As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect]: Victory & Commendation Packs out! Mark ALL spoilers or BANSHEES!!

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    They needed a joystick to rise out of the console so Shepard could fly the Normandy

I like to imagine Shepard mooning the Reapers as the Normandy goes FTL out of the system

comes back

and does it again

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I really don't see a point to using a level 20 character in Bronze. But people do it.

And this pisses me off to no end.

Last night I kept looking for Bronze rounds to level up my Adept and Sentinel (levels 3 and 6 respectively) and I almost always ran into pub groups sporting 2-3 dudes level 15+. I just wanted to scream at them that they could make 2+ times the money in the same amount of time running Silver rounds, in fact I did this on a group with 2 level 20's in it.

Got me kicked, but was worth it.

I often just stick to Bronze even at 20, because I just get randoms that are bads and 15 minutes of a bronze nets me more than 20+ minutes of a silver that ends up failing anyway. A complete bronze gives more credits and xp than a failed silver at any point. Until people get better at the game or I ever get to play with PA'ers, I find doing silver to be counterproductive, and I dont even waste my time trying for gold.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    cptrugged wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Guys, let's talk about something other than the ending. Something else that was terrible.

Scanning. Scanning is terrible. Just awful.

SMGs really seem to be terrible. I keep trying to find a spot for them. (Maybe a Turian Soldier with Marksman?) But the rise on them is so bad that even with the damage buffs only a couple of them are worth thier weight. Which is funny because I thought thier addition to ME2 was a great thing for the pistol only classes of ME1. I loved the tempest in ME2 for my engy. But with the new lack of weapon restrictions and going to the weight system, the SMGs just don't seem to have a spot when powers now cover so many bases vs shields/barriers.

Smgs are cover only guns. The rise goes almost totaly away in cover. They are still of limited use...

Do SMGs still retain their bonus to stripping shields/barriers from ME2? I mainly carry one with the lightweight mod as a backup weapon.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I like to imagine Shepard mooning the Reapers as the Normandy goes FTL out of the system

comes back

and does it again

Problem, reapers?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    They needed a joystick to rise out of the console so Shepard could fly the Normandy

Nooooo.

The reapers clone shep to replace him, discard the idea and force him to work in a mine.... this makes him evil young shepard.....

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular

May? Nah, I think we're looking further down the road than that. We'll get details in April but it's abundantly clear they are scrambling on this and I'd rather they took the time to do it right than rush it to get it out faster. Most DLC that companies make are usually in some level of development for quite awhile before we ever hear of them then its often a few months before they come out. I can't imagine it'd be out, and not be a rush job, before June/July.

I'm thinking more like July/August. They likely have DLC they're currently polishing off. After that, they'll have to write it, film/program it, perhaps add more dialogue, test it, get it certified....

• DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Ray Muzyka posted a response about the ending, basically saying we appreciate your feedback(but neener neener, reviewers gave us perfect scores, nevermind those scores are probably not based on finishing the game)
    Ray Muzyka wrote:
    ...it’s incredibly painful to receive feedback from our core fans that the game’s endings were not up to their expectations. Our first instinct is to defend our work and point to the high ratings offered by critics – but out of respect to our fans, we need to accept the criticism and feedback with humility.
    First paragraph bro.

Edit:
    ...and in April we will make DLC to actually answer questions about what happened in the ending:
    Also not what was said.
    Ray Muzyka wrote:
    Building on their research [on "everything they can find about reactions to the game"], Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April.
    So, next month, we'll hear what/if Casey et al plans to do about fan reaction to the ending.

"However, most folks appear to agree that the game as a whole is exceptional, with more than 75 critics giving it a perfect review score and a review average in the mid-90s."

