Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Obama Administration: Re-Elected! 332-206 (Probably)

24567102

Posts

  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    but if Santorum will speed the decline of this nation it may be for the better.

    Wait, are you implying that you want America to fail?

    It already has. The next few decades will be nothing but death pangs.

    How has America already failed?

  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I stopped at #2 because of blatant lies


    Can't tell if you're joking. You know it's still open right?

    Can't tell if you're joking. You know that it is still open because the house/senate stopped Obama from closing it, right?

    You know he doesn't need congressional approval to close it right?

    I guess if you just want him to shoot everyone that is currently held there, that is technically true.

    But something about that seems wrong to me.

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I stopped at #2 because of blatant lies


    Can't tell if you're joking. You know it's still open right?

    Can't tell if you're joking. You know that it is still open because the house/senate stopped Obama from closing it, right?

    You know he doesn't need congressional approval to close it right?

    You do know you're dead wrong, right?

    Someone has to fund the thing, Someone has to take the prisoners, someone has to host the trial. All these things were stopped by both parties in Congress.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Harrisonburg, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    rayofash wrote: »
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    but if Santorum will speed the decline of this nation it may be for the better.

    Wait, are you implying that you want America to fail?

    It already has. The next few decades will be nothing but death pangs.
    And your evidence for this is...?

    Captain Carrot on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I stopped at #2 because of blatant lies


    Can't tell if you're joking. You know it's still open right?

    Can't tell if you're joking. You know that it is still open because the house/senate stopped Obama from closing it, right?

    You know he doesn't need congressional approval to close it right?

    You do know you're dead wrong, right?

    Someone has to fund the thing, Someone has to take the prisoners, someone has to host the trial. All these things were stopped by both parties in Congress.

    Yeah. That wasn't Obama's fault.

  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    Most of us here have not abandoned hope for the United States.

    Most of us here plan to vote for Obama.

    Take that however you wish.

    CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    rayofash on
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    Americas dollar has slowly been losing its value and to ad insult to injury countries are switching off the petrodollar (the USDs backing). The Federal Reserve has been artificially preventing inflation by loaning out at 0%-2% interest which they plan to stop doing in 2014. All it takes to crash Americas economy is for the Saudis to stop trading their oil with the USD which they could very well do as Americas dollar continues to devalue.

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    We're still the world's reserve currency and that isn't changing anytime soon. And our economy is improving like gangbusters compared to the UK and Europe's.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah. Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    You're right. Clearly we should let the United States die rather then save it. Better to have Snow Crash then no cash, amirite?

    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

    I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • MvrckMvrck Registered User regular
    Well guys, Ray said we failed.

    Anyone that wants to go form a socialist commune on what used to be Federal land, let me know. Taking some names, getting some things together while the rest of the nation still thinks there's a chance of recovery. I figure we can hire a contracting firm and charge it to the Fed, and our new fortress may be complete before they realize the country is actually gone.

    mvrck.png
  • Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    You realize this has largely been true for the last two hundred years right? When was the last time a third party won a presidential election, or had major representation in the legislature? Pretending these are new issues, or not structural ones that have been around since the inception of the country, is pure goosery.

    If your thesis was correct, America should have completely collapsed during the Gilded Age more than a century ago. Hell, it was worse back then.

  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    You're right. Clearly we should let the United States die rather then save it. Better to have Snow Crash then no cash, amirite?

    There is no saving it. Unless you have some ideas? Hint: Voting and running for congress wont work. It's been tried.

  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Z0re wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    You realize this has largely been true for the last two hundred years right? When was the last time a third party won a presidential election, or had major representation in the legislature? Pretending these are new issues, or not structural ones that have been around since the inception of the country, is pure goosery.

    If your thesis was correct, America should have completely collapsed during the Gilded Age more than a century ago. Hell, it was worse back then.

    Big Business didn't start taking over until the early 1900s, the gilded age was much better for business. As for third party having representation in the legislature? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Party_(United_States,_1912)

    Yea it's always been a problem, but they've been making it even worse. It's absolutely impossible now.

    rayofash on
  • Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    Z0re wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    You realize this has largely been true for the last two hundred years right? When was the last time a third party won a presidential election, or had major representation in the legislature? Pretending these are new issues, or not structural ones that have been around since the inception of the country, is pure goosery.

    If your thesis was correct, America should have completely collapsed during the Gilded Age more than a century ago. Hell, it was worse back then.

