As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Brazilian Jiu-[Chat]su

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i'm 1k calories short but i dont want to put food on my credit card and there is nothing in the house

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ff

i'll think about this tomorrow

night [chat]

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    but god damnit "find b(v) to maximize some function of v and b" really screams calculus of variations

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Feels like I had a really long day. I'm emotionally drained. Not even sure why. Things are not really going worse or better than usual.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    That math is beyond me. I blame the government.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I feel useless every time I fire up TF2

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    There's no living with a killing. There's no goin' back from one. Right or wrong, it's a brand... a brand sticks. There's no goin' back. Now you run on home to your mother and tell her... tell her everything's alright. And there aren't any more guns in the valley.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i realized today i didn't remember shit about basic function notation. there was a simple chart like f, x, g, x, and values. and it was like what is f of g of 3, or some shit, what is f

i don't remember

anyway the point is i had no idea what the answer was

functions and precalc are all i have left about which i don't feel 100%

i feel good about solving linear equations, slope, intercept, geometry, trigonometric proofs, etc

just functions and precalc

test is in 34 hours!

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    i realized today i didn't remember shit about basic function notation. there was a simple chart like f, x, g, x, and values. and it was like what is f of g of 3, or some shit, what is f

i don't remember

i feel good about solving linear equations, slope, intercept, geometry, trigonometric proofs, etc

test is in 34 hours!

khan acadamy

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited March 2012

i don't remember

test is in 34 hours!

khan acadamy

yeah that's what i've been using

i've been working p assiduously at it for about two weeks but it's like, fucking all of high school math. shit be cray!

i hope i'll be ready. i think i will.

Organichu on
  • Options
    what a crappy day. not in any big way but just lots of little things adding up.

nightmares last night, tired all day, getting a sore throat, work was frustrating and the thing I went to after work instead of board game night was pointless (the people I needed to meet with weren't there).

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    functions only made sense to me once I started studying logic and viewing them just as abstract sorters

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Yessss

Tomorrow in physiology lab we're taking polygraph tests

And we get to make up our own questions to have someone ask you

So I'm going to write a bunch of questions like "Have you ever killed someone?"

To which I will answer "Yes"

As I have killed people in video games before

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    Yessss

i hope someone asks you whether you're a virgin

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Yessss

that's like a virgin saying he's had sex with a girl because of his fantasy fuck-self

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

i don't remember

test is in 34 hours!

So f and g just represent some arbitrary functions

So if I say f(x) = x + 1, and then f(2) = 3, f(3) = 4, so on.

Then if I say that g(x) = x - 2

And I ask for f(g(x)), then I just put in g(x) where x would be, so f(g(x)) = (x - 2) + 1

• Options
    alex, have you ever had sex?

well, i played this eroge...

• Options
    Yessss

i hope someone asks you whether you're a virgin

That would be a more interesting question if I were a virgin

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

i don't remember

test is in 34 hours!

FoG
    GoF

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    Yessss

that's like a virgin saying he's had sex with a girl because of his fantasy fuck-self

You know what would be hilarious? If someone did that yet used that crazy Japanese pigeon dating game for an example. :twisted:

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    Man Thom, an actor's director is something I'd like to be. After working on my short film, and dealing with my actors, being able to bring out a performance is so fucking rewarding. And fun, christ is it fun.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »
    Yessss

I'm just wondering if I will give it away or not.

Actually, the alternative might be just as interesting, if I like answer no and while thinking about a time I killed someone in a video game will my body register the physiological response from lying?

• Options
    why do you want people to think you're a murderer, Winky?

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Wash wrote: »

Because it is amusing to me

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Man Thom, an actor's director is something I'd like to be. After working on my short film, and dealing with my actors, being able to bring out a performance is so fucking rewarding. And fun, christ is it fun.

There is something wonderful when a director gets an actor to go beyond what you expect. I find it even more pleasurable when it's someone I don't expect to act well at all, like Dean Martin in Rio Bravo.

• Options
    ok i will try to remember this function bullshit and also all the stuff with log and ln and roots and exponents and blah

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular

Because they know not to fuck with him bro

• Options
    FUCK CALC OF VAR

okay night for realz

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

When do we get to see your short film?

• Options

Because it is amusing to me

google is totally indexing this post

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    1ZLyE.jpg

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    file is too blurry for such a big pic fuck

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Caveman, you should really ask organichu's permission before posting his profile pics.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    one handy way to think of a function (yay topology) is that it is a map from the space consisting of every possible input of the function to every possible output of the function.

EG: with the function 1/x where x is a positive real number takes the infinite line of all reals greater than zero and maps it down into the space between 0 and 1.

what's rather odd about that is that even though the input (all reals, including all those between 0 and 1) seems intuitively "bigger" than the output, that function is in fact isomorphic. Which means that every number in the input maps to 1 and only 1 unique number in the output (and that the map is continuous).

So there are essentially the same number of numbers between 0 and 1 as there are between 0 and infinity.

note: "real" numbers are misnamed.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Caveman, you should really ask organichu's permission before posting his profile pics.

this motherfucker's just IM'ing with me, friendly as can be, all the while posting evil ass shit about my disability

• Options
    one handy way to think of a function (yay topology) is that it is a map from the space consisting of every possible input of the function to every possible output of the function.

EG: with the function 1/x where x is a positive real number takes the infinite line of all reals greater than zero and maps it down into the space between 0 and 1.

what's rather odd about that is that even though the input (all reals, including all those between 0 and 1) seems intuitively "bigger" than the output, that function is in fact isomorphic. Which means that every number in the input maps to 1 and only 1 unique number in the output.

So there are essentially the same number of numbers between 0 and 1 as there are between 0 and infinity.

i don't know if this is aimed at me, but

what i'm doing are like, 10th grade algebra 2 functions

• Options

what's rather odd about that is that even though the input (all reals, including all those between 0 and 1) seems intuitively "bigger" than the output, that function is in fact isomorphic. Which means that every number in the input maps to 1 and only 1 unique number in the output.

i don't know if this is aimed at me, but

what i'm doing are like, 10th grade algebra 2 functions

So was the function I was talking about :P

f(x) = 1/x using the set of positive real numbers seems pretty basic. But deep weirdness can still be found there.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

When do we get to see your short film?

Only Podly gets to see it, and I hope he doesn't ask to.

gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

this motherfucker's just IM'ing with me, friendly as can be, all the while posting evil ass shit about my disability

Organichu's eye is so lazy, he receives two welfare checks.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    oh applying it tells me -1+1=0

wow
    1 + 1 is whatever I want it to be

This discussion has been closed.