It was just annoying to see him have to go back to the look at what critics said line later in the blog. And you can spin that 2nd sentence all you want, but he clearly stated they're going to put out clarification DLC. I'm not mad about it, I'm glad. Maybe it won't come out until May. /shrug

I love Mass Effect, and part of what made the ending such a horrifying shock was the fact that until the last 10 minutes of the game, it was so phenomenal. The end of Tuchanka was the most emotional moment of the entire trilogy for me, and then ending of Rannoch was similar. The citadel sniper practice scene with Garrus was equally touching. It was just an incredible game.

None of that changes the ending being atrocious, and I'm just glad to see they're going to take strides to give clarification to an ending that demands it.

May? Nah, I think we're looking further down the road than that. We'll get details in April but it's abundantly clear they are scrambling on this and I'd rather they took the time to do it right than rush it to get it out faster. Most DLC that companies make are usually in some level of development for quite awhile before we ever hear of them then its often a few months before they come out. I can't imagine it'd be out, and not be a rush job, before June/July.

Not to mention unless they're just doing a slide show, they have to get the voice talent back in studio in addition to the actual work of writing an developing the dlc

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I really don't see a point to using a level 20 character in Bronze. But people do it.

Last night I kept looking for Bronze rounds to level up my Adept and Sentinel (levels 3 and 6 respectively) and I almost always ran into pub groups sporting 2-3 dudes level 15+. I just wanted to scream at them that they could make 2+ times the money in the same amount of time running Silver rounds, in fact I did this on a group with 2 level 20's in it.

I often just stick to Bronze even at 20, because I just get randoms that are bads and 15 minutes of a bronze nets me more than 20+ minutes of a silver that ends up failing anyway. A complete bronze gives more credits and xp than a failed silver at any point. Until people get better at the game or I ever get to play with PA'ers, I find doing silver to be counterproductive, and I dont even waste my time trying for gold.

That not entirely true. 2 objective round completions (round 6) in silver net you almost as much money as a completed bronze. (I don't have the exact numbers at hand) But its the big round 10 completion that tacks on the big bucks. So if you can get to round 7 in silver you still made out pretty well. But, thats money. XP is definetly worth more for completions due to the bonuses.

cptrugged on
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I can't decide if I prefer my engineer with the plasma shotgun or the carnifex. Both are so delicious.

• TenekTenek Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    What you'd have to do is compare EA against the overall market, or at least it's peer group. You'd also have to take into account the % of EA revinue that comes from Bioware (and try and factor out the SWTOR cash flow). I don't think anything other than a literal poop sandwich in the DVD case would have caused EA stock to take a hit, they've got the most excellent cash cows of SPORT LEAGUE YYYY to keep them going. The only real business risk here is that Bioware would get chopped back to only supporting SWTOR or something, and that's something that I think would depend on the DLC sales.

This is going to contrast really oddly with the next section of my post, but I would think that's a stronger case for changing the end. As the proud owner of Kasumi, Overlord, Shadow Broker and Arrival (hooray for terrain exploits on Object Rho Insanity) I would be more than happy to pay for a fixed ending and boost the DLC sales. As it stands I'm in the position of saying no to any and all DLC for ME3 because of the ending.
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    ...you've never worked in a professional environment before, have you?

It doesn't matter if most of BioWare didn't work on ME. Employees would react very negatively if their boss threw their fellow employees under the bus in a public venue. Behind the scenes, that may be happening, but it can't happen in the public eye. That's the surefire way to lose all employee loyalty, passion, and effort, as well as some potential future employees.

BioWare is handling the criticism. They have no moral imperative to listen to the fans on this. It makes long-term business sense, but they would be well within their rights to say "Screw you, the ending is the ending, we'll ignore further contact regarding it."

And, really, the stock prices of EA as a whole? That's your 'evidence' against me? Really? Please.

To answer your first and last questions: Yes, I have, and no, that's my way of saying that this has not been a major financial catastrophe and is unlikely to turn into one regardless of the response.

And that's a very good point about the employee reaction, although it leaves me wondering what the hell the correct response is. Is that the collective assessment of the "damned if they do..." crowd here? The best plan is to try stalling for a few weeks?

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Guys, let's talk about something other than the ending. Something else that was terrible.

