Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

X-Men: Resisting Avengers Oppression For Five Decades

1568101161

Posts

  • ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Nah... my prediction is that the Phoneix force is going to possess Spider-man.

    1169266-spider_phoenix_super.jpg

    Where the hell is that from?

  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    98UIz.jpg
    I wonder, if it stayed in him long enough, would the same thing that happened to a Colossus of a parallel earth happen to him?


    http://marvel.wikia.com/Phoenix_Force_(Earth-2182)

  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    98UIz.jpg
    I wonder, if it stayed in him long enough, would the same thing that happened to a Colossus of a parallel earth happen to him?


    http://marvel.wikia.com/Phoenix_Force_(Earth-2182)

    I used to own that comic (before I sold my collection to pay lawyer bills). It was actually a special effects machine that Spider-man strapped to his back that made it look like he was projecting the Phoenix.

    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Scott is dumb as fuck if he thinks that anyone is or should just let him do whatever the fuck he likes with any mutant because they are mutants

    guess what, Scott, you are making an incredibly risky attempt to force a Phoenix possession

    other people have the right to be pissed at this

    I get this feeling they're going to pull a 'Daredevil' with Cyclops. Everyone has been hinting at this, that this is so out of character for him to do this. I would not be surprised if there is some kind of posession going on (e.g. Shadow King, the Void).

    I could be misinterpreting the general reaction but it sounds to me like most people feel that Scott is acting stupid but completely in character.

    That after all the shit that's happened the last few years its consistent but he's still being stupid/supervillain-ish.

    Quire.jpg
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Scott is dumb as fuck if he thinks that anyone is or should just let him do whatever the fuck he likes with any mutant because they are mutants

    guess what, Scott, you are making an incredibly risky attempt to force a Phoenix possession

    other people have the right to be pissed at this

    I get this feeling they're going to pull a 'Daredevil' with Cyclops. Everyone has been hinting at this, that this is so out of character for him to do this. I would not be surprised if there is some kind of posession going on (e.g. Shadow King, the Void).

    I could be misinterpreting the general reaction but it sounds to me like most people feel that Scott is acting stupid but completely in character.

    That after all the shit that's happened the last few years its consistent but he's still being stupid/supervillain-ish.

    That's how I'm viewing it. Scott is behaving exactly like I expect him to right now. It's frustrating because I don't like his fanatical attitude towards Hope and the super-villainish track he is on, but I understand it and think his actions are in line with the path he has been on since M-Day.

    I think Cap was out of character, though. He had to have known that parking the helicarrier above Utopia and telling Scott he was going to take Hope was going to result in a fight and found a better approach.

    But whatever, we get to see a bunch of heroes punch each other.

    camo_sig2.png
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Nope, Marvel super heroes never fight each other. It's a completely uncommon occurance.

    Almost as uncommon as bringing someone back from the dead. Can you imagine?

    manwiththemachinegun on
  • MrBeastMrBeast Registered User
    edited May 2012
    Has Spidey ever died in 616 continuity? Not counting being buried alive by a crazy bug-eating man. I've been out of the loop for some time.

    Apologies for threadjacking by the by. Perhaps a better question would be 'Has Spider-Man ever left his wife and baby child for another woman and then gotten on his high horse years later about taking care of kids in 616 continuity?' I mean, I love ya Cyke, but your track record is balls.

    MrBeast on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Was it Kierkegaard or Dick Van Patten who said, Registered User regular
    He did "die" in the Other, where he was reborn in a cocoon of his dead body, and another time where he turned into a big spider then gave birth to himself and then had his organic web shooters to sync up with the movie.

    corel309-Copy_zps0390a6cc.jpg
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Psylocke calls out Wolverine in the preview for next week's Uncanny X-Force.

    http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=4238&page=29
    Spoiler:

    Automaticzen on
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    I write news and stuff. It is fun.
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    I "believe" remender said the Final Execution arc would be primarily a Psylocke/Wolverine arc so yeah she aint gone for good (yet).

    PiybwnF.jpg
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    MrBeast wrote: »
    Has Spidey ever died in 616 continuity? Not counting being buried alive by a crazy bug-eating man. I've been out of the loop for some time.

    Apologies for threadjacking by the by. Perhaps a better question would be 'Has Spider-Man ever left his wife and baby child for another woman and then gotten on his high horse years later about taking care of kids in 616 continuity?' I mean, I love ya Cyke, but your track record is balls.

    During the Clone Saga, he "died" after he quit being Spider-Man and let the spectacular Ben Reilly take over. Peter had lost his powers, and his death was just body reacting to his powers coming back - he came back to life in the next issue.

    There was another story arc where Peter got poisoned and killed by the Vulture, and was finally happy in the afterlife hanging out with his parents and dead loved ones, and Doctor Octopus brought him back because he realized they had been BFFs all along. And then Kaine shows up and kills Doc Ock.

    Hensler on
  • TurambarTurambar Captain 'Crawler of the Warship XavierRegistered User regular
    WatXM #11 preview
    Spoiler:

    Aw yeah, how's that for living up to potential!
    That fight looks insanely pretty

    Though didn't Cap send Danny and T'Challa to Wakanda?

    nc_sig_1.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I guess Widow tagged along.

  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    Looks like Wolverine's team will be joining Cyke.

    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    I write news and stuff. It is fun.
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I really hope we continue to see Iceman being great like that.

    Love dat book.

  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Wolverine and the X-men without Bachalo art? Huzzah!

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    Hensler wrote: »
    Wolverine and the X-men without Bachalo art? Huzzah!