    Big Business didn't start taking over until the early 1900s, the gilded age was much better for business. As for third party winning a presidential election and having representation in the legislature? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_Party_(United_States,_1912)

    Roosevelt lost that election, badly, and the Progressive Party didn't exactly last long after that single election.

    Your example is also one hundred years old.

  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Dude you are wrong. We are a functioning Democracy/republic. People just want this. You can talk all you like about the corrupting influence of money(and you should, its a problem and it's terrible) but in the end the politicians we have and the policies we have are a pretty much what the aggregate voter wants, with certain exception that are libel to change in time.

    Also since you're constantly proven wrong about your claims and when that happens to just change the subject I'm not sure why you think you have all the answers.

    Quire.jpg
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah. Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    You're right. Clearly we should let the United States die rather then save it. Better to have Snow Crash then no cash, amirite?

    There is no saving it. Unless you have some ideas? Hint: Voting and running for congress wont work. It's been tried.

    And what would you have done, oh Pony, Destroyer of Worlds?

    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

    I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    No, third parties in the US have had a long and vibrant history. The reason that third parties can't get traction today is twofold - one, no third party is willing to do the tough yeoman work to actually get traction, like competing in and winning local and state elections and building a solid reputation; and two, because the people who ARE willing to do that yeoman work find that it's a lot more effective to work within the existing parties to actually effect the changes they want.

    I'd take third parties more seriously if they'd stop being really bad jokes.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    You're right. Clearly we should let the United States die rather then save it. Better to have Snow Crash then no cash, amirite?

    There is no saving it. Unless you have some ideas? Hint: Voting and running for congress wont work. It's been tried.

    And what would you have done, oh Pony, Destroyer of Worlds?

    Wait for the inevitable collapse, by that time people will be fed up enough with Democrats and Republicans that maybe people can get in and fix things. More and more people are getting fed up to the point where the government is cracking down pretty hard, even the smallest political movements are infiltrated by the FBI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens'_Commission_to_Investigate_the_FBI

    There's also this: http://freestateproject.org/

  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    No, third parties in the US have had a long and vibrant history. The reason that third parties can't get traction today is twofold - one, no third party is willing to do the tough yeoman work to actually get traction, like competing in and winning local and state elections and building a solid reputation; and two, because the people who ARE willing to do that yeoman work find that it's a lot more effective to work within the existing parties to actually effect the changes they want.

    I'd take third parties more seriously if they'd stop being really bad jokes.

    Time for me to do my voting system routine:

    Duverger's Law - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger's_law

    Unless there's really fucking strong localised support for a third party movement, they might as well be dead because they've got no base to fall on. That's why it's so hard for other parties to get a foothold in American politics, the system just favours a two party duality - any other party outside of that duopoly either adapts and takes the place of one of them, or dies off. That's just how it works, and personally I think it'd be really nice if you guys could change that soon. Sure, proportional representation carries with it the stigma of "paralyzing compromise", but personally I'd say that's just how democracies are supposed to work anyway. You deal, you compromise, and make sure no single group of assholes get to rule the day.

    /my2cents

  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    rayofash wrote: »
    There's also this: http://freestateproject.org/

    Remind me how well that worked out for the 'Liberatarian (aka; anti-federalist pretending to be a libertarian)' candidate this primary season?

    23% of the republican vote?!?

    Amazing.

    Truly this is our future.

    Burtletoy on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I found Obama's comments re: the assault on Sandra Fluke rather interesting. For a country that has such extreme views in terms of freedom of speech, anyway.


    That sort of speech is not welcome, nor should it come with the expectation of protection.

    +1 Endearment, sir.

    The Ender on
    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    No, third parties in the US have had a long and vibrant history. The reason that third parties can't get traction today is twofold - one, no third party is willing to do the tough yeoman work to actually get traction, like competing in and winning local and state elections and building a solid reputation; and two, because the people who ARE willing to do that yeoman work find that it's a lot more effective to work within the existing parties to actually effect the changes they want.

    I'd take third parties more seriously if they'd stop being really bad jokes.

    Time for me to do my voting system routine:

    Duverger's Law - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger's_law

    Unless there's really fucking strong localised support for a third party movement, they might as well be dead because they've got no base to fall on. That's why it's so hard for other parties to get a foothold in American politics, the system just favours a two party duality - any other party outside of that duopoly either adapts and takes the place of one of them, or dies off. That's just how it works, and personally I think it'd be really nice if you guys could change that soon. Sure, proportional representation carries with it the stigma of "paralyzing compromise", but personally I'd say that's just how democracies are supposed to work anyway. You deal, you compromise, and make sure no single group of assholes get to rule the day.

