Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[DnD 4E PbP] Keep on the Shadowfell (IC)

124678

Posts

  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    "So many ways for disaster to happen! I suppose we may as well see which one is waiting," Zevi intoned.

  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    "Perhaps the kobold's magic circle can be of use?" Dire enters the circle, and reaches out with his magic sense...
    Arcana Check: 1d20+10 20

  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    Panmorn
    Perception: You can see that the water falls in such a way that is bounces back into a recess as well as into the stream. There is definitely an opening of some kind behind the falling water.

    Dire
    Arcana: As you concentrate on the energy surrounding the circle, you feel yourself being drawn in to a powerful source of magic. Suddenly, as if a lever was thrown, the energy is gone. You open your eyes and see that the circle is no longer glowing, and you no longer sense anything of note here. Oddly enough, you feel slightly more in-tune with your own abilities right now.

    +1 to attack rolls for the next encounter

    Picking through the dead kobolds, you find a total of 5 gold pieces. There is an assortment of old, rusted weaponry as well: a short sword, several daggers, and several light shields.

    Give me a !ready when we're good to go in guys. Just want to make sure everyone is done out here.

    daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    "No use standing around all day, let's see what we have behind this waterfall. Halvard and I are up front, Zevi and Dire take the rear," said Panmorn trying to show confidence.

    "Pelor watch over us," he whispers as he grips the hilt of his sword to calm his shaking hand.
    !Ready

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    I would almost accept someone watching over us thought Barran wryly, because the chances of my getting back to a warm bed tonight are decreasing by the second, while my odds for a gruesome death keep increasing.
    Ready!

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    With fresh confidence in his step from the infusion of magical power, Dire steps into formation.
    Ready!

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Halvard stands and stretches, then hefts his weapon in preparation for the advance.
    !ready

  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Zevi nods his head glumly. He knew this would happen. Covering his bow with his cloak in preparation for going through the tumbling water, he waits for the inevitable.
    !ready

    ronrab on
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The adventurers walk up to the waterfall and pause briefly before pushing through. Panmorn and Halvard are first. As their eyes adjust to the light, they are shocked at the size of the cavern in which they now stand. Lights bounce from sconce to dirt floor, down a long hallway at least 80 feet long. The far space ahead is, oddly, covered with dark-coloured tile. Panmorn wasn't an expert on secret waterfall caverns, but he was pretty sure that stone floor tiles were not the usual decor.

    At the rear, Barran, Zevi, and Dire stepped through the water. The bard immediately notices a familiar gleam out of the corner of his eye. To the northeast, light glistens off old, golden pots and bowls. It looks like these kobolds have been hoarding treasure! Zevi elbows him in the ribs, gesturing toward something else in front of him that the ranger somehow deems more important.

    It is then that Barren notices that the cavern is crawling with kobolds. Not only that, but there's a figure walking toward the treasure pile that is clearly far too big to be one of these creatures, his axe being twice the size of one of them.

    Rollinit.png
    Surprise round again, because no kobolds made it back through the waterfall alive to warn the others.

    Figgy on
    daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Barran can barely keep his eyes on the kobolds, seeming a bit mesmerized by the treasure...

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    Zevi KNEW this had been a bad idea.

  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Shocked by the horde the party now faces, it takes Dire longer than usual to ready his magic.
    Inititave: 1d20+2 5

    Hensler on
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Amazed at the sight before him Panmorn takes a moment to size up everything he can see. This was starting to feel too familiar, and he wasn't sure if that was a good thing. "Pelor give me strength."

    RedDawn on
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    Oh good, more kobolds - Surprise Round

    The adventurers stand ready, gladdened (only slightly) by the fact that the kobolds have yet to notice them.

    Map
    round00-3.jpg

    Stats Sheet
    ◄Initiative►

    Zevi (21)
    Kobold Minions 1 → 10 (17)
    Kobold Skirmisher 1(16)
    Kobold Skirmisher 2(16)
    Kobold Skirmisher 3(13)

    Panmorn (11)
    Halvard (10)
    Dire (5)
    Barran (2)


    ◄Stat Blocks►

    Barren - 23/23
    Dire - 21/21
    Halvard - 31/31
    Panmorn - 33/33
    Zevi - 23/23


    Kobold Skirmisher [KS1] ► ■ HP 27/27 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 14 ■ Will 13 ■
    Kobold Skirmisher [KS2] ► ■ HP 27/27 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 14 ■ Will 13 ■
    Kobold Skirmisher [KS3] ► ■ HP 27/27 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 14 ■ Will 13 ■
    Kobold Minion 1 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 2 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 3 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 4 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 5 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 6 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 7 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 8 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 9 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 10 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold

    Notes
    Players gain a Surprise Round!

