Takyris said that the writers of the ending weren't part of the regular writing squad. I wonder what that was all about.

Indeed, since it explains the weird utter disconnect thematically and in storytelling that happens with it. Also the stuff which makes no sense whatsoever.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Friends don't let friends finish Mass Effect 3.

my little brother is just at Palaven now, and I want to warn him

and yet I don't know what to do
    ...__This game sure is fun right now, huh?
    ../
    O---
    Let's play some Multiplayer
    ..\__
    .......[Tell him the ending]

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    I want you guys to know that I envy every single one of you. Every single one. Your feelings on the ending be damned.

I'm not going to be able to get this game for a month.

• Options
    Blinks77Blinks77 Registered User regular

Indeed, since it explains the weird utter disconnect thematically and in storytelling that happens with it. Also the stuff which makes no sense whatsoever.

Plausible deniability? Though it is very, very weird. Why would you outsource what's basically the capstone to how many years of work by this point? Did all the regular writing staff come down with some strange disease that made them unable to read or write so bioware, in desperation, chose these other poor souls?

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Way too much unspoiler'd ending discussion in here. I'm out. Too bad I can't feel safe reading the thread as I progress through the game. See you all on the flip side.

PS - ME: Infiltrator is hard, and sometimes unfair with checkpoints.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular

It felt like they just called up the Deus Ex: HR writers and asked them for an ending. It felt like it belonged into another story/game, and had next to no relation to the (until this point) fairly "realistic" series, instead getting all new-agey and jarring. And then all the points about no closure etc. just left a very sour aftertaste.

• Options
    Do we need a separate thread to discuss multiplayer and non-story related game concepts? Every time I wander in here I feel like I'm gonna see some major spoilers up ins.

• Options
    Blinks77 wrote: »

Plausible deniability? Though it is very, very weird. Why would you outsource what's basically the capstone to how many years of work by this point? Did all the regular writing staff come down with some strange disease that made them unable to read or write so bioware, in desperation, chose these other poor souls?

And @Rhan9

DX:HR comes to mind as well because of that weirdness where the "boss" battles were done by another company - which also led to the jarring disconnect between normal gameplay and "boss" fights.

If the writing thing is true I really feel like that add to the great modern lesson of game and story development which would be don't outsource your creativity.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Man...the Vindicator...is awesome.
    The Windicator is basically the best thing if you slap a scope and stability enhancer in it. What's better than a headshot? A 3-round burst headshot!

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Do we need a separate thread to discuss multiplayer and non-story related game concepts? Every time I wander in here I feel like I'm gonna see some major spoilers up ins.

The mods said no.

• Options
    lpburk2lpburk2 Registered User regular
    Blinks77 wrote: »
    lpburk2 wrote: »

It's not, not really.

"Game over, thankyou for playing" is worse. Kind of.

It's possibly the worst ending they could have ever came up with for Mass Effect though.

I don't know. The head scratching nature of the nonsense I just viewed is more upsetting to me than, "Game over" if for no other reason than the fact someone got paid to write that.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

The mods said no.

Sigh. Guess I just won't come in this thread anymore then.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    People just need to put everything in tags, even if it's talking around the ending.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    From Reddit, via 4chan, so probably bullshit: http://i.imgur.com/TsqYi.jpg (DLC plans)

Callin BS
    apart from maybe the first one

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    From Reddit, via 4chan, so probably bullshit: http://i.imgur.com/TsqYi.jpg (DLC plans)

There are endgame spoilers in there...

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm expecting some sort of Omega DLC, but that all is certainly bullshit.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I know this has been posted before, but...

So painfully tacky to personally experience.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Did they do something to the Engy turret? It seems to not die instantly anymore.

This discussion has been closed.