    /my2cents

    Have you read up on American history? Third parties have played a significant role throughout, both for good (Populist/Progressive) and ill (Know-Nothing). Everyone loves to cite Duverger's Law, but it doesn't tell the whole story, and that becomes clear with even a cursory look at the history of politics in the US. Hell, if you actually are looking at dynamics, there's a solid argument to be made that we've had a three-party system in the US for most of the 20th century, with the "Dixiecrat" faction playing kingmaker between the Republicans and Democrats. (Part of the reason that we're seeing them lose their shit the past few years is because Obama won election without their support, which is a direct threat to them.)

    No, the reason that third parties currently fail in the US is because the current ones are an absolute joke. They don't try to build popular support and win at the lower levels - they grasp for the brass ring, hoping that winning a major office will get people to join them. Which doesn't work.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum
    Spoiler:
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    You've also got the end of the Iraq War (yes, on the Bush timeline, but we didn't ignore the government we set up) and the beginnings of the withdrawal from Afghanistan, scheduled to be complete in 2014.

    :^:

    Wasn't too pleased to read this update from the ACLU:

    http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/cia-we-do-not-concede-or-not-concede-waterboarding-illegal

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    No, third parties in the US have had a long and vibrant history. The reason that third parties can't get traction today is twofold - one, no third party is willing to do the tough yeoman work to actually get traction, like competing in and winning local and state elections and building a solid reputation; and two, because the people who ARE willing to do that yeoman work find that it's a lot more effective to work within the existing parties to actually effect the changes they want.

    I'd take third parties more seriously if they'd stop being really bad jokes.

    Time for me to do my voting system routine:

    Duverger's Law - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duverger's_law

    Unless there's really fucking strong localised support for a third party movement, they might as well be dead because they've got no base to fall on. That's why it's so hard for other parties to get a foothold in American politics, the system just favours a two party duality - any other party outside of that duopoly either adapts and takes the place of one of them, or dies off. That's just how it works, and personally I think it'd be really nice if you guys could change that soon. Sure, proportional representation carries with it the stigma of "paralyzing compromise", but personally I'd say that's just how democracies are supposed to work anyway. You deal, you compromise, and make sure no single group of assholes get to rule the day.

    /my2cents

    Have you read up on American history? Third parties have played a significant role throughout, both for good (Populist/Progressive) and ill (Know-Nothing). Everyone loves to cite Duverger's Law, but it doesn't tell the whole story, and that becomes clear with even a cursory look at the history of politics in the US. Hell, if you actually are looking at dynamics, there's a solid argument to be made that we've had a three-party system in the US for most of the 20th century, with the "Dixiecrat" faction playing kingmaker between the Republicans and Democrats. (Part of the reason that we're seeing them lose their shit the past few years is because Obama won election without their support, which is a direct threat to them.)

    No, the reason that third parties currently fail in the US is because the current ones are an absolute joke. They don't try to build popular support and win at the lower levels - they grasp for the brass ring, hoping that winning a major office will get people to join them. Which doesn't work.

    No, I haven't read much of American history, but from what I've read it would appear that any party that surfaces to challenge the two parties that were at the time dominant either overthrew one of them or vanished after a while. They gained popular support by focusing on single issues/ anything that made the public angry and unless they were incorporated into the dominant parties or surpassed them they simply vanished after a period of time. Yes, to me it would seem that they could influence public discourse and perhaps to some extent big party policy (and we see this today also in the Tea Party to some extent), but if they didn't succeed one party or got their politics assimilated into the "two party system", they sank.

    And you have to admit that the bar for admittance into the American political/ party game via the current voting system is indeed damn high for pretty much anyone, people would have a much easier time getting their voices heard if they wouldn't have to break ~40% to get represented.

  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    There's also this: http://freestateproject.org/

    Remind me how well that worked out for the 'Liberatarian (aka; anti-federalist pretending to be a libertarian)' candidate this primary season?

    23% of the republican vote?!?

    Amazing.

    Truly this is our future.