    [Up Next: @";ronrab"]

    daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The first the kobolds are aware of any trouble are Zevi's flying arrows and his subsequent words.

    "Small fry first, people. They're most dangerous in numbers."
    Standard Action: Twin Strike
    Attack Roll: vs KM1, KM4 (1d20+6=10, 1d20+6=22) KM4 HIT and is killed
    [Up Next: @";RedDawn"]

    ronrab on
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Inspired by the sight of the kobold in front of him drop, Panmorn charges the one now standing in front of him. The beast didn't have a chance as Panmorn bore down and killed it with one quick swing of his sword.
    Standard Action: Charge KM5 to L6
    Attack Roll: Charge on KM5 (1d20+7=24)Damage Roll: Damage on KM5 (1d8+4=11)
    [Up Next: @";Denada"]

    RedDawn on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    With a quick slash of his weapon, Halvard fells the nearest kobold.
    Standard Action: Recuperating Strike vs. KM1
    Attack Roll: 1d20+6=19 KM1 is dead and I gain 3 Temp HP.
    Up Next: @Hensler

  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Feeling confident from the power he drew from the magic circle, Dire points his wand and turns the very air to fire amidst the kobolds. He almost feels sorry for the oblivious creatures as they howl and burn. 2 of the smaller ones die instantly, but the bigger one is able to stay standing as his flesh burns and blisters.

    Fountain of Flame vs Reflex, area burst 1 at I7



    vs: KS2 1d20+7 14 Hit
    vs: KM31d20+7 9 Miss, (Would be Half Damage if he wasn't a minion!)
    vs: KM2:1d20+7 17 Hit


    Damage Roll: 3d8+5 22


    KM2 is killed. KS2 takes 22 damage and is bloodied. A burst 1 zone is created at I7 - any enemy that enters the zone or ends their turn there takes 5 damage.

    Up Next: @";El Skid"

    Hensler on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Barran brought his flute to his lips and played a taunting tune at the singed skirmisher. It falls to the ground from a combination of flames and...demoralization.
    Vicious Mockery vs Will (13) (1d20+6=13, 1d6+5=7) HIT for 7 damage. KS2 takes -2 to attacks until the end of Barran's next turn... except that it is now apparently down.

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh good, more kobolds - Round 1

    Stats Sheet
    ◄Initiative►

    Zevi (21)
    Kobold Minions 1 → 10 (17)
    Kobold Skirmisher 1(16)
    Kobold Skirmisher 2(16)
    Kobold Skirmisher 3(13)

    Panmorn (11)
    Halvard (10)
    Dire (5)
    Barran (2)


    ◄Stat Blocks►

    Barren - 23/23
    Dire - 21/21
    Halvard - 34/31
    Panmorn - 33/33
    Zevi - 23/23


    Kobold Skirmisher [KS1] ► ■ HP 27/27 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 14 ■ Will 13 ■
    Kobold Skirmisher [KS3] ► ■ HP 27/27 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 14 ■ Will 13 ■
    Kobold Minion 3 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 6 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 7 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 8 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 9 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 10 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold

    Notes
    [Up Next: @";ronrab"]

    Figgy on
    daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    As the kobolds fumble to react, Zevi takes two final shots, trying to fell yet another. Sadly the shot is a glancing one.
    Standard Action: Two Fanged Strike
    Attack Roll:vs. KS3 (1d20+6=12, 1d20+6=20)
    ONE HIT! Damage Roll: vs. KS3 (1d10+5=6) Six damage!

    [Up Next: Irontooth's Irregulars]

    ronrab on
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    Oh good, more kobolds - Round 1

    The kobolds are made aware of the presence of the adventurers in their lair only by the falling of several of their allies around them. The scaly creatures spring to action, charging at the adventurers grouped in the entryway.

