As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Secret Huntress Fan Club! (DC Comics: The New 52)

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    They really need to give Powergirl a much better costume.

The previous one was vastly better than that.

• glithertglithert Registered User regular
    Bring back the old costume, get rid of the boob window

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    glithert wrote: »
    Bring back the old costume, get rid of the boob window

Exactly.

The boob window was the only thing wrong with an otherwise perfect costume.

IKknkhU.gif
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Nobody would even know or care who Power Girl is without the boob window.

Maximum wrote: »

Hahahaha, really?

That's precious.

IKknkhU.gif
    Stilts wrote: »

Hahahaha, really?

That's precious.

Name one other thing about Power Girl that your average joe would know about her other than her massive chest.

Mention the name in the forums and you get a wall of boob window jpegs (maybe not in GV but in a comic thread in SE ++ or D&D).

Hate on it all you want, it’s sexist, it’s juvenile, etc. and I’ll agree with you but it’s defined her just as much as Wolverine is defined by his claws or Punisher is defined by a big skull on his chest.

Hahahaha, really?

That's precious.

Name one other thing about Power Girl that your average joe would know about her other than her massive chest.

Mention the name in the forums and you get a wall of boob window jpegs (maybe not in GV but in a comic thread in SE ++ or D&D).

Hate on it all you want, it’s sexist, it’s juvenile, etc. and I’ll agree with you but it’s defined her just as much as Wolverine is defined by his claws or Punisher is defined by a big skull on his chest.

Which means DC needs to do more to change that.

PG's solo book convinced a lot comics fans to love her (and not because of the boob window).

I don't give a shit if the average joe only recognizes her as a cheesecake hero. The average joe also sees Aquaman as a total joke, but DC has apparently been doing a pretty good job making him a fascinating and legitimate superhero.

IKknkhU.gif
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    It's really stupid for them to trot out Apokolips as just a big bad that threatens the world with a massive invasion.

Yes, Darkseid is incredibly powerful but he's calculating mastermind. He influences events indirectly through manipulation and subterfuge. He would never reveal his involvement so brazenly.

What's worse is that they have a chance to create a new dynamic with Apokolips/Darkseid. With the reboot, no one knows about Apokolips, New Genesis, or the New Gods. So why would Darkseid immediately reveal himself as a bad guy and an enemy of humanity? It just makes no sense.

Well JL 1-6 made it pretty clear he wanted Superman for some reason.

Darkseid has always wanted to use Superman in his schemes.

It's just bad writing to (re)introduce one of the biggest villains in the entire DC universe without any development or build up.
    They could have done so much more. They could have had Darkseid secretly back a super villain organization or manipulate various nations of the earth into going to war. At the very least have Intergang show up first to foreshadow Darkseid's influence like they did in Superman: TAS and Young Justice.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Comic fans are entitled to the boob window though duh

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Dammit Action Comics. Just got through #5. I started out going, so, wait its the basic origin story again? Then it goes and ties into every little thing that has happened so far and clears up every scene I thought was questionable earlier on, and just does awesome.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Hahahaha, really?

That's precious.

Let me tell you something that you should know about real life. The "Average joe" doesn't know anything about Powergirl. If you mention Powergirl and someone responses "The one with the Boob-window?" you are not talking to someone with the average persons knowledge of comicbooks.

Quire.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I ask people would they cat call Wonder Woman? most say no because of the fear she would kick thier ass. But that part of the fun
    I have asked people if they would cat call Power Girl and most to all say Who?

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular

Maintaining inertia is the best reason for everything ever!

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
    DC released the 4 page spread from the FCBD issue online
    2326647-fcbd_gatefold_lr__3_.jpeg

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Is...is that Vibe?

• ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    Hmm, Batman's carrying around that 3-eyed skull he's shown with on the cover. Guess that's going to be a thing, and not just something symbolic?

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Arryn wrote: »
    Hmm, Batman's carrying around that 3-eyed skull he's shown with on the cover. Guess that's going to be a thing, and not just something symbolic?

Despero?

Anyways, thoughts in order. Vibe, yesssssssssssss. Black Adam's design is too busy. Metamorpho's design doesn't work well on a female character. Who's the GL? John Stewart? Atom, yay! Guesses, Justice League vs. alternate reality Justice League or B-team?

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Hawkman looks odd, like all his super morphing magical powers are gone, you'd only know he's in the DCnU by his new helmet.

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Arryn wrote: »

Despero?

Anyways, thoughts in order. Vibe, yesssssssssssss. Black Adam's design is too busy. Metamorpho's design doesn't work well on a female character. Who's the GL? John Stewart? Atom, yay! Guesses, Justice League vs. alternate reality Justice League or B-team?

About the skull
    Based on leaked images, I think it is whatever was in Pandora's box when she opened it. Meaning it contains all the bad stuff of humanity.

And I think that weird Green Lantern must have something to do with The Third Army stuff going on in the main GL title?

Tairu on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Hahahaha, really?

That's precious.

Let me tell you something that you should know about real life. The "Average joe" doesn't know anything about Powergirl. If you mention Powergirl and someone responses "The one with the Boob-window?" you are not talking to someone with the average persons knowledge of comicbooks.