Scanning. Scanning is terrible. Just awful.

But it was quick and easy! I actually don't mind it at all! Whereas after the first playthrough with ME2, I hack my minerals and money so I never have to scan a planet again (other than to get N7 missions) and never have to break into random safes unless it's to grab an upgrade.

I'm not even sure what the point of the actual scanning part was. I'm pretty sure the pursuing Reapers pause while you're scanning the planet, so you can't get a game over while you spin around the globe. Is there any reason to not just give you the war asset as soon as you push a "survey" button like in ME1? Is there ever more than one thing to find on any given non-main plot planet?

That not entirely true. 2 objective round completions (round 6) in silver net you almost as much money as a completed bronze. (I don't have the exact numbers at hand) But its the big round 10 completion that tacks on the big bucks. So if you can get to round 7 in silver you still made out pretty well. But, thats money. XP is definetly worth more for completions due to the bonuses.

Soo....you just confirmed what I said? You have to complete a silver to get more credits than a completion of a bronze. Ditto with XP. And even a complete Silver doesn't award much more XP than a complete bronze that is played well.

My point isn't that Silver is pointless. I'd love to be able to do Silver with a high rate of success. It's just too common to get into one where someone doesn't know what they're doing and constantly die, people not going after objectives and running out of time on things like kill targets, and people randomly dropping without saying a word leaving 3 people to try to finish it.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Dr. Worm wrote: »
    I can't find a single thing wrong with Ray's statement.

The point about the reviews is to note that those reviewers, assuming they played the whole game, gave the game very high marks in spite of/due to/regardless of the endings. It's not a neener neener point at all.

Frankly I thought the statement was pretty humble coming from the CEO of a business.

:^:

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Dr. WormDr. Worm Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

The point about the reviews is to note that those reviewers, assuming they played the whole game, gave the game very high marks in spite of/due to/regardless of the endings. It's not a neener neener point at all.

Frankly I thought the statement was pretty humble coming from the CEO of a business. "We thought we made a good game and we're proud of it, but the reaction from our fans took us by surprise and we are working hard to address those concerns. We will take any feedback as long as you're not a total silly goose about it."

Dr. Worm on
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Tenek wrote: »
    And that's a very good point about the employee reaction, although it leaves me wondering what the hell the correct response is. Is that the collective assessment of the "damned if they do..." crowd here? The best plan is to try stalling for a few weeks?

I don't view it as stalling. I think they're doing a couple of things:

1. Pouring over feedback in order to determine what the fan base specifically disliked.
    2. Trying to figure out how to address the info gleaned from step 1 in a way that will, at the very least, fit in with the game itself.

It's possible that #2 is impossible, for a variety of reasons (quality, technology, story flow, cost, etc). But they are looking at it. Expecting them to do anything more is unreasonable, IMO.

Frankly I thought the statement was pretty humble coming from the CEO of a business.

Yeah I really don't see anything in it to get up in arms over. It felt like what needed to be said.

Pointing out the reviews, if for no other reason, is to try to assure people who may be on the fence about buying the game because of the whole ending fiasco and at the same time say to investors and such "hey, see, it's not like the game is crap, don't run away".

It just feels like people who are getting angry over this letter are just trying to stay angry. It just reminds me of my daughter who, when she's already having a meltdown about something, if she starts to calm down will actively look for, and ask for, things that she knows will keep her upset.

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Ok, so I'm here to complain about a different ending: Priority Rannoch. I've never felt so railroaded since the end of Fallout 3.
    Where was my "I'll let you upload the code, if you let the Quarians have Rannoch" option. I'd have taken a "Ok, if you spare the Quarian fleet" option as well.

And then when not-Legion turned it down, I could kill all the Geth for a reason. I understand not letting me have peace between the two (despite making all the correct choices - I looked it up), since Legion died on the Suicide Mission. That's a perfectly fair consequence. But not allowing me to actually weigh my options before picking what race to exterminate is just poor writing.