    A fury of spears lash out at the group, causing sizable damage. When the dust settles, they find themselves completely surrounded.
    I won't spell out moves if there is a charge afterwards

    Kobold Minion 3 (KM3)
    Move Action: to J4 Standard: MBA vs Halvard Minor: Shift K3
    Attack Roll: KM3 vs Hal @ J4: 1d20+6 8 - MISS!

    Kobold Minion 7 (KM7)
    Move Action: Movin' Standard: Charge Dire @ I2
    Attack Roll: KM7 vs Dire @ I2: 1d20+6+2 20 - Hit for 4 damage!

    Kobold Minion 8 (KM8)
    Move Action: to I3 Standard: MBA vs Halvard Minor: Shift J4
    Attack Roll: KM8 vs Halvard @I3: 1d20+6+2+1 15 - Hit for 4 damage!

    Kobold Minion 9 (KM9)
    Standard:Charge Panmorn @ L4
    Attack Roll: KM9 vs Panmorn @ L4: 1d20+6+2 19 - MISS!

    Kobold Minion 6 (KM6)
    Standard: Charge vs Halvard
    Attack Roll: KM6 vs Halvard @ K4: 1d20+6+2 25 - Hit for 4 damage!

    Kobold Minion 10 (KM10)
    Move Action: to N7 Standard: Javelin @ Panmorn
    Attack Roll: KM10@N7 Javelin vs Panmorn: 1d20+5 22 - MISS!

    Kobold Skirmisher 1 (KS1)
    Standard: Charge Halvard @I3
    Attack Roll: KS1 moves then charges Halv @ I3: 1d20+6+2+1+4 23 1d8+1d6 7 - Hit for 7 damage!

    Kobold Skirmisher 3 (KS3)
    Move Action: to M3 Standard:MBA @ Panmorn
    Attack Roll:ks3 mba VS Panmorn: 1d20+6+2+3 27 1d6+1d8 13 - Hit for 13 damage!

    Map
    round01-2.jpg

    Stats Sheet
    ◄Initiative►

    Zevi (21)
    Kobold Minions 1 → 10 (17)
    Kobold Skirmisher 1(16)
    Kobold Skirmisher 3(13)

    Panmorn (11)
    Halvard (10)
    Dire (5)
    Barran (2)


    ◄Stat Blocks►

    Barren - 23/23
    Dire - 17/21
    Halvard - 19/31
    Panmorn - 20/33
    Zevi - 23/23


    Kobold Skirmisher [KS1] ► ■ HP 27/27 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 14 ■ Will 13 ■
    Kobold Skirmisher [KS3] ► ■ HP 21/27 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 14 ■ Will 13 ■
    Kobold Minion 3 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 6 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 7 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 8 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 9 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 10 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold

    Notes
    [Up Next: @";RedDawn"]

    daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    "You will know Pelor's wrath," yelled Panmorn at the kobold in the middle of the pack as he swung. The beast heard Panmorn too late, the longsword split him open with a radiant surge of energy.

    He then turned his attention to the kobold now behind him. The lizard was quick, but not quick enough. Divine energy poured out of Panmorn as his weapon connected, all of the enemies surrounding him now focused their attention on the paladin.
    Standard Action: Holy Strike on KM3
    Attack Roll: Attack on KM3 (1d20+7+2=22)Damage Roll: Minion = Dead
    Action Point! Piercing Smite on KS3
    Attack Roll:Piercing Smite on KS3 (1d20+7=15) Damage Roll: Damage on KS3 (2d8+4=12)
    KS3 KM9 and KM6 are now marked until the end of my next turn.
    [Up Next: @";Denada"]

    RedDawn on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    As the kobold's spear cuts into Dire, he lets out a monstrous howl and the creature is erased from existence by flame. The wizard's demonic origins are once again brought to front of his allies' minds.
    Infernal Wrath vs KM7 :
    Hit automatically, Damge: 1d6+5 9
    KM7 is dead.

  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Growling at the sudden sting of tiny weapons piercing his armor, Halvard lunges forward, shoving his way through two kobolds before burying his halberd halfway into the body of the one that charged him. With a primal howl, he tears his weapon through the other half, leaving the kobold dead on the cave floor.
    Move Action: Shift to I4
    Standard Action: Recuperating Strike vs. KS1
    Attack Roll: 1d20+6=26 14 damage, and Halvard gains 3 THP.
    Free Action: MBA vs. KS1
    Attack Roll: 1d20+6=26 14 damage. KS1 is dead.
    Up Next: @Hensler

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Barran shouted out encouragement to Halvard before Brandishing his flute at the skirmisher beside him.

