As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect 3: Welcome To Our Thread, Here Are Your Complimentary Tasers and Cyanide Pills

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    What I love about that ending scene
    is how completely and utterly oblivious your squad mates are

just

ho dee hum di ho
    It's consistent and in character too!

Their target prioritisation is a bit crap at times. All ignoring the guy who's flanked you in favour of... well, ho dee hum di ho

They have also no sense of self preservation

A brute charging? A banshee? A phantom? DEATH LASERS FROM THE SKY? PLEASE GIVE IT TO ME!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    I mean it's like having a bucket of water dumped over your head

Yeah it ain't gonna kill you but man that's a pain in the butt

So you send in the guy who is deathly allergic to water

Not even that

Radiation is good for Fawkes

It's less sending him in to have a band-aid ripped off and more sending him into a room full of delicious pizza

well maybe he's on a diet

swimsuit season's coming up

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Man.. kai leng's
    death
    is even better without the renegade interrupt
    Nah, I much preferred Shepard snapping the sword. I gotta say, though, I really disagree with the Kai Leng and Illusive Man interrupts being renegade.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    TBH: The ending still doesn't rub me wrong. The rest of the game is undeniably awesome. I am happy, and will be up for multiplayer with my level 1 adept shortly :P

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Man.. kai leng's
    death
    Nah, I much preferred Shepard snapping the sword. I gotta say, though, I really disagree with the Kai Leng and Illusive Man interrupts being renegade.
    Always remember: Renegade is not the "Bad!" or "Evil!!" option. It's the "get shit done faster, more ruthlessly", option.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    We need two people on 360

requirements include being funny and not being a butt

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    ending
    I do wish they had done something, anything, with the characters, since they were what I actually cared about

I suppose that wouldn't have fit in with the scope of what they decided the ending would be

perhaps they are going to do something with that later on and that is why the Normandy mysteriously crash lands in the garden of eden or whatever

just as well really, if it had been done well I might have actually cried

• Options
    "Seriously, if I was in charge of Cerberus ground operations, I would just load every dropship with turrets and guys to throw the turrets out of the dropships."

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Man.. kai leng's
    death
    Always remember: Renegade is not the "Bad!" or "Evil!!" option. It's the "get shit done faster, more ruthlessly", option.
    I don't see how that Kai Leng thing is 'more ruthless'. End result is exactly the same. Though I suppose I don't know what the alternate to shooting the Illusive Man is. I should go back and check that after I get over the loss of Shepard.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    general, amorphous gameplay spoilers
    I don't know whether to be grateful or disappointed that you never have to fight banshees in the dark

I've never played horror games but I feel like that taking on a banshee with only your gunlight and their unholy glow for illumination would have been a real contender for goddamn scary gameplay.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Especially if there were a couple and the place was a bit of a maze, with the screeching echoing all over and such.

• Options
    Here's all of blasto, btw

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    "Badass Fully, what the hell is going on here.. are you sleeping with my sister?"

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I love every elcor line starts with "badassfully" or "coquettishly"

Elcor acting is the best

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I must have missed all that Blasto stuff, then

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    I completely missed that

I saw the phrase "Blasto trailer" being thrown around in the thread so I kept looking for something with a moving picture

• Options
    the whole thing is simply great
    especially "They are already deceased, though they are not yet aware of it"
    Doesn't Shepard say something similar (equally clichée) at one point?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    absolutely

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    gigglin at this

KnMkk.jpg

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    REASSURINGLY:
    AS INTACT
    AS
    POSSIBLE

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    If I don't make the Armando-Owen Bailey Appreciation Station, the next thread needs to be "Cordially: Welcome to the Mass Effect Thread."

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    big handsome jellyfish

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Need more Drell.

Less Volus.

2dtr87s.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    someone come play with us

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    anyone playing PC multi soon?

