As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iOS Games: There's a Zombie on your In-App Purchase.

• Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    But I'm not going to be pressured or forced into spending more and more real cash moneys?

• Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Dracil wrote: »
    Clashmobs is a buggy mess. Completion %s that don't match up with actual numbers, and didn't get the Davidian reward for the second clashmob we won.

I didn't get Davidian or the medium key despite qualifying. Lame.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Undead Scottsman When you got your new iPad, how long did it take from order to your hands? And did you pay for the fast shipping or just regular free?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I have the new iPad and ordered it from the online Apple Store. It took 2 weeks from order till it shipped and another week for it to ship from China and be delivered.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    @Undead Scottsman When you got your new iPad, how long did it take from order to your hands? And did you pay for the fast shipping or just regular free?

I got the free shipping, and it took.. jeeze, let me check..

Ordered: March 22nd
    Shipped: March 29th (Through Fed Ex)
    Arrived: April 2nd

• Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    wonderpug wrote: »
    But I'm not going to be pressured or forced into spending more and more real cash moneys?

I feel pretty tempted since the prices are pretty low, but it doesn't inundate you with crap about it. In fact, they haven't mentioned it except in the tutorial once and when you go to the merchant (where you buy cards) it defaults to the pack buying areas which is based on in game cash.

Other than that, people don't have that much of an advantage over you if they spend money. They still need good luck and you can just grind to get the resources you need. There is an upper limit to what money can get you (a very good deck) which can be achieved in NPC play.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure if this works everywhere but a few weeks after launch Apple started accepting orders that were filled from the iPads that your local store received. Where I'd have to wait about two or three weeks for one through the mail there was usually an ample supply if you picked yours up from the store the following day. Might also try calling your store and seeing if they have any in stock. I ended up just walking in one day in the afternoon and getting mine.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this works everywhere but a few weeks after launch Apple started accepting orders that were filled from the iPads that your local store received. Where I'd have to wait about two or three weeks for one through the mail there was usually an ample supply if you picked yours up from the store the following day. Might also try calling your store and seeing if they have any in stock. I ended up just walking in one day in the afternoon and getting mine.

I wondered if they do something like that. They at least have an option for local pickup at a store if you order online, but I was probably going to get a refurbished 2 since they're $100 cheaper (and then another 50 off for refurb). Seems like everything is the same (warranty, equipment), it's just got refurb taint and Apple is reselling it take make a few dollars back.
    And I there's always going to be another new one, so I figured pick up the discounted one that's nearly as good as the current (save for the ridonks new screen) and then upgrade some day later if I really want to.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I just rated Infinity Blade 2 a 1 in the App Store. The parry tutorial is 100% broken for me, and I spent a half hour at the gym on the elliptical trying to do it until I just left and went home too pissed off to work out anymore. I mean the game literally pauses and shows you on the screen what to do, and waits for you to do it. It shouldn't even be possible to fail the tutorial, but it says swipe up, so I do it and nothing happens except I get hit. It says swipe left, I do that and nothing happens except I get hit. The parry fails to register at the very least 19 out of 20 times, and I doubt my finger is so retarded that it can't make a straight line. Seriously what the hell is this BS?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    That's weird, I had absolutely no problem with that tutorial, and in fact find parrying a ton easier to do in IB2 than in IB1.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    And for the record, I'm not some IB noob, I've completed the first one, and by completed I mean double maxed out every item, and gotten all the endings.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    What system are you using?

I had problem with that too but I just calked it up to the fact that IB 2 kept crashing on my Gen 4 iTouch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Al Baron wrote: »
    What system are you using?

I had problem with that too but I just calked it up to the fact that IB 2 kept crashing on my Gen 4 iTouch.
    4th Gen iTouch...

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    yo has anyone tried dofus battles 2 yet

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So iOS Max Payne actually controls fairly well.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Head ups: Gratuitous Space Battles is out for iPad.

No clue how much DLC (if any) is included with this. People are saying that a ship from one of them is in a screenshot.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

I tried the lite version of it, which gives you a few levels. Definitely an interesting concept. Basically tower defense on an FF Tactics style grid. You play your characters on whichever row you want, archers shoot ahead and over a row to either side, the tanky swordsman guys hit in one square each direction (cross shape). There are healers and casters, everyone just auto-attacks/casts as creeps march up the lanes on the map. You just have to survive.
    You also get loots and gold to buy items (which increase your damage/healing or decrease the cooldown on your attack/cast). Interesting thing, but I don't quite feel like it hooked me enough to buy it (YMMV).

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I downloaded Ascension and Shadow Era today to try to get my CCG fix. I quickly came to realize that I misunderstood Ascension, as it's not really a CCG so much as just a card game. I guess? I may be wrong, but I didn't play it much, and it definitely didn't scratch my M:tG itch.

Shadow Era on the other hand is a badass, streamlined M:tG-inspired CCG with reasonable prices on booster packs, great artwork, and interesting mechanics. I can't recommend it enough. It's exactly how free-to-play should work.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    House of PaincakesHouse of Paincakes Spokane, WARegistered User regular
    Bullio wrote: »
    Dracil wrote: »
    Clashmobs is a buggy mess. Completion %s that don't match up with actual numbers, and didn't get the Davidian reward for the second clashmob we won.

I didn't get Davidian or the medium key despite qualifying. Lame.

Same here. It says "Reward claimed!" but I never claimed it. I checked my inventory too just to be sure.

I guess it is in beta technically...

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hey I managed to do the rats with guns Easter egg in ios Max Payne just like the PC version. This is pretty decent port.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I downloaded Ascension and Shadow Era today to try to get my CCG fix. I quickly came to realize that I misunderstood Ascension, as it's not really a CCG so much as just a card game. I guess? I may be wrong, but I didn't play it much, and it definitely didn't scratch my M:tG itch.