    His notes are disrupted by the beast's proximity, giving it an opening (if it dares to take it)
    Minor action: Majestic Word on Halvard: spends a surge to regain surge+5 HP
    Standard Action: Vicious Mockery vs KS3 (provokes AoO)

    Attack Roll: Vicious Mockery vs will(13) on KS3 (1d20+6=8, 1d6+5=6) MISS
    Kobold gets to take a swing at Barran, but it will take damage from Panmorn's mark if it does
    Up Next: @ronrab

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Dire recovers himself from his wrath in order to shoot out another burst of flame.
    Scorching Burst vs Reflex, aimed at K5

    vs KM8: 1d20+7 15 - Hit, dead minion
    vs: KM61d20+7 8 - Miss
    vs: KM91d20+7 17 - Hit, dead minion

    Damage Roll: 1d6+5 9


    Up Next: @Ronrab , I think - El Skid's turn should still be valid, we just swapped order?

  • ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    Zevi takes two shots at the injured skirmisher. One strikes each eye neatly. The creature falls, dead instantly.
    Standard Action: Twin Strike
    Attack Roll: vs. KS3 (1d20+6=26, 1d20+6=23)
    CRITICAL HIT! Max Damage: 11; Damage Roll 2: vs KS3 (1d10+1=4)
    Total Damage 15 - KS3 IS DEAD

    [Up Next: Irontooth's Irregulars]

  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    Oh good, more kobolds - Round 2

    The remaining two kobolds let out a high pitched scream and turn to run into the back of the cavern. Bits of rock and dust crumble from the ceiling of the cave. At first, it seems odd that such tiny creatures could cause the tremble in the cave floor that the adventurers suddenly notice.

    A moment later, it becomes clear that the tremble is from something else entirely.

    "Irontooth!" shrieks a reptilian voice from somewhere to the east.
    Kobold Minion 6 (KM6)
    Minor Action: Shift to K5 Move:Run to K13

    Kobold Minion 10 (KM10)
    Move:Run to L14

    Map
    round02-3.jpg

    Stats Sheet
    ◄Initiative►

    Zevi (21)
    Kobold Minions 1 → 10 (17)
    Panmorn (11)
    Halvard (10)
    Dire (5)
    Barran (2)


    ◄Stat Blocks►

    Barren - 23/23
    Dire - 17/21
    Halvard - 31/31
    Panmorn - 20/33
    Zevi - 23/23


    Kobold Minion 6 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 10 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold

    Notes
    [Up Next: @";RedDawn"]

    daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Panmorn chased after the fleeing kobolds, he was able to catch up to the slower of the two, but in his haste his swing went wide.
    Move Action: J3 to H8 Standard Action: Charge KM6 ending at J12
    Attack Roll: Charge on KM6 (1d20+7+1=10)Damage Roll: Miss!
    [Up Next: @";Denada"]

    RedDawn on
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    hold off for map update

    daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh good, more kobolds - Round 2

    As Panmorn's sword arm recovers from the attempt, he straightens himself up and notices something troubling. Along with the two cowardly kobolds are three more. Another creature looms over them all, brandishing a battle axe.

    Map
    round02b-1.jpg

    Stats Sheet
    ◄Initiative►

    Zevi (21)
    Kobold Minions 1 → 10 (17)
    Irontooth
    Kobold Wyrmpriest
    Kobold Denwarden 1
    Kobold Denwarden 2

    Panmorn (11)
    Halvard (10)
    Dire (5)
    Barran (2)


    ◄Stat Blocks►

    Barren - 23/23
    Dire - 17/21
    Halvard - 31/31
    Panmorn - 20/33
    Zevi - 23/23


