Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PA comic: Monday March 12, 2012 - Multiplicity

BrogeyBrogey High MaintenanceSanta Monica, CASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
edited March 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-nwXkCmJ-XL.jpg

Fitocracy: bogey1 Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom
PSN: Bogestrom

SE++ Secret Satans | Thank you post | Second!

• KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I thought this was a great comic... but...

First panel was great, and ended great.

Second panel you could tell was a transition panel, but still felt really good.

I think the third panel might have been my favorite of all, but the punctuation after the last word retroactively ruined every word of the previous three panels.

camo_sig2.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    What the hell happened to the first thread for this?

Specifically, Tycho's Shepard has an ostrich neck.

1Slimus.jpg
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino omfg Registered User regular
    Khildith wrote: »

I think the third panel might have been my favorite of all, but the punctuation after the last word retroactively ruined every word of the previous three panels.

if this is a subtle dig at the supposedly-horrible ME3 ending, bravo.

(note: i still haven't played ME3, and i will KILL if anyone drops spoilers)

ffNewSig.png
    twitter | steam | 3ds: 4227 1731 4009 | HELLO THERE, SATAN!
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular

I was afraid I was being too subtle, so thank you. :D

camo_sig2.png
  • AurichAurich Registered User regular
    I thought you were really upset about the use of "?!" rather than "!?" or whatever. Too subtle for me :P. Then again, people get nitpicky as fuck about grammar in these parts.

Srsly tho, so far the Mass Effect games haven't really lived up to the image they were selling of crafting your own unique story. This comic implies, and I have to settle for implications until I can get around to playing the dang game, that they have at last settled the narrative bill on all those choices we've been making.

• lordlundarlordlundar Registered User regular

I was afraid I was being too subtle, so thank you. :D

There was a delay on me getting the joke but that made it all the better. :lol:

Well played good sir, well played.

• OtisWildOtisWild Registered User regular
    I'm still a bit depressed over the ending(s). I suppose that if I'm still feeling it days later, that means it's art.

I'm also curious to see how they'll handle DLC (over and above the launch DLC).

I don't think I can handle another runthru actually, though I have a few other ME2 save games (carried over from ME1 even!) that I could run thru.
    Spoiler:

• ThanatosiaThanatosia Registered User regular
    I'm still a bit depressed over the ending(s). I suppose that if I'm still feeling it days later, that means it's art.
    I've been in a steady Angry/bitter/depressed funk for the last 3 days over the ME3 ending. And I don't just mean that I get that way when I actively think about the ending... it's just been my mood over the entire last 3 days because of the ending. I've been disapointed by bad endings to fictions, serries, movies, books, etc that i've enjoyed before, but I dont think i've ever been hit this hard by one. The let down is just so over the top compared to how attached I had gotten to those characters and setting. I dunno if would agree that makes it art. I'm just mad. Probably more then I can rationally justify being.

• HenroidHenroid Nobody Nowhere fastRegistered User regular
    Frequent sequels is the bane of being late to jump into a series. Once part 3 comes out, all bets are off for spoilers on part 2.

Meanwhile, I have yet to play any Mass Effect games. :(

"Ultima Online Pre-Trammel is the perfect example of why libertarians are full of shit."
    - @Ludious
    PA Lets Play Archive - Twitter - Blog (6/15/14)
  • Maz-Maz- Now it's Shulk time! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I haven't played through it yet, but from the way people are complaining about it, I think I can make a pretty good guess as to what happens in the ending.
    While I can't say I'd be happy about it, I think it's a fine way to end this series. Everyone who was expecting a flowers-and-rainbows super special happy ending hasn't been paying much attention throughout the trilogy.

Maz- on
    Steam | Origin: MazPA | 3DS: 1848-2888-3654 | Nintendo Network ID: Maz_PA
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I liked the ending, i'm sick of every damned game ending the same way, something different was a nice change.

WII U NNID- talios
    steam-taliosfalcon
    XBL-AdeptPenguin
  • Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Frequent sequels is the bane of being late to jump into a series. Once part 3 comes out, all bets are off for spoilers on part 2.

Meanwhile, I have yet to play any Mass Effect games. :(

Well don't worry. There aren't really any spoilers in the comic. Things like a character dying, are up to you. It's just a gameplay element that you can get your squad killed. So it's not really part of the story that any specific character dies.

"Not far below you is a large horizontal plane which proves beneficial in maximizing the exploitation of gravity."
  • Platypus BeirutPlatypus Beirut Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Everyone who was expecting a flowers-and-rainbows super special happy ending hasn't been paying much attention throughout the trilogy.

Maybe people just expected that the many choices they made during the course of three games would somehow matter at the end.

• SerukoSeruko Ferocious Kitten of The Farthest NorthRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I liked the ending, i'm sick of every damned game ending the same way, something different was a nice change.
    Spoiler:

Seruko on
    "How are you going to play Dota if your fingers and bitten off? You can't. That's how" -> Carnarvon
    "You can be yodeling bear without spending a dime if you get lucky." -> reVerse
    "In the grim darkness of the future, we will all be nurses catering to the whims of terrible old people." -> Hacksaw
    "In fact, our whole society will be oriented around caring for one very decrepit, very old man on total life support." -> SKFM
    I mean, the first time I met a non-white person was when this Vietnamese kid tried to break my legs but that was entirely fair because he was a centreback, not because he was a subhuman beast in some zoo ->yotes
  • ThanatosiaThanatosia Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    I haven't played through it yet, but from the way people are complaining about it, I think I can make a pretty good guess as to what happens in the ending.
    While I can't say I'd be happy about it, I think it's a fine way to end this series. Everyone who was expecting a flowers-and-rainbows super special happy ending hasn't been paying much attention throughout the trilogy.
    I can say with certainty your guess is wrong. It's not about a flowers and rainbows ending that has people mad at it. I'll explain under spoiler coverage:
    Spoiler:

• Maz-Maz- Now it's Shulk time! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Ah, okay then.
    I thought it was
    (pure speculation)
    Spoiler:
    and / or
    (speculation based on mid-game spoilers)
    Spoiler:

Kinda glad I was wrong then :P

Maz- on
    Steam | Origin: MazPA | 3DS: 1848-2888-3654 | Nintendo Network ID: Maz_PA
  • LuDuxLuDux Registered User
    Mostly its:
    Spoiler: