As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Middle Earth [chat]

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    ok kinda freaking out, I've noticed a good amount of hair falling out which probably means I am not absorbing enough protein

fuck gotta reevaluate my diet

patrick stewart

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Ludious wrote:
    ok kinda freaking out, I've noticed a good amount of hair falling out which probably means I am not absorbing enough protein

It isn't male pattern baldness kicking right? (I kid) Do they check your blood levels constantly still after your surgery? Because they would probably be a good thing.

I'm due for that soon so yes.

And if it's male pattern baldness it came out of nowhere genetically. But no I have super thick hair. I have so much hair I am prone to bad, nasty ingrown hair bumps on my scalp. If I lost 30% of my hair over my entire head, nobody would notice.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    @DoctorArch Are you going to accept that offer?

And that's not "the East Side." That's "Eastern Washington." You'll be about 20% closer to me than you are now. :bz

That bee is sticking his tongue out.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    i'd like to get a PhD in videogames. Yeah, seriously. I love video Games so much i want to devote my life to them.

Are you any good at programming them or designing mechanics or creating art assets? Because I don't think you can get a degree in playing or enjoying or even criticizing video games. You can work towards those others though.

You could get a degree studying media or in media criticism and focus on video games.

I mean, you could try really hard if you wanted to, just critiquing video games whenever you are given an open assignment to do so. But I don't think any media studies programs will allow video game criticism as an actual degree specialization.

Probably would be a media or journalism degree. An English degree would probably work as well. But it is kind of like book reviewers or TV critics, they have a general degree and develop a focus.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Balding doesn't necessarily scare me anyway. What scares me is the reasons behind it, and gastric bypass patients hair falling out= not enough protein and all that comes with that

Ludious on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    my mom wants me to go to CAMH. I am considering it.

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I'm addicted to Downton Abbey! Ahhh!

You're the second person whose opinion I care about that says this.

I will punch you if it sucks.

Do you like English period pieces?

If yes, you'll like Downton Abbey.

If not, you won't like Downton Abbey.

I just like drama, no matter the time period. I should love Telenovas but..eh.

I sat through all of Nip/Tuck just for the drama even though it got to levels of beyond crazy.

Only people who like Telenovelas are women who marry wife-beaters.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

It isn't male pattern baldness kicking right? (I kid) Do they check your blood levels constantly still after your surgery? Because they would probably be a good thing.

I'm due for that soon so yes.

And if it's male pattern baldness it came out of nowhere genetically. But no I have super thick hair. I have so much hair I am prone to bad, nasty ingrown hair bumps on my scalp. If I lost 30% of my hair over my entire head, nobody would notice.

If it a protein deficiency(losing hair can be from a few things look at my stuff on malnutrition) I would probably focus on a short term stop gap and maybe get the blood work moved up? That way you know exactly what it is and you and your doctor can alter your diet as necessary.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    my mom wants me to go to CAMH. I am considering it.

CAMH is good people, in my admittedly limited experience dealing with them.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    it is unbelievable to me that doctorates exist about video games

the study of games in general is fascinating, the study of entertainment is fascinating, and both are enormously important windows in psychology and art

video games are moving towards a point where calling them "video games" is a misnomer, as there are already many which are even games, and "video" is an injustice to the level of richness and interactivity available

that said, most video games are juvenile, corporate, insipid fluff that ram together narratives, game design, and art design that is all outdated and immature

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i'm thinking working in the production would suit me well... Plus, i can always learn pro gramming, right?

it's not a tick on a resume like 'comfortable with excel and outlook'. it's an incredibly broad discipline that will take you a decade or more to master, and that is always changing.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

I sat through all of Nip/Tuck just for the drama even though it got to levels of beyond crazy.

No, sometimes people just want to see beautiful latin women smacking each other down stairs.

• Options
    I admit I like real life drama a lot. Like as long as it isn't life or death, I eat it up, especially when I am not involved but have a ringside seat. Like tomorrow we're having a departmental meeting that I know is going to be full of drama (not directed at me) and I am GIDDY.

I am a 14 year old girl at heart

chu stop pm'ing me

• Options
    I admit I like real life drama a lot. Like as long as it isn't life or death, I eat it up, especially when I am not involved but have a ringside seat. Like tomorrow we're having a departmental meeting that I know is going to be full of drama (not directed at me) and I am GIDDY.

chu stop pm'ing me

at least you admit it. 99% of drama queens say shit like NOT LOOKING FOR DRAMA or DON'T NEED DRAMA IN MY LIFE or something like that.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    @DoctorArch Are you going to accept that offer?

And that's not "the East Side." That's "Eastern Washington." You'll be about 20% closer to me than you are now. :bz

That bee is sticking his tongue out.

Yes. A summer job is a job, plus it pays and it gives me litigation experience.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

No, sometimes people just want to see beautiful latin women macking each other's down stairs.

• Options
    well EM, in that case i'm gonna lobby for a doctorate in Receiving Fellatio

• Options

chu stop pm'ing me

I love hearing about it, but I definitely hate being in the middle of it. I don't need it in my life unless I'm watching it on tv or am a bystander

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    most video games are juvenile, corporate, insipid fluff that ram together narratives, game design, and art design that is all outdated and immature
    Every once in a while though somebody comes out with a Shadow of the Colossus or a Photopia.

wandering on
  • Options
    I don't like to CAUSE drama (offline) I really don't. But to be in the middle of chaos is infinitely fascinating. Watching the way people turn on each other, form shaky alliances with people they hated 5 minutes ago OH SHIT I HAVE THE WEIRDEST BONER

• Options

chu stop pm'ing me

I love hearing about it, but I definitely hate being in the middle of it. I don't need it in my life unless I'm watching it on tv or am a bystander

lol

heard this a million times before from black girls in my school

DAMN YOUR BLACK BLOOD

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

That would be either reproductive anatomy or psychology. Maybe a biology base?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    So I had an ankle brace on my ankle which, after resting for a week - 10 days, I could work out while working, and my ankle feels great! Now my other joints are bothering me - likely due to compensating for the ankle - and I'm thinking of covering my body in braces - the world's most low-tech, cheapest cyborg.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:

my stipend is 4 BJs and 1 HJ a week

• Options
    lud's probably had enough mustard greens that he has some black blood, too

always the culprit

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Organichu wrote:

my stipend is 4 BJs and 1 HJ a week

Wait I got it! Human resources!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

chu stop pm'ing me

lol

DAMN YOUR BLACK BLOOD

you have to admit you enjoyed the saga of the white dick

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    what's a camh?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

chu stop pm'ing me

lol

DAMN YOUR BLACK BLOOD

you have to admit you enjoyed the saga of the white dick

YOU KNOW I DON'T FUCK WITH WHITE DICK LIKE THAT

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    what's a camh?

center for addiction and mental health

its a hospital basically

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Sick fires bro. (ME3 ending humor.)
    Dashui wrote: »
    photo1ej.png

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Elldren wrote:
    what's a camh?

Google says this.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    In fact, Cass - come for muffins and pizza. It'll make me more productive and less wallowing-y. But be sure to bring more booze, bottle # 2 didn'T have the effect I desired (I can still see).

• Options
    I am the whitest white guy. I do have some choctaw and various other native blood in me, and there is speculation that I may have some black blood as well down the line, but nobody's admitting to it. I'd like to believe I do.

• Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    In fact, Cass - come for muffins and pizza. It'll make me more productive and less wallowing-y. But be sure to bring more booze, bottle # 2 didn'T have the effect I desired (I can still see).

i would do it tonight if i didn't have class tomorrow

we should totally hang out i am just terrible at making plans at the mo due to depression

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i'm thinking working in the production would suit me well... Plus, i can always learn pro gramming, right?

it's not a tick on a resume like 'comfortable with excel and outlook'. it's an incredibly broad discipline that will take you a decade or more to master, and that is always changing.

Yeah, i know, but i mean, i'm never too old to learn a new discipline. i'm aware it's a huge thing. Right now, i'm good at administrating and managing stuff, which is what i'm concentrating on. All i'm saying is, learning programming at some point in my life is something i'd like.

• Options

chu stop pm'ing me

lol

DAMN YOUR BLACK BLOOD

You should see me on the bus when someone is on the phone cussing someone out. I am all over that shit.

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Uh, I don't know if I like period pieces... But I like Metropolis? I don't know what kind of qualification for liking something that is.

yGxvf.png
  • Options

chu stop pm'ing me

lol

DAMN YOUR BLACK BLOOD

You should see me on the bus when someone is on the phone cussing someone out. I am all over that shit.
    you should hang around dennys more often
    i hear thats where shit really goes down

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I rented the videogame Shadows of the Damned for $1.

It's about a Latino protagonist with a talking skull sidekick who shoots zombies and I hear one level takes place on the chest and abs of a giant naked women.

A dollar well spent.

This discussion has been closed.