As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 71 - In doldari's 3rd Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Anyone want to place bets with me on the chance that Khorne gets 0 hits in Tilea and I get 2+ hits so that Tilea doesn't ruin?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    On a side note, I'll be on vacation overseas for the next week, so I probably won't be able to keep up with the game. Sorry guys!

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    I'm fine with putting it on hold for a week, or we can sub someone in or go for a permanent replacement. Up to you/the host/other players.

• Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Brettonia: 2 hits
    http://orokos.com/roll/67497

Tilea: 1 hit, plaguebarer i guess? I don't know that any matter in that region...
    http://orokos.com/roll/67498

The Badlands: 1 hit
    http://orokos.com/roll/67500

texasheat on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Bretonnia: 1 Hit

Characters
  • Options
    Estalia: 2 Hits

Characters
  • Options
    Tilea: 1 Hit

Kill the confused Rat cultist.

Characters
  • Options
    texasheat wrote: »
    Tilea: 1 hit, plaguebarer i guess? I don't know that any matter in that region...

Well you did just give Slaanesh 4 extra points for placing corruption in the region when it ruins, otherwise she wouldn't have received anything if 2 of her cultists died.

Characters
  • Options
    I'd be happy to keep playing when I get back, but if you guys would rather not wait, that's fine too. I have a feeling that I wouldn't end up winning this game anyway.

Also, Aegis, you could have prevented that corruption placement in Tilea by Slaanesh since he needed at least two cultists to put any corruption down.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    He controls the Rat cultist so that's placing corruption down too. Would have needed to kill 2 cultists.

And if it doesn't place corruption but instead retains Rat characteristics, then it would have counted when the region ruined as being in the region to gain corruption, so same result.

It needed to die regardless. Hence my comment to Khorne. His hit needed to hit a Slaanesh cultist.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Tilea round 4: 3d6h4 2
    Which takes out the bloodletter then wastes some hits, I think. So... kill them all.

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    He controls the Rat cultist so that's placing corruption down too. Would have needed to kill 2 cultists.

And if it doesn't place corruption but instead retains Rat characteristics, then it would have counted when the region ruined as being in the region to gain corruption, so same result.

It needed to die regardless. Hence my comment to Khorne. His hit needed to hit a Slaanesh cultist.

For future reference, that's the way it works. And yeah, he should have been hitting a seductress.

• Options
    That's... really weird actually. As a side question separate from the game, if the Horned Rat only had one Clan Rat in a region when it ruins and Call to Arms is active, does it still count as ruination participation, or would it get cancelled by Call to Arms?

• Options
    Call to Arms has absolutely no effect on the rats, since they don't place corruption. Even a single rat still participates.

Best thing is when a region ruins, the Grail clears out all the corruption, then a single clan rat earns first place for the Horned one.

• Options
    Don't regions ruin and are scored before Old World Cards resolve?

Characters
  • Options
    Nope!

Participation is scored at the end of the Corruption phase. Then the end phase stuff happens in order; scoring the bonus points for first/second comes after the old world cards in the end phase.

• Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Round 4-5. Corruption Phases

game71state482.png

- Old World Card Effects
    The Warrens Erupt! : In the end phase, players who collected only one dial advancement counter do not advance their dial.
    Call to Arms! : During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.

- Upgrade Effects
    Vengeance - In any region where you are rolling at least one battle die, you may roll one additional battle die
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region

- Chaos Card Effects
    Kislev : Warpstorm (If you kill one or more enemy figures in this region during the battle phase, place a Warpstone token in this region)
    Estalia : Festering Fever (If you dominate this region, immediately collect a dial advancement counter)
    Tilea : Bloodbath (Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region) and Warp Shock (Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value)
    The Badlands : Skulltaker (All enemy figures that are killed in this region count toward your domination value)

Domination Step
    Troll Country : +1VP
    Kislev : +4VP DAC
    Estalia : +4VP, DAC
    Tilea : +3VP
    The Border Princes : +1VP
    The Badlands : +1VP

Corruption Step
    Norsca : None, Call to Arm!
    Kislev : None, Call to Arm!
    Estalia : +2 DAC
    Tilea : +1

Check for Ruination
    Tilea 2ed : +4VP, +4VP

Updated VP
    9 + 3 + 4 = 16VP
    15 + 4 = 19VP
    22VP
    19 + 3 + 4 = 26VP
    10 + 4 = 14VP

doldari on
  • Options
    But I killed everything in Estalia :(

Characters
  • Options
    But I killed everything in Estalia :(

Oh! sorry! I'll fixed it.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 4-6. End Phases

game71state521.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved.
    Tilea : Slaanesh choose one figure.

