Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Mass Effect] SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION. EVERY SINGLE BIT. EVEN HINTS.

1727375777899

Posts

  • WappaduWappadu Registered User regular
    I liked the ending more than the battle for Earth.
    I was hoping/expecting a ME2 suicide mission writ large. Tough choices about which war asset would be tasked with various objectives, situations where I'm obviously sending a longtime friend to their death, and the potential for unintended consequences as random events force me to change the game plan mid-mission.

    That would have added so much replayability for me. What if I would have had the Salarians for this task? Would the Quarians have been able to evacuate that Turian force if I hadn't let the Geth slaughter them? Maybe asking the Rachni and Krogan to hold that front together was a bad idea with friendly fire turned on.

    So many interesting possibilities, regardless of what happened later on the Citadel. I really thought they were setting this type of gameplay up earlier during the chess match with new Kelly...Traynor is it? Ah well.

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    milk ducks wrote: »
    So I dunno, I think Gold teams are really short-changing themselves if they don't bring an Asari along. Someone mentioned that like 40 pages back, and it's totally clear to me now that I've seen it in action.
    Yeah, I'm really missing the Asari Adept I had in the demo. Stasis Bubble + Warp + Carnifex = win. They must have really messed with the unlock values in the retail release, because I have unlocked no good or interesting guns, and only a couple new races (Turian Sentinel and Salarian Engineer). But I have like a Shuriken VI. It has been really, really frustrating.
    I unlocked Asari adept in my first pack. The game understood my purpose...it understood what I was for.

    That being said I will say that Asari adept is only god-like against Cerberus. Against Geth/Reapers they're still pretty great but their move lists is much less effective.

    That being said I've found myself using adept/engineer a lot when i play with randoms simply because everyone wants to play soldier/vanguard and no one ever runs support. Which while you can get away with it on Bronze, it is much...much harder to do on Silver/Gold especially when you're a group of random people and not an organized team.
    Heh, that's a great "welcome to MP!" :D

    Warp is great against armor, which all three enemies bring out in spades. As long as somebody's rocking Shield Drain or Overload, teaming up with them to take down the heavies makes things relatively easy.

    I mean, I like my Turian Sentinel - Overload and Warp! - but Stasis Bubble is just lovely.

    Yeah. I just had a game of Silver where my overall score was 70000. Twice that of the guy below me.

  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte Registered User regular
    Holy balls, I'm running a power-specced human sentinel. Spamming throw like you've got batarians lined up along a cliff is retardedly effective against everything that has a red health bar somewhere on it. For everything else, you have to slap in warp as well for the biotic explosion. I have topped the endgame score by an impressive margin without firing a single damn bullet. Just throw throw throw throw.

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    I really wish the game would default to Bronze. Get too many low levels in Silver.

  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Wappadu wrote: »
    I liked the ending more than the battle for Earth.
    I was hoping/expecting a ME2 suicide mission writ large. Tough choices about which war asset would be tasked with various objectives, situations where I'm obviously sending a longtime friend to their death, and the potential for unintended consequences as random events force me to change the game plan mid-mission.

    That would have added so much replayability for me. What if I would have had the Salarians for this task? Would the Quarians have been able to evacuate that Turian force if I hadn't let the Geth slaughter them? Maybe asking the Rachni and Krogan to hold that front together was a bad idea with friendly fire turned on.

    So many interesting possibilities, regardless of what happened later on the Citadel. I really thought they were setting this type of gameplay up earlier during the chess match with new Kelly...Traynor is it? Ah well.

    So much of this. If I was disappointed with anything in this game, it was this.

    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Wappadu wrote: »
    I liked the ending more than the battle for Earth.
    I was hoping/expecting a ME2 suicide mission writ large. Tough choices about which war asset would be tasked with various objectives, situations where I'm obviously sending a longtime friend to their death, and the potential for unintended consequences as random events force me to change the game plan mid-mission.

    That would have added so much replayability for me. What if I would have had the Salarians for this task? Would the Quarians have been able to evacuate that Turian force if I hadn't let the Geth slaughter them? Maybe asking the Rachni and Krogan to hold that front together was a bad idea with friendly fire turned on.

