Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: 'MLP: FiM: For the New Lunar Old Republic' by halkun

halkunhalkun Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
So it's 11:50pm here in Wisconsin, and I decide to go and get some food...
I pull into the 24hour drive-though at McDonald's.
"Can I help you?", the speakers ask
"Uh, Yea. I'd like a Number 1 with a large coke.. No ice."
"Will that be it?"

I pause

"You have any of those pony toys around?"
"Lemme check"
There is a wait for about 45 seconds. He comes back
"Yea, we have some, you want one of those horses too?"

I fought with myself... Should I correct him? Would that be odd?

"Yea, toss one in" I said, a little more meekly than I should of.

He gave me the price... I should of asked for the yellow one when I had the chance. Should I ask at the window? What exactly is the pony-negotiation protocol is something like this? I round my car around the corner to the window and pay. It was a girl. The person who took my order was a guy. There is a disconnect. I didn't say anything. I get my credit card handed back to me.

I silently drive on to the next window. I get my bag of food and my large coke from another girl.

"The horse is in the bag", the girl said.

I pause again, and then it get the best of me...

"It's not a horse... is a PONY!"

It was like I was watching myself say it. I wanted to face-palm right there. I came to the realization I just lost my chance to ask for the yellow one... I was going to have to deal with with I got.

I drove home in darkness. "I bet I got Pinkie Pie", I thought to myself. That would be neutral... I wanted Fluttershy, but I guess I could live with Twi. I hope it wasn't Rarity. Please let it not be that one...

It was Rarity. She now stands proudly next to my monitor.

I want to laugh, but inside, I kind of want to die....

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Yeah... There's nothing awesome about this...

• agoajagoaj Hey You Pichu I don't like your girlfriendRegistered User regular
    Halkun was arrested three hours later for possession of pony with intent to modify.

aqOYSK0.gif
  • Triple BTriple B Registered User regular
    i am still trying to figure out why MLP is not only socially acceptable but popular

steam_sig.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads Registered User regular
    Looks like Rarity is...

8-)

...commonplace.

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    James Dean was the actor, Jimmy Dean was in the sausage business.

James Deen is both an actor AND in the sausage business.
    Secret Satans! Post | Gaming Wishlist | General Wishlist
    Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Triple B wrote: »
    i am still trying to figure out why MLP is not only socially acceptable but popular

I can't really say too much because of a current project, but You and Hasbro both dude.

Actually, corporate had no idea what was going until two months ago. Let's just say they have been....adjusting.

halkun on
  • GoatmonGoatmon AHOY! I'M ADMIRAL ZHAO!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

It's a cartoon that got started by a gal who really knows how to direct good cartoons, and with some help she put together a cast and crew full of great writers, animators, and voice actresses who really wanted to make a solid show that would be well received, and poured a lot of hard work and love into making it happen.

Not hard to figure out, really.

I mean, I could go on and on about it, but I prefer not to go the route of Halkun, and just let the evidence speak for itself. It's girly as hell, but anything can appeal well above its target demographic if it's good enough.

Goatmon on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    "I bet I got Pinkie Pie" gets me every time.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Gingerbread MuffinsRegistered User regular
    The simple answer would be "because it's very good"

Halkun, man, exact same thing happened to me ordering one of the lil' plastic mold figures off Amazon. 'Styles may vary' indeed. :<

rv0c1titu3ci.pngc0ppr8iiann6.png
  • override367override367 misogynist/MRA/socially irresponsible Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Pfft, I'd just tell them I was getting it for my daughter and she really wanted the yellow one

You need to learn how to get things without revealing your dark secrets

override367 on
    XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    halkun wrote: »

I can't really say too much because of a current project, but You and Hasbro both dude.

Actually, corporate had no idea what was going until two months ago. Let's just say they have been....adjusting.

They really should have seen this coming the moment they came up with the concept for The Hub.