As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ah did naht hit her! Ah did naht! Oh, hai [Chat]!

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hmm, I might start a new playthrough of ME2 (then ME3) after I finish my current ME3 run. Do I miss important stuff by not playing ME1 (like my role model Bob, the Cesca!)?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Hmm, I might start a new playthrough of ME2 (then ME3) after I finish my current ME3 run. Do I miss important stuff by not playing ME1 (like my role model Bob, the Cesca!)?
    If you don't download a save or don't have the PS3 version, you won't meet Rex. Outside of that, not really.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    unless you use the DLC comic thing you'll have a rather limited starting state in ME2

that covers the important bits, though you'll lose Conrad Verner

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Just get a save you like from masseffectsaves.com.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    unless you use the DLC comic thing you'll have a rather limited starting state in ME2

I would recommend the DLC comic thing

it is pretty cool.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Also, guys

http://www.eiendomsmeglervest.no/Kjope/Eiendom?Id=11516

See that timer?

If that expires without any higher bids, then that apartment is MIIIIIIIINE

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

it is pretty cool.

Yeah, I have the Regenesis comic as well. Hell of a lot easier to get that then try and track down a copy of ME1 for the brobox.

I think after my canon paragon run I'm going to do a ME2 playthrough with a renegade femshep.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Gonmun wrote: »

it is pretty cool.

Yeah, I have the Regenesis comic as well. Hell of a lot easier to get that then try and track down a copy of ME1 for the brobox.

I think after my canon paragon run I'm going to do a ME2 playthrough with a renegade femshep.

track down? It's on xbox live. It's where I bought it originally.

Also renegade femshep is bestshep in me2

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Five minutes to go until the dream apartment is mine

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    seriously look at that place

it is so nice!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    one-room studio, huh

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    one-room studio, huh

For a student place, it is niiiice

more than the size, it's that it was refurbished in 04 and looks so nice and in such a nice place and oh god I love it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Are you buying or renting Abdy? I've no idea how Nordibucks work. It is super nice, and SO SCANDINAVIAN!

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    It does look nice.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Campy wrote: »
    Are you buying or renting Abdy? I've no idea how Nordibucks work. It is super nice, and SO SCANDINAVIAN!

Buying. Or, my dad is buying and I'll "rent" it from him for the interest on the loan, minus the tax benefits he'll get

the total of that + the communal cost of 900 a month is like, a whole grand less than what my mates pay in rent for their communal shoeboxes

in yankeedollars the cost of the place is 224160.68

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Done!

yessssssss

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

it is pretty cool.

I prefer having the physical copies as I only have one of the older 20g 360's atm. However, I'll keep that in mind should I feel a huge urge to play it again. For the time being I'll stick with the comic.

~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Also, guys

See that timer?

This new Swedish furniture bidding site is awesome! But the name is confusing. I would have gone with "bidKea" or something.

But yeah I could definitely use a new end table. Bid placed! Bid placed!

• Options
    Also, guys

See that timer?

This new Swedish furniture bidding site is awesome! But the name is confusing. I would have gone with "bidKea" or something.

make no mistake; I will kill for that place.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

it is pretty cool.

I prefer having the physical copies as I only have one of the older 20g 360's atm. However, I'll keep that in mind should I feel a huge urge to play it again. For the time being I'll stick with the comic.

Yeah me too. It's the only non-physical game I have, and really the only one I can fit, but I usually delete it when I'm not going to be playing it for a while.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Also, guys

See that timer?

make no mistake; I will kill for that place.

You will find an envelope taped to the bottom of your chair. Inside the envelope are your instructions. Do not fail.

• Options
    I loved everything about that place

one thing that doesn't show there is that there's a uuuh bod (what do you call it? Like, storage space) in the cellar that's 6 m^2 and the cellar has that nice old cellar smell as the building is from 1936 and it's in a side street but still close and there's the big grass area behind the building that's really cozy and the kitchen looks so godamn nice and it's a proper kitchen even in such a tiny apartment and the bathroom is also super nice

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    heh, bitter shepard
    "So the Geth believed your evidence that the Reapers were coming back?"
    "Of course."
    "That must have been nice."

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I am still playing through ME2 and I forgot how good the game was. At first I thought the mission and narrative in 1 was better, but it turns out the missions in 1 were kinda garbage.

The narrative wasn't executed as well but it was better - I don't like that ME2 sort of created a new enemy and jammed it into the game. Felt like they were just delaying for the sake of a middle game, an excuse to have Shepard running around the Terminus systems working for a sketchy organization, rather than being a coherent continuation of the nice epic story they began in 1.

The writing and characterization are much better in 2, though. Mordin and the genophage are still the most interesting.

• Options
    ME2 was about a bunch of great characters. The plot... well, it mostly wasn't there and it wasn't great so pffft.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    But the payoff for ME2 is in ME3, EM. Seriously. Ah, the emotional payoff.

there have been some tears.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Also, guys

See that timer?

Nice! I love the floors. My place is all carpets, I dislike it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    ME2 was about a bunch of great characters. The plot... well, it mostly wasn't there and it wasn't great so pffft.

so like every bioware RPG?

• Options
    The plot in BGII got boring near the end. Oh, the main villain is just a moron who can't handle not being a super-special elf. Fuck him.

• Options

the ME1 plot was great.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Richy wrote: »
    Also, guys

See that timer?

The other two apartments we looked at had linoleum posing as wood, and wood, painted white. The last one was horrid.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    And it is def ours now!

My dad had to go up 60 grand to make the seller happy but it's a done deal now

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Also, guys

See that timer?

The other two apartments we looked at had linoleum posing as wood, and wood, painted white. The last one was horrid.

They painted wood floors white? That does sound horrible D:

sig.gif
  • Options
    DA2's plot was also great

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    One thing I don't know if I'm going to be able to do though...

ME talk
    I don't think I'm going to be able to kill Wrex on Virmire when I do my femshep run. I just love that guy sooooo much. Him and Mordin are my two favorites. That and Garrus.

• Options
    edited March 2012

the ME1 plot was great.

There is some vague big bad with vague evil plans and you need to stop him like in every goddamn game ever by using a magical plot device from a long dead civilization. Most of the characters are inconsequential to the plot.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Also, guys

See that timer?

They painted wood floors white? That does sound horrible D:

wasn't really a wood floor as much as the upper side of a roof, if you get what I'm saying

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Couscous wrote: »

the ME1 plot was great.

There is some vague big bad with vague evil plans and you need to stop him like in every goddamn game ever by using a magical plot device from a long dead civilization.

Oh hey, look at that, it's possible to make any plot sound dumb if you summarize it. Whodathunk it.
    YOU EXIST BECAUSE WE ALLOW IT

YOU WILL END BECAUSE WE DEMAND IT

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    somebody looked at that one and thought

this needs some furnishing

but fuck it lets just paint it all white

it had an amazing view though

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The emotional pay-off that ME3 provides for all the stuff in ME2 is pretty incredible.
    Mordin and the genophage, Miranda and her sister, Jack getting her life together, Tali and Legion, the Illusive Man's machinations. I think they must have had a long hard look at the stuff they set up in the first game, realised they needed a whole lot more stuff to make the final installment satisfying, and crowbarred as much new stuff as they could into ME2.

Even the less well-developed characters, like Samara, Zaeed and Grunt, have nice pay-offs in ME3. Kasumi's bit in ME3 has been the only one that really felt perfunctory.

I am consistently amazed at how big Cerberus seems to have become in a year. I thought it was a renegade outfit, but they're taking over whole planets.

This discussion has been closed.