    So many interesting possibilities, regardless of what happened later on the Citadel. I really thought they were setting this type of gameplay up earlier during the chess match with new Kelly...Traynor is it? Ah well.
    So much of this. If I was disappointed with anything in this game, it was this.
    Yeah.
    I would have liked concrete results from my choices instead of abstracting everything into Galactic Readiness. Made what was otherwise an exceedingly personal game feel impersonal.

    minor annoyance:
    fat lot of good that citadel defence force did me.

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    The only reason my engy doesn't constantly get ridiculously high scores

    is that sometimes I just can't find the goddamn enemy

    eahenryii wrote: »

    i've resorted to reading your posts in William Shatner's voice.

    I am now using the Christopher Walken voice.
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Explosion-specced human adept is clearly better than asari imo, because they can detonate singularity->warp AS WELL AS warp->shockwave, which does ludicrous amounts of damage. On Silver it only takes 2 to kill a Brute or Ravager, and one + a warp at the end for a Pyro, etc.

    "For who knows what is good for a man in life, during the few and meaningless days he passes through like a shadow?
    Who can tell him what will happen under the sun after he is gone?"
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Now I wonder what other guns have built-in advantages. I know the Widow has the cover-piercing feature built in. I wonder if this stuff is listed in the strategy guide?

    The Javelin's thing is better than a smoke scope, because it works even out of smoke. I think it highlights any target including through cover it can penetrate. The Javelin and both Widows are the only ones with penetration to start with, or at least the only ones listed as having it on a loading tooltip.

    I thought the Phaeston looked better than the Rev statwise, but then testing it out on the range the Rev shredded armor way faster than the Phaeston, so they probably still have variable armor/shields/barriers multipliers.

    s7Imn5J.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Tiny nitpick: I wish Gianna Parasini had made it in. She was one of the few who actually showed up in 2 instead of just emailing you.

  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    good GOD.

    if this hasn't been posted yet, well.



    let's just say i had a MASSIVE grin.

    curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    I will say as Asari Adept is good just because stasis is a very helpful ability to have especially in later waves.

    It works against.

    Cerberus: Everything except Altas and Turrets
    Geth: Rocket guys and Hunters
    Reapers: Marauders, Husks, and Cannibals.

    I would say that it is the least useful for Reapers since almost everyone has armor in later waves, but the ability to temporary neutralize a threat is a great one.

    That being said. You want to be with the rest of your team so they can pump out the DPS while you're setting up your bombs.

  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Tiny nitpick: I wish Gianna Parasini had made it in. She was one of the few who actually showed up in 2 instead of just emailing you.

    Especially since you actually go to Noveria (even if it's just a cheap ploy to re-use the multiplayer map :P)

    Wii U: Warlock | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Ender wrote: »
    The only reason my engy doesn't constantly get ridiculously high scores

    is that sometimes I just can't find the goddamn enemy

    Run faster ;-)

    I've been having incredible success with my Salarian Engineer. While his decoy isn't as effective as your typical explosive drone (can't deploy it as far), his energy drain keeps him alive much longer than the other engineers.

    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    How the hell did jack grow so much hair in 6 months?

  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Registered User regular
    Biotic powers only she has access to?

    You are history's greatest monster.
  • FairchildFairchild Be polite. Be professional. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet. Registered User regular
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Before I go and spend a ton of money on the spectre weapons, which one will get me the best bang for my buck? I'm a soldier and I use pretty much every gun.

    Lucascraft on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Speaking of MP I just had the best game of Silver. It was the Cerberus lab vs the Reapers, Wave 10. Basically, we had to hack the system in that big circle(which is always brutal on silver). So we get 75% done and my entire goes down.

    The circle is being preoccupied by 3 Ravagers, 2-3 Banshees(I was running so much I couldn't keep count), two Brutes, and a few Marauders.

    I used up all my rockets beforehand to save my team when they got swarmed by Ravagers so I know there is no way in heck I'm doing this.