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »

Could do! Although Origin is strangely unstable for me right about now

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Edcrab wrote: »
    smof wrote: »

Could do! Although Origin is strangely unstable for me right about now
    I would be in, but still level 1 . Have demo experience though :P

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    All my guys are level 1 except for my soldier and sentinel

I wouldn't mind powering down for a game or two if that's what's necessary

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    royardroyard Registered User regular
    Re: ending talking with Liara
    Actually, what do you guys think about the "gift" she gave to Shepard when you talk to her in London?

My impression is that was a concealed "embrace eternity" moment.

Irrefutable proof that the ME3 endings are visually similar. Good or bad is up to your interpretations and tastes. Visual similarity is not.
    2 minutes. No commentary. Spoiler obviously.
  • Options
    royard wrote: »
    Actually, what do you guys think about the "gift" she gave to Shepard when you talk to her in London?

My first impression, absurdly, was that she had just knocked herself up

I'm sure it was just a regular mind meld though

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »

I bet she knocked herself up to preserve Shepard's legacy somehow.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    ending
    I interpreted it as he using her mindmeld powers to give you inner peace for the final fight

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited March 2012

That was exactly what I thought at first. And I'm still not dismissing that possibility.

royard on
    Irrefutable proof that the ME3 endings are visually similar. Good or bad is up to your interpretations and tastes. Visual similarity is not.
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So

I have played this for about twelve hours now, up to Priority: Sur'Kesh
    The beginning wasn't very good, I think. A lot of the dialogue didn't even involve choices (that seems to be a thing in this one, actually), so I felt a bit like I was watching a conversation rather than taking part in one. Also I wanted to poke around the new Normandy a bit but the game just shoved me to the Citadel, which was somewhat annoying. I don't think being stuck with Liara and Kaiden, who are two of my least favourite characters in the series, really helped much. Yeah Kaiden just got fucked up by a robot lady, whatever, just get him out of my squad.

But once we got to the Citadel and I actually got to go around, talking to people, seeing what was up, then things started getting really good. As in all bioware games, the character writing is the most interesting and enjoyable part of it, and meeting up with Garrus and Wrex again was really cool because it actually felt like the characters knew and liked each other. Seeing Jack again was great and she got a really cool bit of character development, Grunt got his moment of awesome (and how awesome it was!), Kasumi got a mission and she is still a fun character, etc. That's by far the most enjoyable aspect of the game for me so far, Shepard talking to all the people he knew from previous adventures.

So yeah, a lot of cool moments there.

As much as I don't give two shits about the Reapers as baddies, and in the previous games was way more into the other parts of the setting, in this one they make it work a lot better. The Reapers are still not very interesting to me, but the war that they cause and the responses to that are a great setting for a game and they do a great job of making it all seem very tense with Shepard having (admittedly somewhat cliched) dreams and being pretty haggard, everyone is desperately grabbing for whatever help they can to fight the Reapers, emotions are fraught etc. That's all good and I like it a lot.

It occurred to me a few hours in that I actually did care about these people, simulated as they are. The history my Shepard has with them, what they are all trying to do, the choices and problems they all face, I actually want them to mean something. Not in terms of having massive galactic impact, more in a sense of the camaraderie, the friendship that comes out of that. To my Shepard, the people he is around mean something simply by virtue of who they are, and I get that feeling myself when I play.

So yeah, good job on that, writers.

Solar on
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Well said, solar.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

That was exactly what I thought at first. And I'm still not dismissing that possibility.

you humans are all racist
    man, she was just giving you an asari-style farewell and a moment of peace to calm your mind and shit

no reason to assume she rapes you just because she's an asari

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

you humans are all racist
    man, she was just giving you an asari-style farewell and a moment of peace to calm your mind and shit

no reason to assume she rapes you just because she's an asari

Can you blame royard for thinking that though?

• Options
    no one was using the r-word gross person

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Guys, you should totally check this video out. 2 minutes, no commentary. It plays the endings side-by-side together, and it really really shows
    When you look at this, there's no more needed be said about the laziness of the ending.

royard on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Regarding renegade interrupts in general:
    Look, my main Shepard rolls mostly Paragon, but if you pull a gun on me and I am given the option to do so, I will put you down, because I did not make it to N7 standing around letting people point guns at me.

This discussion has been closed.