    Irontooth ► ■ HP 106/106 ■ AC 16 ■ Fort 16 ■ Ref 14 ■ Will 15 ■ ◄ Immediate reaction: Can shift 1 square when missed by a melee attack
    Kobold Wyrmpriest ► ■ HP 36/36 ■ AC 17 ■ Fort 13 ■ Ref 15 ■ Will 15 ■
    Kobold Denwarden 1 ► ■ HP 36/36 ■ AC 18 ■ Fort 16 ■ Ref 16 ■ Will 16 ■
    Kobold Denwarden 2 ► ■ HP 36/36 ■ AC 18 ■ Fort 16 ■ Ref 16 ■ Will 16 ■
    Kobold Minion 6 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold
    Kobold Minion 10 ► ■ HP 1/1 ■ AC 15 ■ Fort 11 ■ Ref 13 ■ Will 11 ■ ◄ Takes -2 to all defenses when not adjacent to another Kobold

    Notes
    Might be some retcon with Irontooth's immediate reaction. If he's missed by a melee attack, and your turn will involve him in his current position (and might not be valid if he shifts) please @ me and I'll come move him.

    [Up Next: @";Denada"]



    Figgy on
    daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Steeling himself for whatever waits behind the wall, Halvard strides forward. After taking a moment to size up his new opponents, he charges at the nearest kobold, leaving the cowards to be dealt with by the others. The howl that erupts from him manages to stun his target just long enough to create an opening, which Halvard fills with the blade of his weapon.
    Minor Action: Stone's Endurance (Resist 5 All until the end of my next turn)
    Move Action: I4 to G10
    Standard Action: Charge (Howling Strike) to J13 vs. DW2
    Attack Roll: 1d20+6+1=26 Damage Roll: 1d10+1d6+4+2=16
    Up Next: @Hensler

  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Dire hears Halvard's howl on the other side of the wall, and rushes forward to see what is going on. "I knew this was going too easy!" He mutters to himself as he pulls magical energy into his mind and propels it out his wand in yet another burst of flame.
    Move Action: Run from J2 to H8
    Starndard Action: Scorching Burst vs Reflex, Target: L13:
    vs KM61d20+7 14 = Hit
    vs KM101d20+7 13 = Hit
    vs Irontooth1d20+7 22 = Hit
    vs DW11d20+7 15 = Miss, Free Action - Wand of Accuracy (Attack Roll +2) = Hit
    Damage Roll: 1d6+5 9

    KM6 and KM10 are killed, Irontooth and DW1 take 9 damage.

    Up next @";El Skid"

  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Redacted turn
    Hearing sounds of battle on the other side of the den, Barran ran forward until he was behind Panmorn. Shouting encouragement at the battered warrior, he brought his flute to his lips and played a Stirring melody that stirred a wild desire in his companions to take down the kobold champion.

    Move: Run to I12
    Standard: Stirring Shout vs Irontooth
    Minor: Majestic Word on Panmorn (spend a surge to recover surge value+5 HPs)

    Attack Roll: Stirring Shout on Irontooth vs Will (15) (1d20+6=18, 2d6+5=10) HIT for 10 damage. For the rest of the encounter, anyone who hits Irontooth regains 5 HP.

    (note, that was my last majestic word for the encounter. You guys should beat on the big guy if you need HPs, and don't forget your second winds!)

    Up Next:
    @ronrab

    Hearing sounds of battle on the other side of the den, Barran moves forward and shouts inspiration to Panmorn, who seems to feel better. He then brings his flute to his mouth, but the notes are drowned out by the din of battle.
    Move: to G8
    Standard: Staggering Note on DW2
    Minor: Majestic Word on Panmorn (spend a surge to recover surge value+5 HPs)

    Attack Roll: Staggering Note on DW2 vs Will (15) (1d20+6=11) MISS


    Up Next:
    @ronrab

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    Hearing the sounds of battle, Zevi moves up to to pick off any stragglers. He takes aim at the creature standing in front of Halvard and quickly fires off two shots. The first misses, but the second finds its mark.
    Move Action: K2 to G10
    Standard Action: Twin Strike on DW2

    Attack Roll: 2 attack rolls on DW2 (1d20+6=12, 1d20+6=23)Damage Roll: Damage on DW2 (1d10+1=5)
    [Up Next: @";Figgy"]

  • FiggyFiggy Registered User regular
    Oh good, more kobolds - Round 3

    Irontooth lowers his enormous battle axe behind him and charges towards the two adventurers. The blade sparks off the tiled floor as he runs, and he swings in a great, wide arc, missing the paladin completely. He makes a low grunting noise, and the two kobold denwardens seem to respond to an incomprehensible command. They lunge at the others, grouped to the east. While Zevi manages to deflect a blow, Dire takes a spear in the side.

