As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 71 - In doldari's 3rd Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Plaguebearer to Estalia.

0/6 PP

4 friendly battle dice facing 8 opposing. I think I like my odds.

Where did you get 8 opposing? I think I have 5....and i don't remember anyone else summoning there....

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Tzeentch has (magic symbols + warpstones) dice in the region.

• Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game71state60.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Call to Arms! : During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.
    Rousing the Rabble : During the end phase, when Hero tokens are resolved, all Peasant tokens count as additional Heroes (they are still Peasants for all other purposes).

- Upgrade Effects
    Vengeance - In any region where you are rolling at least one battle die, you may roll one additional battle die
    Bloodthirster - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power into a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round

Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Virulent Outbreak (This region is considered Populous) and Strength in Numbers (If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one)
    Kislev : Shroud of Secrecy (During the battle phase, opponents must assign hits to Peasants and other opponents' figures before assigning hits to your figures)
    Bretonnia : Glean (This region is considered adjacent to all other regions)
    Estalia : Nurgle's Quest (If you place at least one corruption token in this region, immediately advance your dial one tick and carry out the dial instructions. This can be fulfilled once per phase) and Transmogrify (During the battle phase, roll one battle die for each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region)
    The Border Princes : Virulent Outbreak (This region is considered Populous)
    The Badlands : Strength in Numbers (If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one) and Bloodbath (Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region)

Nurgle rest.
    @jakobagger active.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Clan Rat to Norsca

0/6 PP

• Options
    Sorry i forgot to look while i was at home, do any of the regions have 6 or more corruption? I don't think so right? I can't see the map at work. IF there isn't like i think the following move will apply...

Bloodletter to kislev and rest

Other wise i would like to move the big guy for free. But i don't think i can....

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    No regions have 6 or more corruption, no.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Nope, corruption is cleared when a region is ruined. Estalia has the most of the non-ruined regions, at 4.

• Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Acolyte from Kislev to Bretonnia.

1/6 PP

Jebu on
  • Options
    Seductress to Kislev from Tilea
    And rest.

• Options
    that's what i remembered. but i wasn't sure. Play stands, Korne at rest.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 5-3. Summon Phases

game71state61.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Call to Arms! : During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.
    Rousing the Rabble : During the end phase, when Hero tokens are resolved, all Peasant tokens count as additional Heroes (they are still Peasants for all other purposes).

- Upgrade Effects
    Vengeance - In any region where you are rolling at least one battle die, you may roll one additional battle die
    Bloodthirster - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may summon a Bloodthirster for 0 power into a region that contains six or more corruption tokens once per round

Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Virulent Outbreak (This region is considered Populous) and Strength in Numbers (If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one)
    Kislev : Shroud of Secrecy (During the battle phase, opponents must assign hits to Peasants and other opponents' figures before assigning hits to your figures)
    Estalia : Nurgle's Quest (If you place at least one corruption token in this region, immediately advance your dial one tick and carry out the dial instructions. This can be fulfilled once per phase) and Transmogrify (During the battle phase, roll one battle die for each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region)
    The Badlands : Strength in Numbers (If you have more figures than any one other player in this region, the defense value of your figures is increased by one) and Bloodbath (Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region)

All rest except Tzeentch.
    @Jebu active.

doldari on
  • Options
    Acolyte to Bretonnia and rest.

• Options
    Round 5-4. Battle Phases

game71state62.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Battle Dice
    Troll Country : 5 Dice
    Kislev : 5 Dice, 2 Dice, 1 Dice
    Estalia : 5 Dice, 4 Dice, 3 Dice
    The Badlands : 3 Dice, 1 Dice

• Options
    TC: 2 hits
    http://orokos.com/roll/68590

Kislev: 1 horrifing hit, gotta get a dac so...slutty cultist i guess +1 DAC
    http://orokos.com/roll/68591

• Options
    Sorry, Shroud of Secrets says you can't go after my dudes. There's a nice peasant for you, though.

If it makes you feel any better, I failed to kill any bloodletters.
    Kislev round 5: 2d6h4 0

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 5-4. Battle Phases

game71state64.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Battle Dice

doldari on
  • Options
    Note: As stated in my post, Khorne can't attack my seductresses because of the Shroud; since he can't kill a clan rat because of the Ogre upgrade, he has to claim the peasant instead, so no DAC.

• Options
    Darian wrote: »
    Note: As stated in my post, Khorne can't attack my seductresses because of the Shroud; since he can't kill a clan rat because of the Ogre upgrade, he has to claim the peasant instead, so no DAC.

You are right. I fixed it.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Kislev: 1 hit, taking out a bloodletter.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, this thread is the one I realize I probably haven't posted earlier in the week that I will be moving come Tuesday. As such, I'm out of internet access until at least the 4th when they set it back up, though it's likely that starting tomorrow night/Monday I'll be gone for sure as we pack up my computer.

