As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DnD 4e PbP] Keep on the Shadowfell (OOC)

123457»

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Soooo...that's a "no information, no luck sorry"? 's cool :P

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Sorry missed that in this thread!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    @RedDawn @Hensler @GrimmyTOA @El Skid @Denada

We still interested in this?

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    I am, for sure.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Yes! Sorry, I was going to have Halvard say something but I got distracted by Tera and the 5E playtest. I'll make a post later tonight.

• Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm in, I said something back on the 25th, just waiting on the others to chip in.

• Options
    I'm in for sure. :)

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    I'm in for as long as you're willing to put up with me.

• Options
    Has anybody got the current total of XP we're at?

• Options
    I believe we are at 475.

• Options
    Oh, hey, quick question for @Figgy -- do I get to be at 475 exp too? Purdy please?

• Options
    You are

• Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    You are

:^:

• Options
    Encounter this weekend, guys. It will be skill challenge-y.

• Options
    Alright, off to a good start!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Nicely done.

Hey figgy, any chance you'd give us a numerical value for "more difficult" and so on? Pretty please? Or is the secrecy part of the GM's prerogative?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    You know what, I normally keep the actual values hidden, but I realize that will make things a lot slower with a PbP.

Keep in mind, successive checks with the same skill become more and more difficult. I edited the values into my post, and I'll update the new values as soon as I can when I see a success.

• Options
    Thanks Figgy. I was worrying that "very difficult" was like DC 25 or something.

Heh. Now it almost seems manageable. :)

• Options
    Believe it or not, by the book, this encounter is considered more on the easy side.

• Options
    Barran will get a free diplomacy pass at some point in this thing to give someone two rolls on a skill check (DC 18 when he has a +17 once)- we should save that for the 8th pass though.

• Options
    Figgy, do you need to do anything before I start on round 2, or can I just forge on?

• Options
    I'll post an update at the end of each round with new difficulty values, ongoing effects, etc. This will avoid any massive retcons from an incorrect result on a check.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Update away, round 1 is now complete :)

For the record, I heartily approve of end-of round updates to make sure we're on the same page and we aren't trying something foolish. probability wise.

El Skid on
  • Options
    I think I already used Halvard's insight bonus-y thing last turn. I'll roll on Arcana just to be safe.

• Options
  • Options
    If the next Insight roll wants to wait for me, I can do the auto diplomacy thing and let you roll two dice.

• Options
    Figgy, I'm counting two Arcana successes, two Insight successes, three History successes and one Endurance success.

I might be dead wrong, but here's my count:
    Round One:
    I aided ally
    Hensler Arcana success 1
    RedDawn Insight Success 1
    Denada aided ally
    El Skid History Success 1

Round Two:
    Me Insight Success 2
    Hensler Arcana Failure
    RedDawn Endurance Success 1
    Denada Athletics vs Door
    El Skid History Success 2

Round Three:
    Me Arcana Success 2
    Hensler History Success 3

• Options
    Whoops you're right! So either arcana or insight to win it.

• Options
    It's likely my fault anyway. I used Arcana-y flavour text for my Insight check post.

• Options
    Just an update: likely will update tonight. Working a lot lately as I adjust to a new job and work around the old. I haven't abandoned the campaign!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    So that didn't happen, obviously. This weekend.

My day begins at 8 AM tomorrow and ends around 2AM. Fffffffffffff

Figgy on
  • Options
    Your job, it sounds like fun times?

Take your time, thanks for letting us know.

• Options
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Your job, it sounds like fun times?

Take your time, thanks for letting us know.

It actually is. There is a really, really, really huge event happening tomorrow night, and I'm working for the marketing department. I got my shift covered at the restaurant I serve at so I could help out. New guy and all that. Turns out I would have made much more money if I just kept it!

Oh well... need to make an impression!

• Options
    No worries, thanks for the update.

• Options
    @figgy just wanted to see if we're done here, or if this can be resurrected... was having a good time playing, and would love to continue if you have time!

• Options
    Ditto, albeit after the long weekend.

• Options
    I'm still in as well, it has been awesome thus far.

• Options
    Ya, obviously the update I promised never came! I've been waiting for things to settle down over here after the new job, but I underestimated my hours including commute. I'm hoping to get something updated really soon, but I'll wait until next week for sure. I've got a double shift today then busy 5 days after (but the fun kind of busy, including driving to our dog breeder to choose our puppy!)

• Options
    Glad to hear we are still playing. I look forward to the update when it arrives.

• Options
    Any updates, @Figgy :D ?