    So...at this point my only concern is the money(you get 15000 on Wave 10 alone in silver). Running in circle I keep passing through the hack zone just long enough to avoid getting swarmed, I do this like 3 times. The final time I managed to do it while being bombarded by Ravagers as I sit in a corner with the Banshees closing in on me. I died shortly afterwards but man did I feel awesome.
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Before I go and spend a ton of money on the spectre weapons, which one will get me the best bang for my buck? I'm a soldier and I use pretty much every gun.

    A lot of people like the Black Widow. I also heard good things about the Paladin. I was going to try the Wraith myself but I was 50000 short at the end.

    Dragkonias on
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    evilthecat wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Wappadu wrote: »
    I liked the ending more than the battle for Earth.
    I was hoping/expecting a ME2 suicide mission writ large. Tough choices about which war asset would be tasked with various objectives, situations where I'm obviously sending a longtime friend to their death, and the potential for unintended consequences as random events force me to change the game plan mid-mission.

    That would have added so much replayability for me. What if I would have had the Salarians for this task? Would the Quarians have been able to evacuate that Turian force if I hadn't let the Geth slaughter them? Maybe asking the Rachni and Krogan to hold that front together was a bad idea with friendly fire turned on.

    So many interesting possibilities, regardless of what happened later on the Citadel. I really thought they were setting this type of gameplay up earlier during the chess match with new Kelly...Traynor is it? Ah well.
    So much of this. If I was disappointed with anything in this game, it was this.
    Yeah.
    I would have liked concrete results from my choices instead of abstracting everything into Galactic Readiness. Made what was otherwise an exceedingly personal game feel impersonal.

    minor annoyance:
    fat lot of good that citadel defence force did me.
    Before the final battle began, when we were given the opportunity to talk to all of our current shipmates (including calling ME2 ones) to say your final goodbyes, I honestly thought that was handled great. Everything after that was sort of a... I don't want to say letdown... but it was kinda underwhelming. At least til the final charge.

    Sadly, due to hardware limitations I knew they couldn't have us fighting huge pools of enemies alongside huge pools of allies. Still, going into it, I had this vision in my head of Shepard slowly advancing, street by street, towards the beam. And after every wave of enemies the game would cut to a scene of either a current, or ME2 ally, fighting alongside the species you recruited. Basically showing where they were, who they were fighting, and how their battle was going. When I didn't see this, I was fine since I figured they'd tie it into the ending. Unfortunately, when that didn't happen, that's when everything after the goodbyes felt shallow to me.

    Heck, they could've tied it to the readiness in the sense that "Miranda got overrun because her assigned war assests were never rescued while scanning planet X". I don't know.

    As a general statement, I think I fucked myself by playing my "Perfect" ME1/ME2 imports first, while also doing everything I could to get the "Perfect" ME3 run first as well. Part of me really doesn't want to even play my SamJacksonShep, since I know most of the squadmates won't be there pick me up due to my ineptitude in ME2.

    Decoy on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Simi Valley, CARegistered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Mass Effect fields.
    This.

    Anything that doesn't make sense works because mass effect.



    Also, when do we get a follow up SimCity style Mass Effect game where we head up a task force charged with helping build/re-build the various settlements for the different races?

    steam_sig.png
    Origin: PierceNeck
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Mass Effect fields.
    This.

    Anything that doesn't make sense works because mass effect.



    Also, when do we get a follow up SimCity style Mass Effect game where we head up a task force charged with helping build/re-build the various settlements for the different races?

    Krogan quarter goes waaaay in the other corner, far from everything else.

    Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • darleysamdarleysam UKRegistered User regular
    Not reading anything else in this thread, I just wanted to stop in to say that I've been really impressed by the Kinect voice commands. I honestly expected not to care about them even slightly, but after some prompting from my girlfriend to try them out, they're really cool. Getting people to launch off a power in the middle of a fight just by telling them? Feels pretty boss. I have had a couple of instances where it's picked the wrong conversation option, once because there was already a conversation going on in the room and it detected that, and once because Vega was talking while the prompt came up, and it picked the option from that. But on the whole, really quite satisfying and impressive.

    forumsig.png
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Mass Effect fields.
    This.