    Meanwhile, a robed kobold emerges from the south, muttering an blasphemous prayer with its forked tongue. The kobolds in the cavern seem to gain strength, and the priest unleashes a glowing ball of energy that only dissipates against Halvard's hardened skin.
    Changed Zevi's move by 1 square to avoid having to run and suffer -5 attack roll.

    Irontooth
    Standard Action: Charge K12 vs Panmorn
    Attack Roll: IT charge K12 vs Panmorn: 1d20+8+1 12 - MISS!

    Kobold Denwarden 2 (DW2)
    Standard: Charge G10 vs Zevi
    Attack Roll: DW2 crg vs Zevi: 1d20+7+1 9 - MISS!

    Kobold Denwarden 1 (DW1)
    Standard: Charge H9 vs Dire
    Attack Roll: DW1 chrg vs Dire: 1d20+7+1 15 1d8+1 6 - Hit for 6 damage!

    Kobold Wyrmpriest (KW)
    Move Action: to L15 Standard: Energy Orb vs Halvard Minor: Incite Faith (Close Burst 10-kobolds gain +5 temp HP and can shift 1 square)
    Attack Roll: Orb vs Halvard: 1d20+6 18 1d10+3 6 - Hit for 3 damage! Halvard resists.

    DW2 shifts to F9 as Free Action

    Map
    round03-1.jpg

    Stats Sheet
    ◄Initiative►

    Zevi (21)
    Irontooth
    Kobold Wyrmpriest
    Kobold Denwarden 1
    Kobold Denwarden 2

    Panmorn (11)
    Halvard (10)
    Dire (5)
    Barran (2)


    ◄Stat Blocks►

    Barren - 23/23
    Dire - 11/21
    Halvard - 31/31 RESIST ALL 5 until EONT
    Panmorn - 33/33
    Zevi - 23/23


    Irontooth ► ■ HP 97/106 ■ AC 16 ■ Fort 16 ■ Ref 14 ■ Will 15 ■ ◄ Immediate reaction: Can shift 1 square when missed by a melee attack
    Kobold Wyrmpriest ► ■ HP 36/36 ■ AC 17 ■ Fort 13 ■ Ref 15 ■ Will 15 ■
    Kobold Denwarden 1 ► ■ HP 33/36 ■ AC 18 ■ Fort 16 ■ Ref 16 ■ Will 16 ■
    Kobold Denwarden 2 ► ■ HP 20/36 ■ AC 18 ■ Fort 16 ■ Ref 16 ■ Will 16 ■

    Notes
    Might be some retcon with Irontooth's immediate reaction. If he's missed by a melee attack, and your turn will involve him in his current position (and might not be valid if he shifts) please @ me and I'll come move him.

    [Up Next: @";RedDawn"]

    daniant wrote:
    Alright, looks like I'm giving up golden showers for Lent.
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment · Website : www.nathanswyers.com
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    "You are mine vermin!" bellowed the paladin.

    Panmorn took a mighty swing at Irontooth while calling out words of encouragement to Dire. Irontooth was almost able to block the attack, but Panmorn bore down and pushed passed the kobold's defense.

    Panmorn wasn't sure if it was his words, or if it was seeing Irontooth take a vicious blow, but Dire seemed to recover from some of his wounds.


    Minor Action: Divine Challenge on Irontooth
    Standard Action: Paladin's Judgment

    Attack Roll: Paladin's Judgment on Irontooth (1d20+7=12) Heroic Effort +4 to attack roll = 16 hit!

    Damage Roll: Damage on Irontooth (3d8+4=17)


    Dire can spend a healing surge

    [Up Next: @";Denada"]

    RedDawn on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Throw your magic at ME, will you?" Halvard bellows while taking a long step back from Irontooth. He turns that long step into a charge straight at the wyrmpriest's face, but forgets about how shifty these things are, missing by the slightest margin.
    Move Action: Shift to I14.
    Standard Action: Charge (Howling Strike) to K14 vs. KW
    Attack Roll: 1d20+6+1=16
    Up Next: @Figgy I guess?

Sign In or Register to comment.