That and the Reaper fight right before it is really silly. If you fight the Reaper like it's aiming at you (by waiting to dodge at the last second), you die. If you just walk aimlessly back and forth, you'll beat it.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Soo....you just confirmed what I said? You have to complete a silver to get more credits than a completion of a bronze. Ditto with XP. And even a complete Silver doesn't award much more XP than a complete bronze that is played well.

My point isn't that Silver is pointless. I'd love to be able to do Silver with a high rate of success. It's just too common to get into one where someone doesn't know what they're doing and constantly die, people not going after objectives and running out of time on things like kill targets, and people randomly dropping without saying a word leaving 3 people to try to finish it.

True, but I'd say if you were a 20 just trying to get money, you're still better off getting to round 6 on silver since you aren't concerned with xp. And getting 13000 instead of 15000 (numbers pull from my ass) isn't a bad deal for the time it takes to get to round 6 compared to a completion as you brought up time as a consideration.

But, unfortunately with randoms even round 6 in silver can be a chore. But I find it more and more consistantly doable as people are higher level up without promoting.

cptrugged on
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm here to complain about a different ending: Priority Rannoch. I've never felt so railroaded since the end of Fallout 3.
    Where was my "I'll let you upload the code, if you let the Quarians have Rannoch" option. I'd have taken a "Ok, if you spare the Quarian fleet" option as well.

And then when not-Legion turned it down, I could kill all the Geth for a reason. I understand not letting me have peace between the two (despite making all the correct choices - I looked it up), since Legion died on the Suicide Mission. That's a perfectly fair consequence. But not allowing me to actually weigh my options before picking what race to exterminate is just poor writing.

That and the Reaper fight right before it is really silly. If you fight the Reaper like it's aiming at you (by waiting to dodge at the last second), you die. If you just walk aimlessly back and forth, you'll beat it.

I can't speak for anything else, but I did that last thing by doing what you said killed you. I always dodged at the last second and did it fine. You can keep charging while dodging.

Rannoch spoilers
    It wasn't about the Geth "sparing" the Quarians, though. It was about the Quarians firing and firing and firing whether you tell them to stop or not, despite everything you say to them. "Don't defend yourselves!" is not a good argument. I did have enough points to tell the Quarians to stop being stupid idiots, and they listened to me.

Also I think you can still have enough 'peace' points even if Legion is dead... you just have to have done his loyalty mission before he died and destroyed the heretics instead of reprogramming them.

• Dr. WormDr. Worm Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Yeah I really don't see anything in it to get up in arms over. It felt like what needed to be said.

Pointing out the reviews, if for no other reason, is to try to assure people who may be on the fence about buying the game because of the whole ending fiasco and at the same time say to investors and such "hey, see, it's not like the game is crap, don't run away".

It just feels like people who are getting angry over this letter are just trying to stay angry. It just reminds me of my daughter who, when she's already having a meltdown about something, if she starts to calm down will actively look for, and ask for, things that she knows will keep her upset.

I have a toddler as well, and know well the behavior of which you speak.

There's nothing Bioware can do at this point that would stop making people angry. They could release a new 25 hour DLC tomorrow that gives fans the ending they want (whether it be Return of the Jedi or Elcor Holocaust or Snakes on a MFing Plane) and release it for FREE and give everyone a grape-flavored unicorn to go along with it, a unicorn that shits rainbows, mind you, and they'd still be subject to nerd rage and vows never to buy another Bioware product again because the unicorn wasn't already included in the Collector's Edition.

And that's a shame.

Dr. Worm on
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

to be fair, it is your own fault.
    go back and keep legion alive in me2

Deaderinred on
  • SirsonSirson Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Frankly I thought the statement was pretty humble coming from the CEO of a business. "We thought we made a good game and we're proud of it, but the reaction from our fans took us by surprise and we are working hard to address those concerns. We will take any feedback as long as you're not a total silly goose about it."

