As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Middle Earth [chat]

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Heya Cass.

Bets on what the new LoL champ will be?

a ranged ad carry with big tits

I'd love another ranged ad carry but man... sick of tits.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Leitner has often had anime avatars, because he is a cool dude.

So what is wrong with us Inqy?

We need to compete for the sexy [chat] ladies. Our lack of anime is hurting our stock, know what I'm sayin'?

I'm too busy feeling like a creeper having gone on a date with a girl who turned out to be six years my junior.

Being back in community college is weird.

I had a date last night with a girl 5 years younger than myself. But I'm 30 so it's not too weird (right? Or am I gross and need to end myself before something terrible happens?)

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Ahahaah my brother is such a little bitch sometimes it's hilarious.

I'm the one with the most modeling tools (files, xacto knives, hand drills, glue, paint brushes, etc) earlier I was letting my brother borrow them, he built his stuff, gave them back. Some other friends got some models they wanted to build so I let them borrow them.

So now my brother got some new models and was wondering where my stuff was, I told him I wasn't sure, I think those other friends still have them. And he goes off on a little tirade about why in the world I would let them borrow them and how he needed them and how I was selfish for letting them borrow them (let that sink in!).

My god his pathetic whining is delicious.

Did you tell him to fuck off and go buy his own damn tools and stop being a little goose?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i just saw a picture of timothy leary in a skimpy, tie-dye muscle shirt

consequences will never be the same

It's not skimpy! It was just in the process of being torn asunder by the sheer magnitude of how awesome that festival was.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    6537009935_db68c7eb7c_z.jpg

• Options

We need to compete for the sexy [chat] ladies. Our lack of anime is hurting our stock, know what I'm sayin'?

I'm too busy feeling like a creeper having gone on a date with a girl who turned out to be six years my junior.

I had a date last night with a girl 5 years younger than myself. But I'm 30 so it's not too weird (right? Or am I gross and need to end myself before something terrible happens?)

I wouldn't say that is too weird given your age. As you get older age differences matter less and less I feel.

Six years my junior puts the girl at 18, and yeah...an 18 and a 24 are just worlds apart. Consequently, our date was pretty meh because we basically had nothing in common (didn't help that she's very much into latino culture and I'm just... not). I expect to be able to find some common ground because we are both enrolled in a Japanese class (figuring she was a closet weaboo) but nope, turns out she took the class on a lark.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i just saw a picture of timothy leary in a skimpy, tie-dye muscle shirt

consequences will never be the same

It's not skimpy! It was just in the process of being torn asunder by the sheer magnitude of how awesome that festival was.

whore

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012

(30/2) + 7 = 22
    25 > 22

you're good.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    free pie at work

diabeetus

poo
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Oh my goodness yes the people behind MWO are already fixing age old problems with the Mechwarrior franchise and the game isn't even out yet.

:D

That the range values make no sense?

Hehehe not that issue. That's more of a battletech issue (I was thinking mechwarrior the PC games specifically). It is hilarious how in battletech the bigger guns shoot less distance.

But the issue I was thinking of is how basically you can make assault/heavy laser boats, and when you see a mech running you can just blow a leg off with pin point laser accuracy, which basically made lights totally useless.

Well now lasers, when you fire, shoot for X seconds (looked like for about 1 second) and deal damage over time the entire time they are firing. So, lasers now have a tradeoff, instant travel time, but they need to be held on target to do full damage. And since both you and your target are moving the damage will likely be spread out over many systems, and since legs, especially on fast mechs, are moving a lot, it's really hard to just snipe a leg out.

That's not an improvement.

• Options
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Ahahaah my brother is such a little bitch sometimes it's hilarious.

I'm the one with the most modeling tools (files, xacto knives, hand drills, glue, paint brushes, etc) earlier I was letting my brother borrow them, he built his stuff, gave them back. Some other friends got some models they wanted to build so I let them borrow them.

So now my brother got some new models and was wondering where my stuff was, I told him I wasn't sure, I think those other friends still have them. And he goes off on a little tirade about why in the world I would let them borrow them and how he needed them and how I was selfish for letting them borrow them (let that sink in!).

My god his pathetic whining is delicious.

Did you tell him to fuck off and go buy his own damn tools and stop being a little goose?

In a more roundabout way, he was like "god I guess I'm just going to have to buy my OWN tools" in like, a way that is obviously going "oh, woe is me, look at my suffering, how dare you put me through this, guilt trip, guilt trip" and I said "Yeah, I guess you will."

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

no, it's how you should roll when you're in your thirties.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I wouldn't say that is too weird given your age. As you get older age differences matter less and less I feel.

Six years my junior puts the girl at 18, and yeah...an 18 and a 24 are just worlds apart. Consequently, our date was pretty meh because we basically had nothing in common (didn't help that she's very much into latino culture and I'm just... not). I expect to be able to find some common ground because we are both enrolled in a Japanese class (figuring she was a closet weaboo) but nope, turns out she took the class on a lark.

(24/2) + 7 = 19
    19 > 18

You're a creeper.

• Options
    Oh my goodness yes the people behind MWO are already fixing age old problems with the Mechwarrior franchise and the game isn't even out yet.