    If you're talking about Ron Paul the GOP has been openly committing fraud against him:

    Edit: Also the FSP already has 15 people in the house of representatives.

    rayofash on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/15/10702389-obamas-image-on-american-flag-angers-vets
    Obama’s face filled the blue-and-stars section of the flag, which was flying underneath the traditional American one on a flagpole at the Lake County Democratic Party headquarters.

    "It's a cult of personality to show his face, like Stalin or Mao," John Masterjohn, a former Marine and retired schoolteacher from Leesburg, told the Orlando Sentinel.

    Nancy Hurlbert, chairwoman of the local Democratic party, told the group that they could not remove the flag, which was given as a gift: "We are proud of our president, we're proud of the United States, and we felt it was time to display that."

    easybossfight_zps4752c132.gif
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/15/10702389-obamas-image-on-american-flag-angers-vets
    Obama’s face filled the blue-and-stars section of the flag, which was flying underneath the traditional American one on a flagpole at the Lake County Democratic Party headquarters.

    "It's a cult of personality to show his face, like Stalin or Mao," John Masterjohn, a former Marine and retired schoolteacher from Leesburg, told the Orlando Sentinel.

    Nancy Hurlbert, chairwoman of the local Democratic party, told the group that they could not remove the flag, which was given as a gift: "We are proud of our president, we're proud of the United States, and we felt it was time to display that."

    Morons. Why do people not think about their actions? How did they think this was going to go? Ugh.

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    It's pretty poorly designed flag, to boot.

    But how about this? We'll stop putting up things like this when they stop flying confederate flags and accusing Obama of being black in public.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/15/10702389-obamas-image-on-american-flag-angers-vets
    Obama’s face filled the blue-and-stars section of the flag, which was flying underneath the traditional American one on a flagpole at the Lake County Democratic Party headquarters.

    "It's a cult of personality to show his face, like Stalin or Mao," John Masterjohn, a former Marine and retired schoolteacher from Leesburg, told the Orlando Sentinel.

    Nancy Hurlbert, chairwoman of the local Democratic party, told the group that they could not remove the flag, which was given as a gift: "We are proud of our president, we're proud of the United States, and we felt it was time to display that."

    Both sides of this argument are silly. Putting Obama's face on the (would be) stars & stripes is dumb, but political figures have been wrapping themselves in the flag for centuries now; the awesomely named John Masterjohn should just roll his eyes and move on, if you ask me.

    Cult of personality? No more than any successful politician or public figure (including the radio and FOX News jabberjaws who will inevitably go on and on about this). Lenny Kravitz's song is equally true now as it was when he first sang it.

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic I've Done Worse Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    The Federal Reserve has been artificially preventing inflation by loaning out at 0%-2% interest which they plan to stop doing in 2014.

    Printing money holds off inflation? I think I will use this statement as a standard to calibrate my assessment of your statements by.

    Trogg wrote: »
    Not as positive as AIDS and cancer, but positive nonetheless.

    PSN: QuipFilter
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    rayofash wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    There's also this: http://freestateproject.org/

    Remind me how well that worked out for the 'Liberatarian (aka; anti-federalist pretending to be a libertarian)' candidate this primary season?

    23% of the republican vote?!?

    Amazing.

    Truly this is our future.

    If you're talking about Ron Paul the GOP has been openly committing fraud against him:

    Edit: Also the FSP already has 15 people in the house of representatives.

    So why didn't he win more than 23% of the vote in the state where the FreeStateProject actually is, rather than some random video about Georgia?

    (Edit: Also, random Georgia video is titled delegate fraud, which is not equal to voter fraud, aka has no effect on him only winning 23% of the vote, but I'm not going to take any time watching the video, since it is irrelevant to New Hampshire)

    Also, can I get a cite for that 15 people in the house of Representatives? The closest I see is wikipedia claiming "12 "Free Staters" (project early movers) were elected to the 400-member New Hampshire House of Representatives." which is a significantly different claim than what you put forth. 3% is not all that impressive.

    Burtletoy on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    There's also this: http://freestateproject.org/

    Remind me how well that worked out for the 'Liberatarian (aka; anti-federalist pretending to be a libertarian)' candidate this primary season?

    23% of the republican vote?!?

    Amazing.

    Truly this is our future.

    To be fair when your most famous mascots are Ron Paul and Ayn Rand it isn't going to get many voters.

    Harry Dresden on
  • CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote:
    It already has. The next few decades will be nothing but death pangs.

