Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[East] PAX East Platoon

ArmyKnifeArmyKnife Registered User
edited March 2012 in PAX Archive
Hi everyone. I know there's been a lot of discussion about the disappointments with the ending for ME3, and I don't want that to happen here. This is a spoiler-free board and it isn't the BSN boards, either.

I'd just like to make it known for those fans who have finished the game, or those who haven't but are still upset about the way it ends, I'm trying to organize a group of fans to stand together and voice our concerns at the Mass Effect panel. This isn't to be rude, violent, or in any way break the rules of the event or to detract from it. We just want to make our voices heard. It's a lot harder to ignore fans speaking directly to you than it is to ignore posts on a forum. There's the secondary purpose in trying to find some solace in companionship, as well.

The BioWare Social Network (BSN) group for this effort is here: http://social.bioware.com/group/7049/

Again, this is not to be disruptive to the panel nor the convention in any way. I LOVE PAX East, and I love Mass Effect. We just want our voices to be heard. Of course if BW changes the ending before PAX East this group will just be a social thing.

This is a spoiler-free thread so please remember that. We're not here to discuss the ending, just meeting up. Organizing of questions to ask and how we want to do this will take place in the BSN group.

Thank you all,
- ArmyKnife

• zerzhulzerzhul Old General Registered User, Moderator mod
    Why not just show up and ask the question if they do a Q&A? Actively organizing a group to "voice concerns" sounds exactly like disrupting the panel. If it already has a Q&A, just ask your Q and hear their A. Not really complicated, likely not needing organization.

Also, I don't think this is the forum to organize a social group about a game on a different forum/website. The Games & Tech subforum is probably more well suited for that.

• ArmyKnifeArmyKnife Registered User
    edited March 2012
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Why not just show up and ask the question if they do a Q&A? Actively organizing a group to "voice concerns" sounds exactly like disrupting the panel. If it already has a Q&A, just ask your Q and hear their A. Not really complicated, likely not needing organization.

Also, I don't think this is the forum to organize a social group about a game on a different forum/website. The Games & Tech subforum is probably more well suited for that.

I sent a PM to Moe Fwacky about this, and if it's a completely inappropriate thread I'd be more than happy to delete it :)

Also the exact specifics of how this would work haven't been worked out. I honestly do not want to be disruptive to a panel or to people who are there to enjoy PAX, I certainly am going to enjoy it myself. I just think that at the very least having a social group to discuss the ME3 ending with and maybe just hang out is worth it.

ArmyKnife on
  • ChorazinChorazin Registered User regular
    Wow, was the ending so controversial as to warrant all this? If a bunch of people came into a panel to protest something it certainly would cause a disrupion to all the people who just wanted to enjoy the panel.

It would throw off the timetable of the panel causing problems for the panelists, Enforcers who run the equipment, and cut Q&A time (which there is never really enough of.) Sounds like a real violation of Wheaton's Law.

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • kropotkinkropotkin Mr London UKRegistered User regular
    I want to bite my tongue on this one, but the reference to Wheaton's Law in the above post has forced my hand.

Where in the world do you get off @ArmyKnife ? This post is a symptom of the disease that is the misplaced sence of entitlement that is running rampant throughout the video game fan base. I for one do not wish to see it in full display at PAX East or any other convention for that matter. If you were to go through with this then you'll likely scare off any other developers from attending PAX for fear of being mob handed by a bunch of disgruntled video game fans, just because they are of the opinion that they 'ruined their game'.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    Okay, I think we're done here.

• TubeTube Says some shit Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Y'all need to grow up

This discussion has been closed.