Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Wiz-War Tournament] Championship - Blood in the Water

ObiFettObiFett Use the ForceAs You WishRegistered User regular
edited July 2012 in Critical Failures
The Championship

Welcome to the maze of winners!

Get your counter-spell orders in ASAP after getting your hands PM'd to you.

TURNS WILL START 24 hours after the final game ends.

Its been a while for some of you so just in case:
READ. THE. RULES.
And the FAQ.
And the NEW FAQ!

Some changes to the above to make it playable over a forum
Counter-Spells - Because no one wants to have to wait for everyone to say whether or not they will counter any given spell by another player, all players will instead queue up their counter/reaction spells with conditions. For example, if I had a Full Shield (Counter any spell targeting me) in my hand I could queue it up by saying "Cast only if someone targets me with an attack that does damage" or "Cast if someone targets me with any spell" or "Cast if someone targets me with [specific spell]". These conditions can be as specific, multi-tiered, and creative as you want them to be. These should be PM'd to me once you get your starting hand/draw new cards and can be changed whenever and as often as you like. If you don't set anything up for your counter-spells, they just simply won't get played when its not your turn.

Turns - Turns will also be PM'd to me. You will have 24 hours after the previous player turn is posted for you to PM me your turn (this may change based on various factors or majority player demand). Your PM will contain the exact movement and timing of all the castings of your spells. Because there are counter-spells, however, if something gets countered in the middle of your turn, then it gets countered and your turn will continue on. In order to account for this, you can put conditionals in your turn order. For example, "Move down, Cast Lightning Bolt targeting Red Wizard. If lightning bolt is countered, then transform into Gnome and move Up, Up. If lightning bolt is not countered, then cast Fire Wall on right side of A-4 and move Up, Up." These can be as complicated or as simple as you want/need them to be.

Communication - All communication should be done in this thread. No PMs. Absolutely no sharing direct information about your cards.

Schools of Magic - You will be playing with all of the currently available schools of magic (Thaumaturgy, Conjuring, Mutation, Alchemy, Elemental, Mentalism) and both cantrip decks.

Victory - A wizard needs 3 VPs to win.

The Beginning Maze Status:
Champ1-0.png

stever777 <-Current Turn
VP - 0
Life - 15
Cards in Hand - 5
Sustained Spells/Held Items:

moleface
VP - 0
Life - 15
Cards in Hand - 5

El Skid
VP - 0
Life - 15
Cards in Hand - 5

admanb
VP - 0
Life - 15
Cards in Hand - 5

matev
VP - 0
Life - 15
Cards in Hand - 5

Only one of you can become The First Wizard of Critical Failures.

Good luck.

ObiFett on
SWTOR Main - Novah (Shadowlands)
Xbox Live - ObiFett (Currently Playing BF4)
Other Games - Hearthstone and Diablo 3