As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DnD 4e PbP] Keep on the Shadowfell (OOC)

• Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    I'll probably burn an action point to heal up though.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    What, did I forget to mention I plan on killing you guys off in the first encounter?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    Your fiendish plan is suddenly revealed!

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    I don't mind dying in the first encounter. I do mind being killed by kobolds, however.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That reminds me of an old MuD I used to play. Create character, equip tiny newbie knife, attack small rat, get pummeled and run away, :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    Those tables turned pretty quickly, eh?

I'll have the monsters' turns a bit later this afternoon. Gotta run to a meeting in a bit and don't wanna half-ass it.

• Options
    Not too bad, there are still a lot of Kobolds on the table though. I'm hoping your rolls cool down against me that is for sure.

• Options
    Ronrab, get yourself a new d20!

And guys, if you could take 10 to 15 minutes to flesh out your character sheets a bit, it would be really helpful in my planning. Nothing crazy, but a couple of you have very little.

I also need you to PM me the answers to the following questions:

Describe your character in ten words or less.
    What is your greatest strength? Your greatest weakness?
    How do you want to be remembered after your death?
    Describe two or three significant moments in your past. These could be turning points that made you the person you are today, or they could be simply very fond and sentimental memories.
    Describe two or three significant people from your past. What is their significance? Where are they now?

No rush on this stuff. But if you could get it to me by the end of the month, that would be good!

• Options
    It's ok, it'll be all 20s when the demon/dragon/whatever fight comes up. I hope...

• Options
    Sorry for the delay, making my turn now - couldn't get onto the forum on my phone all day.

• Options
    @El Skid D14 is still very much inhabited by a kobold. Typo in your move?

• Options
    Meant H14 yeah- corrected

• Options
    All of the minions should be down now thank goodness, now we just need to finish up the rest.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Although Halvard would never ask such a thing, someone kill that damn kobold behind me so that I'm not flanked and trapped anymore.

• Options
    I was going to come over and help, but I figured I would be better served taking out the other two.

• Options
    Yeah, we really should have taken out KD2 immediately. It's not a big deal versus kobolds, but letting two non-minions flank a PC later is gonna be murder (literally).

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Anyone else having trouble with IC lately? Past few days when I login, it just refreshes back to the login screen. No error message. Nothing.

I know it's the right login info, but I reset it anyway. Same thing. I'm using Orokos for now, but what the feck?

And Panmorn, I moved you over 1 square. I think you meant that square anyway.

Figgy on
  • Options
    No problems here.

• Options
    Nope, no problems.

I mean, other than nobody being able to hit non-minions these past couple rounds :P

• Options
    Yup that is what I meant thanks.

I haven't been having issues with IC, but that's not to say it isn't having problems.

• Options
    Someone pointed out a rule that I've been overlooking. Once you charge, you can no longer perform any other actions (barring an AP). So, my kobolds charging and then using their minor shift ability is wrong. My apologies! I'm not going to retcon entire rounds, but I'll make sure not to do that again.

Sorry again!

• Options
    No worries, we all do it.

• Options
    Dire, I'm pretty sure you would have to move up to hit the Slinger from where you are.

• Options
    Denada, we're fresh outta kobolds.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Oh did the slinger die? I must have missed that. That's okay, Halvard will just be annoyed when he comes around the corner to find it already dead.

• Options
    RedDawn wrote: »
    Dire, I'm pretty sure you would have to move up to hit the Slinger from where you are.

Errr... right :D. Let's say I made I moved up 6 squares before casting :).

• Options
    I'm going to be tweaking my character sheet a bit now that the encounter is over - I started with a Level 6 wizard I made for another game, and chose the wrong spells and feats when I de-leveled him. He's pretty broken at level 1 right now.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Well, I used Vicious Mockery on him to take him below 0 hp.

I thought mocking him to death might be a bit silly, so sure, he's unconscious. :P

Looking at my sheet now to see what to tweak now.

Oh, and just a reminder to everyone that they will regain 5 extra HP on any short rest while Barran is around... So that should save on surges.

El Skid on
  • Options
    Once a few more people have had a chance to weigh in, I'll post.

Ronrab, you need to reroll your nature check. It should be a d20 + modifier.

• Options
    Is there any chance that the sling survived the melee? I had no money left over for a range weapon when I built this guy and I figure a sling is better than nothing.

Speaking of gold, are we going to have a rep hold onto it, or are we going to try and divide it up equally as we go?

• Options
    It's up to you. You can just divide it evenly. I'll be trying to keep it divisible by 5.

And yes, you can take the weaponry found on the kobolds if you like.

• Options
    Sweet, it will save me some hard earned gold, I really don't want to spend money on a ranged weapon considering I won't be using it that often.

• Options
    But it smells like kobolds.

• Options
    Ha yeah, hopefully the stench will fade. I'll try and find a river and beat it against some rocks or something :).

• Options
    Figgy, if the rest of the group did an Aid Other on me for a Perception check, would it be a different enough circumstance to earn a reroll on the tracking check? I'd really like to get a little more specific than 'to the SE' if possible before heading out.

• Options
    Without actually following the tracks, you're not going to know where they lead.

• Options
    @El Skid, you'll have to spend a healing surge to gain that +5 bonus:
    When you play an instrument or sing during a short
    rest, you and each ally who can hear you are affected
    by your Song of Rest. When an affected character
    spends healing surges
    at the end of the rest, that
    character regains additional hit points equal to
    your Charisma modifier with each healing surge.
    A character can be affected by only one Song of Rest
    at a time.

• Options
    That's what I get for reading only the short description of the power :-/

Thanks for the catch, Figgy!

• Options
    Did my active arcana roll pick anything up?

• Options
    Oops, missed that! Editing it in.