Hehehe not that issue. That's more of a battletech issue (I was thinking mechwarrior the PC games specifically). It is hilarious how in battletech the bigger guns shoot less distance.

But the issue I was thinking of is how basically you can make assault/heavy laser boats, and when you see a mech running you can just blow a leg off with pin point laser accuracy, which basically made lights totally useless.

Well now lasers, when you fire, shoot for X seconds (looked like for about 1 second) and deal damage over time the entire time they are firing. So, lasers now have a tradeoff, instant travel time, but they need to be held on target to do full damage. And since both you and your target are moving the damage will likely be spread out over many systems, and since legs, especially on fast mechs, are moving a lot, it's really hard to just snipe a leg out.

I guess we shall just have to agree to disagree.

Anything that makes lighter mechs more viable is a huge step in the right direction in my opinion, but, I'm sure not everyone feels as I do.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

(24/2) + 7 = 19
    19 > 18

You're a creeper.

I told you I felt like a creeper! I didn't know her age until today (girls tend not to be free with this information) I had her ballparked at 20.

I was wrong.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    The after picture is supposed to look better! Don't use a nice, outdoors, taken-by-another-person photo for the before picture and a horrible, cell-phone-and-mirror picture for the after!

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    the end of this paper is in sight

• Options
    wandering wrote: »
    The after picture is supposed to look better! Don't use a nice, outdoors, taken-by-another-person photo for the before picture and a horrible, cell-phone-and-mirror picture for the after!

that after picture looks way better!

sure, composition and lighting are nice but it is not like she looks worse after.

• Options
    free pie at work

diabeetus

Pizza pie, right?
    People didn't bring in dessert pies to work, did they?
    I am so confused.

• Options

(24/2) + 7 = 19
    19 > 18

You're a creeper.

I told you I felt like a creeper! I didn't know her age until today (girls tend not to be free with this information) I had her ballparked at 20.

I was wrong.

I don't care how bad it kills the mood to ask for gov issue photo ID and finger prints from my dates. I have to know.

• Options
    the end of this paper is in sight

herstory herstory herstory herstory safe spaces our spaces non-shared spaces herstory herstory phobia herstory

the end

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

It's not gross. It can make life a bit more difficult when there is a large gap but as long as there is enough maturity for both partners then it's fine.

• Options

(24/2) + 7 = 19
    19 > 18

You're a creeper.

I was wrong.

Fuck it bro, you're undergrads. So long as you aren't banging a doogie howseresque 14 year old, no one cares.

• Options

(24/2) + 7 = 19
    19 > 18

You're a creeper.

I was wrong.

This reminds me of a conversation my brother in law and I had a couple of years ago when we saw some girls walking home from getting off school and dubbed them "Prosti-tots".

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options

(24/2) + 7 = 19
    19 > 18

You're a creeper.

I was wrong.

I don't care how bad it kills the mood to ask for gov issue photo ID and finger prints from my dates. I have to know.

i have never done this. i think there's a very real possibility i've slept with minors unknowingly, but not with enough of a gap to be statutory something or other.

• Options

Anything that makes lighter mechs more viable is a huge step in the right direction in my opinion, but, I'm sure not everyone feels as I do.

Light mechs are for scouting roles. Light mech pilots who come across a heavy/assault mech and decide to pick a fight with it should lose, especially in the multi-role aspects that MWO is pushing.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Fuck I've got no parsley. This is the worst thing that has ever happened. GOD

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Fuck I've got no parsley. This is the worst thing that has ever happened. GOD

worst
    of
    all
    possible
    worlds

• Options

It's not gross. It can make life a bit more difficult when there is a large gap but as long as there is enough maturity for both partners then it's fine.

I wore a tight star trek t-shirt. Is that mature enough?

• Options

Did it have Picard on it?

• Options

Depends. What series is it tied to?

• Options
    My 42 year old best man is dating a 24 year old. I will give him shit about this until 2020.

• Options
    My 42 year old best man is dating a 24 year old. I will give him shit about this until 2020.

I'm dating a 23 year old. Of course I'm 11 years younger then your best man.

• Options

TOS. It was a gift from a friend shortly after the "new" movie came out.

(I also wore a sweater over top of it so as to hide my nerdyness until the proper time)

• Options

wait, i'm not 42...

...oh.

oh, i see.

well, this is awkward.

• Options

(I also wore a sweater over top of it so as to hide my nerdyness until the proper time)

Creeper. Kirk's virgin fetish is well documented.

• Options

Light mechs are for scouting roles. Light mech pilots who come across a heavy/assault mech and decide to pick a fight with it should lose, especially in the multi-role aspects that MWO is pushing.

Yes, they will probably die horribly if they decide to pick a fight, because there are still plenty of other weapons to fire, and lasers will still hurt. Now you can actually scout though, because before if you saw a heavy when you were a light, they would just alpha strike one of your legs off instantly.

• Options
    oh my god, i'm not trying to be mean... but this thing in the PAX forum is so awkward and embarrassing i have third party cringing going on. i feel like i'm watching an episode of the office. there's a thread about like, a 'PAX Party' where i guess they'll have a DJ and all, and people are like WOOOO GAMERS AND BOOZE, THERE'D BETTER BE CAMERAS, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

it's so weird and awkward i don't know how to feel.

• Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKmrdFMv9D0

This discussion has been closed.