Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Three hundred fifteen million, three hundred sixty thousand seconds.

The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two CrewRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited March 2012 in Social Entropy++
Five million, two hundred fifty six thousand minutes.

Eighty seven thousand, six hundred hours.

Three thousand, six hundred fifty days.

Ten years.

One decade.

That’s how long I’ve been posting here, believe it or not. I have been a part of this community for a bit less than a third of my entire life. Aside from being together with Amy, this is the longest I’ve ever done anything.

In that time I have graduated college, gotten a master’s degree, held four different jobs, gotten married, and moved my home five times.

While I have been here, some forumers have gotten married to each other. Some have gotten divorced. Some have given birth. Some have died. People have joined, left, changed names, been banned, been un-banned, created alts, or just stuck around.

I’ve been at every PAX Prime as attendee, media, or exhibitor. I plan to try to earn as many other types of badges as I can, eventually. I also hope to get to PAX East within a year or two.

I’ve participated in every Child’s Play, in one form or another, sometimes with a smaller contribution than I would have preferred to have been able to give.

I’ve been posting at Penny Arcade longer than Robert Khoo has been working at Penny Arcade.

I’ve been here for this forum going though several changes, crashes, closings, re-openings, re-designs, re-namings, and staff. I’ve seen and (to some degree) participated in no less than five spin-off, temporary replacement, or splinter forums. Most of them are gone.

But I’m still here. I always come back here and probably always will.

This place is a large part of my life and has had a large impact on my life in several different ways. This places has changed me, for the better, in several different ways. I consider a great vast number of you to be my friends. Many of whom are good, close friends. Well, as close of friends as I’ve ever had, anyway. Even though I’m sure most, if not all of you, have had closer friends to you than I am, some of you are the closest I’ve ever had.

The words from Bilbo Baggins on his 111th birthday seem pretty appropriate here:
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

There are many of you who probably know or recognize me better than I know you and for that I apologize. There are some of you to whom I have given unwarranted grief and for that I apologize as well.

But I will continue to be here, to get to know as many of you as I can to the best that my memory will allow. I look forward to seeing many of you again at PAX and to meet some of you in person for the very first time.

I hope this place is around for a good long while. I’m sure if it ever went away completely, there’d be a pretty big void to fill and I don’t know how I would.

Keep up the business as usual, SE++.

Thanks

gabecho.jpgtop_secret.jpggabecho2atar.jpgKITT.gifuncle.gifzappatar2.jpgcoopanimatesm.gifgeekface.gifjacksonatar.jpgcomicface.gifgeekhero.gifhurrigeek.gifgreeninjatar2.gifscreensaver.gifTheGeekConcept.gifwgavatar.gifstitchatar.jpgsteveatar.jpgcheese3.jpgtellerav.jpggarbagedayavatar.jpgchuckavatar.jpgmuncheravatar.jpgphineasatar.png

The Geek on
zappsigsm.jpg
Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.