Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Awesome: 'Video Game Industry Thread: Angry Birds Space LA LA LA I'M NOT...' by vsove

vsovevsove ....also yes.Registered User regular
edited March 2012 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
Rorus Raz wrote: »
At this point, I fully expect to get to the end of ME3 and have the game signal my location to EA so they can send two goons over to kick me in the junk.

And maybe say some mean things about my family.

Due to the recession we can only afford a single goon.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

• admanbadmanb the bored genie Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Before EA bought them Bioware had enough respect for their customers to send two goons!

twitter, github, resume/portfolio, if you like to play or host boardgames online, check out handtracker
  • OrcaOrca Registered User regular
    If EA had funded them fully, Bioware would have sent three.

evilthecat wrote: »
    "Bioware I want to suck on your teets of gamingness".

The 2012 issue of Fornax. | Steam and Origin: Espressosaurus
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well, there ARE three goons, but it doesn't matter which one you pick, since they are all the same (except for wearing a different color suit). And afterwards, the one goon STILL kicks you in the junk.

Hahnsoo1 on
    Steam ID: Hahnsoo, Steam Name currently: Hahnsopolis | PSN: Hahnsoo | Monster Hunter Tri: Hahnsoo, E8HJCA
  • EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    For god's sake. So this is what we're left with.

I remember, back in the day, when I completed Baldur's Gate. Within two hours- no word of a lie, two hours, international distances be damned- I had my hands cuffed behind my back and a trio of rifles trained on my head.

These days some middleaged sadsack will politely knock on your door three months after the fact. If you let him in (let him in! They don't even have the guts to break in!) you'll get a single prod to the gut, maybe a halfhearted foot nudge if you play along and fall over. No broken limbs, not even a fleck of blood. Gone are the elite squads of youthful, energetic operatives, up-and-comers who took some pride in their work.

Gaming used to be all about the hired muscle beatdowns. What changed? When did you all lose your way?

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • IriahIriah Registered User regular
    these days they're at the mercy of Big Goon

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Well, there ARE three goons, but it doesn't matter which one you pick, since they are all the same (except for wearing a different color suit). And afterwards, the one goon STILL kicks you in the junk.

This right here is the best post.

Skull2185 wrote: »
    Basically, (PlayStation) Home is Second Life Ultra Light? Most of the cool stuff, none of the creepy blimp on blimp fucking.
  • The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    How do I awesome an entire thread...

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • GoatmonGoatmon Cancel My 2:00 This meeting could get DEADLYRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    If EA had funded them fully, Bioware would have sent three.

There were three, but the guy at human resources found him without any input from the rest of the team and the goon turned out to be a huge disappointment.

aik7511.jpg