Ascension is a deck-building game. Different genre, but very interesting.

• Options
    admanb wrote: »

Ascension is a deck-building game. Different genre, but very interesting.

Yeah, it seemed interesting, and probably really cool for asynchronous gameplay, but it just wasn't what I was looking for. Glad I also picked up Shadow Era, though. It's a lot of fun.

• Options
    PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    Gc is stuartreid - I'm mainly interested in playing async board games/card games (carc ttr, battle line etc)

Battleline is great btw.

• Options
    I've particpated in maybe 8-9 victory clashmobs and have only recieved my reward for the $25,000 gold one (the first one I did). All the others say "Recieved reward!" but nope!

Yeah, this is totally borked right now.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Machismo wrote: »
    Vegan wrote: »
    Aquaria is on sale for $3.

Still unsure whether I should go for this, or buy it during a Steam sale. Who's played it? Thoughts on which platform it's better suited for?
    I enjoy it on my iPad. Looks really nice. (is it on iPhone? I could imagine it would be too small).

I enjoyed the game. worth a few bucks.

Probably a little late, but I think Aquaria is better on the iPad then it is on PC. The controls feel more natural/intuitive despite not having the same level of precision.

I've had the game on the PC for a while now but I have already gotten further in the game on my iPad.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    IB2 question: what's the best strategy for dealing with the big beasts? Is there a specific weapon type I should be using?

I really struggle with them because you can't parry most of their attacks. I end up exhausted from dodging and they break down my block number pretty fast. I end up just trying to power through them hoping to get lucky.

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Does Max Payne mobile run decently on a first generation iPad?

• Options
    IB2 question: what's the best strategy for dealing with the big beasts? Is there a specific weapon type I should be using?

I really struggle with them because you can't parry most of their attacks. I end up exhausted from dodging and they break down my block number pretty fast. I end up just trying to power through them hoping to get lucky.

I hate them for the same reason. I mainly play with dual-swords, so being unable to parry makes it rough. You really just have to get veerrrrry good at picking up on their cues an dodging appropriately, and capitalize heavily on every opening. They're also a good time to break out the magic early and often.

• Options
    I suspect the best way of dealing with them is investing in gems that do x on dodge/block.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I lent my iPad over the weekend and missed out on this Clashmob business. It sounds like it was a total mess, but I should still set things up.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    ClashMob seems to be mostly ironed out. I've received all of the rewards I qualified for over the last two days, including a couple nifty weapons.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Clashmob seems to really be designed for NG+, or at least, that's the direction they should push for to make it utilized longer because every time you restart, you lose everything, so doing some clashmobs is a good way to get another headstart on each NG+.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    The one I participated in today worked (Corruption sword) which is only the second reward I've gotten out of 9-10 ones that have been completed.

I think there's a couple more today, we'll see if those pay out...

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

I tried the lite version of it, which gives you a few levels. Definitely an interesting concept. Basically tower defense on an FF Tactics style grid. You play your characters on whichever row you want, archers shoot ahead and over a row to either side, the tanky swordsman guys hit in one square each direction (cross shape). There are healers and casters, everyone just auto-attacks/casts as creeps march up the lanes on the map. You just have to survive.
    You also get loots and gold to buy items (which increase your damage/healing or decrease the cooldown on your attack/cast). Interesting thing, but I don't quite feel like it hooked me enough to buy it (YMMV).
    er, i have the first one already and played it through

i meant the new one that just came out where you play as the monsters and attack someone's defense

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Just finished IB2 for the first time. I'm actually pretty impressed story-wise, though I wish it gave me more info on this universe and the deathless and why there's all this technology in a medieval setting. They just keep teasing that aspect and it makes you feel like there's a lot more history here, which is a good thing I guess.

I'm playing through again but I've reached the point where I have to grind for gold (while getting no experience on several items) because the next set of equipment is so expensive. That might turn me off pretty quick, we'll see. It would have been really nice if those early clashmob rewards actually worked because I would have an extra $175k or so due to the bonus mob perks plus some nice items and keys...although in the long run, that's probably nothing, heh.

House of Paincakes on
  • Options
    adesilvaadesilva Registered User new member
    For anyone who has been into virtual pets like the tamagachis back in the 90s you may want to check out Kozmos: Virtual Pets on the ios App Store. Has a bunch of different eggs, evolutions, mini games, etc. Its also free, has IAP but you don't really need to buy any if your willing to play the mini games to earn coins for your pet.

• Options
    What the hell is up with bonus objectives in Infinity Blade 2? When it says something like scratch 20 times, or dodge 15 times, they mean exactly that many? Because the last 2 times I've done more than the required number I failed the objective.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    No, just at least that many. It'll pop up during the battle if you meet it. I've not had any issues with them registering either. Is it asking for perfect blocks and you're just managing regular ones or something?

It's not a huge amount of bonus XP anyway.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    No, just at least that many. It'll pop up during the battle if you meet it. I've not had any issues with them registering either. Is it asking for perfect blocks and you're just managing regular ones or something?

It's not a huge amount of bonus XP anyway.
    Could just be the odd glitch, though if it keeps happening it will get irritating. The first time it specifically said objective failed even though during the fight it showed the green check mark and said I hit it. Second time I could have gotten it and was just confused. Second time was a dual objective and it only mentioned that I succeeded in the second objective, it could have meant both because it didn't actually point out failed the first, just didn't mention it.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    How do you beat IB2 anyway? Do you have to beat that super mech thing?

Also, if anyone wants to add me for clashmobs or stuff: Spoit0

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.