I agree, I can't wait for this silly nerd rage to end. It's especially bad on websites like reddit, holy cow. I know this is the internet and we should hate on all things, but come on. Attacking people that have made some of the best story based video games ever is just crazy.

This just in on joystiq btw.. sounds like the Mass Effect goodness is far from over.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/21/mass-effect-3-player-feedback-spawns-content-initiatives-deta/

Sirson on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

Indeed, that first part sucked as did:
    Moridin getting blown up and them covering their asses story-wise by suddenly making you dismiss your squad. Which could include a disposable robot body. Or if you didn't have Kaiden, EDI too! :)

• RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    Sirson wrote: »
    I agree, I can't wait for this silly nerd rage to end. It's especially bad on websites like reddit, holy cow. I know this is the internet and we should hate on all things, but come on. Attacking people that have made some of the best story based video games ever is just crazy.

That's more an indictment on how shitty storytelling is in video games than any sort of compliment in bioware's favor

@Dr. Worm

If liming was still a thing, I would lime your post so hard it would turn into limeade.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Indeed, that first part sucked as did:
    Moridin getting blown up and them covering their asses story-wise by suddenly making you dismiss your squad. Which could include a disposable robot body. Or if you didn't have Kaiden, EDI too! :)

Unfair! Kaiden has come a long way sir.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I think the very end of the game was kind of sucky and nonsensical. But I also subscribe to the idea that the game in its entirety was the ending of the series, and it was 95% fantastic. I get that some people REALLY didn't like it. But it's starting to feel like Bioware is in the center of a study on fanaticism or something.
    People here are bitching that that statement wasn't sorry enough, didn't commit enough to a new ending. In other areas people are freaking out because they see the statement as them implicitly caving to demands to change the ending and if they don't care to stick by their artistic guns then why should they give a shit about their work anymore.

Absolutely ridiculous bullshit.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I don't know this will probably get me hate but
    The more I think about it the more I think there should be some kind of happy ending, they seem to have forgotten the sweet part of bittersweet

The entire rest of the game is just crushingly depressing, all the little subplots, everything it's just so fucking weighty. Then the ending feels like the end to the Mist, but it's poorly written to boot.

The reapers win no matter what you do, Harbinger was right it was inevitable. Might as well have given up and taken the Normandy to some beach planet off the beaten path and kicked back until the end came. The only ending that isn't depressing is the synthesis one, and that one doesn't make logical or thematic sense (what is all inert material alive now? In the entire galaxy?

override367 on
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular

I managed to get the happy ending on Rannoch, and the rush I felt as I told Legion to start the upload while I called up the Quarians to yell at them was awesome. I mean I logically knew that I had made the right choices and had all the pieces in place, but the feeling of I will not let you two idiots destroy each other. I am COMMANDER FUCKING SHEPARD and the universe will bend to my will! was most excellent.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Tenek wrote: »

I don't view it as stalling. I think they're doing a couple of things:

1. Pouring over feedback in order to determine what the fan base specifically disliked.
    2. Trying to figure out how to address the info gleaned from step 1 in a way that will, at the very least, fit in with the game itself.

It's possible that #2 is impossible, for a variety of reasons (quality, technology, story flow, cost, etc). But they are looking at it. Expecting them to do anything more is unreasonable, IMO.
    I'm going to go with "everything post-magic elevator" for #1. On a personal level, my internal monologue at that point was something along the lines of what the fucking fuck is going on here and I was seriously contemplating just quitting right before the last choice thing. I cannot imagine that at this point they are suffering from a lack of data, though.

Putting aside any considerations of whether that's the only way to make a difference... I was hoping for an acknowledgement that the ending is not in fact totally perfect. Instead, I got what appears to be a pile of mush. If wanting a better ending is unreasonable or unrealistic then I guess I'll just have to accept that I can realistically and reasonably expect to be highly disappointed, but it would still be nice.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I got the Valiant (the sniper rifle) out of the commendation pack (or whatever it's called). That thing is insane. Almost as powerful as a Mantis, 3 shots in a clip, and a nearly instant reload. I think I have a new favourite weapon. My question is, now that I've unlocked it, will upgrades appear in spectre packs and the like?