    I don't

    why

    how can you be so wrong

    huntresssig.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Captain 'Crawler of the Warship XavierRegistered User regular
    Bachalo is great, but I think I might like the Bradshaw art even better
    Especially the colors in that are just beautiful

    nc_sig_1.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    I like both Bradshaw and Bachalo, although they both have very distinctive weaknesses in addition to their strengths.

  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    MrBeast wrote: »
    Has Spidey ever died in 616 continuity? Not counting being buried alive by a crazy bug-eating man. I've been out of the loop for some time.

    Also another time he died in a random explosion and went to some weird afterlife limbo to meet Thanos and Death. He had a fight-debate with Thanos about the meaning of life and sort've got the better of him, so Death lets him go back.

    "Er, thanks. And, uh... no strings attached, right? ...right?"

    Single issue story, many years ago.

  • TexiKenTexiKen Was it Kierkegaard or Dick Van Patten who said, Registered User regular
    Who is Storm fighting in that panel? I can't tell if she's on the X-Men's side or not.

    Go Rachel, you beat up that communist something fierce.

    corel309-Copy_zps0390a6cc.jpg
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Who is Storm fighting in that panel? I can't tell if she's on the X-Men's side or not.

    Go Rachel, you beat up that communist something fierce.
    Iron Fist

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Hensler wrote: »
    Wolverine and the X-men without Bachalo art? Huzzah!

    I don't

    why

    how can you be so wrong

    Bachalo's art is by far the worst thing about the early issues of WatXM

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    Solar wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Hensler wrote: »
    Wolverine and the X-men without Bachalo art? Huzzah!

    I don't

    why

    how can you be so wrong

    Bachalo's art is by far the worst thing about the early issues of WatXM

    how can you be so wrong

    Bachalo's art is fun and loose and exactly what WatXM needed

    huntresssig.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Solar is wrong again.

    Bachalo's art is great.

    Steam:BuckarooHolidayNNID:BuckarooHolidayXBLGamertag:BuckarooHoliday
    Twitter:@BuckarooHoliday
    3DS Friend Code:3394-3880-2299
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    whatever it is

    I hate it

  • Linespider5Linespider5 You could have just sent a thank you note. Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

    Though didn't Cap send Danny and T'Challa to Wakanda?

    Golden architecture, warm tones, palm tree.

    I think that one panel is in Wakanda.

    2014png.png
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Bachalo is a good artist, but not a good fit for Wolverine and the X-Men.

  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    I like Bacchalo, I think his art adds a lot to whatever project he does, but it can be a little messy at times and I can see why it would turn some people off.

    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    I like the overall effect but Bacchelo had problems with the composition of panels.

    Quire.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Captain 'Crawler of the Warship XavierRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or does Cyclops on the cover of WatXM #10 look like the evil penguin from Wallace and Gromit

    nc_sig_1.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar
  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    WaX #10:
    Spoiler:

    Oh, and some stuff with Angel and Genesis.

    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    I write news and stuff. It is fun.
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    OK I'm not sure if this was a printing error but Legacy 266 seemed to have a page missing at the very end.

  • TexiKenTexiKen Was it Kierkegaard or Dick Van Patten who said, Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    WaX #10:
    Spoiler:

    Oh, and some stuff with Angel and Genesis.

    I love the idea that Iceman just wanted to help out the weaker guy when the sides were being drawn, take that Logan!

    Quentin and Magik together forever.

    edit: and Bachalo really needs to stop coloring his stuff, he's just getting lazy in some parts, where the skin color goes into the eyes and he lens flares Cyke's visor a lot instead of just going shiny, it just doesn't look as good as when Bradshaw's working on the book and he has a separate colorist.

    TexiKen on
    corel309-Copy_zps0390a6cc.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Was it Kierkegaard or Dick Van Patten who said, Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    OK I'm not sure if this was a printing error but Legacy 266 seemed to have a page missing at the very end.

    Nope, it happened to me too (digital version at least)

    Legacy was a good issue, it shows how the Avengers are just jackasses. And Frenzy really gets a good moment to show he being a good bruiser.
    Spoiler:

    Good issue, again showing the X-Men are peaceful people getting beat up by bully Avengers.

    corel309-Copy_zps0390a6cc.jpg
  • RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    I definitely side with the X-Men here, but I don't understand when did Wolverine become a part of the establishment. Acting responsibly and siding with the Avengers. That ain't my Wolverine, bub.

    EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.
  • MrBeastMrBeast Registered User
    Has Bachalo ever explained why he switched style so dramatically during his run on Generation X? About issue #30 I think. I loved his moody stylings, and then one day Jubilee became a ten year old girl with manga eyes.

  • AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    RandomAtom wrote: »
    I definitely side with the X-Men here, but I don't understand when did Wolverine become a part of the establishment. Acting responsibly and siding with the Avengers. That ain't my Wolverine, bub.
    Spoiler:

    Responsible Wolverine seems to have sprung from Aaron's time on Wolverine, wherein
    Spoiler:

    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    I write news and stuff. It is fun.
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    The Avengers don't want Hope because she is a mutant they want Hope because the Phoenix Force is heading to her and can kill everything

    I don't understand why this is even a problem, honestly.

    The Avengers defeat / murder Gods and a variety of other cosmic existential threats on a daily basis. Hell, they're probably letting a few of them sharpen their fangs while they distract themselves fighting the X-Men.

    Why not just roll-up the Pheonix Force (surely between Wanda & Strange it would more or less be a non-issue?) and call her a day?

    TOG Solid wrote:
    If that guy wasn't white he would have gotten popped by so many tasers simultaneously that Marvel could use that as the new origin for Electro.
1568101161
Sign In or Register to comment.