    Anything that doesn't make sense works because mass effect.

    Works for toothbrushes. :)

  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    darleysam wrote: »
    Not reading anything else in this thread, I just wanted to stop in to say that I've been really impressed by the Kinect voice commands. I honestly expected not to care about them even slightly, but after some prompting from my girlfriend to try them out, they're really cool. Getting people to launch off a power in the middle of a fight just by telling them? Feels pretty boss. I have had a couple of instances where it's picked the wrong conversation option, once because there was already a conversation going on in the room and it detected that, and once because Vega was talking while the prompt came up, and it picked the option from that. But on the whole, really quite satisfying and impressive.

    I was really hoping that this could somehow be integrated with the PC version, for those of us with mics. It seemed like such a freaking great feature, I'm glad you're having a good time with it and not struggling to get it working (aside from the rare dialogue option thing).

    Decoy on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    OH MY GOD..... :C :C :C
    You just made me realise that I made it so that The Quarian fleet will never get to see their newly reobtained homeworld...

    I feel like such a dick now... :C
    they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.
    just look at how far the reapers got in 2 years: darkspace to the milky way.
    might be a bit longer as non-reaper ships might not be as fast and they will likely have to detour a bit for fuelling stops but other than that it's entirely feasible.
    Only problem with that is fuel. Reapers don't use fuel when they do FTL, they are also much faster than the fastest normal ship.

    Looking at the galaxy map, Rannoch is roughly 80,000 light years from Earth. No fucking way they have the fuel for that and even if they did, I seriously doubt any Quarian would see their home in their lifetime. Next generation maybe.

    That also doesn't count food. I'm not sure how many live ships were at the battle, but even if only a couple got destroyed, feeding the fleet would be insufficient, you'd have to allow some to die so the rest could live.

    The Quarians are generally fucked.

    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Mass Effect fields.
    This.

    Anything that doesn't make sense works because mass effect.

    Works for toothbrushes. :)

    As soon as I posted the question I knew the answer would be mass effect fields.

  • NabobNabob Registered User regular
    Question about Asari in MP. One of the Stasis talents says something like "30% chance when you use an ability for it to cause no cooldown" is that just a 30% on stasis or does it effect your other 2 abilities too? I got the recharge cause I assumed it was only for stasis, but being able to instantly throw after a warp would be pretty amazing if it works for other abilities.

    3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    Has anyone else had a thing where it resets all your progress in multiplayer? At first it reset what guns I had available, so I could only pick Avenger I, etc. So I figured it was fucked up and restarted the game, but now all my classes are reset too. Is there a way to fix that?

    Be excellent to each other you stupid cunts.
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    OH MY GOD..... :C :C :C
    You just made me realise that I made it so that The Quarian fleet will never get to see their newly reobtained homeworld...

    I feel like such a dick now... :C
    they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.
    just look at how far the reapers got in 2 years: darkspace to the milky way.
    might be a bit longer as non-reaper ships might not be as fast and they will likely have to detour a bit for fuelling stops but other than that it's entirely feasible.
    Only problem with that is fuel. Reapers don't use fuel when they do FTL, they are also much faster than the fastest normal ship.

    Looking at the galaxy map, Rannoch is roughly 80,000 light years from Earth. No fucking way they have the fuel for that and even if they did, I seriously doubt any Quarian would see their home in their lifetime. Next generation maybe.

    That also doesn't count food. I'm not sure how many live ships were at the battle, but even if only a couple got destroyed, feeding the fleet would be insufficient, you'd have to allow some to die so the rest could live.

    The Quarians are generally fucked.

    and hey presto
    there's loads of reaper corpses lying around.
    i think they will be able to go home, it'll likely be an epic journey but still!

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    OH MY GOD..... :C :C :C
    You just made me realise that I made it so that The Quarian fleet will never get to see their newly reobtained homeworld...

