As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect 3: Welcome To Our Thread, Here Are Your Complimentary Tasers and Cyanide Pills

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I kind of want to know how
    all of my armor just neatly fell off, leaving the uniform underneath totally intact.

I'd have liked it better if you just had banged up armor instead, but I understand that they couldn't do that with all of the armor options in the game.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Fix dem spoiler tags

I don't know what you mean

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    all of my armor just neatly fell off, leaving the uniform underneath totally intact.

I'd have liked it better if you just had banged up armor instead, but I understand that they couldn't do that with all of the armor options in the game.

Wait, I thought it was
    ruined N7 armor you're wearing

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    man the last fight on rannoch isn't that hard you giant babies

• Options
    edited March 2012

Wait, I thought it was
    Thought it was that outfit you start with on Earth.

Also I was wearing Blood Dragon before I got lasered./spoiler]

Goatmon on

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

Wait, I thought it was
    Yeah but I was wearing Blood Dragon.

Well that's your own fault.
    Customizable armor is the best, because it looks the best.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »

Wait, I thought it was

That doesn't make sense, since Blood Dragon looks the best.

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    A note regarding the ending
    according to the strategy guide, to get the final persuade option on the illusive man, you have to have used one in every conversation you had with him up to that point.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    man the last fight on rannoch isn't that hard you giant babies

Don't tell that to Olivaw.

Actually, do that. It's funny when he rants about it.

Goatmon on

• Options
    according to the strategy guide, to get the final persuade option on the illusive man, you have to have used one in every conversation you had with him up to that point.

...I'm pretty sure I did. What does it do, anyway?

• Options
    end of rannoch spoilers
    legion? nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options

Wait, I thought it was

LIES.

• Options

Wait, I thought it was

LIES.

NO

I'M IN CONTROL

NO ONE IS TELLING ME WHAT TO DO

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Make's TIM pull a Saren. (Committing suicide because you tell him to)

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    at this point, just after rannoch

I don't even care if the ending is good or bad

there are so many beautiful moments in this game, and in this series, and so many great characters....well, I can't say that everything would be ruined by one small portion of it

I feel I've made this argument in defense of other things in the past, and I don't know that anyone in here has argued that the end ruins the series for them but...still

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Hah

Medic Infiltrator best infiltrator

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

Make's TIM pull a Saren. (Committing suicide because you tell him to)

That would also have been a fitting bookend for the series as a whole

but NOPE

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    gonna start a new run tomorrow

gonna be
    exactly the same as I did things in my first run
    I'll just do more of the sidequests
    and sit and appreciate the incredible parts again

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Hah

Medic Infiltrator best infiltrator

Love being Medic Anything.

Krogan Medic is the best.

• Options

there are so many beautiful moments in this game, and in this series, and so many great characters....well, I can't say that everything would be ruined by one small portion of it

I feel I've made this argument in defense of other things in the past, and I don't know that anyone in here has argued that the end ruins the series for them but...still

This is exactly what I said to myself until I got there

It, uh... I don't think it's necessarily ruined for me but goddamn it made me feel a lot more uncomfortable than I imagined it could.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

Geebs, you are a good chap. I like the cut of your jib.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options

This is exactly what I said to myself until I got there

It, uh... I don't think it's necessarily ruined for me but goddamn it made me feel a lot more uncomfortable than I imagined it could.

Eh, give it a few days to settle in. It's not that bad.

• Options

There've been a few people.

I maintain that they're geese.

I seem to be in the minority however.

• Options

no spoilers, just feelings re: ending
    it's shocking, is what I think. it provokes a big backlash. after a day or two most people will come down from that frustration high and appreciate the rest of the game for the incredible work of art that it is, but in the short term, there is going to be a lot of angry pounding of keys

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    oh hey, post rannoch stuff
    my mom's alive! and she's a rear admiral! hell yes

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    ending spoilers
    Do they ever explain what was going on with the Dark Energy buildup in Haestrom's sun? I assumed that was going to be a major plot point in 3 but AFAIK it wasn't mentioned once.

• Options
    ending spoilers
    Do they ever explain what was going on with the Dark Energy buildup in Haestrom's sun? I assumed that was going to be a major plot point in 3 but AFAIK it wasn't mentioned once.
    Not that I know. I figured it was going to be a backup way for the Reapers to get here faster.

• Options
    ending
    now I'm sorting through the details of the ending

the citadel was conquered by the reapers and everyone on it killed offscreen

goodbye, bailey. you were a better dude than most of my squadmates. you killed wrex for me. we're buddies

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    oh hey, post rannoch stuff
    my mom's alive! and she's a rear admiral! hell yes

oooh!
    I admit, I am the biggest sook: I picked Spacer because I don't my mum dead :(

• Options
    ending spoilers
    Not that I know. I figured it was going to be a backup way for the Reapers to get here faster.
    As I understand it, the original plan for the plot was that there is a buildup of dark energy that, if not resolved, would eventually overtake everything in the galaxy. The reapers apparently were harvesting new species in order to bring new minds into their fold in their search for a solution. Human ingenuity (or genetic diversity, whatever) made humans an ideal candidate, which is why they were making a human reaper.

Apparently that all got scrapped in the end. There was a post about it somewhere, but I forget where I saw it.

• Options
    ending spoilers
    From what I read, it was originally intended to be the main plotline for the reaper threat, that somehow the reaper cycle was tied in to that. Not sure why they scrapped the idea.

• Options
    ending spoilers
    As I understand it, the original plan for the plot was that there is a buildup of dark energy that, if not resolved, would eventually overtake everything in the galaxy. The reapers apparently were harvesting new species in order to bring new minds into their fold in their search for a solution. Human ingenuity (or genetic diversity, whatever) made humans an ideal candidate, which is why they were making a human reaper.

Apparently that all got scrapped in the end. There was a post about it somewhere, but I forget where I saw it.
    Do I smell DLC?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    ending spoilers

That

that sounds so much better

that sounds like something resembling a story

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    ending spoilers

That

that sounds so much better

that sounds like something resembling a story

agree

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ending spoilers

Do I smell DLC?
    No joke

I would pay money for DLC that fixed the ending

and yes I am using the word "fixed" instead of "changed"

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Dichotomy wrote: »

no spoilers, just feelings re: ending
    it's shocking, is what I think. it provokes a big backlash. after a day or two most people will come down from that frustration high and appreciate the rest of the game for the incredible work of art that it is, but in the short term, there is going to be a lot of angry pounding of keys

I sure hope you're right, considering the rest of the game is a tour de force, regardless of what you think of the ending.

Orca on
  • Options
    Anyway finished my insanity playthrough just now

and now I got all the achievements except 5000 kills and 100% galactic readiness

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    yeah the game is goddamn incredible

It's tragic that it has to end on such a sour note because everything from Palaven up until the last 5-10 minutes is pitch-perfect

• Options
    Zay wrote: »
    Anyway finished my insanity playthrough just now

and now I got all the achievements except 5000 kills and 100% galactic readiness

how the fuck have you already beaten the game twice

• Options
    Spring break, and now it's over

plus the second playthrough is a LOT faster, I did it in about 12 hours

and that's with all war assets, including Citadel side shit, could have been even faster if I ignored that stuff

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
This discussion has been closed.