3. Resolve Old World cards.
    Tzeentch and Horned Rat don't advance Threat Dial.

4. Score Ruined Regions.
    Tilea : +8VP, +4VP

5. Advance Threat Dials. - Khorne ticks twice, Nurgle ticks once.
    17 - Score 4VP
    23 - Upgrade
    13 - Upgrade

Updated VP
    16 + 4 = 20VP
    19VP
    22 + 4 = 26VP
    26 + 8 = 34VP
    14VP

6. Check for Game end. - The game does not end.

Things that need to happen:
    1. Darian to kill one your figure in Tilea.
    2. texasheat to choose an upgrade.
    3. Aegis to choose an upgrade.

doldari on
  • Options
    Also that rat cultist mindcontrolled in Tilea I also killed!

Characters
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Also that rat cultist mindcontrolled in Tilea I also killed!

Sorry, I'll fixed it. :^: :^: :^: :^: :^:

doldari on
  • Options
    Man, I really didn't notice that I'm not adjacent to any place that matters :(

Characters
  • Options
    Plaguebearers - When a Plaguebearer is killed during the battle phase, place one of your corruption tokens in that region.

I may or may not have taken into consideration Slaanesh's current upgrade when selecting this.

Maybe.

Characters
  • Options
    Hmm tough call. I want to take bloodsworn....just because i've never seen anyone actually use it. But with the demonettes out there i think that could backfire on me. So...it'll have to be Bloodthirster upgrade please!

• Options
    Let the hero play with a seductress.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 5-1. Old World Phases

Rousing the Rabble
    Place one Peasant token in each region. Then, place one Peasant token in the region with the most corruption. - During the end phase, when Hero tokens are resolved, all Peasant tokens count as additional Heroes (they are still Peasants for all other purposes).

Estalia place one Peasant token with the most corruption.

game71state54.png

doldari on
  • Options
    So waiting for @darian to pick a hero kill target?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Round 5-2. Draw Phases

Tzeentch may choose to discard one card before drawing.

Draw 2, 7 in hand, 11 left in deck, 6 discard
    Draw 2, 4 in hand, 13 left in deck, 7 discard
    Draw 3 or 4, 5 in hand, 5 or 6 left in deck, 13 or 14 discard
    Draw 2, 8 in hand, 13 left in deck, 3 discard
    Draw 2, 6 in hand, 13 left in deck, 5 discard

Once Tzeentch has decided whether or not to discard, Khorne will be active to begin the first summoning phase.

doldari on
  • Options
    sorry posted that hours ago....work is slow today for posting...sorry again...

• Options
    texasheat wrote: »
    sorry posted that hours ago....work is slow today for posting...sorry again...

:winky:

• Options
    @jebu to declare discard, or pass the option

• Options
    I'm guessing we might have hit his week vacation he told us about.

Characters
  • Options
    I'm sure he won't forget us......

• Options
    We waited him for a week.

If he don't response until 24 hours, let me know what to do.
    I want to restart the game because I hesitate to invite other in this game. :winky:

• Options
    Screw that. If he doesn't come back we end it here and move on to another game. I may be a minority here but I'm good with either waiting till he comes back, or calling it done. Starting over now just seems...I don't know...wrong somehow....I guess i could comprimise and replace him...but that would be tough to do in such a close game as this....

• Options
    He said he was traveling overseas, which often involves jet lag. We've waiting this long; a couple more days (or even another week-ish) shouldn't be a problem.

• Options
    I don't mind waiting.

Characters
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I can wait.

• Options
    Sorry for the delay guys. I should have been back early this morning; instead through a series of airline-related misadventures I just got in about an hour ago. I am severely jetlagged and exhausted, but I will not forsake my duties as a god of Chaos!

Discard The Blue Scribes.