The closest thing the public knows about Power Girl is from Justice League Unlimited, where she's called Galatea and is evil.

edited May 2012
    It's Power Girl. It's Supergirl from an alternate universe. The general public does not care. They just don't.

So, bring back the old costume, get rid of the boob window. The boob window that the general public doesn't know about, because they don't know who Power Girl is.

glithert on
    edited May 2012
    glithert wrote: »
    It's Power Girl. It's Supergirl from an alternate universe. The general public does not care. They just don't.

So, bring back the old costume, get rid of the boob window. The boob window that the general public doesn't know about, because they don't know who Power Girl is.

Except for Galatea the general public does not know Power Girl exists. They do not read the comics and have no intention to do so.

Harry Dresden on
    I made a mistake when I said general public, I meant more the casual fan that knows a bit about comics but isn't chest deep in them like the majority of people that post here.

I'm all for change but this isn't really an industry that goes out on a limb and changes anything. I would not bet against the old costume coming back within the next few years.

I made a mistake when I said general public, I meant more the casual fan that knows a bit about comics but isn't chest deep in them like the majority of people that post here.

I'm all for change but this isn't really an industry that goes out on a limb and changes anything. I would not bet against the old costume coming back within the next few years.

Agreed about that.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    powergirl_joelcarroll2.jpg

hey look it's the perfect Power Girl costume

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    If only she had a nose

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    If only she had a nose window

Hahahaha, really?

That's precious.

PG's solo book convinced a lot comics fans to love her (and not because of the boob window).

I don't give a shit if the average joe only recognizes her as a cheesecake hero. The average joe also sees Aquaman as a total joke, but DC has apparently been doing a pretty good job making him a fascinating and legitimate superhero.

DC's put Aquaman with good renditions on various cartoon series, and Smallville, which slowly changed the public's mind about him. Power Girl's only made 1 appearance in other media. It was in Justice League Unlimited, with a version that may as well be an expy not a genuine adaption. That's why the average joe considers her a joke, if they know about her at all.

Hahahaha, really?

That's precious.

DC's put Aquaman with good renditions on various cartoon series, and Smallville, which slowly changed the public's mind about him. Power Girl's only made 1 appearance in other media. It was in Justice League Unlimited, with a version that may as well be an expy not a genuine adaption. That's why the average joe considers her a joke, if they know about her at all.

That's...sort of my point?

Aquaman is doing well because DC has actually been trying to do interesting things with him and getting him in the public eye.

They should do the same with Power Girl.

IKknkhU.gif

Hahahaha, really?

That's precious.

Aquaman is doing well because DC has actually been trying to do interesting things with him and getting him in the public eye.

In that case I agree.

• ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular

Hahahaha, really?

That's precious.

I think the issue one would run into there is that PG is a confusing character. Not for the average comic fan, perhaps.

But when you boil her story down for a non-comic book fan, she's basically ... Supergirl. Same powers, same look (for the most part), same real name, same origin (minus the cross-dimensional part).

My Comics store is running a huge back issue sale. I've picked up almost all of Batman incorporated for 1.50. So, where am I going to get issues 3, 4, and 6?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    One of the better Power girl pics that is SFW
    amanda-conner-powergirl-supergirl.jpg

I will find out sadly for a really short trip in the chaos of Free comic day what is offered hopefully something good this year

Guess I'm not dropping Justice League anymore.

The FCBD issue is some bullshit

CYpGAPn.png
    My issues:
    I don't mind the Phantom Stranger being Judas. It kinda ruins the whole mysterious origin aspect of his character but it is still a neat origin.

Question suddenly being some cursed would-be world conqueror however is fucking horrible. That is just...good god how could you think that is a good idea?

Pandora actually being Pandora is lazy and meh. That and I don't really get how her being a figure from Greek Myth means she can now basically warp reality?

Steve Trevor is cool still, so that is nice.

Trinity War seems to be HEROES FIGHTING EACHOTHER which

no thank you

CYpGAPn.png
    Really interested in the new GL

• CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    I still say that the rebooted universe is basically Hal Jordan as Parallax successfully pulling off Zero Hour after years having a fake Hal Jordan running around to make him the ultimate hero while bringing back all the 'proper heroes" like Barry and Barbra again.

Gets his cake and east it too basically having pulled the ultimate con.

Cade wrote: »
    I still say that the rebooted universe is basically Hal Jordan as Parallax successfully pulling off Zero Hour after years having a fake Hal Jordan running around to make him the ultimate hero while bringing back all the 'proper heroes" like Barry and Barbra again.

Gets his cake and east it too basically having pulled the ultimate con.

Isn't the new universe Barry Allen's fault?

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    This FCBD issue had the most confusing credits for the 4 page splash. I guess Trinity War is going to be a separate title? Because it never says issues or parts, and the way it puts Lee's name at the beginning yet he's drawing the end of the story, it doesn't flow really well. And Didio is going to co-edit the book? uh oh.

An easier thing for a teaser would be to have it say:

Coming next year.......Trinity War (fancy logo)
    Geoff Johns. Ivan Reis. Kenneth Rocafort. Gene Ha. Jim Lee.

I liked the Batman Inc preview because Burnham really has his eyes set on taking all of Quitley's money in future comic work, that Damian takedown panel was jawsome.

This discussion has been closed.