    You remind me of those Romans who lamented the hopeless decline of Rome throughout its thousand year history. Your country ain't finished yet. Oh, unless you all want it to be. In which case, can England have the nice bits back?

  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    It's pretty poorly designed flag, to boot.

    But how about this? We'll stop putting up things like this when they stop flying confederate flags and accusing Obama of being black in public.

    Wat.

    How about we stop flying tacky flags over our headquarters because it's a sensible thing to do. What's next - macaroni art displayed in the lobby that resembles the POTUS?

    easybossfight_zps4752c132.gif
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    It's pretty poorly designed flag, to boot.

    But how about this? We'll stop putting up things like this when they stop flying confederate flags and accusing Obama of being black in public.

    Wat.

    How about we stop flying tacky flags over our headquarters because it's a sensible thing to do. What's next - macaroni art displayed in the lobby that resembles the POTUS?

    You don't want my statue :(

    I agree, and if it's my decision I wouldn't put it up. But I don't really think that the GOP has a leg to stand on here by screaming PERSONALITY CULT.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Ascension. Ascension. Hallelujah. Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    >How has America already failed?

    We no longer have a functioning Democracy. We have a single party system controlled by lobbyists from corporate and special interest groups. They even write laws that congress is passing. They pass laws to stomp out 'unfair competition' and create regulatory departments that are then taken over by the corporations that payed to have them created.

    Congress has been locked at 535 members to keep congressional districts growing to make it harder and more expensive to get in. The system has been rigged to make it so no 3rd party candidate has a chance.

    You're right. Clearly we should let the United States die rather then save it. Better to have Snow Crash then no cash, amirite?

    There is no saving it. Unless you have some ideas? Hint: Voting and running for congress wont work. It's been tried.

    And what would you have done, oh Pony, Destroyer of Worlds?

    Wait for the inevitable collapse, by that time people will be fed up enough with Democrats and Republicans that maybe people can get in and fix things. More and more people are getting fed up to the point where the government is cracking down pretty hard, even the smallest political movements are infiltrated by the FBI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens'_Commission_to_Investigate_the_FBI

    There's also this: http://freestateproject.org/

    How many bitcoins equals one knut, again?

    Raoul Duke wrote:
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

    I have a tumblr.
    Check it out.
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    rayofash wrote: »
    The Federal Reserve has been artificially preventing inflation by loaning out at 0%-2% interest which they plan to stop doing in 2014.

    Printing money holds off inflation? I think I will use this statement as a standard to calibrate my assessment of your statements by.

    That's the Feds logic not mine. They think by giving discounts it will encourage investments but all it does is risk hyperinflation. To undo the damage will require interest rates as high as 15% for years on end.

  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    There's also this: http://freestateproject.org/

    Remind me how well that worked out for the 'Liberatarian (aka; anti-federalist pretending to be a libertarian)' candidate this primary season?

    23% of the republican vote?!?

    Amazing.

    Truly this is our future.

    If you're talking about Ron Paul the GOP has been openly committing fraud against him:

    Edit: Also the FSP already has 15 people in the house of representatives.

    So why didn't he win more than 23% of the vote in the state where the FreeStateProject actually is, rather than some random video about Georgia?

    (Edit: Also, random Georgia video is titled delegate fraud, which is not equal to voter fraud, aka has no effect on him only winning 23% of the vote, but I'm not going to take any time watching the video, since it is irrelevant to New Hampshire)

    Also, can I get a cite for that 15 people in the house of Representatives? The closest I see is wikipedia claiming "12 "Free Staters" (project early movers) were elected to the 400-member New Hampshire House of Representatives." which is a significantly different claim than what you put forth. 3% is not all that impressive.

    The 12 is an old number, the 15 is from a more recent interview with Reason magazine. Just because it's only 15 now doesn't mean the numbers wont go up. More people are moving to NH.

    The fraud video shows fraud is taking place, if you want voter numbers here's a link: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/220691?page=1 Just because there's no hard evidence yet doesn't mean it's not happening.

  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Just because there is no evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen?

    Really?

    Good luck with that Evilution.


    Also; that link is a GOLD MINE of comedy. Thanks for that.

    The vote total for ron paul was much higher than the vote total for ron paul, because we (ron pauls fan club) said so!


    Edit: Anyways. This isn't the Ron Paul Sucks thread. Sorry for derailing it. I'll stop now. Scouts honor.

    Burtletoy on
This discussion has been closed.