BionicPenguin on
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Rannoch spoilers
    It wasn't about the Geth "sparing" the Quarians, though. It was about the Quarians firing and firing and firing whether you tell them to stop or not, despite everything you say to them. "Don't defend yourselves!" is not a good argument. I did have enough points to tell the Quarians to stop being stupid idiots, and they listened to me.

Also I think you can still have enough 'peace' points even if Legion is dead... you just have to have done his loyalty mission before he died and destroyed the heretics instead of reprogramming them.

I did have enough
    Peace points. In fact, I had the maximum possible (7). But with the Legion VI you just don't get the choice.

Which makes no sense since, as you say, you're trying to convince the Quarians to back down.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    The more I think about it the more I think there should be some kind of happy ending, they seem to have forgotten the sweet part of bittersweet

The entire rest of the game is just crushingly depressing, all the little subplots, everything it's just so fucking weighty. Then the ending feels like the end to the Mist, but it's poorly written to boot.

The reapers win no matter what you do, Harbinger was right it was inevitable. Might as well have given up and taken the Normandy to some beach planet off the beaten path and kicked back until the end came. The only ending that isn't depressing is the synthesis one, and that one doesn't make logical or thematic sense (what is all inert material alive now? In the entire galaxy?

Of damn course it should have a
    Happy Ending. That totally should be possible. I'm of the opinion only Destroy isn't depressing, because regardless of anything else: You. Are. Alive. Still. So there's more to tell. It's bullshit in the "Buy our DLC!" sense, but in my ending, no matter how you look at it, Shepard's story was not done. Hence, they can easily fix it. The other 2 endings are giving into the Reapers (again, even if you don't believe the fan theories.).

A straight out Happy Ending where the good guys kick ass would be perfectly acceptable.

Actually, I find
    Synthesis to be the most genuinely depressing of all. Because it says that racial homogeny is the only way to peace.

• JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    Well color me surprised, I didn't think they'd do anything for the end.
    Saying they're going to do something but have to look in to what they can / should do is very reasonable.
    The technical difficulty of modifying the ending is high and I bet would involve having their best hacking programmers try a number of things to see what they can do.

BioWare Really really wants to make fans happy it seems.

Also I see nothing wrong with what ray said. There's nothing to hate about it.
    I know ray, and if he says he's going to do something for you, even if he can't say the particulars, you can bet he will do his damndest for you. He's a very upstanding individual.

Guess I've a hat to eat for being so wrong about what bioware will do with regards to the end.
    (honestly people really don't get the effort involved in doing something unplanned like this)

Cambiata wrote: »

Rannoch spoilers

I did have enough
    Peace points. In fact, I had the maximum possible (7). But with the Legion VI you just don't get the choice.

Which makes no sense since, as you say, you're trying to convince the Quarians to back down.

Oh. Well that kinda sucks then, yeah.

I'm trying to finish up my 'imperfect' save of ME2 so that I have one to import where people actually died... and I know that there are going to be some consequences for the people who died, oh yes.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    My human adept in beta felt like a god. My Salarian Engineer feels damned close. He can handle anything. I have to learn how to better get tech bursts going. I think if I start with energy drain, I can get an incinerate off quick enough to cause one. But I am still learning.

Still, draining energy to replenish my shields while walking around burning folks alive is awesome. I am using a pistol now for maximum tech usage, but once I get some weight down, I plan on shottying it up.

That being said, Salarian engineer gets a 30%(or so) reduction to sniper weight. Does that make carrying a sniper reasonable? Can I still keep my powers in the 150% range?

616610-1.png
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    Also:

Taz9o.png

It's weird that @Ben Kuchera is being such a whiner about Bioware changing the ending. You'd think that, being a game journalist and all, he'd have experience writing bad fiction nerds disagree with.

This discussion has been closed.