    I feel like such a dick now... :C
    they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.
    just look at how far the reapers got in 2 years: darkspace to the milky way.
    might be a bit longer as non-reaper ships might not be as fast and they will likely have to detour a bit for fuelling stops but other than that it's entirely feasible.
    Only problem with that is fuel. Reapers don't use fuel when they do FTL, they are also much faster than the fastest normal ship.

    Looking at the galaxy map, Rannoch is roughly 80,000 light years from Earth. No fucking way they have the fuel for that and even if they did, I seriously doubt any Quarian would see their home in their lifetime. Next generation maybe.

    That also doesn't count food. I'm not sure how many live ships were at the battle, but even if only a couple got destroyed, feeding the fleet would be insufficient, you'd have to allow some to die so the rest could live.

    The Quarians are generally fucked.
    fucked? no. they've spent a few hundred years wandering the galaxy with no hope and no home. a few more WITH hope and a home to look forward to? they'll do fine.

    i think everyone's underestimating species' capabilities. i expect the salarians to have their own mass effect relay network up and running in a decade. the galaxy will be largely back to 'normal' sooner than you expect. :P

    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    In MP people dont seem to get that on some armor- ie geth pyros and such- you can warp to get them purple and then biotic detonate the warp with shockwave. On an armored guy it stumbles them.

    The stun is massive help in dealing with swarms of them.

    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Endgame spoilers
    I like to believe that in my Control ending, Shep turns off the indoctrination and offers rides home for everyone interested.

  • Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    What carries over for a new game plus, just money+xp?

    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • metaghostmetaghost Registered User regular
    Nabob wrote: »
    Question about Asari in MP. One of the Stasis talents says something like "30% chance when you use an ability for it to cause no cooldown" is that just a 30% on stasis or does it effect your other 2 abilities too? I got the recharge cause I assumed it was only for stasis, but being able to instantly throw after a warp would be pretty amazing if it works for other abilities.

    I'm under the impression that the Stasis version of "Bonus Power" applies to all abilities, whereas the Asari Vanguard has a Charge version of that ability that applies exclusively to Charge.

    Twitter / PSN: Mugen_Kikaider
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    OH MY GOD..... :C :C :C
    You just made me realise that I made it so that The Quarian fleet will never get to see their newly reobtained homeworld...

    I feel like such a dick now... :C
    they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.
    just look at how far the reapers got in 2 years: darkspace to the milky way.
    might be a bit longer as non-reaper ships might not be as fast and they will likely have to detour a bit for fuelling stops but other than that it's entirely feasible.
    Only problem with that is fuel. Reapers don't use fuel when they do FTL, they are also much faster than the fastest normal ship.

    Looking at the galaxy map, Rannoch is roughly 80,000 light years from Earth. No fucking way they have the fuel for that and even if they did, I seriously doubt any Quarian would see their home in their lifetime. Next generation maybe.

    That also doesn't count food. I'm not sure how many live ships were at the battle, but even if only a couple got destroyed, feeding the fleet would be insufficient, you'd have to allow some to die so the rest could live.

    The Quarians are generally fucked.

    According to the codex
    Would take the quarians around 18 years to travel 80,000 light years, and more fuel than they could possibly have, and their liveships are back at rannoch

    Therefore: The vast majority of the quarian race is going to die in orbit of earth
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    OH MY GOD..... :C :C :C
    You just made me realise that I made it so that The Quarian fleet will never get to see their newly reobtained homeworld...

    I feel like such a dick now... :C
    they can, though.
    conventional FTL drives.
    just look at how far the reapers got in 2 years: darkspace to the milky way.
    might be a bit longer as non-reaper ships might not be as fast and they will likely have to detour a bit for fuelling stops but other than that it's entirely feasible.
    Only problem with that is fuel. Reapers don't use fuel when they do FTL, they are also much faster than the fastest normal ship.

    Looking at the galaxy map, Rannoch is roughly 80,000 light years from Earth. No fucking way they have the fuel for that and even if they did, I seriously doubt any Quarian would see their home in their lifetime. Next generation maybe.

