As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cerberus Appreciation Station WITH A DASH OF REPUBLIC COMMANDO

T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATEDNAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in Social Entropy++
Mass_Effect_Wallpaper_Cerberus_by_RayzorFlash.png

Welcome to the Cerberus Appreciation Station

wherein we appreciate that Cerberus is a good organization that promotes the interests of Humanity in a galaxy that doesn't like us very much

This is the Illusive Man, and he is a nice man who runs things and feeds my family

character_illusive-man.jpg

I would tell you more but unfortunately we are in the middle of very important combat missions on the Xbox 360 or PS3 or PC or whatever you are doing

If you would like to get into contact with more fantastic Cerberus operatives here is a list of everyone helping fight things

Mass Effect 3 comes out very soon

be happy

(go play the multiplayer)

SPOILER TAG YOUR SPOILERS OR IMMA BE MAD UPSET

T4CT on

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Cerberus sucks.

That's not a spoiler, that's just objective fact.

[IMG][/img]
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    @Kuribo's Shoe I think it's less the press being positive about the ending and more them being negative about all the bitching about the ending

if that makes sense

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    PS: The Associate Director of Mass Effect Thread OPs gives this OP two thumbs down.

Director @Jordyn will probably be too drunk and/or busy solving E-Crimes to comment.

[IMG][/img]
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    I just finished all of the missions on Tachanka last night.

Man, this game hits you at an emotional level that Gears of War could only dream of!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I'm hesitant to post since T4CT ME-threads have a habit of getting locked

If it does, I hope someone makes a new one quick

Almost passed out from lack of ME posts

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Bogey wrote: »

Man, this game hits you at an emotional level that Gears of War could only dream of!

Ah, yes.

"Tachanka."

[IMG][/img]
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Cerberus is alright, they can take a punch and don't scream all the time when i kill them.

that's all i really look for in an adversary.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I thought the bogey post was to lock it

but we are safe for now

I'm going to go try out my krogan sentinel now that I can focus on multi

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Cerberus is alright, they can take a punch and don't scream all the time when i kill them.

Also, swords

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    i only get my threads lock because I fuck up all the time

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular

Wait, why is Gears even brought into this? They're entirely different games with hugely different stories.

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    So I unlocked the Krogan Sentinel last night?

I now understand why everyone who goes Krogan becomes drunk with power.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Wait, why is Gears even brought into this? They're entirely different games with hugely different stories.

The gameplay similarities clearly exist.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »

Also, swords

And anime.

• tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    itt we find that T4CT is indoctrinated

tayvaan wrote: »
    itt we find that T4CT is indoctrinated

Nah, he's just a spacist buttwipe.

[IMG][/img]
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Cerebus Appreciation Station

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • royardroyard Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Community update:

The petition to change ME3 ending by donating to a charity has hit $39,550.43 with 1,614 people chipping in. Please note that this petition only started at 2:08am, March 13.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9845819

You know, this is getting to a new level of phenomenal.

royard on
    Irrefutable proof that the ME3 endings are visually similar. Good or bad is up to your interpretations and tastes. Visual similarity is not.
    2 minutes. No commentary. Spoiler obviously.
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I'd really like it if the game would stop disconnecting me during LZ countdowns, please.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    it is awesome that 40,000 dollars is going to charity

still don't think the ending is anywhere near as bad as I had been led to believe

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I can't wait to see what secret thing Bioware has cooked up that they've been hinting at.

I am just really hoping that Bioware is going to do some massive troll. Bioware trolling the fanbase is always hilarious.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    honestly the only thing that could get me to stop buying bioware games is bowing to that kind of false outrage and pressure

i'd be like 'lol, thanks for donating to that charity? i guess? and giving us your money???'

Agreein' with this post

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    The Dark Horse solicitations released recently didn't have a listing for Homeworlds #3 but it looks like a third and fourth issue's coming. It also looks like the 'Tali at Earth' cover for the second issue's meant to be part of a bigger picture as shown here with Vega's alt-cover and the one for #3.
    bh5K6.jpg

A thread over at the BSN-forums has the other cover for #3 as well as the two for #4. It seems spoiler-free at the moment so gaze at them while you can.

royard wrote: »
    Community update:

The petition to change ME3 ending by donating to a charity has hit $39,550.43 with 1,614 people chipping in.

Here's a moral quandary for you; if you donate to charity in the interest of fulfilling your own sense of unjustified entitlement, is it still charity?

Answer: Probably, but that doesn't make it any less obnoxious.