Characters
  • Options
    Round 5-4. Battle Phases

game71state65.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Battle Dice

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Hmmm, this thread is the one I realize I probably haven't posted earlier in the week that I will be moving come Tuesday. As such, I'm out of internet access until at least the 4th when they set it back up, though it's likely that starting tomorrow night/Monday I'll be gone for sure as we pack up my computer.
    We should have planned ahead and gotten you to move while Jebu was traveling.
    But no worries; we'll be here when you get back online. :)

• Options
    edited April 2012
    I shall preroll my dice in any event. Spoilered for after Khorne's roll:
    Estalia: 3 Hits. If any peasants remain after Khorne rolls, kill them first before killing bloodletters. If they are all dead just kill bloodletters.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    @texasheat your turn.

• Options
    Sorry, took a trip out of town for the weekend. here we go:

Estalia: 1 hit, may i have a dac please, take his leper
    http://orokos.com/roll/68750

BTW...i've never seen a korne ever roll as bad as i am....

• Options
    34 hits on 63 dice; overall, you're only about 3 or 4 below mathematical expectation. But they haven't been distributed very evenly.

• Options
    Round 5-4. Battle Phases

game71state66.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Battle Dice
    Estalia : 5 Dice DAC, 4 Dice, 3 Dice

• Options
    Estalia: 3 hits. Kill two lepers and a bloodletter please.

• Options
    LUCKY!!!!

The Badlands: 3 hits, take me a dac please! One rat ogre.
    http://orokos.com/roll/68850

• Options
    Round 5-4. Battle Phases

game71state67.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Battle Dice
    Estalia : 5 Dice DAC, 4 Dice, 3 Dice
    The Badlands : 3 Dice DAC, 1 Dice

• Options
    Damn, so close to double ticking. This is bullshit.

The Badlands round 5: 1 hit taking out the bloodletter.

• Options
    Round 5-5. Corruption Phases

game71state68.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Domination Step
    Norsca : +1VP DAC
    Troll Country : +1VP
    Kislev : +4VP
    Bretonnia : +3VP
    Estalia : +4VP
    The Border Princes : +1VP
    The Badlands : +1VP DAC

Corruption Step
    Norsca : None, Call to Arm!
    Kislev : +5 DAC
    Bretonnia : +2 DAC
    The Border Princes : +1

Check for Ruination
    None.

Updated VP
    20 + 2 = 22VP
    19 + 4 = 23VP
    26 + 3 = 29VP
    34 + 4 = 38VP
    14 + 2 = 16VP

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Round 5-6. End Phases

game71state69.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved.
    Norsca : Bloodsworn
    Bretonnia : Bloodsworn
    Tilea : Slaanesh choose one figure.
    The Border Princes : Bloodsworn
    The Badlands : Clan rat

3. Resolve Old World cards. - None

4. Score Ruined Regions. - None

5. Advance Threat Dials. - Each gods ticks once except Nurgle.
    28 - Upgrade
    15 - Score 3 VP
    16 - Place 2 Nobles
    20 - Summon 1 Warrior

Updated VP
    22VP
    23VP
    29 + 3 = 32VP
    38VP
    16VP

6. Check for Game end. - The game does not end.

Things that need to happen:
    1. @Darian to kill one your figure in Tilea.
    2. @texasheat to choose an upgrade.
    3. @Darian to place two Noble tokens.
    4. @jakobagger to summon one warrior.

doldari on
  • Options
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Damn, so close to double ticking. This is bullshit.

The Badlands round 5: 1 hit taking out the bloodletter.

To be fair, i was just as close. and yes i think it is bullshit as well. If i had rolled just 1 more hit in kislev, or one less hit in the badlands it could have gone either way for us....

• Options
    I'll take the bloodsworn upgrade please. Just to try to keep the HR in check with minions....and cause i've never seen anyone actually take and use this upgrade...

• Options
    Allow a daemonette (warrior) to face the Hero

• Options
    texasheat wrote: »
    I'll take the bloodsworn upgrade please. Just to try to keep the HR in check with minions....and cause i've never seen anyone actually take and use this upgrade...

I hope you're also planning to help stop Darian... If he ruins Kislev, he'll be over 50 VP.

• Options
    Nobles into the Border Princes and Troll Country

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Jebu wrote: »
    texasheat wrote: »

I hope you're also planning to help stop Darian... If he ruins Kislev, he'll be over 50 VP.

Well...yes i do intend to. Much like i intended to this round as well. However, 5 dice and 1 hit was a little disappointing...Tell you what, i'll stop slaanesh, if you stop the HR from double DAC'ing....

edit - Actually, my real hope is the next old world card. If it's the 15 corruption to ruin, i think we'll be ok. If not, it'll take a bit more effort. And besided that, theres no upgrade to take that would help me deal with slaanesh.

texasheat on
  • Options
    Warrior in the badlands.