As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]ter than Shepard

1919293949597»

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    so

what'll Bioware's next thing be, after DA3?

it would definitely be cool to see a new IP

maybe they could do a western!

Gay cowboys.

Goes without saying

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    If bioware make me pay for a proper ending fuck them, that should be free if it happens.

No they should definitely suck money out of the whiners.

both of you are silly buggers

ftOqU21.png
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    "suggest that a writer work on their sex scene" is not equal to "demand that the writer rewrite the book, and give it to you for free."
    While certainly BioSoNet is full of people frothing at the mouth, there are a fair number of people who think that the ending was bad and aren't taking it beyond that.

As for changing content, hell, it's made even easier by the fact that they already have a system in place for multiple endings.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    There is no reasonable standard by which to determine whether the ending was objectively bad in order to justify them creating additional content for free.

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    You really have no right to demand a change to any art unless you're specifically asked.

Don't like the latest issue/game/book/movie/album? Don't buy the next thing they put out.

Lh96QHG.png
    There is no reasonable standard by which to determine whether the ending was objectively bad in order to justify them creating additional content for free.

the for free bit is just way silly

(although objectiveness is irrelevant)

ftOqU21.png
    I've semi-quit smoking

I can afford some DLC

ftOqU21.png

the for free bit is just way silly

(although objectiveness is irrelevant)

If you were to do this you couldn't have any bias when making the determination.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    so

what'll Bioware's next thing be, after DA3?

it would definitely be cool to see a new IP

maybe they could do a western!

Eeeeeeh. More shooting?

They're not really all that good at it. Like, they got some bits down that was really fun eventually - the shooting itself, in ME3, what with all the weapons and such - but they're still doing bad sticky cover and such

maybe if they get the chance to start over they can make gameplay that's thoroughly good, instead of something that at best feels rotten in the core.

I'm just thinking

what kind of game would be best for them? What would benefit most from the bioware way of doing things?

imo their biggest asset is characters and stories, and I like westerns, which is why I said western

They've been constantly improving their shooty bits so far, no reason to think they won't keep getting better at it. Basically my opinion is that Bioware games only have to have passably fun gameplay, and I don't think there's much difference between level of fun in ME's shooty gameplay and DA's choppy/slashy gameplay. They're both middling on those fronts, so that it might keep being middling with slight improvements is exactly what I expect, so it doesn't really count as a downside. Bring on more shooty, it's fine.

What kind of setting would you want?

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
    Whatever they did with a new IP would have to be pretty great in order for me to play it. I'm getting kind of tired of their story formula.

You really have no right to demand a change to any art unless you're specifically asked.

Don't like the latest issue/game/book/movie/album? Don't buy the next thing they put out.

Or, y'know

tell them your opinion of it

that's not demanding anything

and we all have been specifically asked, by the way

constructive feedback, mind, they said "kindly fuck off" to personal attacks and such

ftOqU21.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I wonder how Gorbachev is regarded in the PRC.

aRkpc.gif
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Do you guys have any good suggestions for ambient lighting? The lights in my room are really drab and when I'm working on music I like a little bit more ambient lighting. I'll probably pick up some orange or blue rope light for "cool" factor with my synths/gear, but I'd like something that could provide a little more light when I'm programming and patching 'n shit while still being soothing/inspiring.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Dimmable daylight-color lights.

aRkpc.gif
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Zampanov,make the new chat
    @Sarksus is backup

rRwz9.gif
This discussion has been closed.