[IMG][/img]
    The art and coloring on those comic covers are

something?

c9PXgFo.jpg
    Community update:

The petition to change ME3 ending by donating to a charity has hit $39,550.43 with 1,614 people chipping in.

Here's a moral quandary for you; if you donate to charity in the interest of fulfilling your own sense of unjustified entitlement, is it still charity?

I wish people would stop using 'entitlement' wrong.

It's becoming one of those words that people use to describe something that they don't actually know the first thing about

like 'cinematography'

honestly the only thing that could get me to stop buying bioware games is bowing to that kind of false outrage and pressure

i'd be like 'lol, thanks for donating to that charity? i guess? and giving us your money???'

Agreein' with this post

I don't know. I think Bioware execs are almost soiling their pants right now. I know I will be if I'm in their shoes.

Relying on good press can only last so long. The press still need to pretend that they have some legitimacy, after all.

According to some ancient sage that may or may not exist, some people who may or may not be Bioware/EA employees looked harried.

Irrefutable proof that the ME3 endings are visually similar. Good or bad is up to your interpretations and tastes. Visual similarity is not.
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Look if the internet has taught me anything it's that we're just supposed to let people use words to mean whatever they want them to mean

Opposing semantic shift would be like fascism why do you hate freedom

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I miss booty rockin everywhere mass effect OPs.

They were the best.

xet8c.gif
    Community update:

Of course it is (both charity and obnoxious). I will call it vindicative.

When I posted about this piece of news yesterday, I was a little uncomfortable about it. Now I just kinda don't care.

Javen wrote: »
    Community update:

It's becoming one of those words that people use to describe something that they don't actually know the first thing about

like 'cinematography'

except that the phrase "sense of entitlement" and "entitlement" are not the same thing and in this case yes it completely fits?

• LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I still find it odd that it's okay for BioWare to bow to fan pressure and make Tali and Garrus romance options in ME2 when the BioWare folks apparently never even thought they would be seen as potential romantic interests, but when the same fans find the ending to ME3 lazy and insulting and attempt to pressure BioWare to alter or expand that ending, those same fans are irrational and entitled.

In more positive news, I'm pretty sure that the Mattock is going to be my one true multiplayer gun love 4 evah, since it gives me all the headshot from halfway across the map goodness of a sniper rifle with the quick reload and higher capacity of an assault rifle.

Lawndart on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    in lieu of changing the ending
    I think a nice post script would make me happy

something about what my squad is doing and how the various species decided to deal with the lack of mass relays

something that shows me more of my character's impact on the galaxy and the people in it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

something about what my squad is doing and how the various species decided to deal with the lack of mass relays

something that shows me more of my character's impact on the galaxy and the people in it

I'd be happy with that.

T4CT wrote: »
    Community update:

like 'cinematography'

except that the phrase "sense of entitlement" and "entitlement" are not the same thing and in this case yes it completely fits?

Entitlement would depend on the idea that a certain outcome is deserved

which isn't really what's happening.

Community update:

like 'cinematography'

I just don't think "sense of entitlement" is a good word to use in rational debate. It's really a buzzword with a negative connotation.

When anyone deems themselves deserving of something, they have a "sense of entitlement." The problem is, there's no way to draw the line between honest entitlement and haughty entitlement.

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

You don't even need anything as detailed as that. Bastion managed more closure and a far more satisfying conclusion with zero dialogue and just painted images beside the end credits.

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Hopefully the outrage doesn't reach the point where people start sending threatening letters to Bioware employees. Cause that would be creepy.

But, damn if the ME3 ending doesn't feel like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

(haha I still love it though. Both NGE and Mass Effect 3)

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    are we still sharing custom Sheps?

if so, @Weaver
    since I'm on xbox, crappy iPhone pics follow

why is everything so blue!?!?!??
    shep5.jpg
    shep3j.jpg
    shep2.jpg
    shep1w.jpg

and with a red light in his face
    shep4.jpg

Face Code
    132.7HA.KFM.111.F9R.9AA.2VD.58H.MN6.4G2.672.6

and if not then look away I suppose

Community update:

like 'cinematography'

Entitlement would depend on the idea that a certain outcome is deserved

which isn't really what's happening.

entitlement is having a just claim to receive or do something

and a sense of entitlement would be feeling that you have a just claim to receive or do something

but no fans feeling they should have/deserve a better ending doesn't fit that description at all

(I am no longer going to argue the definition of words in a mass effect thread but that's literally the dictionary definition of entitle so it's not a thing where the word doesn't fit)

This discussion has been closed.