    That also doesn't count food. I'm not sure how many live ships were at the battle, but even if only a couple got destroyed, feeding the fleet would be insufficient, you'd have to allow some to die so the rest could live.

    The Quarians are generally fucked.
    fucked? no. they've spent a few hundred years wandering the galaxy with no hope and no home. a few more WITH hope and a home to look forward to? they'll do fine.

    i think everyone's underestimating species' capabilities. i expect the salarians to have their own mass effect relay network up and running in a decade. the galaxy will be largely back to 'normal' sooner than you expect. :P
    its not a matter of underestimating them, short of another deus ex machina the quarians will starve to death, there's no possible way for them to survive.

    maybe earth can find enough food nearby as there are colonies only a few days journey and feeds its people, maybe, but the quarians cant eat human food. They're all fucked.

    override367 on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »
    Endgame spoilers
    I like to believe that in my Control ending, Shep turns off the indoctrination and offers rides home for everyone interested.
    i kind of like that idea, and in general enjoy the concept of shepard as this benevolent force helping the galaxy rebuild

    maybe he can get a body like EDI. it'd be just like old times!

    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    biotic post explosion

    override367 on
  • EtherealEthereal Registered User regular
    So just beat the game. Ending spoilers:
    That was a pretty terrible ending. Still a fantastic game though.

    Also, secret info regarding a new ending! (quite long):
    In lieu of Catalyst stuff, Shepard now enters a massive arena to face Harbinger. In the new DLC Harbinger has been given a large Chullo hat to differentiate him from other Reapers. Additionally, his theme song is a Peruvian flute suite that sounds appropriately menacing (not really). Harbinger landed in Peru and before harvesting its inhabitants elected to have them make him a giant hat (don't worry this is explained in the codex).

    Shepard and Harbinger bandy about, exchange some your momma quips (You're momma is so fat the Quarians tried to colonize her for a new homeworld etc.) Harbinger eventually gets super pissed and says something along the lines of "you think our previous abominations were bad? Check this out!"

    At this point, a horrible abomination shuffles into the arena and Shepard is forced to fight it. The abomination is a horrible mass comprised of all your former teammates. This is the final boss fight. A couple of things to note. The boss fight will require kinect (regardless of what system you play on). Not only that, it will require a special edition "War Asset" kinect. The boss will charge at Shepard and fire its large arm mounted cannon. Occasionally it will pause to "calibrate". You can take this as some last vestige of Garrus trying to help you if you want a silver lining (lol). When calibration happens, you have to make full use of the Kinect:

    You must gyrate your hips extremely rapidly. Additionally, you need a partner to also stand in front of the Kinect. He/She will hold their arms in "Spirit Bomb" pose from Dragon Ball Z. In the spirit of the show they must also scream loudly throughout the rest of the boss fight. Failure to do this will result in a critical mission failure.

    After you defeat the boss it will sing a terrible version of Mordin's Gilbert and Sullivan. The game now has three ending choices. The following Dialogue Choices Appear:

    "Saren was Right"

    "Fuck this"

    "..."

    Each of these will result in Shepard shooting him/herself in the head Saren style. The game ends, credits roll, Harby's voice says "I know you feel this".

    After credits, a window will pop up asking whether you liked the ending. Simple yes or no. If you select no, it will keep prompting you. "Are you sure?" "Come on that was pretty good right?" Eventually you must either turn off your system or hit yes. If you hit yes, confirming you actually enjoyed the ending a message will be sent to Bioware HQ. This will immediately dispatch Casey Hudson, Mac Walters, and the Bioware Doctors to your house where they will beat the living shit out of you while "Suicide Mission" plays in the background.

    Enjoy your new ending!

  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I don't think there is anything better than being an engineer in MP going against the Geth. Tech explosions all day. Should probably talk to my teammates and tell them to not shoot the blue glowy guy in the middle of the pack so I can make them go boom. Managed to get all the way through a silver round of MP with all randoms, and we barely even communicated, but everybody just knew what to do. It was glorious.

    I wish promoting a level 20 character would give you a spectre pack or some kind of unlockable.

This discussion has been closed.