Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Cards Against Humanity] The Original and the Best! Now with Extra Graphics!

simonwolfsimonwolf i don't carei'd rather sink -- than swipe right for bradRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in Critical Failures
Cards Against Humanity

You know Apples to Apples, right? Party game, one person gets to play a Red Apple card that gives a noun or some other thing to be described, and all the other players get to play a Green Apple card that acts as the descriptor. Then the person who played the Red Apple card gets to decide which one fits the best - though honestly, I'm pretty sure everyone just picks the one that is the funniest.

Cards Against Humanity is like that, only it drops the innocent pretense.

This is a game where you'll be trying to figure out the best card in your hand to fill the blank in "I drink to forget __________", and the cards in your hand include smegma, the homosexual agenda, and historically black colleges.

It's really funny.

The game itself is available for free at the Cards Against Humanity website, or you can pay cash money to get a physical copy of the thing. There's an expansion pack available, but we won't be playing with that, since it costs cash money and I am but a poor Australian.

Here's how the game itself will work, though: sign up in the thread, and when the game starts, you'll be sent a hand of ten White Cards. Once the game starts, everyone takes it in turns to be the Card Czar and judge the results of that round. Only the winner of the round is publicly revealed as having played any particular card, so you can feign innocence when your abortion card didn't win the round.

The equivalent of Red Apple cards in this game are called Black Cards. Basically, the Card Czar chooses which one they find the funniest, and then the player who put down that White Card (or Cards) wins a point! Once we all start getting tired, we get one final round, where everyone makes a haiku from the cards in their hand, and that's game over.

I'll be looking at five or more players, preferably, but there's plenty of room.

So, what are you waiting for? Sign up, and get ready to be politically incorrect!

PLAYERS
1. Capfalcon - 1 Awesome Point
2. Lucedes - 1 Awesome Point
3. Cayrus - 1 Awesome Point
4. Mim - 1 Awesome Point
5. I needed a name to post. - 0 Awesome Points
6. Bedlam. - 0 Awesome Points
7. Telnaior - 1 Awesome Point
8. tzeentchling - 2 Awesome Point
9. blahmcblah - 2 Awesome Point

PREVIOUS ROUNDS
1. This is the way the world ends \ This is the way the world ends \ Not with a bang but with a sad handjob. (winner: Capfalcon)
2. For my next trick, I will pull the Jews out of bitches. (winner: Mim)
3. What's my secret power? Dick fingers. (winner: Lucedes)
4. A romantic, candlelit dinner would be incomplete without police brutality. (winner: Telnaior)
5. During sex, I like to think about BATMAN!!!. (winner: tzeentchling )
6. Rumor has it that Vladimir Putin's favourite dish is a can of whoop-ass stuffed with raptor attacks. (winner: Cayrus)
7. What's there a ton of in heaven? Ghosts. (winner: blahmcblah)
8. In an attempt to reach a wider audience, the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History has opened an interactive exhibit on queefing. (winner: blahmcblach)
9. In M. Night Shyamalan's new movie, Bruce Willis discovers that Bill Nye the Science Guy had really been not reciprocating oral sex all along. (winner: tzeentchling )

CURRENT ROUND
War! What is it good for?

simonwolf on